• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
If a kof game doesn't have a Bullshit boss it's not kof.

But I think I heard that after you beat the game you unlock the boss, probably like saiki? Didnt you have to beat the game to unlock him? And then like, shin Akuma as the boss and just had a snack Akuma as playable?

Imo Krizalid in kof99 was hard without being overpowered.

I don't know what team i'll use yet. Mai and Athena seem really strong so i could make a team with them and i guess Kula or Yuri or something...

But there's way too many great new characters in there. Mian just looks amazing so i have to play her, Nakoruru seems extremely effective, and Luong, Muimui, Love Heart and Alice have a decent shot at taking a spot too.

In any case it's going to be three pretty girls. /o/

Unless Bandeiras can tempt me away or something. I like ninjas.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Spent a chunk of last night finally spending a bit more time with KoFXIII on Steam. Though the old 360 pad I have is not ideal(that dpad!!!), I still had a great time and my hype mode for this game is beyond even SFV ever hit.

I also discovered Elizabeth and I suppose she didn't make the cut for XIV? :(

I probably will buy KoF2000 tonight on PS4, if only for support and to check out another entry I haven't really spent time with.

qcf x2

Interesting, I wonder if that ground projectile Hein has acts like a land mine or a seismo.

If I recall correctly, when I saw it in the playthrough they did a few weeks back it looked like it was more of a trap, like if it hits you you're stuck for a bit.

KOFXIV has a lot of Fatal Fury characters.

Moreso than usual. 13 (17 if you count the AOF cast seeing as AOF is part of the FF lore.)

You mean 10 Fatal Fury/Garou Densetsu characters: Terry, Andy, Joe, Tizoc, Geese, Billy, Tung, Kim, Alice & Mai.

If you include the Art of Fighting/Ryūko no Ken characters (being Ryo, Robert, Yuri & King), it would be up to 14 for this game.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
How this game will rank on the KoF-tier listing is fully dependent on whether or not the Psycho Soldier theme makes the cut.

How this game will rank on the KoF-tier listing is fully dependent on whether or not the Psycho Soldier theme makes the cut.

gotta get the long awaited return of fire, fire

but yeah, seeing that we're getting a new geese ni in addition to the south town theme has me looking forward to whatever matchup specific/bonus music they're gonna be tossing in. very glad the CE is coming with a (seemingly) complete soundtrack rather than a lame sampler disc

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201607150006/

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Also, official website has updated the character profiles.

GEESE
  • Fighting style:Ancient Martial Arts
  • Birthdate:Jan. 21st
  • Birthplace:USA
  • Height/Weight/BT:183cm/82kg/Type B
  • Hobbies:Undetermined (he starts things then gets tired of them)
  • Favorite food:Steaks cooked rare
  • Forte in sports:None (he is good at billiards, though)
  • Dislikes:people who stop his ambitions
BILLY
  • Fighting style:Cudgel craft
  • Birthdate:Dec. 25th
  • Birthplace:England
  • Height/Weight/BT:179cm/78kg/Type B
  • Hobbies:Washing clothes
  • Favorite food:His kid sister's cooking
  • Forte in sports:pole vaulting
  • Dislikes:Dirty clothes
HEIN
  • Fighting style:Gambits
  • Birthdate:May. 22nd
  • Birthplace:Germany
  • Height/Weight/BT:185cm/70kg/Type AB
  • Hobbies:Handicrafts
  • Favorite food:Bienenstich
  • Forte in sports:Motorsports
  • Dislikes:Alcohol
http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/teams/southtown.php

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Finished some Angel fanart:

Can't wait to see more footage of her tomorrow.

Nice! Where's more?! ;-) Though it's never specifically stated, I figured you were Diavle on SRK, lol. (I swear it's only partially because the kid from Treasure Planet and Kim have similar hair!) The only thing that kept me unsure is that I don't think I've seen you mention fanart on this forum, like it is in your sig there.

Always nice to see SNK bring out the artsy in us all!

BadWolf

Nice! Where's more?! ;-) Though it's never specifically stated, I figured you were Diavle on SRK, lol. (I swear it's only partially because the kid from Treasure Planet and Kim have similar hair!) The only thing that kept me unsure is that I don't think I've seen you mention fanart on this forum, like it is in your sig there.

Always nice to see SNK bring out the artsy in us all!

Thanks! Nice catch haha, yeah I've had that account there forever. More art here :)

SNK has always been a huge inspiration, so good to see them back in the game with all the great redesigns and new characters in XIV.

his XIII outfit is way uglier

Oh, I agree. I've never been a fan of the overalls, I prefer the coat, shirt and jeans from older KOFs and this current KOF.

I think one of Billy's main character traits is that he's violently against smoking, it's just why I bring up the dislikes on Billy's profile. Maybe that got changed when Ash got erased from history.

BadWolf

True

Shit
That's pretty dope stuff man

Fantastic stuff. Thanks for sharing :)

Good stuff there! Not to mention it's kinda refreshing to see some Angel art that doesn't emphasize her bust while still emphasizing some naughtiness through other means.

Thanks so much guys :)

Holy shit, is that you?
I'm a HUGE fan of your work and long time follower on there. ^_-

Small world lol, thanks man!

BadWolf

Wow. Awesome stuff all around man. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for looking :)

good luck at EVO, looking forward to impressions

LOVE IT

Thanks!

... didn't Geese do this to Hein last night?

Lewd -_-

Damn, where's the stream?!

Expected Kensou to have shorts, his design feels like a modern clothes version of his XIII self. Looks great.

Athena's stage looks like another winner.

Top Bottom