• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

SimonM7

It's like watching a group of kids happy that they got candy, and watching 1 get depressed not because they didn't get the same candy too, but because the got the wrong color wrapper, or the piece they got has a funny shape.

Well, they all spent their allowance buying the same bag of candy, but some of them have a gaming PC with Windows 10 and an Xbox at home, so they get more candy for free, even though the store owner was all "buy this candy once, and you'll have it everywhere!***".

***It'll be cooler if you have rich parents and aren't a poor kid, stuck with just one of the devices you... ahem... can access all the same content from, cross-buy™!

I'm really not using the metaphor responsibly, am I....

Give people icons and profile backgrounds and titles and stuff for logging in somewhere else. Colours in a fighting game with customisation options this *relatively* limited are cool. People do care. And if you can avoid bumming people out with *the game they all paid the same for*, please consider avoiding that.

Which I'm sure they... actually will.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Analogies are hard, it's ok! XD

I've found people will be bummed out no matter what you do online, so... it's pretty difficult to avoid offending anyone. It'll be a blessed day when a thread can be presented on bonuses and incentives, and nobody is offended or feels left out.

Anywho, hope these Retro 7s look awesome. It's nice to finally see a new level of bonus to Retros, their usual simplicity makes bonus textures and colors work pretty well on a large amount of them.

vg260

I say give Xbox users a new color for every character and PC users a new one as well. You get either set by logging in in the respective device. (so you can get both)

They already opened the can of worms with the figures, so this is no big deal then.

The more encouragement they give to play on either, the better.

SimonM7

Analogies are hard, it's ok! XD
:D

I've found people will be bummed out no matter what you do online, so... it's pretty difficult to avoid offending anyone. It'll be a blessed day when a thread can be presented on bonuses and incentives, and nobody is offended or feels left out.
Yeah, in practically every case where you buy different SKUs across different platforms, I'm totally with you. When the entire rhetoric revolves around paying once and owning everywhere, and selling people on the idea that MS doesn't care where you are! *spread glitter*, I think it gets weird if there's an asterisk and special treatment depending on where you are.

They already opened the can of worms with the figures, so this is no big deal then

I suppose it's subjective, but with the figures it's such a straight deal to me. You buy a figurine, you get the colour with. No faffing about. You can't just *be worse off* than somebody else because it's suddenly decided that you are.

Having platform exclusive colours/skins is a garbage idea. I don't have a PC and none of my friends do. Why should I miss out on content because I've play on Xbox only?

Please don't give them ideas.

I suppose it's subjective, but with the figures it's such a straight deal to me. You buy a figurine, you get the colour with. No faffing about. You can't just *be worse off* than somebody else because it's suddenly decided that you are.

Super subjective. No way in hell do I want to buy a bunch of figures for colours, but booting it up on my PC or asking a friend to boot it up on theirs is easy and free.

I'm hoping the Orchid costume is terrible, I dont want to buy her figure, it looked bad, haha.

.la1n

I am pretty impressed with Fulgore / Hisako in person, they are really well done for the price. The idea with Fulgore was to make him more pose able but he just ends up falling over more, lol.

rukari said retro color 7s are incoming!

any second now....

keYZPZ0.gif

SimonM7

Pretty sure I saw a picture of a prototype a while ago, I will try to find it.

edit: here

Oh! Ah! Thanks. And yeah, that looks a little rough. Hopefully it's sorted out. I'd be interested in an Orchid one if it turns out okay. I'll prolly end up nabbing a few of them, but I'm not sure which yet.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Yay retro color 7s instead of all new retros costumes..

I can hardly contain my excitement.

Noice. So, when I buy the game myself, It'll just be the price of a full game. Whoooo! I wish I had the chances to play it since the beginning, but oh well. Excited!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
$50 for everything is pretty damn good

but you don't get KI classics

which should also mean we aren't getting ports of them either

¡HarlequinPanic!;199065338 said:
I mean. you've also had the game available on a platform you own for almost three years now, too.

It's great that PC players are getting such a great deal.

Just feels shitty to invest all that money and then watch them sell it for less than half of that. Probably comes across as entitlement but there's no reason they couldn't have thrown a bone to legacy players with the pricing for season 3 ultra.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It's great that PC players are getting such a great deal.

Just feels shitty to invest all that money and then watch them sell it for less than half of that. Probably comes across as entitlement but there's no reason they couldn't have thrown a bone to legacy players with the pricing for season 3 ultra.

Eh but then you realize we got both arcade games

Season 1 came out in 2013 and season 2 in 2014 so i can't hold much gripe over something i bought 2.5 and 1.5 years ago respectively

Most games are bargain binned in 1 year

Eh but then you realize we got both arcade games

Season 1 came out in 2013 and season 2 in 2014 so i can't hold much gripe over something i bought 2.5 and 1.5 years ago respectively

Most games are bargain binned in 1 year

Yeah, I mean, I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it. Just stings a bit but I'll get over it.

I am glad that they made it affordable for newcomers though, hopefully it will benefit the population a lot.

Wow, a blue retro Tusk? If his hair was white, he could've been a White Walker from Game of Thrones lol.

As for the PC price point, really damn good deal but they really should've thought their marketing through and posted this the same day the S3 Ultra Edition pre-orders went up. I know there's some new people who pre-ordered that instead when they could've waited a few days and get this for all 3 seasons with all the content.

The Flash

Banned
I can understand being a little peeved about the Supreme pricing cause I've also put at least $120 into this game but like Dopey said that was over the span of almost three years. This one of the very few games where I want the devs to have as much money from me as possible so I don't mind too much.

vg260

Wow, a blue retro Tusk? If his hair was white, he could've been a White Walker from Game of Thrones lol.

As for the PC price point, really damn good deal but they really should've thought their marketing through and posted this the same day the S3 Ultra Edition pre-orders went up. I know there's some new people who pre-ordered that instead when they could've waited a few days and get this for all 3 seasons with all the content.

I think Microsoft is more lenient with refunding preorders than Sony, so it might be worth them contacting Microsoft in that case.

tapedeck

It has, yeah.

I guess I focused on the "instead of."

What were you getting at?
That we're not getting new season 1 retros?

What part of 'instead of' tells you I think color 7s are the same as retro costumes? Did you miss MS repeatedly saying for the past 2 years that we aren't getting new retro outfits no matter how much we bitch? It's clearly a 'here take this' instead of putting effort into a top requested feature.

That we're not getting new season 1 retros?

What part of 'instead of' tells you I think color 7s are the same as retro costumes? Did you miss MS repeatedly saying for the past 2 years that we aren't getting new retro outfits no matter how much we bitch? It's clearly a 'here take this' instead of putting effort into a top requested feature.

I'm sorry, I'm still confused :p

If they're not equivalent, how is it an instead of? It's not like they're doing this as an alternative to doing that. They're doing this because... it's more content. If fixing (or what have you) the season 1 retros wasn't on the table, how can it be an alternative to the new retro colors?

tapedeck

I'm sorry, I'm still confused :p

If they're not equivalent, how is it an instead of? It's not like they're doing this as an alternative to doing that. They're doing this because... it's more content. If fixing (or what have you) the season 1 retros wasn't on the table, how can it be an alternative to the new retro colors?
We're getting semantical here but yes you can get something 'instead of' something else that is not equivalent..happens all the time it's called a compromise. Obviously I have no info that can prove that's what MS is explicitly doing in this case..I'm simply expressing my personal dissatisfaction with getting one feature 'instead of' another based on the assumption that the season 1 cast are also getting retro color 7s..not much of a leap in logic there.

I hope that's clear enough.

dankir

Goddamn, y'all complain a lot. Yeah newcomers are paying considerably less than us Day 1 players, so what?

More ppl play KI the more support it'll get, more content, etc. It is a great price, so you PC users better not complain either.

6. More. Days.

I think Microsoft is more lenient with refunding preorders than Sony, so it might be worth them contacting Microsoft in that case.
Yeah definitely, new players should definitely try and get the whole bundle since it's a far better deal and Microsoft's always been pretty good with customer service.

Anyway The Flash, when are we expecting the OT? Around the weekend or Monday? Usually new releases have OT's a week before but many of us already know that KI:S3 has been a bit tricky with it's info lol. Gonna miss this thread, it was a fun up and down roller coaster even though there's only a handful of us regulars who post here. Hopefully S3's OT will have a lot more new faces!

The Flash

Banned
"I'll buy the game when it's finished"
"I'll only get it when it's all on disc"
"How come they haven't finished the game yet?"
"Still no crossbuy?"
"That doesn't seem like crossbuy..."

tumblr_m4jcnoS2og1r573sro1_500_zps2351a36d.gif~c200

Anyway The Flash, when are we expecting the OT? Around the weekend or Monday? Usually new releases have OT's a week before but many of us already know that KI:S3 has been a bit tricky with it's info lol. Gonna miss this thread, it was a fun up and down roller coaster even though there's only a handful of us regulars who post here. Hopefully S3's OT will have a lot more new faces!

OT's haven't been posted a week before in like a year. The rule is the day before. I have Monday and Tuesday off from work so...sometime on Monday. I'm not sure yet. I have a lot left.

The Flash

Banned
OT Sneak Peek

Welcome to the Frequently Asked Questions section of the OT! It’s the best place to go if you have a question about anything related to Killer Instinct Season 3. Let me be real with you guys for a second. I don’t think a lot of people actually read the OT. Call me crazy but a lot of times when you go into OTs it seems like a lot people ask questions that were covered somewhere in the OT whether it was in the FAQ or not. I don’t like that. Seeing that rustles my jimmies. It’s like you didn’t even bother to take the time to actually read through something that someone spent several days maybe even weeks or months putting together. With that in mind I’m reserving the right to post this lovely gif (provided by the one and only Zedox) in response to any question that I know was covered in the FAQ at the bare minimum. FAIR WARNING.

We're getting semantical here but yes you can get something 'instead of' something else that is not equivalent..happens all the time it's called a compromise. Obviously I have no info that can prove that's what MS is explicitly doing in this case..I'm simply expressing my personal dissatisfaction with getting one feature 'instead of' another based on the assumption that the season 1 cast are also getting retro color 7s..not much of a leap in logic there.

I hope that's clear enough.

I'm still confused.

Retro 7s have nothing to do with all new retro costumes? and to Poodlestrike's point, new retro 7 colours are WAY easier to make than all new costumes, so they arent the same.

Top Bottom