• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

vg260

Mira looking good, but really want her to do some crazy vampire stuff. Too bad they burned the wings on Omen.

Oh yeah, I guess Gargos has wings, so they need a different kind of vampire.

What's the method folks use for grinding out colors?

Fighting against ARIA seems to net you the most XP because of her three life bars. Do multiple different enders/openers, and mix up the strengths you use for linkers/autodoubles. Double XP weekend right now so it's a good time to get some of it done. There's no real efficient way to do it, but what I just mentioned has helped me.

Yep, still like her design and she looks better in motion. I wonder what that grab move is though, can't tell if it's an SRK or a command grab but it seems like a SRK that grabs imo.

.la1n

Seeing Tusk's trailer again reminds me how much I love his theme, reminds me of something Mick would have done. Also, that achievement art with pink hair Kim Wu makes her look really good.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
FUUUUUU that was a painful ban.

Missed out on so much stuff.

So gave in and pre-ordered Season 3 despite the higher than expected price. The 18,000 Gold made it worth it. Mira still looks awesome.

The Flash

Banned
mz0EELG.gif

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Maybe Mira's "grapple" in the trailer is similar to Rose's Soul Throw in SF. They sure showed us a lot of her model for one of their teases! Sly acknowledgement of the leaks?

Kinda meh on her being another pale skin with dark hair character (Hisako and Sadira cover that well), but it's still cool that our vampiric style addition is female.

Hope drinking blood for a certain reason is part of her unique mechanics. Demitri never really DID anything with that aspect of himself... and I don't believe Slayer did either.

.la1n

It looks like Mira is pretty close to completion, maybe an early April release would not be out of the question. I am really happy they decided to up the female representation in Killer Instinct and for the most part have kept over sexualization to a minimum.

I hope the unknown character slot goes to something really creative like Aganos was. I also feel like Gargos is more or less a blank slate to work with as well so I expect really cool things in that department aesthetically and game play.

edit: just realized one really nice positive to having Mira, if they do a really great gothic theme for her I can use it on Sabrewulf's stage so I never have to hear that one again.

The Flash

Banned
It looks like Mira is pretty close to completion, maybe an early April release would not be out of the question. I am really happy they decided to up the female representation in Killer Instinct and for the most part have kept over sexualization to a minimum.

I hope the unknown character slot goes to something really creative like Aganos was. I also feel like Gargos is more or less a blank slate to work with as well so I expect really cool things in that department aesthetically and game play.

edit: just realized one really nice positive to having Mira, if they do a really great gothic theme for her I can use it on Sabrewulf's stage so I never have to hear that one again.

Wat you talkin' bout Willis? Wulf's theme is great

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
What's funny is IMO Wulfs KI1 theme is the best track in the entire series...yet I feel his KI2 theme is WORST in the series, go figure.

His KI3 theme is decent but certainly not a standout among all the crazy epic arrangements for Cinder, Omen, Combo, Aganos, Hisako, Spinal etc..

.la1n

Just goes to show that there is a good variety of themes that fit everyone's personal preference. Nothing wrong with that.

Doukou

I'll side with you .laln, I get why people like it and why its good, but Sabrewulf's theme has always lacked the impact in my opinion, the violin just doesn't get my hyped.

I main Wulf, there's something I really like about playing Wulf on his stage with his music. It all just fits.

Does anyone play Glacius? I could use some practice with that matchup

Also is anyone down to get a Gaf lobby going this weekend?

Warxard

Banned
I main Wulf, there's something I really like about playing Wulf on his stage with his music. It all just fits.

I think for Glac v Wulf, the idea is to apply pressure at the jump. Giving too much space leaves you suspectible to Ice Pillars, and jumping can get you stuffed by either Hail or f.HP.

Use Wulf's Heavy Run and Dash in to keep the distance close and usually s.LP should be good to open combos with.

Doukou

You could try going against my shadow, not sure if that would really help.

Hey guys. Never played a Killer Instinct game before and I don't own a X1 but after seeing the gameplay videos and listening to the OST, I'm definitely getting this game for W10 when it comes out. Hell, I'll be upgrading to W10 primarily for this game.

Though I had a few questions.

(a)I live in Pakistan so the players I'll be playing against will be either from South Asia or from the middle east. Is there a decent community for this game in the ME or will I have trouble finding people online to play against?

(b) The only fighting game series I've played seriously is Street Fighter. Will it be particularly difficult to learn this game?

EDIT: (c) Is this game easy to play on a pad? I'll primarily be using the DS4.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hey guys. Never played a Killer Instinct game before and I don't own a X1 but after seeing the gameplay videos and listening to the OST, I'm definitely getting this game for W10 when it comes out. Hell, I'll be upgrading to W10 primarily for this game.

Though I had a few questions.

(a)I live in Pakistan so the players I'll be playing against will be either from South Asia or from the middle east. Is there a decent community for this game in the ME or will I have trouble finding people online to play against?

(b) The only fighting game series I've played seriously is Street Fighter. Will it be particularly difficult to learn this game?

EDIT: (c) Is this game easy to play on a pad? I'll primarily be using the DS4.

community is biggest in north/south america

europe and asia are semi small but growing.

Game is most similar to Street Fighter... easy to learn... difficult to master (mind games are pretty big in this game)

this game is easy to play on pad (a lot of tourney players use pad too), though i'd check to make sure DS4 pad can be used on Windows 10 games

community is biggest in north/south america

europe and asia are semi small but growing.

Game is most similar to Street Fighter... easy to learn... difficult to master (mind games are pretty big in this game)

this game is easy to play on pad, though i'd check to make sure DS4 pad can be used on Windows 10 games
Hmm. Hopefully the W10 release will increase the amount of players around here.

And yeah, DS4windows now works perfectly on W10 so a DS4 can be used easily.

Thanks for the response.

vg260

Hmm. Hopefully the W10 release will increase the amount of players around here.

And yeah, DS4windows now works perfectly on W10 so a DS4 can be used easily.

Thanks for the response.

The official W10 FAQ for the game says that Xbox 360 controllers (X-input) are compatible, but I don't know about DS4 or other D-input controllers or if they work with something like x360ce in those Windows 10 apps. I know people had some complaints about the W10 apps being walled off so far. Anyone know how it worked with Tomb Raider and Gears?

The official W10 FAQ for the game says that Xbox 360 controllers (X-input) are compatible, but I don't know about DS4 or other D-input controllers or if they work with something like x360ce in those Windows 10 apps. I know people had some complaints about the W10 apps being walled off so far. Anyone know how it worked with Tomb Raider and Gears?
Well from what I've read in some of the threads here, DS4windows now emulates x-input for W10 just as well as it does for W7,8. If a X360 controller works, I see no reason why this wouldn't work.

Though I suppose some confirmation from someone who used DS4windows on Windows 10 apps would be great.

EDIT: Someone on reddit claims that their DS4 works fine on the W10 store version of ROTR.

For KI merch, a physical OST of the new KI is all I really want....also a 2nd art book like the one released for S1 but for the newer seasons.

.la1n

Why is all the merchandise using promotional art assets from Season 1. Left over stuff they are trying to dump?

An art book that includes season 1 - 3 would be instant buy for me. Get on it Ishmae.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I like how the Thunder Phonecase actually has more Glacius to it than Thunder.

I never really like the idea of re-used assets across lots of items like this. I'd rather see more original renders, as that makes the item feel more uniquely valuable.

Top Bottom