• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

TheRagnCajun said:
I highly doubt every bullet is that textured in-game.

Probably not. You don't really ever get to see the bullets like that though so I don't see why it would matter. Considering they're probably using the same shaders and textures of the other metals in the game, I'm not really all that worried.

Q-bert

Banned
Pein said:
the ad isn't that good

Oh snap! it is like totally ON! Didn't you get the analogy? XBox360 is the dude at the end and the knockout punch is on the way!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!!!11!!!!

TREY 4 LI4E

Muffdraul

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Ehh, seems like more of a nod than a jab.

Nah. "Perfected" is definitely superior to "Evolved". This is clearly GG shoving a big ol' middle finger right in Bungie's face. :D

rexor0717 said:
I liked the ad. I think it could use some actual ingame action, but it was definitely cool.

The ad is absolutely perfect for the market sony is going after.
It doesn't need to show actual gameplay it just needs to provide a hook
which it definitely has. Its designed to get people talking.

Nobody can tell me that the Gears ad's were weak cause they didn't show
"gameplay" or clarify exactly what the game was about.

The Killzone 2 ad is exciting, beautiful to look at and just mysterious enough.
Job well done I say.

lupinko

rexor0717 said:
I liked the ad. I think it could use some actual ingame action, but it was definitely cool.

I'm just happy it's using ingame assets rather than a random prerendered commercial (Uncharted) or lame live action footage with boring actors (R2).

rexor0717

BruceLeeRoy said:

Job well done I say.
Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a really good ad. And I agree, they definitely know who they need to market to. Certainly not the "million" people that already have it pre-ordered. If it looks bad ass and grabs people, then the ad did its job.
lupinko said:
I'm just happy it's using ingame assets rather than a random prerendered commercial (Uncharted) or lame live action footage with boring actors (R2).
Those R2 ads were bat shit crazy. They probably scared people away from the game.

The Chef

BruceLeeRoy said:

Job well done I say.

Exactly this. The Gears2 commercial was absolutely amazing and didn't show a bit of gameplay. Made me buy a 360 though.
Getting people excited and talking about it is what its all about.

Raist

Banned
While the ad itself is good, I really think it's a terrible mistake to not have shown any gameplay footage. People are going to think "yeah that's nice and all, cutscenes or whatever, bullshit all over again. The game probably doesn't look as good. Pass" or whatever.

Raist said:
While the ad itself is good, I really think it's a terrible mistake to not have shown any gameplay footage. People are going to think "yeah that's nice and all, cutscenes or whatever, bullshit all over again. The game probably doesn't look as good. Pass" or whatever.

I really dont think so man. If anything its going to lead people to investigate the game which Sony wants
because they have their early reviews and never ending supply of amazing looking in-game imagery
ready and waiting.

Raist

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
I really dont think so man. If anything its going to lead people to investigate the game which Sony wants
because they have their early reviews and never ending supply of amazing looking in-game imagery
ready and waiting.

They should have added this at the end of the add:

"THINK IT'S BULLSHIT? JUST WAIT TO SEE IT RUN IN REALTIME AND PLAY WITH THE CAMERA, BITCHES. IN THE MEANTIME GO BUY A TREY AND KZ2. III IIII L"

Haunted

So that teaser ad will be followed up by more substantial ads later on? Excellent, that's exactly how it should be.

edit: am I the only one who doesn't find these Chad Warden/El Presador type characters funny? It's just shitting up the thread, imo. :(

lips

Raist said:

"THINK IT'S BULLSHIT? JUST WAIT TO SEE IT RUN IN REALTIME AND PLAY WITH THE CAMERA? BITCHES. IN THE MEANTIME GO BUY A TREY AND KZ2. III IIII L"

? confusing~

Raist said:

"THINK IT'S BULLSHIT? JUST WAIT TO SEE IT RUN IN REALTIME AND PLAY WITH THE CAMERA, BITCHES. IN THE MEANTIME GO BUY A TREY AND KZ2. III IIII L"

:lol I hear you man.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Haunted said:
edit: am I the only one who doesn't find these Chad Warden/El Presador type characters funny? It's just shitting up the thread, imo. :(
I thought Chad Warden was funny because I'm pretty sure he was dead serious. El Presador is obviously just a joke that was only funny the first time. His constant stream of videos on a daily basis is annoying. He's just trying to milk his 15 minutes of Youtube fame.

MickeyKnox said:
Cool ad, but why the fuck is he firing sabot rounds out of an automatic rifle? (besides the fact that it looks cool in slowmo)
You answered your own question. It's the same reason that the Helghast have glowing red eyes even though it's incredibly impractical on a battlefield.

jett

D-Member
At the risk of stating the obvious – the Killzone 2 engine is phenomenally powerful. To offer you some insight into the technology behind this game, we will release a playable version of this in-engine ad vignette on the PlayStation Network coming in March. You’ll be able to control the camera and hear director commentary on how the production was completed using only the game’s technology. The project codename is “Killzone in 4-D” – hope you can check it out.

What the...that US ad is done in-engine? Amazing...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Holy crap at the US ad , and we can download it and PLAY with it in March !!!!

Killzone 2 Engine > Planet Earth confirmed

seriously Sony , Uncharted Engine and Killzone 2 engine send them to SCE Japan Studios and Insomniac Games ..NOW .

xiked

Banned
So that's in engine....

oh snap!

Very impressive trailer! Hope they ramp the advertisement and show different trailers, and add the very important text: This is INGAME

So ppl know that and buy a PS3!

rexor0717

Totobeni said:
Holy crap at the US ad , and we can download it and PLAY with it in March !!!!

Killzone 2 Engine > Planet Earth confirmed

seriously Sony , Uncharted Engine and Killzone 2 engine send them to SCE Japan Studios and Insomniac Games ..NOW .
I can just see it now. Resistance 2 rendered in the KZ2 engine. :D
I liked the gameplay a lot in R2. But thats old news.
1 more week! Ghah! This wait is too long...

Kittonwy

Banned
AranhaHunter said:

RWAR PERFECTED TRES PARA LA VIDA.
KlintIndifference.gif

Top Bottom