• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

mdubs

Banned
The reaction to the Vita relocation program in the other thread is mindblowing sad, and reaffirms the impression that the crew has of users of this forum. I'm really saddened as a member of this community that there is such vitriol towards them trying to do something good

Demoskinos

Hilarious. Colin apparently blocked me on twitter. Whats funnier is I've never tweeted the guy ever. He must search his own name because he's that much of an egomaniac.

The reaction to the Vita relocation program in the other thread is mindblowing sad, and reaffirms the impression that the crew has of users of this forum. I'm really saddened as a member of this community that there is such vitriol towards them trying to do something good

Greg's over exuberance has always rubbed people the wrong way even going back to his IGN Days.

Colin has just pissed a lot of people off recently, so it's to be expected.

Hilarious. Colin apparently blocked me on twitter. Whats funnier is I've never tweeted the guy ever. He must search his own name because he's that much of an egomaniac.

Congrats! Being blocked by a fake internet celebrity is proof you've made it in the internet world!

Which thread? The PS I Love You one? I haven't seen anyone mention the Vita video over there. The only stuff is about the Game Awards.

Edit- Is there a thread devoted to the Vita video? If so, I don't know if a thread for that is really warranted.

Edit 2- Found it. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1321617&highlight=relocation

Mezoly

Which thread? The PS I Love You one? I haven't seen anyone mention the Vita video over there. The only stuff is about the Game Awards.

Edit- Is there a thread devoted to the Vita video? If so, I don't know if a thread for that is really warranted.
The vita relocation program has its own thread. It's pretty sad how people are against donation. Or worse calling them scam.

Mezoly

HAHAHA. I was watching IGN's PSX coverage. Looks like somebody got a video wall... I wonder where they got that idea from? ;P

Link?
I can't believe they didn't know Nadine name in the Uncharted react. I like Max and Alanah but they are clearly not PlayStation hardcore. In fact I don't think anyone at IGN is that anymore.

Mezoly

Tim beaten The Last Guardian and he is going to review it for the Gamescast. Tim has been the real mvp of the group for me recently.

Ha cool, I figured there must've been a Kinda Funny thread somewhere. Been a fan of Colin and Greg since they first teamed up on Beyond and have been following them ever since.

About Tim - I definitely don't jive with his gaming tastes and his 'blissful ignorance' sorta schtick annoyed me but he won me over during before and during the elections. He spoke up to Colin and was able to hold his own and he really made a sincere effort to understand what was happening with current events.

And now a question for you best friends: Does anyone know if/where you can download or get an mp3 of Colin and Greg Live? I'm almost always at work when the show happens and I only really have time to watch/listen when I'm on a bus and have no wifi.

Ha cool, I figured there must've been a Kinda Funny thread somewhere. Been a fan of Colin and Greg since they first teamed up on Beyond and have been following them ever since.

About Tim - I definitely don't jive with his gaming tastes and his 'blissful ignorance' sorta schtick annoyed me but he won me over during before and during the elections. He spoke up to Colin and was able to hold his own and he really made a sincere effort to understand what was happening with current events.

And now a question for you best friends: Does anyone know if/where you can download or get an mp3 of Colin and Greg Live? I'm almost always at work when the show happens and I only really have time to watch/listen when I'm on a bus and have no wifi.

There's a patreon Tier to get the YouTube video of it. Then you can use a YouTube-MP3 downloader and get it that way.

The GoG show this week has been great with Troy. Such an intelligent man and great conversationalist.

Choomp

Banned
Solid takes from Colin on the Final Fantasy news that surfaced this morning. I myself am not really happy with the state of how AAA releases go nowadays.

Mezoly

Solid takes from Colin on the Final Fantasy news that surfaced this morning. I myself am not really happy with the state of how AAA releases go nowadays.

Meh, he was determined to hate the game before release. I would've cared about his opinion more if he has played it more than 2 hours.

ST2K

Yeah, I don't really disagree with Colin's point in a vacuum. But he's generally not the person to go to for opinions on Final Fantasy games released in the last decade and a half. =P

RoKKeR

Colin Was Right (New Kinda Funny Games Show!)

I can't share it, but the first of the pilot episodes is out right now for Patrons at the $1 level on the KFG Patreon. Two more will release this month for Patrons. The first non-Patreon episode will release in January.
Um, holy shit, this is looking amazing. I honestly didn't know what to expect from this but it feels right for a show anchored by Colin. I'm sure it will adapt and change over time, but seeing him spell out very clearly his influences from Sterling to Oliver has me excited.

This is the kind of content that I would have to imagine they might start to do more of as they grow. This definitely looks like a good place to start.

Editing was pretty slick as well.

Um, holy shit, this is looking amazing. I honestly didn't know what to expect from this but it feels right for a show anchored by Colin. I'm sure it will adapt and change over time, but seeing him spell out very clearly his influences from Sterling to Oliver has me excited.

This is the kind of content that I would have to imagine they might start to do more of as they grow. This definitely looks like a good place to start.

Editing was pretty slick as well.

Yeah it looks great. Just be prepared for episodes where he has a very contrarian viewpoint. The comments on YouTube (and likely here) will probably be entertaining. That first real episode was great. All Patrons should check it out. It's very slick and well produced.

Also, after watching that promo video, I really want them to get John Oliver to guest on The GameOverGreggy Show. That must be done!

Nbz

I'm sure Colin will find his groove, but at the moment I don't think that scripted content fits him. Something about the cadence and the way he delivers a script feels very awkward and off, like you can totally tell he is reading from a prompter.

Maybe being a little more off the cuff like Jim Sterling and Kyle Bosman would help out, but yeah, not feeling it just yet

MattyG

Banned
I'm sure Colin will find his groove, but at the moment I don't think that scripted content fits him. Something about the cadence and the way he delivers a script feels very awkward and off, like you can totally tell he is reading from a prompter.

Maybe being a little more off the cuff like Jim Sterling and Kyle Bosman would help out, but yeah, not feeling it just yet
I agree. I love Colin, but I've always found his script reading to be just a tad off. I'm sure he'll get in the groove eventually though.

Came to this thread to see if anyone else felt the same actually.

The script read is real robotic in that video. Definitely needs to practice that.

killroy87

This video is really fun. I do wish they were a bit more clear and upfront (both at the beginning of the video and in the description) about when they're doing paid content though. It's not in the description at all, which is a bit of a YouTube faux pas. They say they "teamed up" with the company, which could mean a million things.

graybot

This video is really fun. I do wish they were a bit more clear and upfront (both at the beginning of the video and in the description) about when they're doing paid content though. It's not in the description at all, which is a bit of a YouTube faux pas. They say they "teamed up" with the company, which could mean a million things.
Seems fairly obvious to me that they were being sponsored

I agree with Colin on most things ... except CoD:IW being better than Titanfall 2. They're similar in a lot of ways yet I think Titanfall 2 is better in every way.

mdubs

Banned
I feel like Tim in recent months has really made an effort to improve his knowledge and hosting skills, so shoutout to him for that. Also if you're reading this Tim you should watch the anime Haikyu!!

Colin Was Right (New Kinda Funny Games Show!)

I can't share it, but the first of the pilot episodes is out right now for Patrons at the $1 level on the KFG Patreon. Two more will release this month for Patrons. The first non-Patreon episode will release in January.

I listened to the first episode (the remaster one), and I really like it. It's a great start - he's still getting comfortable reading off a script, but I think that the format is really good because it allows him to deliver a more nuanced argument.

The Kinda Hunnies GOG is up on Patreon! Great way to close out a great year for Kinda Funny.

Listening to it right now, and it's great

Mezoly

I agree with Colin on most things ... except CoD:IW being better than Titanfall 2. They're similar in a lot of ways yet I think Titanfall 2 is better in every way.

I can't judge them both as I haven't finished IW yet. However, I finished Titanfall 2 in two settings and IW campaign hasn't grabbed me after several sessions. IW is prettier and has better story presentation(i.e. cutscenes) which I presume is more to the liking of Colin. Also changing the controls to bumper jump has completely changed Titanfall 2 for me and made it incredibly fun to play. I could wall run and aim which is something Colin mentioned he can't do so I presume he didn't change it to bumper jump.

Listening to the Gamescast Exclusive Episode, man Greg is ruthless! But he's right, when you write negative stuff on the internet, it can come back to bite you in a big way.

Mezoly

Colin implying the critical scores for The Last Guardian and FFXV are wrong and equivalent them to fake news is one of the worst things he ever said. Because these score didn't match his pre conceived perceptions of those game, when he only played FFXV for 2 hours and the The Last Guardian for 1 hour. Even Tim laughed at that notion. He is completely going on the deep end for me. The only reason I still watch is Tim.

Colin implying the critical scores for The Last Guardian and FFXV are wrong and equivalent them to fake news is one of the worst things he ever said. Because these score didn't match his pre conceived perceptions of those game, when he only played FFXV for 2 hours and the The Last Guardian for 1 hour. Even Tim laughed at that notion. He is completely going on the deep end for me. The only reason I still watch is Tim.

This year has been really odd for KF. Tim's really stepped up his game - more researched, less timid - but at the same time I find myself enjoying less Colin & Greg's content. There was a time I'd watch C&G Live every day, but not anymore.

Nick is still fantastic.

killroy87

Where did he say this specifically?

killroy87

Today's gamecast about the Last Guardian. It's in the last 5 minutes of the Youtube segment.

Hmm, it didn't really bother me. I disagree, but I know what he's saying. If anything, the cards would be stacked against these games, not for them. A game with 10 years of expectations is judged more harshly, not handled with kid gloves. That The Last Guardian is reviewing well is a minor miracle, all things considered.

That said, Tim was right to laugh it off and be the voice of reason saying "well, that's why you just need to find people you trust." That's sound advice for any review, not just Last Guardian and FFXV.

sora87

He really can't stand the fact they both didn't fail like he foretold. #colinwaswrong :)

Mezoly

Hmm, it didn't really bother me. I disagree, but I know what he's saying. If anything, the cards would be stacked against these games, not for them. A game with 10 years of expectations is judged more harshly, not handled with kid gloves. That The Last Guardian is reviewing well is a minor miracle, all things considered.

That said, Tim was right to laugh it off and be the voice of reason saying "well, that's why you just need to find people you trust." That's sound advice for any review, not just Last Guardian and FFXV.

I agree with what you said. But I feel he is feeding into the mentality that some people have, that game reviews are off. Which is something him and particularly Greg fought against when they were at IGN.

Oh and Colin made it sound that these games got better reviews than they should but that's just my interpretation of his talk.

For the find people to trust comment, it used to be Colin and Greg. But now their taste in games has diverged so much from mine that I can't rely on their opinion. They are PlayStation people, that don't like a lot of what PlayStation offers. Let me list it: God of War, Souls/Bloodborne, Team Ico games, Media Molecules games, Infamous second son, Gravity Rush, GT and MLB. Other than Naughty Dog they like nothing else. People will mention Horizon, when Horizon comes out Colin will play it for 2 hours and say it has too many side quests.

Eh, I thought The Last Guardian topic made for a good discussion even with Greg and Colin hardly playing any of it. Of course, it wouldn't have worked well without Tim. I thought it was overall a good listen.

Top Bottom