• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

On mobile, but apparently shadow meter is purple now?

Adam tweeted it if someone wants to post the image

Cck1ci5UAAAz3Dv.jpg:large

Pretty quick considering he said in the Twitch chat yesterday that they were only considering the change lol.

I don't mind the changes to the shadow effects or the bar itself except for on some characters it looks like they're covered in purple slime when they use a shadow move, Arbiter specifically.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I was actually thinking when I first saw the purple shadow moves that the meter should be purple too, heh.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Newcomer here....is there a way to permanently save the fight replays?

It's been a while since I used it, but I believe you can favorite replays you want to keep. I don't know if they are permanent (as in, stay after features are patched / changed in the game), but it at least kept them from being overwritten by later incoming replays.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It's more a nod to WeaponLord, but Virtua Fighter is the first one that comes to most minds, I'd imagine. (And is what Keits used to describe it in a vid).

korr-kill-weaponlord-o.gif

PlzNotaKorrColors4TuskRetro.

Jarlaxle

Do we know if they'll wipe records/ranks(silver, gold, killer) for Season 3? I kind of hope they do as I think I'd like to be out of killer seeing as I haven't really played in months and wasn't doing hot in it at the time and would get absolutely wrecked in it now.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
"more...!?"
This clearly means..

-Improved Season 1 retros
-Ultimates (with stage in background) for all characters
-5 new CLASSIC stages (see they tricked us by saying only 3 NEW stages, clever fuckers)
-1080p
-All new In-Game HUD
-Mick Gordon is back, he just tweeted Celldweller is not worthy and DOOM is against his religion anyway

God Damn I'm Hype.

dankir

This clearly means..

-Improved Season 1 retros
-Ultimates (with stage in background) for all characters
-5 new CLASSIC stages (see they tricked us by saying only 3 NEW stages, clever fuckers)
-1080p
-All new In-Game HUD
-Mick Gordon is back, he just tweeted Celldweller is not worthy and DOOM is against his religion anyway

God Damn I'm Hype.

I wish, I hope we got more S3 specific details tomorrow as well. Pricing, UI preview and whatever else they have planned.

Was looking through the dev tracker on the forums.

No tease at the end of Tusk's trailer tomorrow, the character isn't ready to show yet.

New UI won't be shown tomorrow and the stream to show it is "a couple weeks off" according to Rukari. Tomorrow's build will be the same as the stream from earlier this week.

So yeah, figured it'd be good to manage expectations.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I have a hard time believing anyone thought we'd see a *very* different build so quickly.

Just Tusk, and MAYBE a peak at some colors, accessories, or a Retro, would be more than enough for a 2nd stream in the same week.

Hopefully, we see Thunder so we can see how the new lighting affects his stage.

OrochiJR

I have a question for alle the pad players out there: Which pad do you use exactly?

Although I bought the Ultra Editions of both S1 and S2, I haven't played that much as of yet, I believe like 6 hours according to the ingame counter, so I haven't really settled for a preferred controller for the game. I have at my disposal the standard Xbox One pad (bought it in early 2014, just in case there are newer better models available) as well as the Mortal Kombat X Fightpad. Are there any better gamepads out there for playing KI beside these two? The standard controller is pretty nice and all, but since you have to use the shoulder buttons it's a little iffy. The MK fightpad on the other hand has six face buttons, but something about the d-pad feels a little off. Maybe that's just a matter of getting used to it.

Are there any other good gamepad options out there for Xbox One? I don't feel like dishing out ~150 bucks again for an arcade stick, especially since there are not really any other fighting games I plan to play on the Xbone in the future.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I have a question for alle the pad players out there: Which pad do you use exactly?

Seeing the Great Oni in an avatar reminds me of my brother's Capcom fighting Pad.

Capcom-pad-SNES-1.jpg

Anywho, I use the white newer build XB1 controller, and actually prefer the Analog controller for KI. The D-Pad always felt a bit chumpy for me, on the right side diagonals. It's better than the default, but I still don't like it for KI or Blazblue as much.

Beyond Joysticks, I've never really noticed many controller options for the XB1. The CronosMax is an option, but since I heard it MIGHT be bad for your additional USBs, I have no interest in it, as I play locally often.

Cross-post from the Halo 5 Forge thread:

I was bored and started thinking it would be a fun idea to forge all of the Killer Instinct maps out of hype for the Arbiter's cameo. This blockout is as far as I got before I realized getting the perspective right is a huge challenge...

Anyways, I hope someone more talented than myself will recreate some KI stages (if they haven't already). Why? Because you can never have too much KI in Halo and vice-versa (here's hoping for Fulgore armor in H5)

The Flash

Banned
Cross-post from the Halo 5 Forge thread:

I was bored and started thinking it would be a fun idea to forge all of the Killer Instinct maps out of hype for the Arbiter's cameo. This blockout is as far as I got before I realized getting the perspective right is a huge challenge...

Anyways, I hope someone more talented than myself will recreate some KI stages (if they haven't already). Why? Because you can never have too much KI in Halo and vice-versa (here's hoping for Fulgore armor in H5)

Dude that's awesome. Is it available for download?

Top Bottom