• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Heatshade

Neo Member
Just a question.
I beat story mode with TJ Combo and got 2 Goals at once, now i go watch the endings in collection and ending 1 and ending 2 are the same. Is this right, or is it just one ending per character altogheter?

dankir

Yah Max would have been much better as a narrator, old one lacks a punch.
I don't know about Eagle, an older brother of Chief Thunder makes me feel like it would be very similar designs and Tusk also might tread similar ground to both. Then again Orchid and Jago are also siblings.

Seeing that he became a Fulgore unit maybe he'll be half man half Fulgore or something like that?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I don't get it. My records show I've played over 140 online ranked matches so they didn't get wiped but I'm no longer Gold rank. I'm a qualifier again. Everything bar my rank is intact. I'm boned right? Posting on the official forums bore no fruit.

Doukou

I don't get it. My records show I've played over 140 online ranked matches so they didn't get wiped but I'm no longer Gold rank. I'm a qualifier again. Everything bar my rank is intact. I'm boned right? Posting on the official forums bore no fruit.

Sounds like it, they could bump you back to your orginal to position. I would try tweeting Adam Isgreen.

Hello everyone,
This week it’s short and quick, as there’s tons of game info to digest from E3, and I’m sure everyone’s excited about the KI news. To recap:
[*]KI is coming to Windows 10!
[*]It has full LIVE support, meaning cloud saves, game DVR, chat, and matchmaking is all fully supported.
[*]It features cross-play with Xbox One, so there’s no fragmentation of the community when playing multiplayer.
[*]It is cross-buy, meaning that anything you own on the Xbox One version will already be unlocked on the Win 10 version!
[*]Xbox one fight sticks and pads will all be supported (fully), and 360 sticks and pads already work with Windows 10.
We’ll be sharing more information on the Win 10 version of KI later this year.
Also this week, we released the last major update for KI Season 2, including rivals story mode, ARIA retro, and the ARIA announcer. We still have the remainder of the S2 cast to enable in shadows, bug fixes and polish, and of course Shadow Jago coming over the course of the next several months, so there’s more KI content on the way as we roll through summer into fall.
Thanks to everyone that played, provided feedback, and made the KI community grow over the course of Season 2. It’s been really fun moving KI forwards and growing the game with the community every step of the way. We certainly enjoy interacting with everyone and look forwards to continuing that relationship as we finish up S2 in its entirety.

What’s next? We’ll have more KI-related things to talk about at both EVO and Gamescom later this year!

That last line ;D

Sydle

ARIA's ending is great. I'm very excited about what's next.

TJ's music is phenomenal. Mick Gordon is a music god.

I'm not sure what they're going to announce at EVO and Gamescom. Thinking back through all the suggestions and feature requests in the official forums it wouldn't surprise me if things get mixed up a bit. I can't find the right Q&A thread, but I think I remember Isgreen saying that the release schedule may look different after S2 such as more time between releases.

I'm just guessing that maybe they give themselves some breathing room to plan out Season 3 by tuning Season 2, updating Shadow Jago, and maybe releasing a new mode or something while working on S3 in the background.

Personally, I'd like to see them coincide the start of Season 3 with the release of the PC version. Nothing brings the community together the same way the textual streams and code releases have in past seasons. I think it would be a shame if the PC part of the community missed out on that kind of hype.

Doukou

This is a funny glitch, credit goes to Chaidez1095 on Ultra combo.
I'm impressed how well it seems to work.
dULLU2X.jpg

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I feel like I'm not getting the 25000 Character XP..my Hisako was a level 19 and did not even level up once after completing the rivals challenges...

btags

This is a funny glitch, credit goes to Chaidez1095 on Ultra combo.
I'm impressed how well it seems to work.

That is really interesting, because in that leaked video of the 360 build of KI it was really early and for glacius they just used a jago model with weird proportions. Maybe this is some weird remnant of that?

.la1n

I feel like I'm not getting the 25000 Character XP..my Hisako was a level 19 and did not even level up once after completing the rivals challenges...

Agreed, none of the characters I've finished story with so far have seemed to gain any XP.

I didn't pay too much attention to it but I think the bonus XP was working for me. I know my Cinder leveled up twice after I finished his three story goals.

tapedeck

Ok yeah I beat all 3 goals with Maya and she leveled up from 20 to 21 at the end. Maybe I wasn't paying attention w Hisakos level. I guess 25K seems like it should do a bit more than just give you one level but meh.

Xeroblade

I just bought a xbox one and want to play this, what version of the game do I buy? If I buy the season 2 ultra edition will that include the season 1 characters as well?

hwalker84

I just bought a xbox one and want to play this, what version of the game do I buy? If I buy the season 2 ultra edition will that include the season 1 characters as well?
No. Each season is separate. If you want all the characters and retro costume you'll need to buy the Ultimate Edition of each season.

tapedeck

If you want all the characters I would buy the 'Complete Collection' bundle. It's $59.99 (I think) but includes a lot of content (well everything) for that price. All characters, costumes, accessories and KI1 & 2 Arcade games.

.la1n

Any hints on how to get the CPU to fall for catch counters with Hisako to unlock that part of her story requirements? Sadira seems to always want to throw out webs that I can't counter.

.la1n

I know they fixed TJ's linkers to not have the same visual indicator of strengths as openers for his ground pound move. Not sure what else.

Hotsuma

I looked under the Announcer Type option, but I don't see any choice besides Classic and New. Is the ARIA voice an unlockable or is something wrong with this download? I have the season 2 story mode content, but I'm not sure what the problem is.

I looked under the Announcer Type option, but I don't see any choice besides Classic and New. Is the ARIA voice an unlockable or is something wrong with this download? I have the season 2 story mode content, but I'm not sure what the problem is.

Try going to Store & Collection > Extras > Audio.

Should be listed there. I think someone mentioned it unlocks at level 25 but I'm not 100% sure on that because it was already unlocked for me.

Hotsuma

Try going to Store & Collection > Extras > Audio.

Should be listed there. I think someone mentioned it unlocks at level 25 but I'm not 100% sure on that because it was already unlocked for me.

Thanks. I just purchased it from the store since KI Gold was there from the Shadow Jago fundraiser.

.la1n

Can't blame IG for WB releasing it before the port was ready. Especially when it wasn't their game in the first place.

Yeah their hands were tied on this one, they knew it wasn't ready but WB wanted it pushed out.

MS will afford them the time to get the KI PC port right, I feel pretty confident in that.

Anger is appropriate but people need to start holding the publishers accountable instead of breaking out pitch forks at the developers.

Doukou

Yah seems to be unfair to Iron galaxy, WB games PC versions always seem to have multiple issues so I would say its their fault.

vg260

Can't blame IG for WB releasing it before the port was ready. Especially when it wasn't their game in the first place.

Not necessarily. I like IG, and want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but we don't know what the scenario was. They are contractors and not owned by WB so they had choice in taking this project on. There needs to be some due diligence on the port studio's part to only take on a project they can handle and deliver on. I would assume the budget and scope are known initially. It's possible WB screwed them over somehow, but it's also possible they took on the work when they weren't capable.

Like this and the Ultra SF4 PS4 port, it's easy to dump blame on one party, but we really don't know what went down behind the scenes. Could be all on WB, could be on IG, or a little of both.

I just hope on the KI PC port they take their time and do it right. I'm not as worried since they've already been working on it.

Top Bottom