• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

That Pimple color

Rash_Color_5.jpg

The best color of all time

btags

Cinder is easy. One of the most button mashing friendly characters in the game.

I disagree strongly. You can mash buttons like crazy with cinder if you want, and you can sure as hell move around the screen like crazy with him, but to actually be effective you have to be very good with him.

I disagree strongly. You can mash buttons like crazy with cinder if you want, and you can sure as hell move around the screen like crazy with him, but to actually be effective you have to be very good with him.

Agreed. When I made my accessibility list, I tried to make it based off the individual character mechanics, and what they were capable of. Honestly, you could probably switch around a few characters into a few different tiers. Spinal and Maya could probably be added to the "hard" tier, since Spinal's about resource management and has some tricky teleport setups and projectile combos, and Maya has some tricky projectile juggles, and she can be tricky to play if your daggers are on the other side of the screen. I considered Rash a "medium" difficulty character because of his juggles and tongue mobility, but I'll defer to Keits' judgment and say he's of the "easy" ilk.

Cinder however, with his juggles, his fired up mechanic changing a lot of things about his neutral and combos, the fact that his projectile is a manually activated bomb, and his low combo damage outside of burnout make me think he's an advanced character, or at least one with a high skill ceiling.

Keits

Developer
My lists consider ease of use only. I'm asking "how difficult is it to get in and have fun with this character?" I do not at all factor in "how difficult is it to win at mid-high levels with this character?".

And of course, with Combo Assist, you can move nearly everyone to the 'easy' group. This list is without, and represents my opinion only. These are not stack-ranked in any order inside the categories.

Easy:
Jago
Sabrewulf
TJ Combo
Riptor
Rash
Arbiter
Shadow Jago
Tusk

Medium:
Glacius
Thunder
Sadira
Orchid
Fulgore
Maya
Omen
Hisako
Cinder
Kim Wu

Difficult:
Spinal
Kan Ra
Aganos
Aria

I wish this community was bigger, if this was a leak for like any other first party game the community thread would be going nuts ;~;

Doukou

It makes sense gears is also having a big esports push just like Halo is, and you can bring some of that to KI.
RAAM just feels weird though. He's not that recognizable.

Keits right now.
a28.jpg

Doukou

In all honesty I wish the leak didn't happen, would of been fine with just that Shadow lords image.I was fine with the current schedule of streams and costume and now I won't be surprised by the new stuff when it's finally ready to be shown and will have my own expectations of it.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
In all honesty I wish the leak didn't happen, would of been fine with just that Shadow lords image.I was fine with the current schedule of streams and costume and now I won't be surprised by the new stuff when it's finally ready to be shown and will have my own expectations of it.
Agreed.

But hey at least now we have more time to complain about the final roster!

Jarlaxle

I hope RAAM isn't true. I'd much prefer a "new" KI character. Hisako, Aganos, and Kan-Ra were all great. I'd like to see more in that vein. Two guest characters already there as it is.

bumpkin

Mira? Whose Mira?

And yeah, I think Skorge would be a way better GOW guest character than RAAM. Unless they gave him attacks that let him close distance quickly/easily, RAAM isn't exactly the fastest Locust in the hollows. Strong and slow would kind of suck in a fighter as fast as KI.

Mira? Whose Mira?

And yeah, I think Skorge would be a way better GOW guest character than RAAM. Unless they gave him attacks that let him close distance quickly/easily, RAAM isn't exactly the fastest Locust in the hollows. Strong and slow would kind of suck in a fighter as fast as KI.

Maya's sister. I'd rather have Eagle, or Eagle's Ghost, than Maya's twin sister tbh

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

In all honesty, they should have revealed more by now anyway so this leak would not have happened anyway.

vg260

In all honesty, they should have revealed more by now anyway so this leak would not have happened anyway.

I don't really agree. It's just more compressed before release. SFV and MKXL just released, so waiting until after those release hype build-ups passed is fine. I have no problems with them waiting to ramp up heavily right before launch. It's a digital release, the date is set, and the PC specs are out. I'm not bothered by not knowing the price, either. I have no issues with it.

Doukou

I agree on some stuff like pricing and what ultra-pack contains should be talked about since those are immediate things. But the rest of roster and new mode may not even be presentable by the time the game comes with the games distribution, I see no why they should talk about a new mode or character without anything to show.

.la1n

Hopefully more leaks, ridiculous we don't even have prices for a game coming out in 20 days.

General RAAM is a great choice, I'm happy with that. Too bad he won't get a badass moving train stage.

Top Bottom