• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

Well, that's awesome, Beyond desperately needs him.

I wonder if they'll bring him on considering they seem to want a fresh start with Beyond. Andrew is part of the old guard in a sense. Also, if Greg was still there, what would he name the game list? It can't be the "Andrew Goldfarb Memorial List of Upcoming PlayStation Games For All Three Platforms Put Together By The IGN Editors.... Doo. Doo. Doo. Doo. Doo." (or something like that) anymore.

It's been pretty quiet over here. I mean, the new official forums are nice and all, but this has been real fun here. I hope people don't just up and abandon this thread. Also, yesterday's Colin and Greg Live was downright awesomely goofy.

N° 2048

It's been pretty quiet over here. I mean, the new official forums are nice and all, but this has been real fun here. I hope people don't just up and abandon this thread. Also, yesterday's Colin and Greg Live was downright awesomely goofy.

Honestly their forums are unusable. Last time I checked it's impossible to keep up with quotes, subscriptions (the 'first unread post' button is on the first page of a thread lol).

Plus with titles like "What are U guyz playing?!", it's a turn off.

Choomp

Banned

As said before, those forums need quite the bit of work. I mean yeah, it's really fun to see the community and all but honestly they should take some notes from GAF when it comes to navigating the place.

MattyG

Banned
I'm gonna be getting back to posting the daily video list soon. I've been travelling for the last two weeks, that's why I took a little break. Hopefully the daily posts starting up again will help liven the thread up.

Keep fucking that chicken :p

5XCsLiy.gif

mdubs

Banned
Was watching the politics segment of Gameovergreggy show (posted this past Wednesday), even though I'm not from the US I still find these discussions so fascinating, and I'm enjoying that Nick is starting to push back more at Colin's opinions. Not that I don't like Colin, but it makes for a better discussion when the others are starting to jump in with their own ideas more.

They rightly pointed out how crazy it is that the GOGS jumps from talking about Coke vs. Pepsi for 50 minutes to talking hardcore politics, and that's why I love the show because of the variety of diverse topics

Mezoly

I gotta say this week has been the best week of Kinda Funny content. With awesome long let's plays and more relaxed C&GL it was so good to watch.

I gotta say this week has been the best week of Kinda Funny content. With awesome long let's plays and more relaxed C&GL it was so good to watch.

Im sad I just don't have time to watch their content lately. It's either that or play games I have...and the games usually win

But I'm still supporting them on Patreon and plan to continue doing so. Hopefully life let's up a bit and I can find time to listen to their podcasts or archived videos.

Also, gonna leave this here (from Twitter)

CFokUH7VEAARbxA.jpg

Mezoly

Im sad I just don't have time to watch their content lately. It's either that or play games I have...and the games usually win

But I'm still supporting them on Patreon and plan to continue doing so. Hopefully life let's up a bit and I can find time to listen to their podcasts or archived videos.

CFokUH7VEAARbxA.jpg

Everyday I say I won't watch them and play more games but then I get back home from work tired and just watch their stuff.

CFokUH7VEAARbxA.jpg

Meanwhile, I'm sure there are superfans who wish they could pump out more content.
Okay, that's been me once or twice.
I count myself lucky that I'm able to watch their content while working.

Also, that picture reminds me I need to rewatch Bojack Horseman.

Choomp

Banned

Coming off KF Live which sounds pretty amazing, yes, this week has been awesome. The Mario Kart and Minecraft videos are both hilarious.

Meanwhile, I'm sure there are superfans who wish they could pump out more content.
Okay, that's been me once or twice.
I count myself lucky that I'm able to watch their content while working.

Also, that picture reminds me I need to rewatch Bojack Horseman.

Yeah, I used to watch every Ep of Gameovergreggy Show, I was there day 1. But they have so much stuff now (which is great,don't get me wrong) I am never sure what I should be spending my time viewing. I think I want to try and at least watch Colin and Greg live at the end of every day.

It's just tough, I get home from work around 7 pm and by the time I eat and sit down its 8, I only have a few hours before I go to bed and it's either watch a couple episodes of something or play a game. First world problems right? Haha.

But that's awesome you're able to watch it at work. I could actually listen to the podcasts at work but I find it hard to both focus and listen at the same time

Yeah, I used to watch every Ep of Gameovergreggy Show, I was there day 1. But they have so much stuff now (which is great,don't get me wrong) I am never sure what I should be spending my time viewing. I think I want to try and at least watch Colin and Greg live at the end of every day.

It's just tough, I get home from work around 7 pm and by the time I eat and sit down its 8, I only have a few hours before I go to bed and it's either watch a couple episodes of something or play a game. First world problems right? Haha.

But that's awesome you're able to watch it at work. I could actually listen to the podcasts at work but I find it hard to both focus and listen at the same time

Yeah, most of what I do at work is art, so it's pretty easy to do both at the same time. I can't watch when I'm writing emails or whatever, though.

MattyG

Banned
I have so many videos to catch up on. What would you guys say I absolutely have to watch from the last two weeks? I know a lot of people were talking about Colin & Greg Live on the 20th, so I figure I'll watch the archive of that at least.

Also, the daily videos posts will be starting back up on Monday. I'm just getting my bearings after a couple of back to back trips. They were fun, but it'll be nice to be back.

sora87

I'd say Greg's Minecraft Let's Play is essential, and the C&G Live's all week were just too funny. They're really losing their minds.

Choomp

Banned
I'd say Greg's Minecraft Let's Play is essential, and the C&G Live's all week were just too funny. They're really losing their minds.

Yeah, it's getting so wacky and fun. The Minecraft video was something to behold, and something about that 200cc Mario Kart video was so hilarious to me, said so much weird/hilarious shit, one of my favorite Lets Plays of theirs. The Mushroom King stuff was a riot.

It's allllll, perfectly legal.

flashmouth

Neo Member
That twitter pic, geez.

I hope this thread stays alive, it's the only place where I go to read something about their stuff. Keep it up Matty, their website isn't that great atm, so I really appreciate your direct links.

Speaking of their content, I really hate it when they release something drunk. I mean, sometimes it makes me chuckle, but for the most part it's just unprofessional and you can really tell, especially with Greg... I know they wanna have fun and they invest a lot of their time (and essentially freetime), but if they think of this as their new jobs, then please stop with the drunk recordings.

Other than that, I really love their stuff and finally let's plays seem to get better, too. I often get home from work, get something to eat and C&G LIVE is on (due to timeshift in Germany). It's better than a lot of German tv, that's for sure, and the broadcast hits before primetime, so that works out great for me.

N° 2048

Speeking of their content, I really hate it when they release something drunk. I mean, sometimes it makes me chuckle, but for the most part it's just unprofessional and you can really tell, especially with Greg... I know they wanna have fun and they invest a lot of their time (and esseantially freetime), but if they think of this as their new jobs, then please stop with the drunk recordings.

lol what? that's some of their best content.

I think we all knew going in Kinda Funny wasn't going to be anything professional.

Plus..

5XCsLiy.gif

That twitter pic, geez.

I hope this thread stays alive, it's the only place where I go to read something about their stuff. Keep it up Matty, their website isn't that great atm, so I really appreciate your direct links.

Speeking of their content, I really hate it when they release something drunk. I mean, sometimes it makes me chuckle, but for the most part it's just unprofessional and you can really tell, especially with Greg... I know they wanna have fun and they invest a lot of their time (and esseantially freetime), but if they think of this as their new jobs, then please stop with the drunk recordings.

Other than that, I really love their stuff and finally let's plays seem to get better, too. I often get home from work, get something to eat and C&G LIVE is on (due to timeshift in Germany). It's better than a lot of German tv, that's for sure, and the broadcast hits before primetime, so that works out great for me.

Are you talking about their official videos/scheduled stuff like podcasts, or just their random streamings? If they were releasing their officially scheduled stuff (Podcasts, Let's Plays, etc) drunk constantly, I could see that being a problem if the quality suffers. But if Greg gets home late one night drunk and decides to just start up a random Witcher 3 stream, I don't see why that's a problem - no one has to watch it if they don't want to.

That said, as much as I think it's pretty funny watching their drunk ramblings, I get where you're coming from. I just think maybe you're being a bit too harsh on it. But, to each their own.

Can we acknowledge that Greg took a college test for a viewer, with the chat, while he was drunk? Greatest thing ever when the score came back 12/20. We need more drunk streams.

Colin and Greg Live moments ago. Colin and Greg want them to visit, and some of the IGN guys want to as well, but IGN's management says no.

Damn you Peer!! That's stupid and petty since they never had a problem with Greg being on other podcasts back in the day. I wonder if this means Colin and Greg won't be at Beyond 400.

Damn you Peer!! That's stupid and petty since they never had a problem with Greg being on other podcasts back in the day. I wonder if this means Colin and Greg won't be at Beyond 400.

They way the seemed vague about showing up, I'm guessing no, they won't. I know this is probably not linked to the weirdness, but I find it (kinda) funny that Kinda Funny seems more associated with GameSpot than any other outlet. The majority of the news on Colin and Greg Live comes from GameSpot, many guests have come from GameSpot/Giant Bomb, and of course there is the E3 partnership.

Edit- And it was announced that Danny O'Dwyer of GameSpot is hosting Colin and Greg Live at GameSpot HQ tomorrow. You can still access it from the usual Kinda Funny Twitch channel.

Does that mean they can't have Goldfarb on the show? :(

Nope. Good thing he was on when he was still part of Gearbox. At the moment no one from IGN is allowed to visit Kinda Funny. At least Ryan Clements works for Sony. Unless Sony has a similar rule, he can still show up. That way, 3/4 hosts from Beyond's prime can be on Kinda Funny at the same time.

Choomp

Banned
"Jill Fortnight"

Oh my god, I love Nick Names. Absolutely hilarious.

"Phil" LOL

Nick Scarpino is my favorite. No, actually Colin I think. Screw it, I love them all equally, they all have great chemistry together too, even in Let's Plays they play off each other pretty well.

Nick Names is great! Hopefully though, they'll soon start the feature where Nick plays through some PlayStation games, such as Uncharted or The Last of Us. I think he'd have fun.

Kinda Funny Live is now up in its entirety on YouTube! 2.5 hours.

Gotta find time to watch it this week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?ab_channel=KindaFunny&v=2uJBDk0mFF4

Okay, this is great. Definitely going to watch it this afternoon. I have to imagine Colin's been joking all this time about cell-phone quality concert films, knowing that this footage was available instead.

edit: d'aww, Tim's girlfriend is so cute. Nice of her to show up on stage.
edit 2: OMG the after-credits scene! :D

Ugh people keep talking about how good C&G Live is and I can hardly catch it :/

Just watched Kinda Funny Live earlier today and it was amazing!

Top Bottom