• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Ishmae1

twitch.tv/impokerface

we back...hopefully.

also made something for pricing

zGQqp4s.png

feel free to share

Nice!

Also, trailer is this afternoon (PST)...

The Flash

Banned
Nice!

Also, trailer is this afternoon (PST)...

Hey Adam, I'm working on the Crossplay section of the OT right now. Is there anything note worthy details that I can add besides "It has crossplay" in it. Like is it something you can toggle or are there any indicators of whether or not you're playing against someone on a different system?

Been busy and didn't get to watch any of the PC version stream this weekend but wow, the load times are almost nonexistent from VS screen to actual match. Super impressed!

vg260

I still much prefer the original shadow style. It was awesome. I wish they kept it. I know it's supposedly for story reasons, but still. It was super cool looking with all the swirls and after images. Much like the hit sparks, the shadow effect felt like a defining visual effect of KI. The purple effects just don't have the same cool factor visually.

I also wish they didn't make a Halo stage and gave the new Vampire character her own stage since she's an original KI character and not a guest.

Both of these will irk me unless they eventually are addressed somehow.

The Flash

Banned
I still much prefer the original shadow style. It was awesome. I wish they kept it. I know it's supposedly for story reasons, but still. It was super cool looking with all the swirls and after images. Much like the hit sparks, the shadow effect felt like a defining visual effect of KI. The purple effects just don't have the same cool factor visually.

I also wish they didn't make a Halo stage and gave the new Vampire character her own stage since she's an original KI character and not a guest.

Polls. Isgreen needs polls.

dankir

I prefer the purple shadow trailers, it's easier to make out. When it was black and inky it was just that, I think this stands out more. I hope they don't change it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i still hope one ways they will in the future is having a few stages which are similar yet dynamic

imagine standing next to a wheat field

one persons stage, it's day time... blue skies and calm

another is night time with moon overhead

another the wheat is moving violently, sky is red with a portal up above... meteors tracing in the sky

another it's raining with thunder and lightning... much like the end part of thunder's stage but going all the time

some increased design cost, but a lot cheaper than making 4 stages

Hey Adam, I'm working on the Crossplay section of the OT right now. Is there anything note worthy details that I can add besides "It has crossplay" in it. Like is it something you can toggle or are there any indicators of whether or not you're playing against someone on a different system?

IIRC They said in the stream you'll be able toggle off to play only players of your system.

And there isn't any indicators to let you know what players you're up against.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
i still hope one ways they will in the future is having a few stages which are similar yet dynamic

imagine standing next to a wheat field

one persons stage, it's day time... blue skies and calm

another is night time with moon overhead

another the wheat is moving violently, sky is red with a portal up above... meteors tracing in the sky

another it's raining with thunder and lightning... much like the end part of thunder's stage but going all the time

some increased design cost, but a lot cheaper than making 4 stages

Yep, many (including myself) have suggested similar.

Given that it seems most of the backgrounds are full realised 3D spaces, even an angle change combined with a day/night/weather adjustment could legit make it feel like a new stage.

Dinjoralo

Wait, is Rash's combo ability really just being able to mash light punch/kick for combos? Doesn't that seem pointless since they'd be really easy to break, and redundant since there's that combo assist thing that works the same way for all strengths?

Doukou

Wait, is Rash's combo ability really just being able to mash light punch/kick for combos? Doesn't that seem pointless since they'd be really easy to break, and redundant since there's that combo assist thing that works the same way for all strengths?
Riptor has it too, hell Rash is better since his can recapture(So does Wulf but his speeds up and does more damage). It has its uses as it gives you a bit more control over the combo but it really is bad when compared to most.

Seriously? They said it's coming and they're on pacific time. Still workday over there.

Yea but launch trailers usually come out weeks before launch lol.

Halo 5 - 2 weeks before launch
Destiny - 3 weeks before launch
Forza 6 - 2 weeks before launch
Sunset Overdrive - 1 week before launch

Not surprising they're waiting so long, but it's still annoying. All will be forgiven if the patch comes out before 7AM EST tomorrow.

vg260

Yea but launch trailers usually come out weeks before launch lol.

Halo 5 - 2 weeks before launch
Destiny - 3 weeks before launch
Forza 6 - 2 weeks before launch
Sunset Overdrive - 1 week before launch

Not surprising they're waiting so long, but it's still annoying. All will be forgiven if the patch comes out before 7AM EST tomorrow.

The season 2 trailer came out the day before launch, from what they were saying on the stream this weekend.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The season 2 trailer came out the day before launch, from what they were saying on the stream this weekend.

This is correct. About 1.5 hours to go until trailer if info extrapolated from hint is correct

^^^ came out at 9 am pst, but was done via IGN

Based on that pricing, it seems like I shouldn't have bothered to pick up seasons 1 & 2 while they were on sale over the Summer anticipating the PC release as I think I spent about $40 or so on them. Now with the PC release, for $10 more, I could've had everything based on that chart, but if I want all Season 3 stuff, it will cost me an extra $40?

Their pricing definitely doesn't seem kind to people who already own a good chunk of their content. :\

dankir

Wait the s2 trailer with all the character silhouettes and features came out day of? I don't remember that at all.

KEITS WHERE THE HELL IS THE DAMN TRAILER!

When are we closing this thread then?

dankir

Website is going down at 3 PST for an hour for the upgrades. Comes back up at 4 PST which is, coincidentally, when the trailer drops.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Should just release S3 at the same time then. Ah well, at least we're almost there. Really interested in seeing the character sihilouettes (if we got those) asides from Mira and RAAM, who are the last two.

Nori Chan

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Should just release S3 at the same time then. Ah well, at least we're almost there. Really interested in seeing the character sihilouettes (if we got those) asides from Mira and RAAM, who are the last two.

Raam shadow will probably be a troll like they did with Shadow Jago last year

Top Bottom