• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 --- CLAN - ONLINE PLAY Thread

DunpealD said:
I'd be nice if both of you could add your timezones. Currently we have:

[GAF] US East
[GAFm] US Central/Midwest
[GAFw] U.S. Pacific/West
[GAFc] Canada GAF
[GAFe] Euro GAF

Done.

[GAFe] Euro GAF , GMT+1

Az

DunpealD said:
People seem to be stoked for this so let's give that session a name :lol

KOLORZONE 2 - Official NeoGAF International Launch Warzone

Currently going to participating members: 14/32
Full Recovery
FFObsessed
BruceWayneIII
RavenFox
dhelfric
Guled
-viper-
alba
AndyD
Aladuf23
-Cv-
BlacKMaRK
LiquidMetal14
DunpealD

I'll be updating the list from time to time. We also have to decide on a date, since some members will have the game earlier due to earlier release dates or broken street dates.

EDIT: We also have to figure out how to handle the big clans and who's going to be the leader.

Sign me up

Definitely ready to get going with it now, I picked up the wireless bluetooth headset (well, the Socom pack since it was only $10 more). Paid off my KZ2 pre order today as well so I'm all set to go.

Facism

If you set the game up sometime Friday night week of release, i can definately make it after 9pm GMT. If not, have a fun! Enjoy!

DunpealD

Facism said:
If you set the game up sometime Friday night week of release, i can definately make it after 9pm GMT. If not, have a fun! Enjoy!

24fxun4.jpg

by Doc Evils upon your request

Still have to decide it. I suppose we'll set up the date and time one or two weeks before release.

GamerSciz

Hey during the beta I was in the GAF clan. I was wondering if that is able to carry over to the final game which I obviously have pre-ordered :)

PSN: LilSciz
Region: US/Central

DoomGyver

MutFox said:
Exactly, Ditch calling is US East, West, Central, and Call it North America.
Yeah this is probably the way to go.

DunpealD, ThirdEngine will play launch night, I forgot to ask flunk :3

dazed808

DunpealD said:
Currently going to participating members(GAF names): 18/32
Full Recovery
FFObsessed
BruceWayneIII
RavenFox
dhelfric
Guled
-viper-
alba
AndyD
Aladuf23
-Cv-
BlacKMaRK
LiquidMetal14
AzRim904
II VerTigo II
Alias03
-ARNiE-
DunpealD

I'll be updating the list from time to time. We also have to decide on a date, since some members will have the game earlier due to earlier release dates or broken street dates.

Add me in if you could please Dun but don't think i'll be on till after 10pmGMT so if space is tight put someone else in instead of me

DunpealD said:
KOLORZONE 2 - Official NeoGAF International Launch Warzone

Currently going to participating members(GAF names): 18/32
Full Recovery
FFObsessed
BruceWayneIII
RavenFox
dhelfric
Guled
-viper-
alba
AndyD
Aladuf23
-Cv-
BlacKMaRK
LiquidMetal14
AzRim904
II VerTigo II
Alias03
-ARNiE-
DunpealD

EDIT: We also have to figure out how to handle the big clans and who's going to be the leader.

I'm up for it

Az

DunpealD said:
Added everyone.

We currently have 23 participating members.

It'll be tough to find a perfect time since we are all in different time zones. Lets say its US and europe only, we'll probably need to play around 3PM eastern time which would make it 12PM pacific and 9PM european. Hour or two difference depending on availability.

DunpealD

AzRim904 said:
It'll be tough to find a perfect time since we are all in different time zones. Lets say its US and europe only, we'll probably need to play around 3PM eastern time which would make it 12PM pacific and 9PM european. Hour or two difference depending on availability.

9PM would be fine for me. But we'll have to see if our comrades are ok with it.

btw. here's a map of Salamun Market one of the MP maps of KZ2
mp2-painted-overview.jpg

Dunno which map it is though.

dazed808

DunpealD said:
btw. here's a map on one of the MP mp of KZ2

Dunno which map it is though.

Ahh Salamun Market.... brings a tear to the eye remembering the beta...... oh well only 750 ish hours to go til release

GodofWine

dazed808 said:
Ahh Salamun Market.... brings a tear to the eye remembering the beta...... oh well only 750 ish hours to go til release

good to see Im not the only one counting....

Hey, any thoughts on breaking the Eastern GAF clan by sub region, or a couple major cities that people are closest too??

(Im rearranging my basement to hardwire my PS3 just for KZ2...yes, psyched)

Ilparazzo

Chalk me up for the EU clan please.

PSN: Ilparazzo
Timezone: GMT

Probably can't play the day its launched because I'll still be waiting for the game but I wish a good game for all involved

dazed808

Ilparazzo said:
Chalk me up for the EU clan please.

PSN: Ilparazzo
Timezone: GMT

Probably can't play the day its launched because I'll still be waiting for the game but I wish a good game for all involved

Good man ;) Only one two to go (Indeed + Steroyd?) then it's all the Wasps signed up isn't it Dun?

Ilparazzo

It'll be nice to have the old gang back together dishing out pain again.

I like the idea of being a saboteur or an engineer, I'm hoping I'll find it as gratifying as the old magazine/sleep gas mine from the old days :p

DunpealD

dazed808 said:
Good man ;) Only one two to go (Indeed + Steroyd?) then it's all the Wasps signed up isn't it Dun?

Not exactly you've also forgotten Newsbot and Goncalo. I hope they're going to join too though.

EDIT: Talked to news, he's not going to get KZ2.

Facism

ILPARAZZO :D

I know Gon wants to get in on the action, he has a post on the forum saying as much. As for News....It's been something like 3 months since he's signed into his PSN account. I doubt our Irish comrade will get involved :( Dunno about Ster, it's be great if he hooked up with us again.

btw....anyone remember that TSNE game in MGO where dun won the game singlehandedly?

Foil

PSN = Foil
Zone = Canada East

I've had some serious withdrawl since the beta. Can't wait to get going again.

Hope it isn't too late to join GAFe

PSN Vasilisk

GMT+1

EDIT Holy shit, there's already about 70 people in GAFe :lol . Well, I'll wait if I can't get in, sure when time passes people will begin to drop (I hope ;_:)

DunpealD

From the Media thread:

beast786 said:
http://threespeech.com/blog/2009/01/playr-killzone-2-special-airs-on-bravo-uk-this-weekend/

Playr, the leading video game TV show, has created a special half-hour programme dedicated exclusively to Killzone 2. There’s a sneak (standard definition) preview here, but we highly recommend you take a moment to watch it in all its HD glory, in order to get a true flavour of the Killzone 2 experience. Click here and then click the link that says ‘watch in HD’ just below the right hand corner of the video.

The episode filmed at Guerrilla Games’ HQ in Amsterdam presents a definitive and comprehensive guide to the highly anticipated PS3 shooter.

Featuring never before seen multiplayer maps, new single player campaign, brand new vehicles and game features such as automatic sentry turrets, and a complete illustration of the game’s 6 character classes, this programme is everything you want to know about the PS3’s killer shooter.

It also goes behind the scenes to reveal the technology and people behind what’s undoubtedly one of the most ambitious games ever made.

Producer Jason Kilshaw commented, “If you’re still unsure whether Killzone 2 is a GOTY contender, then watch this!”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H_g...zone-2-special-airs-on-bravo-uk-this-weekend/

Ilparazzo

I've been wondering, does anyone know if the clans have a limit in how many people can join?

Edit: Nvm, read through the thread and found out it's 64.

Just a note, my GAF name was changed from -Cv- to FourSerioux (my XBL and PSN Gamertag) if you want to change the name on the lists.

Good to see the Canada clan growing too, be nice if it doubles up by release.

DunpealD

Sorry guys I'll be one day late to the launch of KILLZONE 2 :(

FFObsessed will be creating the EU clan if everything works out.

Dave1988

Facism said:
ILPARAZZO :D

I know Gon wants to get in on the action, he has a post on the forum saying as much. As for News....It's been something like 3 months since he's signed into his PSN account. I doubt our Irish comrade will get involved :( Dunno about Ster, it's be great if he hooked up with us again.

btw....anyone remember that TSNE game in MGO where dun won the game singlehandedly?

Bot isn't going to buy KZ2 so no, he won't be playing :(

DunpealD

DunpealD said:
Sorry guys I'll be one day late to the launch of KILLZONE 2 :(

FFObsessed will be creating the EU clan if everything works out.

Awesome! It looks like it's been postponed so if nothing much goes wrong I'll be back just in time for launch :D

KZObsessed

DunpealD said:
Awesome! It looks like it's been postponed so if nothing much goes wrong I'll be back just in time for launch :D

I've got a taste for it now, I will create that clan before you!

YOU ARE MY NEMESIS!!!111!!!
angry.gif

DunpealD

FFObsessed said:
I've got a taste for it now, I will create that clan before you!

292tk43.jpg

YOU ARE MY NEMESIS!!!111!!!
angry.gif

You will see that in the end anyone who opposes me will end up like this

o6a0c8.jpg

Anyway it doesn't really matter who creates it first. Let's just make sure we get the clan up and running to prepare ourselves to bring chaos to GG at the end of the tournament.

Top Bottom