• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

Choomp

Banned
Colin seems kind of off today. Hope the everything is good regarding the emergency he talked about in the beginning of the show.

ST2K

We got a good GOG this upcoming week. Very open and transparent about internal KF dealings, almost felt like a production meeting. I'll be interested to see the feedback.

MatParker1711

Neo Member
Doesn't look like KFL 2 will sell out, RT kinda screwed the pooch as they couldn't really plug the show on the LP channel because there fans complained.

MattyG

Banned
Well, the one rule of the game was "Shut up when you're dead" and the guys wouldn't shut up.

But yeah, every time there's something not Achievement Hunter in this channel the comments are fucking awful.
Everyone talked after they were dead. Seems like one of those "we follow it if it's serious but we're just having fun so it doesn't matter" type rules. Stupid thing to get up in arms about, but it's the YT comment section, so it's to be expected.

ST2K

I know the KF fans were in general not pleased with the Rooster Teeth/Let's Play partnership. Are the RT/AH/etc fans also not happy about it?

It's obviously difficult to generalize wide swaths of people like that, but yeah, I wouldn't say they're thrilled about it from what I've seen.

I know the KF fans were in general not pleased with the Rooster Teeth/Let's Play partnership. Are the RT/AH/etc fans also not happy about it?

It's hard to figure out. Going by comments in some of the videos: no. But it seems more often than not, it's mostly the people who are unhappy that post their opinions. There's a reason YouTube comments sections are considered to be one of the worst places on the internet. The people who were for the partnership could outnumber those against it, but the comments don't indicate it. They might just not be speaking up against the detractors because they don't think its a battle worth fighting. I think things will boil over eventually. Hopefully KFL2 will assuage some concerns.

Man I really need to try to go next year. I just figured out there's a train nearby that can get me to San Francisco pretty simply.

Spoiler for KFL2
Colin is Right is the name of a new show coming soon

Another!
Kinda Funny Doodles is gonna be an official thing now that gets posted to their channel.

RoKKeR

So the main announcements were...

-New show called Colin Was Right
-Kinda Funny Doodles coming weekly
-PS4 app
-New studio
-Kevin getting hitched

...anything else? Followed the show a little bit while I was out today, seems like it was a fun time.

-PS4 app
-New studio
-Kevin getting hitched

...anything else? Followed the show a little bit while I was out today, seems like it was a fun time.
I think that's it. Any details on the studio? I'm assuming it'll be a different place? Not working in their house is probably a good thing.

MattyG

Banned
The thing I most want to see from KFL2 when they upload it is Jack Tretton hosting the press conference. I can't believe they actually got him to do it.

https://twitter.com/KindaFunnyVids/status/736771527413137408

https://twitter.com/gambolingman/status/736833123493679108
NO. NO WAY. YOU'VE GOTTA BE SHITTING ME.

-PS4 app
-New studio
-Kevin getting hitched

Oh my god, this is so cool. Congrats, Kevin!

If I can get the money and someone to go with, I definitely will go next year.

sora87

Sounds like it was fun, hopefully they get the video done quick, I will be skipping any parts featuring the rooster teeth or funhause people though, really hope they're only in it for a few minutes

The monthly Patreon exclusive podcasts are up! The GOG episode is the PAX panel from last year and the GC episode is a 1 on 1 with Jeff Gerstmann.

Sorry for the double post

IGN's Sean Finnegan took some great photos

CjrLiGaUgAEFnzt.jpg:large

CjrMSfzUYAA96DP.jpg:large

CjrNL9fUoAEgJM6.jpg:large

RoKKeR

Sorry for the double post

IGN's Sean Finnegan took some great photos

These are great photos, glad they had someone who knew what they were doing with a camera there! Middle one especially is nice.

Are they going to put the full thing up at any point like they did last year?

These are great photos, glad they had someone who knew what they were doing with a camera there! Middle one especially is nice.

Are they going to put the full thing up at any point like they did last year?

They said they would post stuff. I do wonder if it will be presented for all, or if it will be made to be one of the monthly exclusives. For instance, this month's GOG exclusive is the 2015 PAX Prime (now PAX West) panel. Next month is apparently the 2016 PAX East panel. So, with those being made exclusive, I wonder if KFL2 would be. I think it would be definitely worth the dollar.

Yeah, I know what you mean actually.

I think this will make stuff more professional though and maybe help grow the fanbase

I think it'll help their relationships too. You can tell they've been strained at times and I think part of that is doing everything out of a single house that also functions as some of their homes.

Hopefully a studio helps them separate work from life better and get that balance

Yeah but I'm really gonna miss the house lol, something about it made everything so real, genuine and silly

Yeah, I know what you mean actually.

I think this will make stuff more professional though and maybe help grow the fanbase
All true but I do think that it effected their private life a lot your basically on call 24/7 and have no more private space anymore.
Now they can build more sets and when they go home, they will GO HOME for them as well.

I think it'll help their relationships too. You can tell they've been strained at times and I think part of that is doing everything out of a single house that also functions as some of their homes.

Hopefully a studio helps them separate work from life better and get that balance
Agreed, it really is needed. The GOG episode the other week highlighted that. If you didn't already listen/watch it was called how to make Kinda Funny better or something.. They talked about the fact they increasingly see each other as colleagues rather than friends like they did.

All true but I do think that it effected their private life a lot your basically on call 24/7 and have no more private space anymore.
Now they can build more sets and when they go home, they will GO HOME for them as well.

Definitely, I have family members who work from home and even that can be a bit dodgy.. With what they do it would be quite horrible. The fact that it isn't just them working in their home probably makes that even worse.

By the way guys, the patreon exclusive GOG next month is with Greg's mum.. That'll be super interesting. I don't back as I'm a poor student (I did before) but might do this month as that sounds interesting.

Top Bottom