• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

Anyone see the weirdness on Colin and Greg Live today? I wouldn't normally bring up gossip like this but since Greg mentioned it on the show and admitted to it, it might be worth mentioning here.

Basically:
-Part way through the C&GL Greg sees something on his computer, Colin looks at it, Greg says something along the lines of "I don't want to get into this"
-Immediately after Colin reads a tip that I'll sum up as "Hey Greg, it worked, I totally got laid"
-Colin doesn't seem to understand what's going on
-Greg mentions that what he was reading on their monitor was someone asking for Greg's thoughts on "rape by deception"
-Greg tells the story that at KFL2 him and some other guests helped another guy deceive a girl by telling her he was a Kinda Funny co-founder so she'd sleep with him
-Afterwards they moved on

Again, I'm paraphrasing, you'll have to watch the archive. Even if the girl was upset, I can't see charges being filed for claiming to be something your not. That said I'm personally very uncomfortable with the idea that someone was tricked into sleeping with someone else who wasn't what they said they were, especially in this community.

MattyG

Banned
Anyone see the weirdness on Colin and Greg Live today? I wouldn't normally bring up gossip like this but since Greg mentioned it on the show and admitted to it, it might be worth mentioning here.

Basically:
-Part way through the C&GL Greg sees something on his computer, Colin looks at it, Greg says something along the lines of "I don't want to get into this"
-Immediately after Colin reads a tip that I'll sum up as "Hey Greg, it worked, I totally got laid"
-Colin doesn't seem to understand what's going on
-Greg mentions that what he was reading on their monitor was someone asking for Greg's thoughts on "rape by deception"
-Greg tells the story that at KFL2 him and some other guests helped another guy deceive a girl by telling her he was a Kinda Funny co-founder so she'd sleep with him
-Afterwards they moved on

Again, I'm paraphrasing, you'll have to watch the archive. Even if the girl was upset, I can't see charges being filed for claiming to be something your not. That said I'm personally very uncomfortable with the idea that someone was tricked into sleeping with someone else who wasn't what they said they were, especially in this community.
I'm watching it right now.

With just this very brief synopsis you posted, these are pretty much my thoughts on it: That's a really shitty thing to do, mostly on the guy's part. Edit: Just finished that bit of C&GL though, and from the way Greg tells it, it sounds like he didn't expect it to go the direction that it did. It sounds like Greg did it with fairly innocent intentions and in a jokey way, expecting the girl to realize what was going on or for the guy to tell her and have it be a joke in the end. And if the girl slept with him solely because he claimed to be the cofounder of Kinda Funny, then... I don't know, that's what makes it weird. Was it the claim that made her willing to sleep with him or was she headed down that road with the guy anyway?

It's really hard to say since I've never personally experienced a situation like that before, but I feel like Greg and the other best friends that said it did it without thinking it would be a big deal, just being caught up in the moment and having fun, and then this guy took it as an easy route to sex. So yeah, I agree that it makes me uncomfortable, but more with the guy taking advantage of the lie and less with Greg and the best friends that were involved.

ST2K

(who I'm assuming is another KF fan?)

No, she was just a random lady that was in the same hostel as the KF fan.

No one is at fault for anything here, except maybe the KF fan if the only reason she slept with him is because she thought he was the boss. I find it difficult to believe that's the case though. It's also bizzare that the only reason someone would sleep with someone is because they're the head of some internet company.

It's also kind of creepy that we're talking about this! We should probably not.

That's weird. Hopefully she isn't too bothered by it after she figures out the truth then. Situation seems somewhat odd though lol.

I don't see how it's any different than talking about anything else happening in the community.

Around what time do they talk about it at?

Colin sees the screen around 23:30 and the tip gets read at 26:20.

Here's what the tip from Robert said:

"Hey Greg just wanted to update the community with what happened. After the meet and greet at the Mariot it worked, the Danish girl bought the entire story that we all created and your boy got laid".

From what Greg said after the tweet was read it was his idea to trick the girl.

No one is at fault for anything here, except maybe the KF fan if the only reason she slept with him is because she thought he was the boss. I find it difficult to believe that's the case though. It's also bizzare that the only reason someone would sleep with someone is because they're the head of some internet company.

It's also kind of creepy that we're talking about this! We should probably not.

Yeah but the problem is if part of the reason she was so impressed by him was that she was under the impression all those people hanging around from the meet and greet were there for him. In the chat PierreCreates says people went up to him and asked to get pictures. I don't know, the whole thing sounds bad, IMHO.
And again, if Colin and Greg brought it up on one of their shows, I think it's fair game to talk about.

If you have a Giant Bomb subscription you can now listen to the newest episode of their premium podcast, Danswers (Dan Ryckert and Danny O'Dwyer's life advice/experience podcast). Greg is this episode's guest. I hope they get Colin one day.

ST2K

If you have a Giant Bomb subscription you can now listen to the newest episode of their premium podcast, Danswers (Dan Ryckert and Danny O'Dwyer's life advice/experience podcast). Greg is this episode's guest. I hope they get Colin one day.

It's a fantastic episode too. Anyone who has a GB sub should listen.

Patron exclusive 1 on 1 with Jeff is up.

Yeah. It posted last week. It's a very good listen. The GameOverGreggy Show exclusive is the PAX Prime 2015 panel (also, a very good listen). I think the next set is one with Greg's mom and one with Colin's. They also say they'll have the PAX East 2016 panel as a GOG exclusive eventually. I wonder if the Kinda Funny Live 2 stuff will be made as exclusive podcasts.

ST2K

I really hope they don't end up using panels as filler for the exclusive podcasts. They're too good when they sit down to do actual podcasts and pump out stuff like Greg's supervillain plan or the 1-on-1 with Colin and Greg.

I really hope they don't end up using panels as filler for the exclusive podcasts. They're too good when they sit down to do actual podcasts and pump out stuff like Greg's supervillain plan or the 1-on-1 with Colin and Greg.

I think they just didn't have the time to record a traditional exclusive due to KFL2 planning .

When does the 1 on 1 with Greg and his mom go up? He told me on Twitter that the urine cup behind the dresser is addressed in this video. Can't wait.

ST2K

I think they just didn't have the time to record a traditional exclusive due to KFL2 planning .

Yeah, I understand that and am perfectly content with that in super busy times. Just saying I hope they don't rely on that type of thing in the future.

LiK

Have you listen to it yet? Not subscribed at the time, but I don't to if all they are talking about is Jeff's well-known history. :p

It's pretty great insight into GB as a business and his work ethic. Brand new stuff and I've been following Jeff since VideoGames.com.

ST2K

Tim said he would figure out a way to do it like 6 months ago, and then never did it. Greg said recently it would probably never happen because they're too busy and it's too low on the priority list.

Just fork over the buck and get 18 hours of content, ya cheapskates. =P

Tim said he would figure out a way to do it like 6 months ago, and then never did it. Greg said recently it would probably never happen because they're too busy and it's too low on the priority list.

Just fork over the buck and get 18 hours of content, ya cheapskates. =P

I already do! Wonderful content! Just wish the first Gamescast exclusive was on YouTube. I had to create a Vimeo account to watch it.

That's a really strong partnership.

It was even stronger last year. Kinda Funny was working with GameSpot last E3. They had full GameSpot credentials (media badges, passes, etc.). They hosted their interviews on the second GameSpot stage. And all the content they did was featured on GameSpot and not Kinda Funny's YouTube channel. It was dubbed Kinda Funny x GameSpot.

Volotaire

Is there a specific reason for why Kinda Funny are not doing full E3 reaction streams i.e. during the conferences? Apologies if I have missed some of their messaging.

sora87

Is there a specific reason for why Kinda Funny are not doing full E3 reaction streams i.e. during the conferences? Apologies if I have missed some of their messaging.

Cki2DBbVAAAQehU.jpg

That's all their plans, I think someone like Colin wants to just watch the conference and not talk over it

I love Giant Bomb's talk-over-the-conferences-style-E3-coverage. I asked Greg is they'd consider something similar. Didn't hear anything. Even if they don't stream it live, I think it'd be fun to have something recording just in case something particularly crazy happens. I have to see Tim's reaction if Crash is indeed coming back (and not just as part of Skylanders).

ST2K

Wow, I didn't watch their reactions live and I'm just watching their reaction to Ubisoft now. Them flipping out about how long it was seems extremely over the top. I would've barely cut anything from that conference. Love that they emphasized showing gameplay over simple trailers. And For Honor has been the game I'm most interested in that has been shown to this point.

EDIT: And now I watched the MS conference reactions and they're just effusive with their praise and talking up Scorpio. Oh dear.

Volotaire

Kinda Funny at E3

Sunday:

Twitch Archives:
Kinda Funny E3 Extravaganza: EA Press Conference Pre-Show
Kinda Funny E3 Extravaganza: EA Press Conference Post-Show

Conferences:
Kinda Funny Talks Over The EA E3 2016 Press Conference (Live Reactions!)
Kinda Funny Talks Over The Bethesda E3 2016 Press Conference (Live Reactions!)

Reactions to Conferences:
Star Wars! EA Press Conference Reactions! - Kinda Funny Gamescast E3 2016
Prey! Bethesda Press Conference Reactions! - Kinda Funny Gamescast E3 2016

Various Reactions:
Batman: First Look at Telltale Game - Kinda Funny Reacts E3 2016
Injustice 2 E3 2016 Trailer - Kinda Funny Reacts
Lego Dimensions Year 2 E3 2016 Trailer - Kinda Funny Reacts
Walking Dead Season 3 E3 2016 Trailer - Kinda Funny Reacts
Mass Effect: Andromeda E3 2016 Trailer - Kinda Funny Reacts
Battlefield 1 E3 2016 Trailer - Kinda Funny Reacts
Watch Dogs 2 E3 2016 Trailer - Kinda Funny Reacts
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 E3 2016 Trailer - Kinda Funny Reacts
Cuphead E3 2016 Gameplay - Kinda Funny Reacts
Horizon: Zero Dawn E3 2016 Trailer - Kinda Funny Reacts
Titanfall 2 E3 2016 Trailers - Kinda Funny Reacts
Prey E3 2016 Trailer - Kinda Funny Reacts

Monday:

Twitch Archives:
Kinda Funny E3 Extravaganza: Microsoft Press Conference Pre-Show
Kinda Funny E3 Extravaganza: Ubisoft Press Conference Pre-Show
Kinda Funny E3 Extravaganza: Sony Press Conference Pre-Show

Conferences:
Kinda Funny Talks Over The Microsoft E3 2016 Press Conference (Live Reactions!)
Kinda Funny Talks Over The Ubisoft E3 2016 Press Conference (Live Reactions!)
Kinda Funny Talks Over The Sony E3 2016 Press Conference (Live Reactions!)

Reactions to Conferences:
Project Scorpio Is Real! Microsoft Press Conference Reactions! - Kinda Funny Gamescast E3 2016
South Park! Ubisoft Press Conference Reactions! - Kinda Funny Gamescast E3 2016
YEAR OF DREAMS 2! PlayStation Press Conference Reactions! - PS I Love You XOXO E3 2016

Various Reactions:
State of Decay 2 E3 2016 Trailer - Kinda Funny Reacts
Dead Rising 4 E3 2016 Trailer - Kinda Funny Reacts
New Xbox Hardware! - Kinda Funny Reacts E3 2016
Recore E3 2016 Trailer - Kinda Funny Reacts
We Happy Few E3 2016 Trailer - Kinda Funny Reacts
South Park: The Fractured But Whole E3 2016 Trailer - Kinda Funny Reacts
Ghost Recon: Wildlands E3 2016 Trailer - Kinda Funny Reacts

Very useful. Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it.

Top Bottom