• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

bumpkin

In today's episode of S3 features no one asked for:

The announcer now yells 'Stage Ultra' after performing one....it's just as bad as it sounds and I pray to God you can turn it off or that Chris' version is less cringe worthy.

Go to the end of the video
http://youtu.be/uykEHrTz1PE
Yeah, not feeling this whatsoever. I doubt it's going to be something switchable via an option though.

...but then again, I rarely ever do stage ultras so I'll never hear it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
They should just remove the stage ultra part and use the cratered/knock off/ whatever instead with the same timing as rhe stage ultra announcement

Then proceed to delete every recording of that stage ultra clip and pretend it never existed

They should just remove the stage ultra part and use the cratered/knock off/ whatever instead with the same timing as rhe stage ultra announcement

Then proceed to delete every recording of that stage ultra clip and pretend it never existed

I would be okay with this.

"STAGE ULTRAAA! ..Cratered/Wrecked/etc." Just sounds so awkward.

dankir

Finally battled my nerves and played through ranked and got my Killer status. Just in time for the reset tomorrow.

12888497_10156763081525451_2156990659911257724_o.jpg

You're still going to get a million questions about Cross buy, I'm telling you. In fact you should only talk about that in the FAQ.

Oh yeah, absolutely. Thread will be littered with questions answered in the OT lol.

I especially can't wait for all the people demanding it come to Steam.

Zackat

a good youtube channel for basic character rundowns, etc? Obviously things will be changed in s3 but just the basic stuff.

The Flash

Banned
Side note. I listened to the LCD/Isgreen interview from back in January and I'm starting to think that we might get another season after this one. I think if this was the last one they would've already outright stated that or dropped some serious hints. Just the way that Isgreen was talking made it seem like there was more stuff in the works besides post launch content.

dankir

Side note. I listened to the LCD/Isgreen interview from back in January and I'm starting to think that we might get another season after this one. I think if this was the last one they would've already outright stated that or dropped some serious hints. Just the way that Isgreen was talking made it seem like there was more stuff in the works besides post launch content.

Yeah if the game does well this season and on the PC side, this game will grow for sure. Only fighting game I need this generation :)

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

Forget season 4. Give all season 3 characters their own stage instead.

Gowans

Looking forward to diving back in between Xbox and PC for S3.

Is there going to be a S3 OT on the gaming board for the new starters?

Gowans

Fab, I' not even new but I have a tonne to ask in there.
When's it going up?

Do I need to do anything to sync/link PC?
What do I spend my gold on?
etc.

.la1n

I'm guessing it won't be up at midnight?

MS pushes auto update through servers at different times. Usually a full uninstall and reinstall will work once it's up though if you don't want to wait. It can still vary to before midnight PST until well after.

vg260

If I recall the forced updates were usually out around 9am PT. Dunno if this will be the same tomorrow. I'm going the delete/reinstall route this time. You won't lose your save, right?

Also, I jumped back into ranked online after not having played online in some time. I'm at the bottom of gold, and will probably be there forever. However in the vertical progress bar, there are some notches. If you hit those, does that mean you won't fall below them, or do they not really have any significance?

Thank god they're letting you drop down once per month. I'll surely be using that feature.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Forget season 4. Give all season 3 characters their own stage instead.
And fixed retros for S1 characters dammit.

Holy Carp we are less than 1 day away KIGaf...I await Flash with our glorious OT that hopefully isn't thrown in community after a month.

mdsfx

..I await Flash with our glorious OT that hopefully isn't thrown in community after a month.
In season 3 fashion, it should be thrown up last-minute, be incomplete, and only consist of basic info that we've already known for weeks.

It's OK, IG, we love you

The Flash

Banned
998.gif

Should be up this evening
Hopefully...

If you guys want to help speed things up (heh) then please look through this FAQ and see if there's anything missing from it.

Q: Is this game cross-buy?
A: Yes. Any piece of content purchased for the Xbox version will be available on the PC version (clarification for KI Classic)

“In order to access your existing Killer Instinct content on Windows 10, Xbox One owners must receive the Season 3 game update, available starting March 29, 2016. Simply login to your Xbox One console and launch Killer Instinct. Ensure you’re connected to Xbox Live and follow the prompts to receive the update. Once the update is complete, launch Killer Instinct fully. Once the update is complete and you have launched Killer Instinct again, you will be able to login into Windows 10 to access your owned and earned content.”

Q: Is this game cross-play?
A: YES. Users on Xbox can play against users on PC and vice versa

Q: Does this game require Xbox LIVE Gold to play online on PC?
A: No. This game does not require Xbox LIVE Gold in any fashion for people playing on PC. The Xbox version still requires Xbox LIVE Gold to play online

Q: Is a Microsoft Account required on PC?
A: Yes. Hotmail and Outlook accounts are considered Microsoft Accounts so if you have one of those then you are good to go.

Q: Is Season 3 the only season available on PC?
A: No. All seasons are available on PC in the form of the Supreme Edition.

Q: What are the minimum and or recommended specs for the PC version?
A: See above under “PC Specs”

Q: Is this game available on Steam, GOG, Uplay, Origin, Humble Bundle, GMG, or any other PC storefront?
A: No. Killer Instinct is a Windows Store exclusive

Q: What are the purchasing options for Killer Instinct?
A: KI offers four different ways to buy the game. A free weekly rotating character, individual character purchases, the standard bundle, and the Ultra bundle. See above under “Bundles” for more information.

Q: What modes can I access with the free rotating character or an individually purchased character?
A: All modes of the game are available to the free rotating character or individually purchased ones. That includes but is not limited to; arcade mode, online mode, training mode, and so on.

Q: Is there a bundle that includes all three seasons on Xbox/PC?
A: Yes. It is called the Supreme Edition. It is available on Xbox for $60 and PC for $50.

Q: Why is the Supreme Edition $50 on PC but $60 on Xbox?
A: The Xbox version of the Supreme Edition includes KI Classic and KI Classic 2

Q: Is Killer Instinct Classic and Killer Instinct 2 Classic on PC?
A: No. Killer Instinct Classic and Killer Instinct 2 Classic are only available on Xbox

Q: Is Shadow Jago included in the Supreme Edition or any other edition of the game?
A: No. SHADOW JAGO IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE SUPREME EDITION OR ANY OTHER EDITION OF THE GAME.

Q: How do I get Shadow Jago?
A: Little birdies have said that Shadow Jago will be available again soon…

Q: Will buying the Ultra Edition of Season 3 get me all of the Season 3 characters as well as the Season 1 and Season 2 characters?
A: No. Buying the Ultra Edition of Season 3 will only get you the characters for Season 3. Purchasing the Supreme Edition will get you all the characters.

Q: If I bought one of the other Ultra Editions (S1 or S2) will I get a discount for Season 3 Ultra Edition?
A: No. You do not get a discount for Season 3 Ultra Edition if you bought any of the other Ultra Editions in the past.

Q: Retail?
A: Nope. There’s still the Killer Instinct Combo Breaker Pack if you just want the S1 cast and TJ Combo.

Should be up this evening
Hopefully...

If you guys want to help speed things up (heh) then please look through this FAQ and see if there's anything missing from it.

"Q: What are the purchasing options for Killer Instinct?
A: KI offers four different ways to buy the game. A free weekly rotating character, individual character purchases, the standard bundle, and the Ultra bundle. See above under “Bundles” for more information. "

Move this to the top of the Q&A, everything else is good. Did you make a pricing chart for the OT? Like this one from season 1:

Killer_Instinct_Chart.png

mdsfx

Whoa wait... That bit about accessing my previously owned content. If I bought seasons 1 & 2 on Xbox, but season 3 on pc and no longer have Xbox, do I not have access to seasons 1 & 2 on PC?

Edit: or am I only losing unlockables?

I know it's crossbuy from Xbox -> PC but does it also go the other way around? If I buy the Supreme edition on PC and sign onto a buddy's Xbox will we have all characters unlocked?

Whoa wait... That bit about accessing my previously owned content. If I bought seasons 1 & 2 on Xbox, but season 3 on pc and no longer have Xbox, do I not have access to seasons 1 & 2 on PC?

Edit: or am I only losing unlockables?

So let's say you unlocked all of Jago's colors and accessories on Xbox. If you don't update the game file on Xbox before you login to PC you will have to reunlock them. If you purchased the ultra editions you still have access to everything, you will just have to reunlock things.

I know it's crossbuy from Xbox -> PC but does it also go the other way around? If I buy the Supreme edition on PC and sign onto a buddy's Xbox will we have all characters unlocked?

Yes

mdsfx

So let's say you unlocked all of Jago's colors and accessories on Xbox. If you don't update the game file on Xbox before you login to PC you will have to reunlock them. If you purchased the ultra editions you still have access to everything, you will just have to reunlock things.
Whew! OK, should we clarify that 'content' in that question is just referring to unlocks?

Whew! OK, should we clarify that 'content' in that question is just referring to unlocks?

Apparently it's the official wording from Microsoft...and it's not very clear lol. I'm 99% sure if you purchased S1/S2 on XBO it's tied to your live account and do not need to login to an Xbox to make that purchase work. Here's a clearer version from me (if you want to update it flash)

No, you do not need to re-purchase anything you’ve already purchased in Killer Instinct. In fact, everything you own and have earned in Killer Instinct is available to you on Windows 10.

If you've earned XP and unlocked new costumes and accessories in Killer Instinct on Xbox One you will need to update the game on Xbox One before playing on Windows 10 to have these unlocks transfer over. Failing to login before accessing the Windows 10 version will result in the loss of all of your unlocks and progress.

I think that sounds a little more clear

Nice. Only seen it mentioned the one way although crossbuy would kind of imply both

Yea communication from the KI team could be better for KI marketing stuff :p

I'm using the one that was posted on Ultra Combo

From the season 3 pricing details?

Top Bottom