• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

KZObsessed

Internet Celebrity said:
Yeah, to date (after ~250 hours) I still haven't got the top 1%...but two of my clan members have been ranked no. 1 in the world for "last 24 hours" on the leaderboards before. :D

I know I'll be shockingly bad because I was trying to shake the KZ2 out of my system for MW2...hopefully the muscle memory will kick in sooner or later. :lol

I played 3 games yesterday. First couple I was atrocious :lol 3rd game I did really well but the other team was terrible so it's not really an acomplishment. Even tried sniping but couldn't hit shit :p But to be honest I'm gonna enjoy getting back up to speed. I even increased my sensitivity settings because I was used to MW2 but I don't know whether to keep them that way or not. I hate messing with sensitivity settings as I can never get it just right. OCD!

KZObsessed

I just had an awesome few sniping binges on Pyrrhus Rise, and in that last game I went on a 30 man kill streak, then of course Assassination Defend comes along with yours truly as the target. And my retard fuckwad of a team couldn't even protect me for two seconds.

Finished 63-6

FML :(

methane47

Tempy said:
I still need that 1%. I spent 2 weeks overdosing on KZ2 where I barely missed it.

I hate these kinds of achievements.

LOL Dont you work at Guerilla? Cant you just hack your account real quick to give yourself top 1% :p

KZObsessed

I've noticed quite a few Japanese players at the top rank. Must be quite popular over there, in a niche sort of way of course. There's always quite a few JP servers as well.

From what I played of Resistance (at weird times of the night), Japanese FPS players aren't large in number but they're very, very concerned with playing "exactly right": always lots of teamwork and choosing the best/fastest weapons, etc.

KZObsessed

Liabe Brave said:
From what I played of Resistance (at weird times of the night), Japanese FPS players aren't large in number but they're very, very concerned with playing "exactly right": always lots of teamwork and choosing the best/fastest weapons, etc.

In KZ2 they mostly seem to just spray with an LMG :p

KZObsessed

Micromegas said:
I'm actually getting hyped for this weekend after reading the last couple of posts.

Now, the tough decision:

Engineer

or

Tact.

?

Do you know how to throw a spawn and where to throw them? If so, Tact plz my friend. If not, Engineer you scummy noob.

beast786 said:
So any ideas for a new class for KZ2?

I am pretty sure flamethrower/ Pyro will be added.

I doubt we will ever see anymore actual support for KZ2 outside of perhaps a basic fix patch for little things if anything. They are likely deep into production of KZ3 or next game they got coming up.

beast786

BattleMonkey said:
I doubt we will ever see anymore actual support for KZ2 outside of perhaps a basic fix patch for little things if anything. They are likely deep into production of KZ3 or next game they got coming up.

My bad. I meant KZ3

beast786 said:
My bad. I meant KZ3

Ah well for classes I think they should possibly rework what the already have taking feedback and seeing how KZ2 turned out. I think Assault for example should be made slower, given access to LMG's, and given the armor, but make them very slow and perhaps no running allowed as well. No idea why assaulters got the ability to move faster, it made no sense.

I would like a true scout/recon class with fast and lightly armed players. Give them the boost ability, but not the armor like Assault had, and give them smg's or light weaponry only.

Change scout to just sniper class for naming if so.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of the air drones instead for some kind of air strike that a tactician can call in or something. Air drones while neat idea are just not all that amazing and your forcing a whole server to only be able to use 2 at a time so many tactician players are stuck waiting to deploy theirs which can take a long time sometimes.

KZObsessed

beast786 said:
So any ideas for a new class for KZ2?

I am pretty sure flamethrower/ Pyro will be added.

Err I think they're done with DLC now. (ahh saw your edit :p)

Tho I'd like to see the Assault Class replaced with a "Demolitions Class". One that specializes in taking down turrets and air drones easier. One of the uses of the Assault Class is getting through turret defences during S&D. Especially on smaller games, a Demolitions Class would fill that role nicely. Maybe even allow him to plant/diffuse S&D explosives and destroy enemy ammo boxes slightly quicker.

Second use of Assault Class is to prevent a stalemate during S&R. (which can happen fairly often on larger maps). So therefore introduce a second class based off the Helghast Elite soldiers from the single player. (and create an ISA equivalent of course.) Give them the boost ability (slightly slower than current speed), which is a primary badge so it can't be swapped with other classes, 80% normal health. Machine pistol and knife. Knife still takes two hits for a kill like normal melee but it's slightly quicker. That class would fill the niche of trying to get the speaker to the objective without it being overpowered. Probably wont be used much but then neither is the Sniper and that's still awesome.

The roles of the Assault Class are filled and no more overpowered, god awful class. Keep rocket launcher but only allow the standard solider to use it like they can now.

EliteShockTrooper.jpg

morlock

FFObsessed said:
That was awesome.

KZ2 is so the best game for video montages.

Video recording feature next time Guerrilla. Even if it's just youtube recording.
Thanks!

I now have a HD PVR and about 16GB of recorded KZ2-material ready to be edited to something cool in glory 720p :p ... just need to find a good song and lots of time. :/

Internet Celebrity said:
Yeah, to date (after ~250 hours) I still haven't got the top 1%...but two of my clan members have been ranked no. 1 in the world for "last 24 hours" on the leaderboards before. :D

I know I'll be shockingly bad because I was trying to shake the KZ2 out of my system for MW2...hopefully the muscle memory will kick in sooner or later. :lol

Yeah, luckily I was able to get the game and hop on there right away to get this one

morlock said:
Thanks!

I now have a HD PVR and about 16GB of recorded KZ2-material ready to be edited to something cool in glory 720p :p ... just need to find a good song and lots of time. :/
I think one of the reasons I liked your montage so much was that you played against some really good players in some of the games. You see a lot of montages that just have the dude base raping a bunch of newbies that probably don't even know how to get out of there.

JB1981

Mega Mike said:
Should I get this game or should I get MW2? Is the online community still going strong in KZ2?

If you want to experience something a bit different with a greater learning curve, get KZ2. If you want COD 4 with upgrades and new killstreaks, get MW2.

CuscoZ

Banned
I dusted off this bad boy the other day. Took a while to get to grips with it, but the precision aiming and autoaim certainly helps. My KDR ossccilates around 1, but I'll keep playing whenever I can with my super busy university schedule, who knows maybe I'll see you pros online one day.
cheers

KZObsessed

Internet Celebrity said:
FFO, what's the deal with you playing KZ2 but never actually being in a server? Must be stat-boosting or some shit. ;)

Huh? Played a bunch of games. Sometimes I just leave it on the menu when I'm taking a break coz I know I'll be back playing in 30mins or so. :p

During the Beta, KZ2 was pretty much my operating system :lol

FFObsessed said:
Huh? Played a bunch of games. Sometimes I just leave it on the menu when I'm taking a break coz I know I'll be back playing in 30mins or so. :p
Clearly I always catch you on your goddam breaks. :lol

Anyway, the game is surprisingly easy to get back into. Played about half a match; it felt incredibly lethargic at first, but I settled back in after about 10 minutes. Ended 32-13.
Shuddup, it was their fault that they couldn't place a proper spawn.

KZObsessed

Internet Celebrity said:
Clearly I always catch you on your goddam breaks. :lol

Anyway, the game is surprisingly easy to get back into. Played about half a match; it felt incredibly lethargic at first, but I settled back in after about 10 minutes. Ended 32-13.
Shuddup, it was their fault that they couldn't place a proper spawn.

That's good! Took me a few games to get back into things and I'm still not right, but it usually takes me a while. I turned the sensitivity back down to what I used before, I think that's best. Addicted to sniping on Pyrrhus Rise again :D

KZObsessed

Internet Celebrity said:
Not cool, Naughty Dog. Not cool at all.

I know :lol

What a stupid thing to do. 2 first party games with double point weekends at the same time. I mean we could just play both :p but I think I'll just be playing KZ2.

KZObsessed

Was having a pretty poor game on Radec just then, but during S&R I got 8 headshots in a row without dying and never looked back!

Love how the momentum can shift from sucking terribly to having a good game. Good for me seeing as I always start off badly. :p

KZObsessed

OH FUCK OFF

I had 332 points in a game, 200 kills, I was dominating, we were gonna win the game and the game fucking freezes!

FUCK YOU GUERRILLA

Epic game at least Rick, up until that point. Argh. Such bullshit.

Top Bottom