• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

BeeDog said:
I think some of you are misinterpreting what's said in that blog post:

"...we will release a playable version of this in-engine ad vignette..."

Imo, looking at the trailer it still seems to be a render with the game assets (just check the resolution on that bullet, and the water reflection, both are non-do's in the game itself). We'll most likely just get an in-game demo of this, which doesn't look as good as this commercial.

The bullet is the only thing that didn't seem "real" in the add. Aside from that, everything else looked like it does in the game. The models, explosions, dust particles ect.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to seeing the HD version that they'll put on PSN later today.

KZObsessed

BeeDog said:
I think some of you are misinterpreting what's said in that blog post:

"...we will release a playable version of this in-engine ad vignette..."

Imo, looking at the trailer it still seems to be a render with the game assets (just check the resolution on that bullet, and the water reflection, both are non-do's in the game itself). We'll most likely just get an in-game demo of this, which doesn't look as good as this commercial.

If that were the case then he would/should have said:

"...we will release an in-engine playable version of this ad vignette..."

BeeDog

FFObsessed said:
If that were the case then he would/should have said:

"...we will release an in-engine playable version of this ad vignette..."

I don't agree fellow Slav, but let's leave it at that. :p

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
That was a nice trailer, reminded me of a mix between max payne and wanted.

Will be interesting to check out the interactive version when it is released.

I actually wish that the full game of killzone contained directors comentary like the valve and starbreeze's games.

Ello

Dante said:
They are later today :)

Don't know if it will be 1080p though.

Awsome, I can stop watching it over and over at the PS Blog now. :p

720p or 1080p doesn't matter as long as it's in HD.

braimuge

Banned
That ad was awesome.

I want them to do more live action stuff though, Ala Halo 3. Market the shit out of it. This game deserves it.

andycapps

GodofWine said:
Being at the office sucks...can't watch the ad...can't buy Noby noby boy....wtf work, WTF

Same here, and laptop is out of commission for a few days so can't watch this when I get home. Glad it's going to be getting some ads.

Torgo

From a Press Release that I just got:

"In anticipation of the Killzone 2 release, SCEA will also be launching a new television ad campaign this week in collaboration with Killzone 2 developer Guerrilla Games, Los Angeles based Zoic Studios and ad agency Deutsch LA. Coined the “Bullet” commercial, the new ad was rendered entirely in-engine via the incredible power of the Killzone 2 engine and PS3 technology to preserve the unique visual and epic gameplay experience.

"Every single frame of this commercial was directly rendered on a PS3 without the need for additional tweaking or touching up. We're very proud that our game engine technology has reached the point where we don't have to resort to software pre-rendering,” said Hermen Hulst, Managing Director. “In that regard it is a testament to our commitment to deliver on what we promise. What you see is what you get.”

SCEA will also be releasing a playable version of the ad, where users can control the camera view to explore the behind-the-scenes techniques used to create the ad. This version will also include a director’s commentary explaining the team’s efforts to develop a campaign that was true to the actual gaming experience"

"Every single frame of this commercial was directly rendered on a PS3 without the need for additional tweaking or touching up. We're very proud that our game engine technology has reached the point where we don't have to resort to software pre-rendering,” said Hermen Hulst, Managing Director.

Epic!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
AranhaHunter said:
At the risk of stating the obvious – the Killzone 2 engine is phenomenally powerful. To offer you some insight into the technology behind this game, we will release a playable version of this in-engine ad vignette on the PlayStation Network coming in March. You’ll be able to control the camera and hear director commentary on how the production was completed using only the game’s technology.

Mind blown

BlacKMaRK

Banned
im shocked that its all in engine, thats incredible! sooo what networks do you guys think it will be shown on??

I remember the only times i saw ads for LBP was on adult swim. i hope that doesn't happen with killzone =/

REV 09

great ad...i'm one of "those" that had issues with the demo, but that ad was really well done. I also like the subtitle "war. perfected." they should have used that for the official subtitle.

Rikyfree

BlacKMaRK said:
im shocked that its all in engine, thats incredible! sooo what networks do you guys think it will be shown on??

I remember the only times i saw ads for LBP was on adult swim. i hope that doesn't happen with killzone =/
Like I said before, I can honestly see it being shown on FOX during Terminator. The audience is the type that would most likely be into it.

A.R.K

Torgo said:
From a Press Release that I just got:

"Every single frame of this commercial was directly rendered on a PS3 without the need for additional tweaking or touching up. We're very proud that our game engine technology has reached the point where we don't have to resort to software pre-rendering,” said Hermen Hulst, Managing Director. “In that regard it is a testament to our commitment to deliver on what we promise. What you see is what you get.”

Amazing .. just fucking amazing! No more its 'touched up' shit .. WYSIWYG! :D

Darkpen

Banned
As cool as that ad is, its not enough. I demand 3 different ads, on multiple channels, playing for the 3 weeks straight.

Also, "War. Perfected. TM"? Really? They actually managed to get a slogan?

Rikyfree said:
Like I said before, I can honestly see it being shown on FOX during Terminator. The audience is the type that would most likely be into it.

So would MMA fans, UFC 95 will be free on Spike TV, so this would be a great opportunity to show this commercial.

Top Bottom