• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

So, not Kinda Funny related but it looks like Andrew Goldfarb is leaving Gearbox. Beyond fans should be very familiar with him

https://twitter.com/garfep/status/598201258118291456

Hope he lands on his feet, he was a fantastic addition to that podcast and I miss hearing his positive and enthusiastic voice. Would be great if he showed up on the GOG show sometime. He was on C&G live a while back wasn't he?

So, not Kinda Funny related but it looks like Andrew Goldfarb is leaving Gearbox. Beyond fans should be very familiar with him

https://twitter.com/garfep/status/598201258118291456

Hope he lands on his feet, he was a fantastic addition to that podcast and I miss hearing his positive and enthusiastic voice. Would be great if he showed up on the GOG show sometime. He was on C&G live a while back wasn't he?

HIRE HIM, KINDA FUNNY! (And yes, he was on C&G Live)

Didn't he like move all the way to Texas for that job?

Hope he lands on his feet – has good experience to be able to find another games industry job, and given the choice between hiring Alfredo full-time or Goldfard, i'd take the latter any day of the week.

I say this because i doubt Kinda Funny can afford to hire another person let alone two.

MattyG

Banned
Wh9MTIW.gif

Yo Reed you have mlb? We should play a match sometime

I do, but I'm like Colin in that I don't play online typically, especially sports games. I spend most of my time doing Diamond Dynasty and RTTS. When I do multiplayer in sports games, I prefer local. When I do online multiplayer, I like games where I am one of many players, like Battlefield or Warhawk (give us Warhawk PS4, Sony!!!!*).

*You can play Warhawk (The PS3 remake) on PS4 right now through PS Now.

a916

For a guy that loves DC, is Greg just extra hard on DC or something? He doesn't like this, he doesn't like DKR, he didn't like MOS (initially), just about everything he says about DC comes with a backhanded compliment.

Unless it's DCUO or the DC games, thats it.

For a guy that loves DC, is Greg just extra hard on DC or something? He doesn't like this, he doesn't like DKR, he didn't like MOS (initially), just about everything he says about DC comes with a backhanded compliment.

I think it's just because when you love something you want it treated right, and DC has had a lot of problems getting it's shit together.

A lot of people didn't like DKR (I enjoyed it though), and similarly most people agree that Man of Steel was thoroughly mediocre aside from some cool fights, and I agree, it had a ton of problems that I won't get into, but it wasn't very good.

So I think maybe he just wants to see the world and characters he loves done justice, so that's likely why he is so harsh.

a916

A lot of people didn't like DKR (I enjoyed it though), and similarly most people agree that Man of Steel was thoroughly mediocre aside from some cool fights, and I agree, it had a ton of problems that I won't get into, but it wasn't very good..

That's the thing though, he's like well I hated MOS, but once I lowered my expectations I enjoyed it. It comes across as, "didn't like the movie but once I expected crap, I was pleasantly surrprised" I comes across as a back handed compliment.

I get the whole, he's a DC person, so he's more invested in it and he has very certain vision for what he wants whereas with Marvel, he's not as invested and therefore he's willing to just sit back and enjoy the MCU.

I can't believe someone made a video to bash Kinda Funny, saying they are boring and stale. I'm not going to give the guy a click, nor am I going to link to it. Going by what Colin said on Colin and Greg Live, I doubt that person even wants to see KF to be improved, if that was the "point" of the video. They seemed to hate everything KF produces, even A Conversation with Colin, which they said was the best thing they did, but still disliked it. In my opinion, they sound like someone who disliked the guys when they were still at IGN and will always find fault with the things they do, for that reason. There are always people like that, unfortunately.

N° 2048

I can't believe someone made a video to bash Kinda Funny, saying they are boring and stale. I'm not going to give the guy a click, nor am I going to link to it. Going by what Colin said on Colin and Greg Live, I doubt that person even wants to see KF to be improved, if that was the "point" of the video. They seemed to hate everything KF produces, even A Conversation with Colin, which they said was the best thing they did, but still disliked it. In my opinion, they sound like someone who disliked the guys when they were still at IGN and will always find fault with the things they do, for that reason. There are always people like that, unfortunately.

I know you said no links but can you please PM me.

I know you don't want to give it out but I'd rather see this myself.

I know you said no links but can you please PM me.

I know you don't want to give it out but I'd rather see this myself.

I don't even know what the link is. All I meant was I was not going to seek it out to put in my post. If I did have it, I'd gladly PM it to you. Though, I suppose if you really want to watch it, just look up Kinda Funny Criticism. That might bring it up.

Goldfarb left Gearbox? Colin has promised big surprises at Kinda Funny Live....... hmmmmm....

See, I find the opposite. Colin and Greg always seem very dismissive of the Marvel TV shows (except Daredevil), even though Peggy Carter was well received and SHIELD was really, really, good this year. I wish Greg would give them a chance.
I think the reason he didn't like DKR and MOS is because they weren't great movies. I'd say DKR was an OK film, but did not live up to it's potential, and MOS was pretty terrible, in my, and lots of other peoples opinions. Greg sounds like a big fan of Flash and seasons 1-2 of Arrow.

Seriously, I'd have no problem if the Kinda Funny crew just turned into the ol Beyond crew. Except I don't see Clements ever going there

The Greg / Colin / Ryan balance was fantastic, those three just sounded great together and covered a very wide balance of gaming (Andrew was a great addition too). Every week when a new Gamescast comes out and Ryan isn't on it, my heart breaks.

a916

The Greg / Colin / Ryan balance was fantastic, those three just sounded great together and covered a very wide balance of gaming (Andrew was a great addition too). Every week when a new Gamescast comes out and Ryan isn't on it, my heart breaks.

It wasn't even just that, it's that all of them, would respect the audience enough to say, hey, I don't know much about this so I'm not going to talk about this whereas the new Beyond is all about talking about stuff they know nothing about but acting as if they did. Like Max speculating that Battlefront singleplayer could be like a Destiny style MMO... huh? Or them spending about 20 minutes making fun of developers of Arkham Knight coming out and saying it's Rated M and how they misconstrued it as the developers bragging about it.

N° 2048

Twitch introduces reduced stream delay option
http://www.esportsheaven.com/news/view/64762/twitch-introduces-reduced-stream-delay-option

Twitch has announced that they are offering streamers a new option that will allow them to reduce the delay that viewers experience when watching Twitch streams. This new feature is currently in Beta, and must be activated manually by streamers. When a streamer enables the reduce stream delay feature their video segment size will be reduced from four seconds to two which means that the streaming video will reach users faster.

Finally got around to watching this and holy shit, I was dying. Greg needs to lose his shit more often.

Which is better? The hilariously insane, rambling nonsense of Greg (I lost track of his story's threadline halfway in) or the pure anger of a furiously frazzled Nick. Also, poor Brian Albert. He's probably going to be real confused with some tweets that are coming his way.

Choomp

Banned
Which is better? The hilariously insane, rambling nonsense of Greg (I lost track of his story's threadline halfway in) or the pure anger of a furiously frazzled Nick. Also, poor Brian Albert. He's probably going to be real confused with some tweets that are coming his way.

I think insane Greg is something I want to see more of. We've seen lots of glimpses but that was pure hilarious nonsense of a video. I really didn't think I'd enjoy it that much. At around 25 minutes is the hardest I think I've ever seen Greg laugh.

N° 2048

Seriously considering flying out from here (Canada) to see KindaFunny Live next year (if they do it again, I'm sure they will.)

Oh, nice.

I should correct myself. While they said it would be filmed, I don't recall how much of the show they planned on filming. And keep in mind, mistakes happen when editing. Last year, I remember a panel someone had at PAX that was supposed to be filmed, but the video was corrupted. Hopefully we get word from the guys when (or if) we'll be able to watch the video.

N° 2048

I should correct myself. While they said it would be filmed, I don't recall how much of the show they planned on filming. And keep in mind, mistakes happen when editing. Last year, I remember a panel someone had at PAX that was supposed to be filmed, but the video was corrupted. Hopefully we get word from the guys when (or if) we'll be able to watch the video.

They said some will be filmed but they want it to be special so a lot of parts won't be filmed.

I wonder if they are going to put out a Kinda Funny Live montage or something like that.

There were a ton of announcements at the Live show last night. My favorite the announcement of the kinda funny forum site http://kindafunnyforums.com/viewforum.php?f=1
And Kinda Funny animated being in the works. This thing is growing man, and it's awesome

Awesome. The lack of forums is why months ago I suggested someone start this thread. I hope everyone keeps posting here, as it's been real fun.

Edit- Here's my first Kinda Funny Forum thread!: Idea For A New Show: Civilization V and History 101

Top Bottom