• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Just wanted to post these.

Rash.jpg

Rash_5.jpg

Rash_3.jpg

Rash_4.jpg

The screens look nice, that's definitely the PC version. Just got home from work about an hour ago and I can't wait for the Arbiter stream later today. He seems to have a lot going on UI wise from what I saw in the videos and I wanna see all the details.

How come nobody is talking about the Halo stage having a Stage Ultra???
There's a stage ultra for the Halo stage? Any link to it?

Oh man, I really REALLY hope they show Thunder's stage in the stream since it's my favorite stage and I want to see how it looks after seeing Spinal's. I mean seriously, I thought Spinal's was pretty okay-ish but the new lighting bumped it up to one my faves now.

And holy shit yo, Sabrewulf's stage looks great as well! I'm just loving this new lighting, everything feels so fresh now!! Thumbs WAYYY up Iron Galaxy!

Lmao, Kim Wu is like half of Arbiter's height and even his crouch is taller than her. Dude is huuuuge and I wonder if Gargos might be similar to his size.

EDIT: YOOOOO that Kim Wu combo by Keits!!

Sucks that I can't watch the stream. My internet is being poo..

I'll catch it on YouTube at some point. I really want to see how these stages look now.

Sucks that I can't watch the stream. My internet is being poo..

I'll catch it on YouTube at some point. I really want to see how these stages look now.

Wow that sucks. You are in for a treat though when you see the new lighting.....everything literally looks waaaaaay better.

---------

Also wow, the fire's lighting on the arcing structure there is way more prominent in Glacius stage now and it looks really good! FFFFFFFF....I'm getting f'in hype as hell now oh man I can't wait for March 29th!

dankir

Just watched the IGN Tusk video, holy fuck this guy hits like a motherfucker. Two Shadow moves in a combo and he cashes out 75% !

I can't wait to play him.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Wow, I'm genuinely impressed by how much better the stages they showed look with the new lighting. Can't wait to see how the rest!

Bummed we didn't get to see the new UI and Char select yet, hopefully on the Tusk stream they show the goods.

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised they didn't show off UI yet but it sounds like they will soon, and honestly as long as the character select screen is improved I'll be pretty happy.

Just the mention of Spinal, and Sabrewulf's stage is making me hyped up for them. Have they shown Thunder's and Fulgore's stage yet? :V
None of theirs sadly. It was just Aganos, Spinal, Sabrewulf and Glacius of the old characters stages IIRC and also Kim Wu/Arbiter which we've seen already. Spinal's look drastically different in the new lighting for sure and doesn't look as plain as before. Sabrewulf's looks a lot more moody and atmospheric with fog in the background outside and the stage being dark but lighted by the candles and such. Overall the game looks a LOT better and they've did a really good job on it. I really hope they show Thunder's in the next stream whenever they do it.

Ishmae1

We have such sights to show you...

Glad everyone is enjoying the updates so far! It's always nice to see "I don't know..." turn into "oh wow" after people see things in motion. =)

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Eyedol is an awful stain on the franchise that should stay buried forever.

In other news I still can't believe Arbiter actually has a parry, that alone makes me want to main him.

.la1n

The gamma blow out at the end of matches still rearing its ugly head since the middle of season 2. Will hold out hope it gets fixed before launch.

Tusk and Kim Wu need work on their models, especially in the face. Tusk falls apart especially bad in up close shots. I feel like a few weeks of polish should help them shine though so not too concerned about it. Game play wise (the most important) season 3 looks like a lot of fun to play. You can tell a lot of love went into Arbiter both aesthetically and in how he plays, great job IG.

The new lighting in the stages seems much better buts it's hard to tell on IG's potato cam quality streams ;). I await direct feed. I do like the new shadow move effect, it's easier to see the character's movements and as a result should be easier to break shadows.

The music isn't Mick level but I never expected it to be, still a good effort and fits KI. I've noticed everything shown for season 3 has been using the "classic" announcer, I wonder if that will be the default moving forward.

Load times were bad and still some lag when loading menus, performance issues I expect will be ironed out before launch. I have to say I expected a bit more polish given the development time for this season.

Top Bottom