• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The funny thing BadWolf is that I looked at your DA page before, but I think I kinda blew it off then, in a "man, if his style was this fresh, he'd talk about it more!" way, lol. Really like the dynamic poses, that's one thing that pisses me off in my own works; I look at all the Capcom Turbo / turbo revival-era artworks, and think that "How'd I get out of this era without casually drawing contortionist-level stuff?", lol.

As far as the "last night"...
5.jpg
CnaKt-TUkAAIkTv.jpg:orig

LoL, it is rare to see basically the same screenshot from SNK! Though Geese with Heinz Katchup and a Heinaken does seem very... foody.

*chirp ... chirp ... don!*

Oh, ya'lls nasty! ;-)

Amedo310

Frionel is up now. He most likely will play the new characters.

Alice is up now!!
Geese and Mature too.

Whoah. She has Andy's 98 elbow.

She has some flying knee into side kick. It looks like the one joe does in RB2 or as ex joe in 98.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
OMG, Alice is a fan of Fatal Fury, lol. With a voice that's like Blue Mary's, lol. Golden Heel-like moves, "Tackles", Zanei'kens... I kinda love her already, lol.

The little bit of Zarina looked pretty nice too. AHHH, KYO, IORI, AND K' IN THE SAME FIGHTS THE ARMY HAS ARRIVED...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Lol. Geese still has the patty-cake jump C.

I'm so glad he does, lol. It's so SNK. Just like how Jubei has this perfect jump B "Split" kick that last THROUGH HIS ENTIRE JUMP ARCH in FF Special that I love spamming, lol.

Alice's Jump CD has a nice high-ish looking angle to it, too. Kinda reminds me of King's that way. So many of her normals had an upwards tilt to it.

Amedo310

You can still grab a person out of safe roll/ quick rise roll.

Meitenkun is up now!
Kensou and Alice too.

Meitenkun's idle animation... lol.

Alice... Wow.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Meitenkun Kensou Alice from Frio now.

LoL, Meitenkun is full of deviations of Tung's moves... and his pillow throw is kinda slow and trolly like Jubei's cookie throw. But he has a 30 degree angle up one as well.

Really, Alice also has a bit of tornado upper in her rekka chain, she has a hissho'ken and power wave motions in there too, and her counter CD looks Mary's leaping overhead...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Meitenkun is so adorable.

Also Alice shirt having a star sounds like it was a gift from certain Southtown hero :3

BadWolf

Alice looks freaking fun.

Clearly inspired by the Bogard bros but overall she feels like her own character.

The funny thing BadWolf is that I looked at your DA page before, but I think I kinda blew it off then, in a "man, if his style was this fresh, he'd talk about it more!" way, lol. Really like the dynamic poses, that's one thing that pisses me off in my own works; I look at all the Capcom Turbo / turbo revival-era artworks, and think that "How'd I get out of this era without casually drawing contortionist-level stuff?", lol.

Link pls!

I'm still really impressed with how you made the connection lol, and yeah experimenting with poses is really fun (you often come with something by complete chance) so you should definitely give it a shot.

LoL, it is rare to see basically the same screenshot from SNK! Though Geese with Heinz Katchup and a Heinaken does seem very... foody.

*chirp ... chirp ... don!*

Oh, ya'lls nasty! ;-)

Boo!

EDIT: Yo, Angel! That new super finisher.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Kukri looks damn cool. So far my favorite "newcomer".

Dang, what a crazy turnaround this game had since release!

BadWolf

Geese looks like a beast, they did a great job of transitioning him to 3D.

Kensou's normals and specials are a combination of his classic and XIII selves. His fireball looks tiny though...

Fersis

Neo_G is at Evo, if you can say hi to the man, the myth the legend!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Link pls!

I'm still really impressed with how you made the connection lol, and yeah experimenting with poses is really fun (you often come with something by complete chance) so you should definitely give it a shot.

http://sab-ca.deviantart.com/ -- http://sab-ca.tumblr.com/ -- http://www.sabworks.com -- https://www.fiverr.com/sab_ca

All in dire need of more updates, lol. The Fiverr stuff is stuff done for clients, so there's a gallery THERE... but I can't really post them willy nilly around the net, lol.

----

When you read enough post from people, you kinda get to know their online "voices", so.. yeah. Makes it feel like the SNK fans are all one big family, when you notice people popping up on boards that you remember from years back!

Boo!

EDIT: Yo, Angel! That new super finisher.

XD

This Angel play is already loads better than I am with her in 2k2UM, haha. HEY, did Hein just special intro to Geese?!?

BadWolf

Love Heart getting no love :/

http://sab-ca.deviantart.com/ -- http://sab-ca.tumblr.com/ -- http://www.sabworks.com -- https://www.fiverr.com/sab_ca

All in dire need of more updates, lol. The Fiverr stuff is stuff done for clients, so there's a gallery THERE... but I can't really post them willy nilly around the net, lol.

Oh man, so much variety there. Especially love the retro look and feel to it all. Also them glorious pixels and animations.

When you read enough post from people, you kinda get to know their online "voices", so.. yeah. Makes it feel like the SNK fans are all one big family, when you notice people popping up on boards that you remember from years back!

Too true man, it feels like not just SNK but the community overall is back.

Fatal Fury Rainbow edition.

Love how she plays like she is a Fatal Fury fan instead of just a Terry fan, like she was hanging out with a lot of them. You can see moves inspired by Terry, Joe, Andy and even Cheng Sinzan.

Tizoc

Did they change King's voice actress? 'Venom Suturike? What they couldn't reuse her KoF 98 voice clips like in CvSNK2? :V

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Alice neutral is reminding me of:

blue-mary.gif

... I'm OK with this.

Did they change King's voice actress? 'Venom Suturike? What they couldn't reuse her KoF 98 voice clips like in CvSNK2? :V

Harumi Ikoma voice King, Nakoruru, the 98 announcer, Charlotte, and Blue Mary traditionally... We know Nako has a new VA (Mai Nakahara), but I've never heard anyone say definitively if Ikoma is King here.

I think she sounds a bit different, but I also thought she did on Mary and King in XI, with King sounding better in XIII... sooo... *shrug* I'm also trying to figure if Alice might be her, since Alice is very Mary-like in her engrish and stuff.

OmegaDL50

I really don't like Kensou's VA, I miss his KOF94, 95, 96, 97 voice work.

I guess it could be the same guy, but the recordings are different and he sounds more high pitched.

I'll get used to it eventually I guess.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I really don't like Kensou's VA, I miss his KOF94, 95, 96, 97 voice work.

I guess it could be the same guy, but the recordings are different and he sounds more high pitched.

I'll get used to it eventually I guess.

But what about his English Voice in KoF XII?!

Yeah, a lot of these minor changes, either in direction or actor, will take time to get used to. I actually approve of how close many of them are, but for characters that have NEVER CHANGED for like 8 or 9 games, at LEAST, it's freaky.

OmegaDL50

Neat observation with Alice.

Her up close Punch rekka thing has two Tornados like Joe's Hurricane Upper, and she has a Elbow Charge like Andy's Zanei Ken.

Her super also looks like a Zanei Ken into multi-hitting rising attack that is similar to the Rising Tackle.

It's like she has parts of the Fatal Fury Team all rolled up into her move list.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
LoL, was about to say, Love is on a team, and Chang is about to OCV. WOHOO. And now Kim will kill Terry before... son of a...

OmegaDL50

That flower rising projectile that Zarina has.

It really reminds me of this

seth-kof2002-upper.gif

Except the Flower effect that Zarina has has a taller hit box.

I got to play two matches of KING OF DINOSAUR/ShunEi/Kyo. It feels good but it was hard to really try anything going against a guy with Kyo/Terry/Iori that has an idea what he is doing lol

At least I managed to land a DINOSAUR super grab

BadWolf

First off...that Pink Mature is fine.

Secondly...goodness her pressure in EX mode looks scary!

Most of the alt colors look really good tbh.

I got to play two matches of KING OF DINOSAUR/ShunEi/Kyo. It feels good but it was hard to really try anything going against a guy with Kyo/Terry/Iori that has an idea what he is doing lol

Nice!

TreIII

You have done a good work sir.

Most of the alt colors look really good tbh.

Yeah. That gold mask and darkskinned alt for King Dino is probably gonna be the one I will rock for him all day.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
This Leona is putting in WORK. THANK YEWWWW.

Oh man, so much variety there. Especially love the retro look and feel to it all. Also them glorious pixels and animations.

Thanks! I always try to emulate various styles and looks, I like getting recognizably close to so many feelings and presentations. It's all a hold over from the fact that I did like... NO fanart in my teens, lol. All original characters with style emulations and inspirations.

Too true man, it feels like not just SNK but the community overall is back.
*nodnod*

Love how she plays like she is a Fatal Fury fan instead of just a Terry fan, like she was hanging out with a lot of them. You can see moves inspired by Terry, Joe, Andy and even Cheng Sinzan.
Way beyond Shingo or Dan... she's just been playing Garou Densetsu for ages, and emulates EVERYONE, lol. fitting of a "new" character from the Fatal Fury Devs.

Hope you get in a few matches over the weekend! :) You served JUS.... ZETS METS HURRICANES to your opponents, so it was worth it!

Top Bottom