• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

tumblr_obszhqo3481qmuhxzo1_1280.jpg

Hiroaki is so godlike

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks for the non-spoilery but interesting info, Phoenixazure!

The game supose to have music from the old games selectable can you post which are in really want goodbye esaka in.

It wasn't said they were selectable, it was said they'd accompany certain matchups. So far, from what we've seen, here's what we know of music:

• Each stage has it's own theme, the team theme.
  • Certain Match-ups generate special themes.
  • The Training mode stage takes the music of one of the lead characters, and uses that as the theme for the battle.

We haven't seen an option like XIII's Type A/B soundtrack selection yet. Maybe someone can check the options, and see if anything new was added since the demo.

Getting these little nuggets of info is like when the arcade version is released in arcades. Good times ^_^

We haven't seen an option like XIII's Type A/B soundtrack selection yet. Maybe someone can check the options, and see if anything new was added since the demo.

Wait, what's this, I've played XIII and don't recall this setting.

Amedo310

Getting these little nuggets of info is like when the arcade version is released in arcades. Good times ^_^

Wait, what's this, I've played XIII and don't recall this setting.

Type A music was the music from XIII and Type B Music was music from KOFXI for the majority of the characters and other kof games for others. Saiki was the only one to get a new arrange track in type B, but it was a new version of his boss theme.

On the KOF panel they said old tracks will be returning.

Was it ever mentioned that they would be selectable in VS or training mode?

Thanks for the non-spoilery but interesting info, Phoenixazure!

It wasn't said they were selectable, it was said they'd accompany certain matchups. So far, from what we've seen, here's what we know of music:

• Each stage has it's own theme, the team theme.
  • Certain Match-ups generate special themes.
  • The Training mode stage takes the music of one of the lead characters, and uses that as the theme for the battle.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yeah, I guess I will grab it on PS4 for now, then trade that in when the PC one comes out. My stick doesn't work on PS4 though, so that's a bummer! Maybe it's time I stuck a PS4 and Xbox One board in it so I could toggle between then, rather than the 360 one that's in there now.

The game will get a day one patch with legacy controller support for PS3 sticks

Well I just did Mexico s ending and it
has a remix of what sounds like duck king's song?!
also the name of the song for
Kuala vs. Angel is ice palace KOFXIV version which I guess is actually Jul as 2000 theme?
also I checked the system menu and don't see anything for an alternate track. I'll check again once I finish all the stories

Edit: actually listening to the Mexico ending again and it's Def a remix of
Diet! Which is a genius choice in the context of the ending

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

... And that doesn't go against anything I said. I was making clear that they're not selectable in any way that we know of, they're tied to special match-ups and situations. That's what the panel you're referencing said.

The game has some musical Easter eggs, we don't know to what degree yet. That's what I meant. But there's nothing to support that the music can be selected separately from the aforementioned situations.

Well I just did Mexico s ending and it
has a remix of what sounds like duck king's song?!
also the name of the song for
Kuala vs. Angel is ice palace KOFXIV version which I guess is actually Jul as 2000 theme?
also I checked the system menu and don't see anything for an alternate track. I'll check again once I finish all the stories

Can you share the size of the game i.e how much space it takes up on your hard drive?

Uraizen

Banned
So ... I'm assuming we have to unlock
ugh
two of the characters? Has anybody said officially how to do that or if it's even necessary?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
And a warning to those, there's heavy storyline spoilers all over twitter and in spoiler tags on SRK now. I'm... not going to post them here myself, and I'm happy to NOT see the stuff appear too heavily here.

So close... all it's served to do in many ways is make me more hype, lol.

The moment when I realized that the final boss is heavily inspired by Mazinger Z.

This actually makes me want to put him on a team with Maxima, lol. And his theme is completely a combination / inspiration ot Tetsuo and Kaneda's themes from Akira, haha. A combination of awesome pre-90s anime as a boss.... O.K.

I do have to say, while it's weird at first, I love how different our boss-level characters look to the normal KoF characters. Good to see some designs that aren't a bunch of skinny pretty people in fashion-forward clothes. We really didn't get many Goro or Maxima-sized people in the new members of the base cast... Basically just Xanadu? If he even counts...

Hey some more tidbits.

Some endings are interconnected (ie the Japan and yagami teams go together while some are one offs. Speaking of which there are generic cuts ends and are also some extended scenrs specific to your team (Japan team for example) so don't be too hasty to skip them if u are rushing through story mode.

Also u can have the vocal track as your menu music instead of just the instrumental version (actually faders the vocals in and out with triangle)

Sort of spoiler
in the gallery there are 10 reward illustrations. Maybe special team endings ie 98? Or more related to trial mode.

Amedo310

This actually makes me want to put him on a team with Maxima, lol. And his theme is completely a combination / inspiration ot Tetsuo and Kaneda's themes from Akira, haha. A combination of awesome pre-90s anime as a boss.... O.K.

I am thinking the same. Now I want SNK to make a later boss inspired from Shin Getter Robo.

Tizoc

vDNZM1D.gif

Wish me luck guys (and apologies for giant sized GIF :X)

Here's my first tutorial for KOFXIV:

https://youtu.be/ykNx25izsZI

The rest of the videos will cover the following topics (many will be grouped together): http://pastebin.com/7Jv8f0zK

I'll add it to the OT once SAB CA gets back to me.
It's almost 2 days since I sent him the draft, I guess he is still working on the first paragraph.
By paragraph I mean article.
By article I mean he's writing an extended edition of the Illyad.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
(-.- ; ) I told you what I'm working on now, I don't think you need writing from me to paste in a few links...

Tizoc

(-.- ; ) I told you what I'm working on now, I don't think you need writing from me to paste in a few links...

I was just joking ;P
You got a week to finish putting in your stuff. Once it's all done with banners etc. I'll have it up.

Top Bottom