• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hmmmm...for that matter is this a thing for Gang IL as well? He's short so I wonder if his stand moves will be things that hit crouchers. It'd make him more threatening for sure. He's obviously not Chin short, but this would be a neat subtle reasoning behind some of his design. We already know he's gonna be hard to chase out with zoning and he's a slower yet stouter hitting Tae Kwon Do dude. Be neat if once he's on you if he couldn't be crouched easily. It'd force more just defend sort of things.

It would be an awesome thing to see worked out, yeah. I like how KoF generally finds other ways to balance characters aside from nerfing HP and raising Attack power. Seeing height weigh in on the viability of normals for footsies and confirms would be nice.

Yooo, sword character? She's suddenly on my radar. Can't wait for her trailer!

She apparently has wielded a sword and gun in the Pachislot games. Giving her such options here would be a nice way to give us Whip fans someone who recalls some of her traits. Similar to how Luong channels some Yamazaki, or how MuiMui is a bit Xiangfei and Kasumi.

Love heart and stage look great.

The stage also reminds me of our famous rainy stage, pre-storm:
tumblr_mn8xk1LsgW1s9kz4do1_1280.gif

London stage looks beautiful. And I can't wait to see how Love Heart plays...
Yeah, I wonder if she'll have sword normals, or if that's just a special... Save for swordfighting upside down, I think I know less about her abilities than even MuiMui pre-reveal...

That foliage on the ground though...
Similar to how it's handled in the AoF team stage, actually. They seem to put more detail on texture drawing quality rather than adding in polygonal meshes with the textures atop, to at least make them look raised-off the ground.

It's an odd choice, but maybe it's a factor as to why they can offer so many stages?

It would be an awesome thing to see worked out, yeah. I like how KoF generally finds other ways to balance characters aside from nerfing HP and raising Attack power. Seeing height weigh in on the viability of normals for footsies and confirms would be nice.

Yeah I remember st.A hitting crouchers or not was a difference between EX Kyo and Kyo in XIII.

I can't wait for that Alice unveil.

Sdn6ImD.gif

Please don't have "cute" fighting style. ><.

I hope she gets Terry's slide and one-two punches if she's based on him at all.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ah so it's London? I thought it was France.

I don't think anyone clearly knows. It's not officially revealed yet...

I can't wait for that Alice unveil.

Please don't have "cute" fighting style. ><.

What if she has a bit of Lucky Glauber? She is a B-Ball fan... I really have little idea what to expect with her, though.

Yeah I remember st.A hitting crouchers or not was a difference between EX Kyo and Kyo in XIII.

Yeah, I love stuff like this, actually. It was a nice way to get variation, even out of limited animation. But here, it'd be a great way to give characters tools that help / change their gameplay in meaningful ways, too.

A lot of standing normals were made "catch all" in XIII in ways they never were before (like Leona's stand B, or Ryo's stand D), but now with the return of close / far normals, there's a lot more to get to know again.

I absolutely need to see more of South America and team china(eh more so just the guy with the blue and red arms here)

If you're interested in the Nitty Gritty, Eternal_Blaze on SRK is doing a great job breaking down the moves of the new characters, with screenshots taken from the available videos:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10835440/#Comment_10835440

GrayFoxPL

I hope she gets Terry's slide and one-two punches if she's based on him at all.

What if she has a bit of Lucky Glauber? She is a B-Ball fan... I really have little idea what to expect with her, though.

I just hope if she's based on Terry, she has his lines verbatim.

Cute girly AH YUU OHKAY or RAIJING TACO would be swell.

Yes.Yes.Yes!

Well maybe not Chipmunk Terry voice, normal girl's voice would be ok. Dunking basketballs would be cool too.

qcf x2

Heart looks great, stage looks great too. It reminds me of Ouran Host Club. A lot. Just needs a cherry blossom variant. The offscreen footage posted on the previous page was interesting. The game looks smoother, it really looks like the smoothest KoF yet as far as movement. I wonder how many stages are left? Are we figuring there's one per team?

Heart looks great, stage looks great too. It reminds me of Ouran Host Club. A lot. Just needs a cherry blossom variant. The offscreen footage posted on the previous page was interesting. The game looks smoother, it really looks like the smoothest KoF yet as far as movement. I wonder how many stages are left? Are we figuring there's one per team?

Music being specifically tied to stages with the name of the track displayed alongside them tends to support this. I guess it's one per team, Super Arena for Antonov, a stage for the final boss and the grid.

I hope the music for the grid is BURNING ON THE INSIDE

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man it really sucks they put all that effort into developing a fresh setting and cast of characters for a flashy slot machine game. This and that Last Blade sequel. But on the other hand, it's great they're giving these Pachislot characters a chance to shine.

pachinko machines in Japan really have great videos and animations, gonna need a good attraction after all

fuck, this Kamen Rider pachinko had RIDER CHIPS singing in it, and they rarely make them do songs anymore

Loona

Man it really sucks they put all that effort into developing a fresh setting and cast of characters for a flashy slot machine game. This and that Last Blade sequel. But on the other hand, it's great they're giving these Pachislot characters a chance to shine.

It's still neat that they bothered to age Akari up a bit, since most young girl character tend to stay the same age in their respective settings.

Pachislot can be a really weird medium for story development, but apparently that the only game format where Virtua Fighter ever actually showed off its story in an actual game, if one discounts the gag scenes from Virtua Fighter Kids...

For Sky Love, you can find a lot of material in shen's YT channel, if you're curious: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrN-RVF7EOquuetHe5DauVQ

There's also a lot of Dragon Gal/Mui Mui stuff here with decent quality: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgCHyPz0Etrk24DSqKuRqtrQGPeorjN2l

BadWolf

The new webcast &#8220;KOF STATION CHANNEL XIV&#8221; is going to be revealed soon! Stay tuned!!

Ck6LAtfVEAASH-r.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/742683835964395520

Agreed, most people wouldn't have known about Muimui or Love Heart if it weren't for their inclusion in XIV. They look like fun characters so it's great that they won't be forgotten.

Top Bottom