• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

KZObsessed

35bziaw.jpg

WOW. It's a shame just how much you miss in a multiplayer game. Just look at all that. I think this is the only game where I'd be happy to just watch others play for ages.

Rikyfree

DrPirate said:
Oh wow..This was NOT the ad I saw on the French channel in Montreal.

Really really nice stuff. I hope to se it while watching House or 24.
They said it will be shown tomorrow, so I'm guessing Terminator. That is where my money would be. It reaches out to that kind of audience.

KZObsessed

AranhaHunter said:

Ok... that is one amazing ad. Short but damn effective.
To offer you some insight into the technology behind this game, we will release a playable version of this in-engine ad vignette on the PlayStation Network coming in March. You’ll be able to control the camera and hear director commentary on how the production was completed using only the game’s technology. The project codename is “Killzone in 4-D” – hope you can check it out.

WOW :lol

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
I like the ad. The only thing that concerns me is that it doesn't promote the visuals as being in-game. People who haven't been following KZ2 recently (or at all) might just write it off as another CGI/pre-rendered teaser.

deepbrown

To offer you some insight into the technology behind this game, we will release a playable version of this in-engine ad vignette on the PlayStation Network coming in March. You’ll be able to control the camera and hear director commentary on how the production was completed using only the game’s technology. The project codename is “Killzone in 4-D” – hope you can check it out.

:O

Dibbz

At the risk of stating the obvious – the Killzone 2 engine is phenomenally powerful. To offer you some insight into the technology behind this game, we will release a playable version of this in-engine ad vignette on the PlayStation Network coming in March. You’ll be able to control the camera and hear director commentary on how the production was completed using only the game’s technology. The project codename is “Killzone in 4-D” – hope you can check it out.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/19/helghast-in-hd-killzone-2-ads-hit-tv/

WOW

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Ad looks pretty good. I like the lack of music; just letting the visuals tell the story. I still hope to see the ballet of death though one day.

BeeDog

Arkham said:
I like the ad. The only thing that concerns me is that it doesn't promote the visuals as being in-game. People who haven't been following KZ2 recently (or at all) might just write it off as another CGI/pre-rendered teaser.

Gears of War had prerendered commercials. Didn't stop it from impressing peeps, right?

DMeisterJ

Banned
Looks beautiful, but for some reason I didn't like it. I'll have to watch it a few more times to figure out why. But it does get the job done pretty well.

Does anyone know if Sev is actually modeled in game when you are playing? Because when you look down you don't see legs.

I wonder is the model actually makes facial expressions like in the ad....

Rikyfree

Blu_LED said:
Does anyone know if Sev is actually modeled in game when you are playing? Because when you look down you don't see legs.

I wonder is the model actually makes facial expressions like in the ad....
He is, I saw it in one of the docs on GG when they went straight from first to third person to look around the level freely, and sev was fully rendered when they zoomed out.

HOLY SHIT!

At the risk of stating the obvious – the Killzone 2 engine is phenomenally powerful. To offer you some insight into the technology behind this game, we will release a playable version of this in-engine ad vignette on the PlayStation Network coming in March. You’ll be able to control the camera and hear director commentary on how the production was completed using only the game’s technology. The project codename is “Killzone in 4-D” – hope you can check it out.

OMFG

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
That "4D" thing sounds really cool, cheers Guerilla. :)

Dibbz

BeeDog said:
Gears of War had prerendered commercials. Didn't stop it from impressing peeps, right?
The ad is in game and they're going to release the 'ad' as a download on the store in March so we can rotate the camera around the scene and liten to commentary.

Rikyfree

SolidSnakex said:
Pause it whenever the models are shown up close, they're clearly the in game models.
Just goes to show how great the engine they made really is if some people will think thats cg. But upon closer inspection, they will see it is indeed real time.

BeeDog

I think some of you are misinterpreting what's said in that blog post:

"...we will release a playable version of this in-engine ad vignette..."

Imo, looking at the trailer it still seems to be a render with the game assets (just check the resolution on that bullet, and the water reflection, both are non-do's in the game itself). We'll most likely just get an in-game demo of this, which doesn't look as good as this commercial.

makingmusic476 said:
Hah. Somebody pointed this out on another forum:

Halo: Combat Evolved

Killzone 2.

War. Perfected.
Yeah. That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw the tag line, reminded me of Halo right away.

ypo

"we will release a playable version of this in-engine ad vignette on the PlayStation Network coming in March.

HOLY SHIT thought that was pre-rendered :D

still thinks it's a little touched up and the PSN version will look a little less WOW-ing.

Top Bottom