• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
That Trailer was rather nicely done. Would YOU buy your new Bioweapon based on this ad? Y/N?

Rather enjoyed how they put the accessories / color options in there too. The fusion of the "game: and "story" elements into one presentation, well done.

As far as the movesets and such, and that hint to chompin back health, very nice so far. Animations and such are looking good at first blush, which is nice to see. Good scampering and energy, and I think, in motion, they kept a good amount of the human DNA of Riptor.

I think it's kinda impressive we've got a female dino, and don't see any attempt to make the feminine side stand out. Not that I expect / want it, but you know the modelers could have easily made some... questionable choices for those human inspirations1

Kan-Ra still feels pretty fresh and new to the game, and now we're hours away from yet another new character, stage, and bunch of items and stuff to earn and learn. Feels Good!.

Doukou

That Trailer was rather nicely done. Would YOU buy your new Bioweapon based on this ad? Y/N?

Rather enjoyed how they put the accessories / color options in there too. The fusion of the "game: and "story" elements into one presentation, well done.

As far as the movesets and such, and that hint to chompin back health, very nice so far. Animations and such are looking good at first blush, which is nice to see. Good scampering and energy, and I think, in motion, they kept a good amount of the human DNA of Riptor.

I think it's kinda impressive we've got a female dino, and don't see any attempt to make the feminine side stand out. Not that I expect / want it, but you know the modelers could have easily made some... questionable choices for those human inspirations1

Kan-Ra still feels pretty fresh and new to the game, and now we're hours away from yet another new character, stage, and bunch of items and stuff to earn and learn. Feels Good!.

Afraid of stuff like this?
venus-de-milo-the-forgotten-female-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-preview.jpg

dankir

Wish the trailer had two things that were missing. Better higlight Riptor's theme, maybe we got pieces of it? And at least a better look at her stage.

Strange they didn't show much of her ultra and what happens to Hatchery 9. I assuming that final shot of her throwing Jago to the ground is the last hit to the Ultra.

I hope Harold's trailer is bit more traditional and less of an Ultratech commericial

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
That "Herald of Gargos" sounds suspiciously like Eyedol. Like, uncannily so. I don't think I've heard a single voice from this game sounding as much like one of the old games. Not the speaking voice obviously, but the screams.

Skab

That "Herald of Gargos" sounds suspiciously like Eyedol. Like, uncannily so. I don't think I've heard a single voice from this game sounding as much like one of the old games. Not the speaking voice obviously, but the screams.

The screams were Shadow Jago's though.

dankir

Well then he must of went a huge redesign, especially going from 2 head to 1 ( yes I know this image is debunked ) but I'm sure the character model and name are completely new.

hpRxKpn.jpg

.la1n

Riptor translated really well from concept art to in game. Animation is great, character model itself looks a thousand times better than the original Riptor ever did. Only thing I didn't like is they went back to showing character-less teases at the end (something they said they weren't going to do again.)

hwalker84

Riptor translated really well from concept art to in game. Animation is great, character model itself looks a thousand times better than the original Riptor ever did. Only thing I didn't like is they went back to showing character-less teases at the end (something they said they weren't going to do again.)

Yeah they need to cease with that bs. Show the next damn character.

sangreal

well they did give her a bra

dcx4610

As a massive KI fan in the 90s, is anyone else really underwhelmed with the game and its character design?

There's just something off about everything. The gameplay is fine but the characters just don't have the same soul from the original. They are so different from the originals that they might has well have just made a brand new game.

The music is fantastic, I'll give it that. The original costumes help a bit but I'm just not feeling it with Riptor and the others. Just too far removed from KI1.

.la1n

Yeah they need to cease with that bs. Show the next damn character.

I'll be honest, even though I know they said they weren't going to do teases like that anymore I'm pretty okay with it. It's been fun to follow the game this season and always have something on the horizon we don't know about. This time we have no idea what the next character is going to look like so it makes the teases leading up to it that much more interesting.

Also, with the trailer officially out and having the December 17th date attached can we rest assured that everything went smoothly and she will be out Wednesday?

dankir

As a massive KI fan in the 90s, is anyone else really underwhelmed with the game and its character design?

There's just something off about everything. The gameplay is fine but the characters just don't have the same soul from the original. They are so different from the originals that they might has well have just made a brand new game.

The music is fantastic, I'll give it that. The original costumes help a bit but I'm just not feeling it with Riptor and the others. Just too far removed from KI1.

Wrong thread dude, we woudn't be happy about this game if we were in here would we?

We had this very same discussion with another dude who said KI for SNES was the best game he had ever played and never touched the 2nd or 3rd.

KI is from 1994 and it reflects that era. KI for Xbox one is from 2013 and on and reflects the needs and expecations from gamers ( for the most part ) if you want to play the first then get the SNES version or buy the Ultra pack from S1. You got an Arcade perfect port ready to play.

Doukou

I'll be honest, even though I know they said they weren't going to do teases like that anymore I'm pretty okay with it. It's been fun to follow the game this season and always have something on the horizon we don't know about. This time we have no idea what the next character is going to look like so it makes the teases leading up to it that much more interesting.

Also, with the trailer officially out and having the December 17th date attached can we rest assured that everything went smoothly and she will be out Wednesday?

My big problem is the character.
I still don't know if the character is going to be completely new or looking alot like Jago.
I was really hoping to get that mystery solved today so i can be excited for him.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Afraid of stuff like this?
venus-de-milo-the-forgotten-female-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-preview.jpg

Less afraid of it, and more just... never looking forward to the reaction people give with such things. It can often overshadow the content on hand, and just go to complaints that have nothing to do with the product.

Specifically for Turtles, I always hated how she looked SO close to Leo, lol.

Wish the trailer had two things that were missing. Better higlight Riptor's theme, maybe we got pieces of it? And at least a better look at her stage.

Strange they didn't show much of her ultra and what happens to Hatchery 9. I assuming that final shot of her throwing Jago to the ground is the last hit to the Ultra.

I hope Harold's trailer is bit more traditional and less of an Ultratech commericial

It would have been nice to hear the theme, but with it 2 days out, no biggie. It probably wouldn't fit the presentation.

The Ultra and stage stuff though? Yeah, I was surprised not to see. I am kinda glad they let the trailer evolved into what it needed to be, rather than adhering to traits that wouldn't fit it, though.

As you mention next, I'm not bothered by it here.
(Besides, we all know it's just Shago anywho, so we DID see the model! ;-) )
Considering how fast we got these 2, I could easily understand if NotShago's model is still lacking, especially with the holidays coming up.

well they did give her a bra

Bra's aren't gender exclusive in fighters anywho! Ask TJ Combo or Benimaru! LoL.

That wasn't "soul" you felt with the old KI's, it was... something much nastier. XD

Seriously though, nope. I've said it before, but I think the product we got is better than KI deserved on it's own, and I used to hunt for a way to get KI1, and rush to the arcade to play 2.

If I had any doubts, getting KI1 and 2 with the Ultra editions has easily let me resolve my feelings first hand. This KI is a much better fighter, and has much better grasp on solid gameplay and design than the old games ever did.

Not to say it's perfect, or that it couldn't learn a few things from the old KI in some ways (such as Stage Knockoffs, Ultimates, and a few more Cinematic Victory animations). But it's getting there with each new revision and update, and I think it strikes a good balance between campy nostalgia-fueled romp, and solid, actually playable and enjoyable modern fighter.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
The screams were Shadow Jago's though.

Well then he must of went a huge redesign, especially going from 2 head to 1 ( yes I know this image is debunked ) but I'm sure the character model and name are completely new.

hpRxKpn.jpg

Oh :(. I admit I haven't followed this game closely (or even played it). I'm just a fan of the first game and I like these reveal trailers. So far Fulgore is the most convincing redesign, and Riptor looks pretty good too.

Can't wait for Cinder though. FIREBLAAAST!

Doukou

Will find Hearld's name out in early January made out to be very soon so like first week. People have been right about guesses

NOT A JAGO CLONE YES

Has Shajo's slide.

Nothing like Jago.

Uraizen

Banned
Wasn't Shadow Jago missing from the character select during the last character's demonstration? I'll have to look at the archives after this.

Top Bottom