• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer is Dead (PC) |OT| F*** Off Into Space!

drotahorror

No dice for me. Restarted twice. Deleted existing content several times and tried re-pre-loading. I'm sure it'll get fixed by launch hopefully. It appears I'm not the only one with the issue. I think I'm one of 4 people.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Killer is Dead is up now on Humble Bundle for $17.99 which is the same as Steam Price. LOL

Gun Animal

This game would have been my GOTY if not for Bubsy Visits to the James Turrell Retrospective. Rising is a close third---the combat in Rising has a slight bit more depth but the art direction and psychadelic scenarios of KID really did something for me and it's one of maybe half a dozen games from this generation that I think will be worth replaying a decade from now.

To y'all PC master racers who missed out on Killer is Dead, or to the people who avoided the PS360 version because of v-sync issues (understandable) please play this game. If you have to wait for a steam sale I understand, but everyone should play this eventually. Don't let the Gigolo Missions deter you, they can basically be ignored.

jediyoshi

OP ded, didn't realize minus had bandwidth caps

Hope the preload isn't bugged tomorrow. It's been redownloading the last gig for me after it finishes so I've just paused it

jediyoshi

Ah, just checked with other browsers and it is working. Getting this in firefox for some reason though

Kc2D7A5.png

I was on the fence because I got burned by Deadly Premonition's port, but I couldn't say no to buying it for 14 bucks. I love me some Suda and really hope that this will sell well enough to bring his other stuff over, plus I imagine that I'll dig KiD quite a bit.

As always, the music and style has me hyped.

No info atm but being UE I expect it to do that easily.

Assuming they didn't hardlock it to 60 and/or encrypted the config files (like what People Can Fly did for Bulletstorm), most definitely.

I'm hoping for at least some basic ingame Resolution Options and a Vsync toggle at the very least. The rest can be altered in the ini files if needed.

Vazra

Ah, just checked with other browsers and it is working. Getting this in firefox for some reason though

That's really odd tbh. I just checked on firefox (rarely use it) and it is fine there too.

Assuming they didn't hardlock it to 60 and/or encrypted the config files (like what People Can Fly did for Bulletstorm), most definitely.

I'm hoping for at least some basic ingame Resolution Options and a Vsync toggle at the very least. The rest can be altered in the ini files if needed.

Should be simple enough to edit. There are those rare cases like you mentioned but I dont expect Deep Silver to change that tbh.

Absolutely fine on my end with firefox.

On the game, I preloaded it so I'm ready for tomorrow. I searched but couldn't see if the Steam achievements will reflect those from the console version or if they've added some.
I platinumed it on PS3 so I expect to do the same on Steam. Nightmare mode could be fun but I hope it's not tied to an achievement :D

Vazra

Absolutely fine on my end with firefox.

On the game, I preloaded it so I'm ready for tomorrow. I searched but couldn't see if the Steam achievements will reflect those from the console version or if they've added some.
I platinumed it on PS3 so I expect to do the same on Steam. Nightmare mode could be fun but I hope it's not tied to an achievement :D

In this mode, enemies can only be defeated using the following attacks: Adrenaline Burst, Dodge Burst, Headshots, so the gameplay requires far more skill and tactics. Players will not be able to use the Final Judgement finisher (QTE mode) to defeat enemies.

Im interested but I agree hopefully no achievement attached to it.

Tizoc

11.6GB? I thought it was supposed be around half that size?

cool beans

I'm hoping the Uncompressed data, if any helps to improve the performances and visual presentation of the game.

This is a stupid question but the size of a game does not define or hint how long it takes to complete everything? Are they totally irrelevant?

I think you misunderstood him.

Vazra

I'm hoping the Uncompressed data, if any helps to improve the performances and visual presentation of the game..

Must be uncompressed data as the PS3 download was 5.2GB. I smell uncompressed audio and textures. Japanese and English voice tracks uncompressed can take a lot of space alone.

No I am asking a question. Not replying with a question. I really don't know.

The game last about 7-10 hours.

Preloaded and ready. Too bad I won't be able to play it until Saturday at the earliest. Hoping to see some high resolution screenshots in the meantime. :)

Would be hype.

I can't wait. The framerate and screen tearing was unbearable in both this and Chainsaw, so if it got a PC release, I would be totally behind it.
Chainsaw getting a PC release would get me to play it. I heard performance issues were pretty prevalent in it. And I only had a 360 when it came out.

That said, I'm all hyped and ready to go for KiD. It releases tomorrow at 11, right?

Edit: Sweaty Dark Souls avatar fight. Go. Banana Aeon confirmed to be my nemesis.

Top Bottom