• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

GrayFoxPL

Game's already available here in Peru lol. Will get it next month though as I don't want to get distracted from some stuff, Pokémon Go is already taking a lot of my time.

2qAojvv.jpg

vClOylX.gif

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Not a single copy in Argentina... SMH ATLUS SMH!! >_<

BadWolf

Via SRK, there is hope:

Ladies & gentlemen. I must say this now. If servers hold up on launch day and the game still feels like this, KOFXIV online is great.

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/763846112381894656?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

qcf x2

KoF out early in Peru and people saying they're gonna wait because of Pokemon Go. O cursed spite.

What are the odds Amazon ships mine early? 0%?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
* That guy up there got it, ignore me ;-) *
That was fast, though. Which is to be expected, really. Lets see how long it takes for the story and endings to get spoil'd now! ;-)

HardRojo

KoF out early in Peru and people saying they're gonna wait because of Pokemon Go. O cursed spite.

What are the odds Amazon ships mine early? 0%?
Heh, I really want to play KoF, but university starts next Monday and I'm going away on a 5 day trip in 2 weeks, so basically I won't have time to play it till next month, and the little time I got I'm dedicating to Pokémon Go until the hype dies down (probably by the end of the month), even SFV has gotten sidelined by me until Urien is available.

Tizoc

i know this is published by atlus but that is going a little too far
Why are we even worried about spoilers in a thread where the entire case had already been revealed

Relique

Lots of NY stores seem to be breaking the street date on this. I am not from NY so I gotta wait. Should have mine early next week though. Excited to jump in.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
O-K... Will be on the lookout for it.

-----

So, We learn the potential name of the last boss... creature... thing... from the Another World Team. (Which is mentioned to look like a group out of an anime convention), there's obvious mention of Whip in the Ikari story, and they ALSO mention the time manipulations that occurred during "The last Tournament", which they remember as ending without issue.

And Ralf keeps poking fun at K' being a scared boy who should run home and sleep to avoid the shadow of NEST.

I'm enjoying these, even fi their editing leaves something to be desired. And apparently, Antonov was given a team that he was SUPPOSE to invite to the tourney, but he decided to piecemeal together his own invitational team instead. He says he has no use for a team that gets by on looks alone.

*Keeps on reading*

Just read them all

It seems SNK threw in a shrewd Dan reference talking about "that fake Kyokugen out there"

So K' Team is on good terms with the Ikari Warriors now

Lol at Joe's reputation being ruined by the guy in drag from the Ash saga. "The savage internet culture" indeed.

How the heck does the Another World team travel dimensions? They talk about traversing worlds like no big deal but don't bother mentioning how they do it. It's funny to see them confused by the likes of "tee vee" and "Kay oh eff"

Kim's story read like the common sitcom episode of visiting parents

So it's definitely confirmed that Tizoc is after Nelson

The Official Invitation story is quite confusing as dialog is jumbled together. There seems to be this ominous line at the end, but it's hard to tell who said it.

Bao and Momoko are definitely still around, maybe we'll see them next time?

Edit: lol at "Special sports event in Rio" Talk about timing.

Anyway, I just reloaded the page to check a few things as I typed and they added a new Hiroaki artwork!

Loona

I thought it was no longer plamore

Legally they still are, although the branding started changing some months ago.

Interesting bit in the Yagami team story: "Drawn by the scent of life, the dead are gathering. And I can hear their voices perfectly, Yagami! ...You could have awakened from your nightmares if you had just given up your power and chosen to live as a human back then!"

Nice to see them acknowledging the XIII ending, and I wonder how relevant the "dead" thing will be in later games - could mean the return of some favorites, for one...

In the FF team: "Looks like things didn't work out between Mary, Yuri, and Kasumi, so they weren't able to form a team together." - hints for XV's cast?... And Joe is hitting on girls other than Lilly Kane now?...

And WTH, now there's a Kyokugen BBQ restaurant? The dojo must be having a really hard time keeping students... Takuma's training methods sure can be unforgiving... Also, yay Marco Rodriguez nod.

I wonder if Chang and Choi are referencing their drinking binge with Ramon in that one XIII story mode scene... And what an interesting lines from Xanadu, considering the Another World team also references space-time:
"So you have found me at last... A captive of the curvature of space-time, a potato in a tailspin."
"The path is already open. The coupling of time and space! Namely, freedom!"
"You must scatter. Split everything and then merge! Wahahahahaha!"

I wonder if the sponsor-suggested characters known for their looks Antonov turned down were established characters, or even members of the US sports team...

Interesting that Angel appears to be on the run from NESTS like K's gang, but separately... this could go places...

Heh, Kensou mentions a theme park, which coincidentally is what Muimui's stage is...

Ralf all too aware of how KoF usually plays out: "These are KOF invitations, aren't they? It's been a really long time. Since it's a mission for us, that means that the current organizer must have something going on behind the scenes, right?"
And as usualy, the Ikaris have some connection to the main story: "Exactly. Now, take a look over the materials there. It's been a while since gravitational waves were observed, but distortions in spacetime have been reported in recent research results. This is quite similar to what happened before the final round of the last tournament. Though recently the connections between NESTS technologies and terrorist groups has been seen as quite the problem, their activities began increasing during exactly the same time period."

I wonder if the Wei Kamu term used in the Another World story is what this story arc will end up being called... and if it translates to anything in any language... the sound of it reminds me of the Ainu terms in Nakoruru's moves, but it's likely unrelated...

Geese and K's teams make brief mentions of standout unknown people and tech... I wonder if that'll lead anywhere... Anyway, it certainly makes more sense for K's team's presence to be triggered by the Ikaris than by Chin, that's for sure.

Ladies team mentioning Hinako and Vanessa could lead somewhere in future games too... Also fun to see them comparing Alice's move mimicry to Yuri's.

Also interesting how the South America team mentions spin-off KoF tournaments - there were mentions of something of the sort in the game's general story outline as a reason for Antonov to take charge and set up a new major one, so I guess the smaller ones are at national level... reminds me of those local-level TED Talk events, in a way...

As for the final boss, its looks matter less than what its presence and abilities mean for the grander setting and story arc. Actual story mode events hold more of my interest, and its curious how prevalent NESTS appears to be this time... I uess their remnants could handle some interdimensional tech?..

Yuritchi

Neo Member
And apparently, Antonov was given a team that he was SUPPOSE to invite to the tourney, but he decided to piecemeal together his own invitational team instead. He says he has no use for a team that gets by on looks alone.

I bet it was the USA Sports Team :c

"Alice... Oh, I've heard of you. There have been rumors lately of a girl who uses Terry's and they guys' moves in her own personal style." "That sounds kind of like Yuri. Well, whatever. Apparently, you can fight decently, so you're on the team if you can land a hit on me."

Oh, it will be fun seeing interactions between Yuri and Alice!

And WTH, now there's a Kyokugen BBQ restaurant? The dojo must be having a really hard time keeping students... Takuma's training methods sure can be unforgiving...

Gotta pay the bills somehow!

I really liked the Kukri part in the Official Invintation prelude.

"Well, for the final member, we could try assigning one of the fighters recommended by our sponsors as a base..." "That won't be necessary. If you're looking for your final member to invite onto the team, I'm here. So hire me already, you sorry sack of shit."

Lol

Loona

"Well, for the final member, we could try assigning one of the fighters recommended by our sponsors as a base..." "That won't be necessary. If you're looking for your final member to invite onto the team, I'm here. So hire me already, you sorry sack of shit."

It was a nice follow-up to Antonov's no-fucks given attitude of disregarding sponsors and wanting to just sign up some rando picked off off the street.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Lol

i loled hard at that, Kukri has no chill
Also poor Joe gettin' internet mobed

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR THOSE WITH URLEH COPIES
G-Mantle (&#12466;&#12540;&#12510;&#12531;&#12488;&#65289; &#8207;@SNKPofficial 52m52 minutes ago
Regarding PS3 Legacy Controller Support:

KOF XIV (Demo ver. currently on PSN) will have this add. support via a Day-One Patch from 8/23.

TreIII

Hollering at the Kyokugen BBQ. And hey, great to read that Shingo is apparently doing just fine (if he was even injured, since the Kusanagi prologue made no reference).

All this, but we still have no name of who the scenario writer this time around, right?

I hope this goes on sale early in Toronto. I've been playing 2002UM for the first time in ages just to get reacquainted with Angel prior to XIV's release, haha.

BadWolf

It's fun seeing Kim get a role reversal of not being the "boss" of his team anymore.

Sounds like Luong might also be into the whole justice thing.

Lol

Like a boss.

BadWolf

A few bits about some of the voice actors from MMCafe user caiooa:

Ayumi Fujimura as zarina - i recognized that annoying yuzuhira(unib)/ibuki (sf4-5)/nine (blaz) voice since the first video -_-

Takashi Kondou as terry - well, this one have gone completely over my head. The guy is such a professional, and has such a voice range that it's very hard to recognize him. potenkim/faust (guilty gear), carmine (unib), tons and tons of anime roles too.

Toa Yukimari as love heart - i knew that strong female voice from somewere, but couldn't make heads for tails. It's caska VA in berserk movies!

*gasp!*

Satoshi Hashimoto isn't voicing Terry?! Damn, KOF XIII was the end of an era in more ways than one.

I will say big props to Takashi Kondou, because his performance really made me think it was Satoshi.

I just love how the Ikari story is basically "Weird shit is happening and there's a KoF coming up. There's no proof at all the two are connected but there's ALWAYS weird shit happening at KoF so let's investigate anyways."

*gasp!*

Satoshi Hashimoto isn't voicing Terry?! Damn, KOF XIII was the end of an era in more ways than one.

I will say big props to Takashi Kondou, because his performance really made me think it was Satoshi.

Really? Not saying he is doing a bad job because he's not, but Terry's voice was one of the changes I immediately noticed *shrug*

Huh, I read on the SNK wiki that Love Heart was voiced by Atsuko Tanaka in the Sky Love games and her voice sounded the exact same.

Well, I did notice that the voice was *different*, but based on some of the inflection, I honestly thought it was Satoshi just doing a different Terry voice.

I was thinking the same thing. I think at this point the only returning VAs are Iori and Athena.

Huh, I read on the SNK wiki that Love Heart was voiced by Atsuko Tanaka in the Sky Love games and her voice sounded the exact same.

I was thinking the same thing. I think at this point the only returning VAs are Iori and Athena.

via SRK, the returning voice actors are: King, Kula, Athena, Mai, Ralf, Benimaru, Maxima and Kim. Iori, like many others, also has a new voice actor.

Also, it's worth noting that Geese, Chang and Choi have the same voice actors from the old KOF games in KOF XIV.

Top Bottom