• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer is Dead (PC) |OT| F*** Off Into Space!

cj_iwakura

Am i the only one who... can't see anything in the OP ?

It's like, all images, but with hosting issues.

Minus does that sometimes.

Try it as a separate link.
http://i.minus.com/iEwyXzHgcpIQF.png

Failing that, I have a condensed OP for you.
itLfxmrWiNART.gif

jQGuxeG.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Never actually played a Suda51 game, what i will be getting myself into?

Simplistic combat system, very stylish visuals and bizarre story. You might have to play (or Watch Cutscenes) twice to understand everything completely. Some say the game is nonsense but after watching the cutscenes for a second time everything makes sense for most of the part.

iratA

Does anyone know what extras the 'Fan Edition' came with on consoles? At least that's what I remember it being called, could be wrong on that.

Does anyone know what extras the 'Fan Edition' came with on consoles? At least that's what I remember it being called, could be wrong on that.

Came with a DVD case sized hardcover artbook and some DLC.

Edit:

Whoops, you're talking about the euro special. That, I have no idea.

You know I would not mind if they ported a spiffed up version of Killer 7 to everywhere. No jaggies and such and trophies blah blah. I am a fan of that game and I too was wondering about this one. I think that means I should pick it up a little cheap or something.

RyudBoy

Bought this digitally on 360 when it was on sale a few months ago. I haven't finished it yet, though. It's one of those games where I have to force myself to complete it. No clue if the PC version will add anything that spices up the gameplay, but I doubt it. I like action games, but this just wasn't for me.

Is it possible to confirm how long this game is?

I'd say about 7 hours or so. It's decently replayable, however.

Never actually played a Suda51 game, what i will be getting myself into?

A simple but fun action game with top notch visuals and a bizarre, awkwardly directed story. I wouldn't say this game is a great intro to Suda, because it (alongside his other recent games) supposedly wasn't actually directed by him. He's a "creative executive" or something like that. If you want the real Suda experience, pick up Killer7, Flower Sun and Rain, or the first No More Heroes.

Also, this is my favorite track in the game: http://youtu.be/YztdNhLPYig gave an otherwise tame level design a really surreal mood.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Bought this digitally on 360 when it was on sale a few months ago. I haven't finished it yet, though. It's one of those games where I have to force myself to complete it. No clue if the PC version will add anything that spices up the gameplay, but I doubt it. I like action games, but this just wasn't for me.

If you can't get into it, probably not, though I would say on a personal level that for fast-paced games like this and in this case, 60fps and v-sync could do wonders for this particular title.

Rell

I really liked Killer is Dead. Not a AAA release, but none of the Grasshopper stuff is.

Definitely the most polished of the Grasshopper games, though.

RyudBoy

If you can't get into it, probably not, though I would say on a personal level that for fast-paced games like this and in this case, 60fps and v-sync could do wonders for this particular title.

I don't think 60fps would be enough to get me into it. The gameplay just feels so bland. It's really a shame though, since the art style is what got me interested in the first place, but alone just isn't enough to hold my attention.

Tizoc

I hope this sells well enough that Grasshopper's upcoming game (which is getting a PS4 release) also makes it on Steam.

Oh awesome I was wondering where this release went, I never got a chance to play it on consoles so if this port ends up being stable I'll pick it up for sure.

sueil

I bought this game and have no idea what it is about. I look forward to playing it. 20 bucks is cheap enough to impulse I guess.

I really hope this supports post 1080p, killer is dead is one of my favourite games of last year can't wait to play it again on my PC.

Though no idea if I can afford it I may have to wait for the steam sales.

Andrew.

Banned
One of my top from 2013. Loved every minute.

So jealous of you newb jewbies who get to experience it for the first time.

cj_iwakura

Someone should make a Suda 51 Appreciation thread.

suda_51_games_by_faretis-d6zy2jf.jpg

Will definitely play No more heroes until Killer is out.

tumblr_mo5mauOR8S1rsc9k9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mp6kmzM9ta1stle4bo1_250.gif

I'd endorse this, but it'd probably suited for a community thread.

And don't forget The Silver Case and Flower, Sun, and Rain.

Badass banner, I think it's only missing Michigan.

Authority

Banned
I'd endorse this, but it'd probably suited for a community thread.

And don't forget The Silver Case and Flower, Sun, and Rain.

Badass banner, I think it's only missing Michigan.

If someone does make it they should include also this,

vlcsnap-2013-08-26-20h25m49s32.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-08-26-20h27m23s201.jpg

06d.jpg

KILLING.png

and maybe a title like - We the best Grasshoppers in the beep biz.

Top Bottom