• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

The Flash

Banned
He just said on his stream that he doesn't know and that his event would be ruined if S3 was released on or before the 8th.

*grabs tinfoil hat*

They're on to me. Keits saw my previous post and told Crazy to come up with something. It's the only logical explanation.

I still think/hope that it'll be late March.

EDIT:

I love this man

zftEHq7.png

OrochiJR

Isn't the embargo of last weeks MS event ending today? I'm hoping we get an outline of exactly what's coming with season 3. Get hype!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
are we there yet

release date march 29th

8 characters

Minimum
Processor: Intel Core i5-750 @ 2.67 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.4 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 / AMD Radeon HD 5850
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Tusk's face looks rough. There's something weird going on with the texturing/lighting of his face, like it's an early model or something. He looks kinda generic, but still an improvement over the abominable KI2 design.

Same for Kim Wu, although I absolutely hate her 'tude. Might be worse than Cinder. The only character that manages to pull of the attitude thing so far is Rash <3. Love that "Come on my baby!" dance he does. Nice nod to old cartoons.

Arbiter fits surprisingly well in the KI universe I think, almost like he was designed as a KI character originally.

vg260

Not sure I'm digging the new shadow move effect. I loved how the old one looked.

edit: saw better video. Looks fine.

The Good:

Gameplay looks incredible. I'm not really surprised there, IG always knocks it out of the part.

Arby translates very well into the KI universe and looks like beginners who are trying the game because of him will easily be able to throw nades and use the carbine. Love the life bar actually being the same as it is in Halo. As someone who played Halo religiously for a solid 5 years straight Iron Galaxy did an incredible job.

Tusk looks great as well, gameplay seems fantastic. I like his new design, but I'm pretty excited to see the retro. He seems like he might be a nightmare to fight against, but looks like he'll be fun to play as.

Shadows look really slick now. I actually really liked when they were obnoxious, but the new shadow effect looks pretty good.

The Okay:

Where's the DAH?? Didn't seem to hear it at all. I hope IG can work some magic and make his retro only say DAH.

Details about launch are still foggy. FINALLY got a release date, and I'm happy about that...But no pricing, bundle info, or new modes..?

Lighting on Kan-Ra's stage didn't seem like a huge improvement, but it might just be GameSpot's shitty video player.

The "please tell me it's still in development":

Tusk and Kim Wu's faces. They just seem off compared to the rest of the humans in the cast. Since no one on the dev teams commented on Kim Wu's face it seems like it might be final..but I really hope not.

dankir

Tusk looks fucking amazing, love how big and chunky he is and his stance? Amazing!

S3 is here!!!

Oh man the new Shadow effect????

HHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Trying to catch up on all the stuff so far.

March 29th, eh, okay. Knew it was going to be late in the month but the wait sucks ass.

Only 8 characters? 8 characters and 3 stages? The Combo Breaker and Ultra editions better be priced accordingly then if they're not making up for it with other content. I'll be pretty pissed if they try to sell less content at the same price. It's already bad enough that they chose to do visual improvements over adding new stages.

Arbiter looks alright. Probably not my cup of tea but I can see the appeal. His command grab looks like it's going to be ridiculously annoying. Like Fulgore on steroids or something.

Tusk's move set looks pretty cool. Hard to get a great impression with just a few minutes but what's there of the sword combat looks really good. His face though....oh god, his face. Almost enough to put me off the character entirely. At least he's back facing I guess lol.

dankir

What is it with people asking for a cheaper price if there are fewer stages? Ultra Edition will most likely be 40 dollars like the last 2 seasons.

Well if there's less than content then before what are you going to do?

We'll see what happens when they officially announce everything. I'm not going to assume stuff and get upset based on that.

Even still, whether I buy it or not, it would be a dick move to charge the same price for less content. That's all I'm saying.

Keits

Developer
We'll see what happens when they officially announce everything. I'm not going to assume stuff and get upset based on that.

Even still, whether I buy it or not, it would be a dick move to charge the same price for less content. That's all I'm saying.

Would it?

Or is this how literally every piece of DLC content ever produced works?

Wait till the end of Season 3 and see if you think its worth the asking price or not, if you like, but be realistic about it.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
March 29th w 4 characters. ICalledIt.gif

Anywho I'm pretty pleased with the info, Tusks face looks..ok? I don't think it looks bad just kinda different than what was in my head. He'll probably look younger with face paint for his retro.

Arbiter and stage look fantastic but we knew that.

I LOVE that they finally adjusted the shadow move effects, they look much better/cleaner now IMO.

About Kim Wu's face, here's a new screen..does this look improved at all from the World Cup build? I feel like it looks a little better but could just be my wishful thinking..
Kim_Wu_3.jpg

Nori Chan

Would it?

Wait till the end of Season 3 and see if you think its worth the asking price or not, if you like, but be realistic about it.
I'd pay for 80. But you guys won't let me do it

Would it?

Am I really being that unrealistic? Genuine question.

Assuming that it's the same $20/$40 price model and season 3 only consists of 8 characters and 3 stages and there aren't any other announcements then it's undeniably less content for the price compared to both season 1 and season 2.

I don't really have any problem ponying up the money for a game I want to play, I just think it would be kind of shitty to sell less content at the same price, that's all. That doesn't seem particularly unreasonable to me but maybe I'm in the minority on that.

It's not going to matter either way. I'm hyped for season 3 and I want to play it so I'll be putting up the cash anyway. It would just be a little bittersweet all things considered.

dankir

Would it?

Keits all I want to know if there is going to be a season 3 trailer like S2. PLEASE CONFIRM!!!

tapedeck

vg260

Am I really being that unrealistic? Genuine question.

Assuming that it's the same $20/$40 price model and season 3 only consists of 8 characters and 3 stages and there aren't any other announcements then it's undeniably less content for the price compared to both season 1 and season 2.

I don't really have any problem ponying up the money for a game I want to play, I just think it would be kind of shitty to sell less content at the same price, that's all. That doesn't seem particularly unreasonable to me but maybe I'm in the minority on that.

It's not going to matter either way. I'm hyped for season 3 and I want to play it so I'll be putting up the cash anyway. It would just be a little bittersweet all things considered.

If the 3 stages, 8 characters, and redone lighting are all of the new content, and sold at the same price, then yeah, I agree charging the same would be frustrating from a customer perspective. Especially considering all the extra features added in Season 2 like Shadow mode. I don't think feeling that way that's unreasonable at all. However, it does sound like there is other stuff coming to balance it out at some point in the season we haven't seen yet, at least I hope so. It would be a bad look if there wasn't.

I'll buy the ultra edition. Just like I paid 20 dollars for shadow jago
KI is the only game I go out of my way to pay money and support the devs.

It would be kinda shitty to charge 40 for an ultra pack with less content.

The 3 stages thing is disappointing enough, if there's not some other cool shit in the works I'll definitely be disappointed.

I'll be there day 1 either way.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
About Kim Wu's face, here's a new screen..does this look improved at all from the World Cup build? I feel like it looks a little better but could just be my wishful thinking..
Kim_Wu_3.jpg

Lets Compare to an old screenies:

I think they're at least lighting her face better now; better control on where shadows fall, and how even her skin looks overall, to avoid creating weird dark pockets or such.

Holy Hell.

His glowing sword, those KI2 moves, he looks amazing.

Oh and

ICalledItAgain

I think we were all hoping for some of it, with James Goddard being there. I'm pleasantly surprised it's so complete, though. Even the heating up sword works with the idea of those classic flame strikes. Also wouldn't have expected an actual OTG, would have figured there'd at most be such a motion as part of a high level ender.

The Flash

Banned
As far as the content/value argument goes I think it's best to just take them at their word and "wait and see". The devs haven't screwed us over in the past and I don't think they will this time.

This is probably going to be the last season for the game so I'm expecting/hoping that they've got some good stuff in store for us.

Doukou

Tusk plays great. Arbiter looks unique to say the least, playing like a Halo character.
Disappointed on his look and stage music.

tapedeck

Lets Compare to an old screenies:

I think they're at least lighting her face better now; better control on where shadows fall, and how even her skin looks overall, to avoid creating weird dark pockets or such.
Here's another shot

Kim_Wu_2.jpg

If you zoom in on her face (I do it but I'm on mobile) it definitely looks better..but that could be just this particular screen they picked that's flattering, I guess we won't really know till the live stream.

The Flash

Banned
I don't understand why they haven't released any art wallpapers for Kim Wu and Tusk. Rash and Arbiter have theirs. What's the deal?

There's nothing wrong with Tusks' face, it's just when he has his eyes wide open that make's it weird.

Can't say I'm too excited for him from what I saw, but I did love the sword. The guy is freakin' tall as well.

Oh, I won't pass any judgement. Keits says there's some things coming to justify the loss of stages, I believe it. It'll be a long wait to know that information though, either way I'm pretty excited as to what's to come in the future.

Top Bottom