• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thank goodness I'm not the only one. As a long-time MK fan, I really dislike the MKX select screen. It is so drab, gray, and unexciting unlike classic MK games. I always felt that those backgrounds added a lot of flair. I guess the characters used to be more colorful too though.

Yeah, those boxes totally look like placeholders. Not like anything you'd use in the actual release. The rest of the screen is pretty sleek, but you'd think they'd do a lot more with the boxes, since it's in their DNA.

I like the Korean Lullaby and string instrument usage. What would Mick have done differently? Maybe used a few additional instruments for some of the sounds, rather than a guitar?

The Flash

Banned
I like the Korean Lullaby and string instrument usage. What would Mick have done differently? Maybe used a few additional instruments for some of the sounds, rather than a guitar?

I have a baseless theory that Mick recommend Atlas and Cell for the job

Definitely has vampire like clothing.

Also the more I think about it the more I think RAAM will fit pretty well. The knife, kryll projectile, kryll shield, maybe a torque bow. It'll definitely work.

God damn that's one hell of a leak, I do feel bad for the dev team now :/. Knowing character's exist is much different than seeing their actual character models in game. I wish that MS would have shown a little bit more before we saw these leaks, but nothing you can do now. Still wish we were getting Eagle instead of General RAAM.

Can't believe they're keeping this ugly ass font. I know we're on a tight budget, but outsource the UI next time pls

You know what I kind of love about Season 3? Tall ass characters. Lol

Tusk, Arbiter, RAAM (9'), Gargos (possibly), and Eyedol (if he gets in)

Edit: The Flash is a prophet.

vg260

I don't feel bad for IG or Microsoft at all. The launch information and details are severely lacking.

A lot of work goes into the planning for the sequence of reveals, and information is not just thrown out haphazardly. That stuff is planned to ramp up interest and give the game exposure to maximize interest at the right times and and leaks hurt that. Not to mention, reveals are often timed to show the work-in-progress in the best light.

Who says when we need to know and when as long as the launch content is revealed before release? It's not like they're even asking for people to put money down on pre-orders with limited info yet.

I think leaking this out there for this game especially which is very community-driven and given the level of interactivity with the community the devs have shown is not cool. I mean a lot of the devs are huge fans of the genre and IP and obviously care about the franchise. Wouldn't that suck if you were in their position?

I like the game and want it to perform well to bolster the community, so I'm willing to cut them some slack and sit with less info until they're ready to reveal stuff for a few short weeks out of respect for the devs. I don't feel like they owe me the information on my terms. If when the game is available, there's not enough info, I'll make my purchase decision then.

.la1n

Shoryuken.

Was also posted in the other thread.

Thanks.

Yeah I feel bad for the devs. Information has been ridiculously slow but this wasn't the way to get around that.

I agree with you, the team is all made of good people and I am sure a lot of forthcoming surprises have been messed up due to the this. Doesn't make it right but they should have been more forthcoming with information this close to launch and there is a good chance these leaks wouldn't have happened.

edit: Mira looks like she is going to be a legit great design when finished. One thing I hope they had to Season 3 is something similar to what Capcom is doing where you can choose to do a 2/3 match with people in ranked assuming the other players accepts. I don't like it being locked to Killer only.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Mira looks cool.. though does this make her the second sibling of another mixed-race family in KI? That wouldn't be horrible at all, but I'd rather see "darker" than lighter here, a much more rare representation. Sadira (and to a lesser extent, Hisako) both already have the pale-with-raven-hair thing quite covered.

Select screen looks real nice, can't wait to see how it all works out in motion.

I have a baseless theory that Mick recommend Atlas and Cell for the job

Sounds plausible!

Yikes. I actually feel bad for the developers. This is a lot of leaked info.

Aye. It's not like this is a leak of just what we'll see at the months end... this is stuff we weren't suppose to see (and were supposed to see teases for) for MONTHS. It'll still have impact to see (and hear!) it all finalized and realized, but this is a crap way to diminish it's impact.

I don't feel bad for IG or Microsoft at all. The launch information and details are severely lacking.

Can't agree. I'd like to know more about what's in the release version on the 29th, sure. But that doesn't mean I want the money they put into months of marketing to be wasted so I can get 5 minutes of an "AH HA!" feel. Are we REALLY so impatient that we can't wait to see things until they're all properly ready? We'll have basically half of what S2 offered for characters on Day 1 of this season. Is that really not worth waiting a while for info on the later parts?

I don't think the lack of info influenced the leaks either. Unless no1dead said something specifically like that.

KI really wasn't leaky at all until it started to get a companion PC release, eh? Quite amazing how under wraps things stayed until now.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Said this in the other thread but Mira looks damn good for still being unfinished.

Select screen is ZzZzZzzzzzz.

So my thoughts:

Mira looks great, she kind of reminds of Sadira's classic alt. I'm glad we're getting a vampire in KI, and I think they did a fantastic job on the face. Especially compared to Chad Krogu...I mean Tusk.

I am not excited about another guest character. I think Rash is fantastic. Animates well, looks awesome, sounds great, etc. But Arby and General RAAM seem like Microsoft higher ups interfering. "Yea you can do season three but throw some halo and gears in their to promote the games and sell more copies." I have no doubt IG will do a fantastic job with General RAAM because they're great but I'm not excited about the character at all. Would have much rather had an original character.

Oh well. Hopefully the new mode is great, because right now I'm not as excited I was for S2.

Wow even more leaks? Even though we did a little bit of info these past few weeks, the drought unexpectedly turned into a flood I guess. :p

Also Mira looks cool, I'm digging her design and am definitely getting vampire vibes from her. This kinda makes me a little sad though since seeing all the new original KI characters in S2 was really awesome and it was fun to speculate who the newcomer would be (remember squid ghost samurai or broccoli golem lol?). We basically know the majority of the roster now and 2 are unknowns with one of them being Gargos most likely.....no more room for new original characters :(.

Doukou

So my thoughts:

Mira looks great, she kind of reminds of Sadira's classic alt. I'm glad we're getting a vampire in KI, and I think they did a fantastic job on the face. Especially compared to Chad Krogu...I mean Tusk.

I am not excited about another guest character. I think Rash is fantastic. Animates well, looks awesome, sounds great, etc. But Arby and General RAAM seem like Microsoft higher ups interfering. "Yea you can do season three but throw some halo and gears in their to promote the games and sell more copies." I have no doubt IG will do a fantastic job with General RAAM because they're great but I'm not excited about the character at all. Would have much rather had an original character.

Oh well. Hopefully the new mode is great, because right now I'm not as excited I was for S2.

To be fair, DH and MS guys(like Isgreen) have always wanted Arbiter

The Flash

Banned
tumblr_nbnyunzvXG1sm3vxwo1_400.gif

I definitely would have preferred to see more original characters but I'm really happy with how the guest characters are turning out regardless.

I really wanted them to do a lamia/gorgon type character. That could have been awesome.

BHK3

Banned
Saw some of the replies of Mira possibly being the vampire yesterday but couldnt post saying that was a good point. Either way I'm now happy about learning about Mira, colour me excited. Still don't want RAAM and still would rather see some GOD DAMN PC PORT LEAKS or something...KI is the difference between me upgrading to W10 or waiting off till I can get a cheap xbox.

I really wanted them to do a lamia/gorgon type character. That could have been awesome.

Please, stop, my penis can only get so erect. Snake and Vampire women? All in one game? My heart

mdsfx

So about Mira... Doesn't anyone else think she's too similar to Sadira? I mean, Sadira is already basically a vampire girl in my eyes, or at least very close to it.

Saw some of the replies of Mira possibly being the vampire yesterday but couldnt post saying that was a good point. Either way I'm now happy about learning about Mira, colour me excited. Still don't want RAAM and still would rather see some GOD DAMN PC PORT LEAKS or something...KI is the difference between me upgrading to W10 or waiting off till I can get a cheap xbox.

Please, stop, my penis can only get so erect. Snake and Vampire women? All in one game? My heart

From what I've heard, the IGN videos from March 1st were the PC version.

So about Mira... Doesn't anyone else think she's too similar to Sadira? I mean, Sadira is already basically a vampire girl in my eyes, or at least very close to it.

She reminds of sadia's retro...but I'm not sure how you associate spider lady with vampire lady lol

But that doesn't fit in with microsofts games as a service future.

Still, past a certain point they're going to have to do a more drastic tech upgrade than they're capable of without doing a total teardown rebuild of everything. Lighting system upgrades are impressive, but still.

We might be in for one or two more seasons if 3 does well, though.

The Flash

Banned
The leak thread isn't going as bad as I though it would. Still a lot of "guest characters are lame" posts. Guest characters are a staple of fighting games now. A lot of people still can't seem to grasp that.

At least the theme for the next OT will be appropriate

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I imagine at some point they're going to want to stop releasing seasons and start working on an outright sequel.
This is what Id prefer TBH.

Fully flesh out and stuff S3 with as much fan requested stuff/missing features as possible then stop and make KI4 for Xbox Two or whatever.

Edit: I just realized I typed out 'KI4' in a serious manner. Damn we've made it far from the days of dreaming for KI3 lol.

Top Bottom