• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer is Dead (PC) |OT| F*** Off Into Space!

Authority

Banned
Just made a fan-picture.

Killer_Proto.png

I know, I know, I suck at it but for some reason I am laughing at my suckiness.

Dr Dogg

Pre load up yet?

I doubt this will get a preload being the nature of the game (though I'd love to be wrong). Either keep an eye out of the steamdb page to see when its been released or if your really impatient spam steam://install/261110 in your web browser and when it's released it will install and not throw up the error "app not released".

Killing Floor Infographic Details
http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/killingfloorinfographic_610.jpg?57efa4[IMG]

Quite interesting.[/QUOTE]

A bit late and offtopic, but what does this have to do with the game in the OT?

Back on topic, Friday can't come soon enough. 2nd game I'll be grabbing this week after Transistor tomorrow on Steam.

EDIT:- I see that's been dealt with. Nvm.

Authority

Banned
A bit late and offtopic, but what does this have to do with the game in the OT?

Back on topic, Friday can't come soon enough. 2nd game I'll be grabbing this week after Transistor tomorrow on Steam.

EDIT:- I see that's been dealt with. Nvm.

Wanted to post this on another thread. Re-edited.

Coconut

Banned
We're speculating that it isn't and it might be an overblown from the dev/publisher.

Nope doesn't look like it. Maybe on the 22nd, or non at all...

I had the same expectation for MGRising and it turned out to be fine. If anything I'm guessing that those specs represent options of maxing out filter options in the game. Same way that the CPU requirement in MGR was related to the higher setting for the zandatsu slice count.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I had the same expectation for MGRising and it turned out to be fine. If anything I'm guessing that those specs represent options of maxing out filter options in the game. Same way that the CPU requirement in MGR was related to the higher setting for the zandatsu slice count.

Well I suppose my PC upgrade will allow me to pump up the settings and put more SGSSAA to make it niceand pretty at 60 FPS. This game should be easier to max out properly without tinker though!

I hope this sells well enough that Grasshopper's upcoming game (which is getting a PS4 release) also makes it on Steam.

I'd settle for ports of No More Heroes, Desperate Struggle, Killer 7, Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw. Mostly the No More Heroes games.

Coconut

Banned
Yeah I'm interested in how it turns out since the PC version is being published by deep silver but the port is being worked on by Kadokawa games and not by grasshopper internally.

I'd settle for ports of No More Heroes, Desperate Struggle, Killer 7, Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw. Mostly the No More Heroes games.

All different publishers likelihood of them signing off on the games is pretty low even if KiD does well.

Yeah I'm interested in how it turns out since the PC version is being published by deep silver but the port is being worked on by Kadokawa games and not by grasshopper internally.

All different publishers likelihood of them signing off on the games is pretty low even if KiD does well.

Would also depend on the engine used. I suspect part of the reason why this game was even considered for a port job was because it used UE3 which has a PC analogue.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Lollipop Chainsaw and Shadows of The Damned are Unreal Engine games. Killer 7 I think Renderware and no clue on NMH engine.

Lollipop Chainsaw had decent sales so a port wouldn't hurt Warner Bros. Shadows of The Damned I think EA owns that game and since that game had terrible sales I don't expect them to do anything with it and if anything it would be Origin exclusive. (Sad as its probably one of the most polished ones) Killer 7 depends on who owns the rights and No More Heroes I think they can get Deep Silver to publish it or maybe even self publish them.

Dunno, but I personally think NMH is best on the Wii, especially with Sylvia's phone calls coming through the remote speaker.

How well did the Wiimote controls translate onto the DS3 anyway for the NMH PS3 ports? That would factor into the viability of a PC port. I recall the Wii versions had maneuvers only possible on a Wiimote.

Dr Dogg

Well they've pretty much only done the Half Minute Hero games and Skullgirls but the first one did well enough for them to translate and port the second one just for PC. I imagine they're becoming more open to PC games from this.

Well what with GHM being owned by Gung Ho now it might be a bit more problematic. Saying that though AQ Interactive and feelplus handled the NMH: Paradise and Red Zone editions so seeing as they're both subsidiaries of Marvelous there might be a chance. Prefer the Wii version myself but the NMH 2 added bosses and few dlc bits and bobs were a nice addition.

None of them are likely to ever be ported, even the ones that use UE3 because of who published them. Warner Bros maybe but not EA, no chance. SotD did too horribly for them to even consider a PC port at this point. Capcom's unlikely to dredge up a nearly decade old bomb and who knows if they still have the source code. Marvelous did the 360/PS3 port of No More Heroes without Grasshopper and they did license the game to Konami. So they might be willing to license to others but who would want to acquire the license and do a PC port of the No More Heroes?

I'm allowed to dream and would re-buy the NMH games in a heartbeat if given the chance.

No More Heroes 1 and 2 and Killer 7 on Dolphin Emulator is our best bet atm.

NMH has issues with Dolphin preventing proper boot last time I checked, which was admittedly ages ago. I think NMH 2 runs just fine but is quite demanding.

Killer 7 has an issue in Dolphin with the 1st boss (bullet detection not working properly and extreme slowdown I think.). The PS2 version (albeit inferior) has no such issues using PCSX2.

Of course, it's been ages since I last checked, so these could've been fixed in the newer versions of Dolphin.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If you guys think you have your expectations bad for Grasshopper and Suda games, I really want an English version to come someday (official translation, fan translation, whatever!) of the Twilight Syndrome games.

cj_iwakura

If you guys think you have your expectations bad for Grasshopper and Suda games, I really want an English version to come someday (official translation, fan translation, whatever!) of the Twilight Syndrome games.

Did you see Vermillion's blog on TS? She was translating the first chapters.

http://killer7.fr.yuku.com/topic/2169/MOONLIGHT-SYNDROME-TRANSLATION-PROJECT

screenshot20130130at124.png

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DoSKZAndHj8

screenshot20130128at111.png

It looks really twisted.

The Syndrome games are in rights hell, too, unlike The Silver Case and beyond.

It is doable, though. EsperKnight's dabbled in it.

Zafir

Oh shi!

Wait do pre-loads get installed on the C drive? Cuz I have all my Steam games installed in my F-drive.
Yep. Some times you can get a prompt to choose drive if you redeem the serial key while preloading is available. Other wise it doesn't seem to let you choose.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ooooh nice hopefully some uncompressed or slightly less compressed assets and audio then as well as the extra doodads. Saying that being UE3 there's a ton of Inspector Radeon and .ini tweaks out there that should make this pop even more so.
Hopefully its better optimized than Enslaved. Some areas the texture quality was even worse than 360. Obviously we could save a few things with tweaks but we'll see.

Tizoc

Seems so. I have most of the games on my hybrid which is D: and I can spare the space on my SSD but don't really wanna.

Lucky for me it seems to be downloading Wolfenstein 2014 to my F-drive, hope it'll allow me to DL to another HDD on my lappy for this game too...

Dr Dogg

Hopefully its better optimized than Enslaved. Some areas the texture quality was even worse than 360. Obviously we could save a few things with tweaks but we'll see.

I think half the problems with Enslaved were it was a pretty Cut, Shut and Compile kind of port. A lot of people seem to be scared of editing text files. With just a few tweaks I got the game running at 2560x1440 and at 300fps in some places. 300fps! and at twice the resolution of what the PS3 and 360 put out, that's an insane order of magnitude. Granted the patch Namco put out after people wanted a front end to change the graphic settings broke a lot of things. The high preset values they detrimental really did a number of dynamic shadows.

I wouldn't say the texture quality was worse but not being smeared with post process AA and played at a higher resolution didn't do them any favours at all. It's kind of like when SD TV broadcasts got replaced by HD ones. Not only was everything sharper but all the little imperfections came to light. Some presenters looked bloody hideous!

KiD has a very clean art style so I can't see there being too many problems but no one should expect anything other than a straight console port either.

Zafir

KiD has a clean art style but it desperately needed an higher res or AA on consoles. The ailiasing ruined it. Hopefully at the very least we can get that running ourselves, even if the game doesn't support it natively.

Clawww

KiD has a clean art style but it desperately needed an higher res or AA on consoles. The ailiasing ruined it. Hopefully at the very least we can get that running ourselves, even if the game doesn't support it natively.

i can't wait to see how it looks, the IQ was pretty yucky on console

Top Bottom