• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Mercenary |OT| No allegiance, no honour, only money

If you had to choose... Is the feel/weight more akin to KZ2 or KZ3? And in general, are the controls decent? Seriously this close to buying a Vita for KZ:M alone.

Cheers, guys.

From the beta to me it felt closer to KZ3. Still has a sense of weight but feels accessible too, like in KZ3. I liked the controls in KZ2, but I thought 3 felt better from an actual gameplay perspective.

Foshy

Playing through the first mission right now. Wow.

How do sub-native games exist on the Vita if this can look so good?

Ein Bear

I sold my previous Vita a while ago, but the hype for this has become too much for me, and I just ordered the Killzone bundle that GAME are selling. Does anyone know if these bundles tend to have physical or digital copies of the game?

It really annoys me that there are two separate pre order items on the PS store. Give me something back for paying you directly and giving you more money than if I bought in store. Rant over.

Which pre order pack have people gone with? I loved the beta and the screenshots in the thread are crazy good.

bLaiSe

If anyone is looking for a good grip I can't recommend this enough.
Vita-Assist-Grip.jpg

I own a few grips ranging from low and high quality but this is the one I decided to stick with. It's 35$ on ebay which is a ridiculous price for a piece of plastic but I can provide a link in PM (don't know if I can link it here) where you can get a white or a red one for 10$+shipping.
And while you are at it order some Bluecell analog covers as well. ;)

Stoffinator

I sold my previous Vita a while ago, but the hype for this has become too much for me, and I just ordered the Killzone bundle that GAME are selling. Does anyone know if these bundles tend to have physical or digital copies of the game?

My COD bundle game with the physical copy.

Hanmik

Well guess I have to check that out later and that although I just finished my review...

I just closed the game. And restarted it, and then the patch was there for me to download.. 136 minutes now.. Fuck my internet.. Hmm going to play some puppeteer then..

leca

Grabbed it from psn, sorry on my mobile atm. juggling vita and uploading the screenshot was a tad difficult ;).

Preorder is yet to unlock but bam! I'm keen to see if it patches or pushes the game to 4GB+ up from the original 3.3GB.

Hanmik

My copy is 3413 mb big.. And I'm only 40 mb into the patch download.. Will update once the patch is downloaded (about the size of the whole game)

What is the square button used for? square doesn't work on my vita. if it's not an important button or if the controls can be customized I'll buy it and play for a few weeks before sending this goddamn thing to be repaired.

Sorral

...The patch is that big? Physical version it is.

Still rocking an 8GB MC. The 32GB price drop was Sony trolling. ;;

Oh and I love the gifs.

Xater

I just closed the game. And restarted it, and then the patch was there for me to download.. 136 minutes now.. Fuck my internet.. Hmm going to play some puppeteer then..

I'll be done in 10 minutes. Just started the download. Had to delete a game though. I ams till waiting for Amazon Uk to send me that 32 GB card....

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Damn. I don't know what I can part with to make space for this. Probably PSASBR, I suppose.

Give us 64gb cards, Sony. We'll give you money.

So that makes the digital version 3.4 + 1.2 GB = 4.6 GB :eek:

This is the largest game on VITA size wise.
It doesn't work that way. A patch does not necessarily adds to the game data like that. Unless it actually adds new assets to the game you usually end up with an insignificant size increase once it's installed.

LMN

I'm planning to get this game, never into FPS, so hopefully this will be the first =). For those who have the game, can anybody confirm if there are offline bots in multiplayer mode? I would prefer to practice with bot first before going online.

Damn.. Shouldve got the physical copy. Oh well, goodbye hotline miami.

Before you delete, be sure to send your save file to PS+ if you have it. I didn't do that for Gravity Rush and it deleted my completed save file :(

I had finished the game, but intended to go for a Platinum trophy run some day. Ballsed that up.

MDSLKTR

Anyone using this grip? Planning to buy one as well.

1fPOcPil.jpg

I hate it. The form hurts my hands after a couple hours and I personally can't stand the texture. But it wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for those horrible horrible triggers:

PSVitaTriggerGrip3.jpg

they add nothing, feel cheap and scratch the L/R buttons if you press hard enough (I had to put band-aid patches to protect them)

I prefer the CTA digital grip even if it's not perfect either:
414hUh2DXpL._SY300_.jpg

Hanmik

I'm planning to get this game, never into FPS, so hopefully this will be the first =). For those who have the game, can anybody confirm if there are offline bots in multiplayer mode? I would prefer to practice with bot first before going online.

No bots.. Sadly no bots..only private and public matches..

Hanmik

FYI with the patch the game is now 4608 mb on my Vita.

Damn I don't know why my internet is so fucking slow these days.. It might just be psn because a certain 11gb game I tried to download yesterday took way way way to long..

Alric

Well i'll be wating until next week in the US, but damn its looking awesome and the demo was fun training.

kriskrosbbk

Constant disconnects for me even after the patch . Anyone here tested the multiplayer ? Quite honestly I started around 30 games since yesterday ,finished 2 :/
fibre 94mbit connection.

Top Bottom