• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

ST2K

The gamescast this week is crazy! One of the best episodes ever.

The topic is top 100 games of all time.

Can't wait for Colin to cram in 40 NES titles and claim they're all better than anything that's come out in the past 10 years. =P

ST2K

I want to give props to Colin.
He seems self-aware about his NES nostalgia and rightfully acknowledges that Gamecube is better than PS2. Major respect.

can someone tell me if any ratchet & clank game is on that list

Haven't gotten far enough in the episode yet to tell you which, but it looks like they're going to give one of the later ones a spot. edit: crack in time confirmed

brawly

This whole list thing was terribly handled, although I much prefered Tim's approach it. Listing five sequels in one generation is ridiculous.

LiK

Batman Telltale Series review was spot the fucking on. Loved it as well and I'm glad they called them out on the shitty engine. Man, Telltale needs a brand new one. Not even this reworked engine was any good.

Xeroblade

Hey KF GAF, any of you play PS4 GTA online and wanna join in on the fun with the Kinda Funny Best Friends? Come join the crew Here KFBF for heists, biker stuff, ceo, etc.

Also if you would like, please follow the Kinda Funny Best Friends Twitch channel to play along with the community during Community Game Nights!

Click picture below to join!

Hey KF GAF, any of you play PS4 GTA online and wanna join in on the fun with the Kinda Funny Best Friends? Come join the crew Here KFBF for heists, biker stuff, ceo, etc.

Also if you would like, please follow the Kinda Funny Best Friends Twitch channel to play along with the community during Community Game Nights!

Click picture below to join!

Thanks I have send out a request to ion the crew :)

I may be wrong, but I think there is a big stream or something next week to celebrate the 2 year anniversary of Kinda Funny*.

*Despite the fact Kinda Funny was actually created in October 2014 (or August 2012 if going by the channel's actual history).

The way I see it, August 2012 was the pilot release (when it started as the GameOverGreggy channel on YouTube, along with the first episode of A Conversation with Colin- The Ingenious Ant), October 2014 was the soft release (when the Patreons were started and the name change to Kinda Funny), and January 2015 was the grand release (when they quit IGN to go full time with Kinda Funny).

RoKKeR

I may be wrong, but I think there is a big stream or something next week to celebrate the 2 year anniversary of Kinda Funny*.

*Despite the fact Kinda Funny was actually created in October 2014 (or August 2012 if going by the channel's actual history).

The way I see it, August 2012 was the pilot release (when it started as the GameOverGreggy channel on YouTube, along with the first episode of A Conversation with Colin- The Ingenious Ant), October 2014 was the soft release (when the Patreons were started and the name change to Kinda Funny), and January 2015 was the grand release (when they quit IGN to go full time with Kinda Funny).

I remember hearing something like that as well, like they're going to lay out their plans for the year or something.

I've enjoyed listening to the 100 games Gamescast on and off over the holidays... so many old games I've either never heard about or have never played, but super interesting nonetheless.

Karu

These things always take hundreds of years to come to German cities, non-speaking of smaller cities and towns, so I am not worried in that respect right now, but it is certainly a very interesting topic. I don't think Amazon Go will be specifically the huge thing, but the technology? Sure, maybe.

Nick's comment in regards to being surprised that it isn't all online, was hard to relate to. I think those super fast delivery types, were you get literally everything from them in a day, is very dependend on were you live.

Finished the video. One of those topics that feel far to vast and complicated for these people to discuss it in an appropriate manner.
Also: Unemployment will be a sure-way and serious problem! Social Security would be one solution.
Nick: "Muuuh taxes, they just gonna all slack off muhh", sitting there with his nice coffee on a fucking shoot-your-shit podcast.... man...

Nick's comment in regards to being surprised that it isn't all online, was hard to relate to. I think those super fast delivery types, were you get literally everything from them in a day, is very dependend on were you live.

I live in rural PA and I can't get stuff with one day shipping. I've tried a few times and it never arrives on time (I then call to get the shipping fee refunded). Hell, even the two day shipping can be iffy sometimes depending on what I'm ordering.

Choomp

Banned
Inside is his GOTY over Uncharted? Interesting, can't say I was expecting that. Nice work on his list overall though.

Damn I miss C&G Live. When's it come back?

Hmm. I thought it was supposed to today. I'm guessing tomorrow? Also, off topic, but I'm sure it'll be of interest to some here, tomorrow night is Sony's CES press conference. It will be streamed live at 5:00 PM Pacific/8:00 PM Eastern/1:00 GMT via Ustream (hopefully YouTube as well).

I just have to say, the Top 100 games episode was the worst episode of anything they have put out. Such a lazy, unprepared video and it basically sums up what's wrong with the channel.

I don't think he's ever called Titanfall 2 anything less than a good-to-great game, so... no? Lol
Yeah he prefaces it as good and then rants for five minutes or more about how it's a failure and it's not nearly as good as CoD and Battlefield and there won't be a Titanfall 3. He's done it on multiple Colin and Gregs, Gamecasts, and PS I Love Yous.

Karu

I just have to say, the Top 100 games episode was the worst episode of anything they have put out. Such a lazy, unprepared video and it basically sums up what's wrong with the channel.
I was so mad (relatively speaking ofc :D) and definitely turned me off. The end was basically lol fuck this kkthxbye...

I was so mad (relatively speaking ofc :D) and definitely turned me off. The end was basically lol fuck this kkthxbye...

I actually can't believe they had the nerve to name the video Top 100, spend 4 parts boringly just naming games they've played before, and then just end it without whittling it down because they had 169 games on the list (seriously, grow up guys).

That's how the Top 100 video ended? I figured it would end with them discussing and debating how to whittle the list down at least. That saves me some time I suppose...

FYI Kevin told me on twitter that Kinda Funny Day stream will be 11am-4pm (PST) Thursday (roughly) can't wait to see what they have in store and to see KFL2 video bit worried i will be distracted as very tall/big and in front row so might be all over the footage on catwalk, hate looking at myself lol.

ghornett

Neo Member
I think it was just one of the last ones they recorded and it shows.
I can't wait to see what they announce on Thursday.

Yikes, you guys weren't kidding, that top-100 games video is BAD. The ending especially seems to lack any respect for the listener's time.

Yeah I figured it was just people overreacting but it's shockingly lazy.

And I hate the term lazy because I know the KF guys work very hard but it's clear the effort that should have gone into this video was spent on something else

Colin Was Right: Official Episode 1.

Best episode yet. I'm glad to see he took notes on the pacing as it was darn near perfect here. One minor audio glitch (I'm assuming he had to record some extra dialogue after-the-fact), but otherwise... great job.

On the subject matter, I haven't bought a Nintendo console since the N64 and that was only because I got it for a penny. Yeah, you read that correctly... 1¢. With the Switch, if they can produce some great games at an affordable entry price and figure out a way to make your virtual store purchases carry over with your account, I may buy one.

But, I have zero faith Nintendo will not mess this up in some way. And if they do... Mario Kart on PS4, here we come.

Choomp

Banned
Oh shit :(. So Colin isn't gonna be around that much really then? Gonna miss old school(lol) C&G live.

New member of the group is community manager Joey Noelle. I've seen her around the internet in KF stuff, seems cool.

Oh shit :(. So Colin isn't gonna be around that much really then? Gonna miss old school(lol) C&G live.

New member of the group is community manager Joey Noelle. I've seen her around the internet in KF stuff, seems cool.

I tuned in a little late...is he taking a smaller role in the company or just a smaller role in the KF Morning Show?

Choomp

Banned
I tuned in a little late...is he taking a smaller role in the company or just a smaller role in the KF Morning Show?

I'm not sure, I tuned in as they were talking about it too. It seems like he's not gonna be around for most of the twitch stuff but will still be a player in PS I Love You/Gamescast and stuff

The latter. Colin Was Right is Colin's focus. He'll show up on KFMS (when possible) on Thursdays and Fridays. Also, new hire! Congrats to Joey Noelle in becoming Community Manager for Kinda Funny!

AndyVirus

I liked the idea behind it (yes it's a simple one anybody could do) but making a top 100 list for their milestone episode is appropriate. I watched the episodic format and it was going fine bar them shitting the bed by having Mega Man 5 listed twice. But then part 4 came around and it was evident they didn't care about making any sort of serious list so I kinda felt like I'd wasted 90 minutes on hearing their critiques and "we'll come back to that" only for them here to throw on any old 7th gen game, ignore PC in its entirety and wrap it up as if they were late to get burritos.

Top Bottom