• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

Numb

The subtitle will be in spanish :x
fed8bbabdef7bff60f907b732693d9bb.png

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

"If you're looking to compete against other players online, the good news is that servers are smooth and stable thus far."

Did this guy play like two matches? I LOL'd.

"It also helps that your online activities are initiated via matchmaking rooms, where up to 12 players can join in and slot into separate rooms within to play exhibition matches of a chosen mode. The format is intuitive and keeps you from having to constantly search for a new room after every match just to find another opponent--though you'll be resorting to this in Ranked mode."

And he doesn't mention that since the room host controls everything, you'll still be looking looking for matches since the room will be disbanded and closed as soon as he/she leaves, booting everyone playing out of the matches that they're in.

"It's also a great way to interact with multiple players at once via voice chat or text, testing your skills, asking questions, or discussing strategies.

...Just note that people using mics can be heard by everyone in the lobby, even during matches. If some idiot comes in and screams or blasts music, you can't do anything about it in-game and I didn't notice options to mute individual players...just the whole room.

Lyte Edge

I haven't seen many people talk about it in length like Lyte has.

Yeah. On top of that, not many people have been online. I'm only posting my impressions and am hoping that the patch plus more people means better connections all-around. I can't think of another game I've played recently where people have even messaged me on PSN to tell me how bad the connection quality in the game is. Will be glad to post a screenshot of that. :p

I posted my impressions elsewhere and had some people respond that I was full of it because others have said it's good. All I can do is post about how things have been for me and note things like matches being both good and bad against some of the same players. Generally inconsistent all-around.

And to give you a sample of the special kind of silly I've put into the OT:

ViolentFighting_zps4etwncf0.gif

So awesome! :D

Lyte Edge

Honestly, I've heard a lot of both good and bad regarding the netcode. It sounds to me like it's about as good as Street Fighter 4's, and if that's the case, then I think that's good.

Anyone receive any updates on their Amazon orders for the Burn to Fight Edition? Just curious, as mine hasn't shipped yet according to the online status.

My order shipped yesterday at 11:58 PM(mountain standard time). In order to get it on release day, I needed to upgrade to one-day shipping, which is something I've never had to do until now.

My order shipped yesterday at 11:58 PM(mountain standard time). In order to get it on release day, I needed to upgrade to one-day shipping, which is something I've never had to do until now.
Ah okay. Hopefully mine has shipped as well and the system just hasn't updated yet. I'm still on Prime two-day shipping but hopefully I'll have the game in hand by tomorrow night. Amazon can be hit-or-miss with these kind of things

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
If the netcode has started out as not bad, then maybe there's hope for real improvement in the day one patch. Since it's PSN, I would expect the patch to show up as early as this afternoon.

Amedo310

My HK digital copy unlocks today after twelve est. It comes with the mai theme so hopefully I can make a video of it when I get home.

Is it silly to think that the game might receive a visual upgrade in the patch,
as in a lighting shader, better animation,better care of jaggies, I don't know- just any sorta visual upgrade? And if not now, maybe in the future, PS4 Neo?

Could someone kindly make a kof 14 review thread please?
Why don't you do it, or bad wolf, it seems like you two are obsessed with the game.
LOL I'm just kidding okay! :p

KingJ2002

These are great reviews here... from gamespot, usgamer (a couple of typos but I got what you were trying to say), and destructoid. My copy of the game hasn't shipped yet but it's telling to see that people have gotten past the serviceable visuals to find a deep yet fun fighter underneath.

Looking forward to my copy now.

Is it silly to think that the game might receive a visual upgrade in the patch,
as in a lighting shader, better animation,better care of jaggies, I don't know- just any sorta visual upgrade? And if not now, maybe in the future, PS4 Neo?

doubtful... knowing SNKP they might put that effort into a new title... now that they've moved to 3D I expect installments every other year.

Was going to break down and do digital, but I can't play at 11 at night since my girlfriend needs to sleep. :(

Yeah. On top of that, not many people have been online. I'm only posting my impressions and am hoping that the patch plus more people means better connections all-around. I can't think of another game I've played recently where people have even messaged me on PSN to tell me how bad the connection quality in the game is. Will be glad to post a screenshot of that. :p

I posted my impressions elsewhere and had some people respond that I was full of it because others have said it's good. All I can do is post about how things have been for me and note things like matches being both good and bad against some of the same players. Generally inconsistent all-around.

So awesome! :D

I've seen some inconsistency with the reports, so that's already a bad sign anyway. We'll see what happens on release, but I don't think a rush of people is going to do the netcode any favors.

To try and make the wait more bearable, (or worse?) can someone link some recent Luong gameplay? I've been really loving her moveset and want to see some more footage.

Lyte Edge

I've seen some inconsistency with the reports, so that's already a bad sign anyway. We'll see what happens on release, but I don't think a rush of people is going to do the netcode any favors.

More people available closer to your area could help with better connections.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hellpockets wrote a guide for the game:
LINK

Maybe Tizoc or SAB CA can add it to the OT ? ;)

JayEH

I haven't gotten many games (only 2 actually) in online either and I've had the game since thursday. One was bad, one was good. Seems silly to say anything about the online in a review one way or another since there is a day 1 patch AND there's barely anyone online.

PSqueak

Banned
Hmmm.

Checking some endings in youtube, Team K' has an interesting ending
blatantly implying that after destroying Verse they're going to bring back "dead" characters as a direct consequence.

I like the sound of that.

TreIII

Amedo310

Kyo's cr. C has been fixed to 70 dmg for ground and antiair.

Mai's cl. A is no longer +3 on block. Maybe 0 now.\

Iori's cl. D into super during max mode has been fixed.

Anbec7

But was Ramon nerfed? A friend of mine said that he was a "little" OP.
but I think from the KOF videos that I have been seeing that every character can look like that if you know what you're doing.

Coda

but I think from the KOF videos that I have been seeing that every character can look like that if you know what you're doing.

He looks really strong, don't know if the patch changes him at all. I'm most likely going to put him as my anchor on my team.

Yeah, Ramones not OP at all, his normals are slow and he needs to get close to do any real damage. Plus, El Rosa (the guy who showed everyone his potential at Evo and Summer Jam X) is one of the best KoF players around. Like you said, anyone can make a character look a "little" OP if they know what their strengths and weaknesses are

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
El Rosa makes any character seem a little OP lol

Lyte Edge

Just jumped online.

Went into a lobby (same region). Insanely laggy match.

Left and tried ranked (same region). Nobody.

Tried all regions. Got into a match that was buttery-smooth, holy shit! :O

...Then the game locks up.

T_T

Fersis

Just jumped online.

Went into a lobby (same region). Insanely laggy match.

Left and tried ranked (same region). Nobody.

Tried all regions. Got into a match that was buttery-smooth, holy shit! :O

...Then the game locks up.

T_T

O F F L I N E B O Y S

Was that the patched version ?

I'm gonna have to buy digitally since Amazon has my preorder scheduled to arrive on Thursday. :mad:

I'm a prime member, and I would normally choose the free two-day shipping for pre-orders, and it would arrive at my doorstep on release day, but this time, I found out that it would be coming Thursday.

Changing it to one day shipping seemed to have fixed the issue, and it's now en route for Tuesday afternoon/evening.

Top Bottom