• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I can't figure out who's caught in the attack... Really odd reveal teaser?...

Going by the hair and boots, I'd say it's Benimaru.

Compare to this:

CdBGUI9VIAA2iXz.jpg

But I do feel like I see a Jacket or something there... so yeah, could be Kukri too! Or someone else!

Amedo310

I wish Clark had a max2 that randomly choose between muscle spark, rope london tower bridge, Robin special, big Ben bash, and muscle gravity. It is about time Clark showed the world just how much of a Kinnikuman fan that he really is. Name the move Clark Millennium.

TreIII

Think this just be the Hong Kong build still?

Anybody's guess. I'd like to think that if they're ready to show off the 20 character build off at a new Japanese event next week, they'd be ready to show it off at PAX, too.

When's Leona getting Heidern's spin throw and "go to hell"? :(

Hopefully never.

I don't want SNK to have any more reasons to not include Heidern in a game ever again. Especially since they could just put him, Whip and their choice of third character (I'd go with Fio or Marco), and just make for another team to back up Ralf's squad, right there.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
1angel-flipkick.gif

I'm just hearing her old voice clips for Unchained Circle combos in my head as she does this, soo...

Nice to see another in-action shot of her, she's had very few compared to others.

\/- LoL, seems we had the same idea!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I actually don't know. Kensou would be nice, but we really need some women's team members to show up. Someone manly like Goro would also be good. Been a while since we've seen a big sized person introduced.

I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing Alice now, so I'd love to see her. As well as Toucan girl.

I keep wondering if the announcement of a US publisher signifies and changes or additions to their strategy. Like, will Atlus put up bios in English to go along with the trailers? Will we see more work on the US PSBlog again? I'd love to see them have some kind of part in our weekly showcases.

Loona

I actually don't know. Kensou would be nice, but we really need some women's team members to show up.

The majority of the characters in the game are male and half of the revealed pair last week was female, so my hopes aren't high there, we'll see.

I keep wondering if the announcement of a US publisher signifies and changes or additions to their strategy. Like, will Atlus put up bios in English to go along with the trailers? Will we see more work on the US PSBlog again? I'd love to see them have some kind of part in our weekly showcases.

The Atlus KoF XIII site had stuff like the team background stories, so I'm hoping they keep up the tendency, even if it takes a while...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The majority of the characters in the game are male and half of the revealed pair last week was female, so my hopes aren't high there, we'll see.

Well half was MALE too, sooo... yeah! We have so many women left to reveal though! Yuri, Toucan girl, Mai, Alice, Love Heart, Nako...

But if we get Goro, they could go for a Big / Small paring, rather than a Male / Female one...

The Atlus KoF XIII site had stuff like the team background stories, so I'm hoping they keep up the tendency, even if it takes a while...

Yup, those were great, too. I know you're especially looking forward to story stuff (when someone asked yesterday "who care about the story, am I right?!" I thought "Loona!" without hesitation!), so I hope they have something there soon!

Sheentak

I hope this week it's two charecters we know and are less exciting just to get them out of the way.

Goro and Joe fits this pretty well.

I have a pretty strong feeling we'll see Alice. The only character from the Women Fighter team we've seen so far is King so I'd place my bets.

I don't think it'll be a super hype video though. Next week, with all those events lined up, we may see another lengthy "recap" trailer.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I wanna know more of the background story of the new characters... could Nelson be Argentino? COULD HE?!

Loona

Yup, those were great, too. I know you're especially looking forward to story stuff (when someone asked yesterday "who care about the story, am I right?!" I thought "Loona!" without hesitation!), so I hope they have something there soon!

Hehe - I hope I'm far from the only one though, especially with those mentioned plans of a Marvel-type franchise expansion. Based on recent threads on /v/ there are quite a few people out there who know and care about this sort of thing, so there's that.

It would be nice if in the meantime SNKP would update the KoF anniversary site to cover XIII too, it's annoying to have to go to archive.org's version of the defunct Atlus site to check the stories.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
* Stands up *
* Clears throat *

H-hi my name is Fersis.. and.. and im a 30 year old grown ass man that still gets hype
for KOF since 1994...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
* Stands up *
* Clears throat *

H-hi my name is Fersis.. and.. and im a 30 year old grown ass man that still gets hype
for KOF since 1994...

I'm older than you, and I claim the same! :)

I forgot about Mature when thinking of the ladies left to reveal. Sure, wouldn't mind seeing her soon too! So many characters to look forward to. Out next set comes soon!

Beckx

* Stands up *
* Clears throat *

for KOF since 1994...

I'm, uh, older and was insanely jealous of all the Neo Geo screens in EGM back then but managed to miss everything SNK after that, just really got into the catalog this year and now gets hype like I'm reading print previews 20 years ago...

Fersis

Welcome to the thread! Whats been your hypest trailer so far?

My answer will be Predictabo.... I saw the Geese reveal trailer as a nod to old fans so i friggin loved it... also it was hella funny.

TreIII

While Fatal Fury 2 and KOF95 were the first Neo Geo games I played, I'll admit I was more of a Samurai Spirits/Shodown kinda guy, growing up. Spent so much time with the first two games. Fatal Fury Special being a close third.

But after playing 96 for the first time? Yeah...that was when I came to appreciate adding KOF to the stable of fighters I loved to play.

Top Bottom