• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

Gren

Kim, Gang, Xanadu will be the first team I try out for sure, with King & Tung as alternates. Depending how Hein & Love Heart look they could be backups as well.

Amedo310

So...the official KOF website updated, and as of this post, every character(except for Antonov and the final boss) has their move list available for viewing:

http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/command/

Thanks for the information. Now I can update my special mobile KOF XIV Movelist folder:

Screenshot_20160713-221515_zpstsji5c3l.png

Screenshot_20160713-221522_zpsedmrf5zu.png

Screenshot_20160713-221531_zpspwnyf9gk.png

Mostly relieved regarding Ramon and Angel... command dash is strictly a starter now though.
Geese doesn't have a command grab this time, I wonder what the new stuff is.

Alice looks interesting, maybe some of that is Terry XI rekkas?

Is Geese gonna be easy to play?

I wanna play Geese so bad.

He should be considerably easier than he was in prior games that featured him. The most complicated thing will probably be making reads on your opponent so that you don't leave yourself open when you use his counters.

Otherwise, he has simple motions, two fireballs(one grounded, one air), a rekka-esque special move with three followups, and an OTG command throw.

Have we actually seen Geese play? I couldn't find any.

My team is looking to be:
Mai (her moveset looks really fun)
Kukri (aka Gaara)
Nightmare Geese (best DLC costume ever?)

Order potentially changing depending on whether Kukri or Nightmare is the better comeback character.

Luong, Choi, Shun'ei, Mian, and Nakoruru also look interesting. RIP King's aerial fireball. :(

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Once again, wasn't expecting the 48 character move list tonight, lol.

Zarina looks pretty straight forward! Not nearly as crazy as I was expecting. Love Heart sounds like Haohmaru in CVS or something, straight forward moves that should be nicely augmented by her blade range.

I now wonder if Alice will basically make a moveset out of Power Charge variations, ha. I could see the first part being a command dash, and the next 2 parts being either power charge, or good ole Fire Kick.

Her basic throw is Basically A Table Flip, haha. The other is a Shoulder Throw.

Meitenkun... He has a lot of pillow stuff, lol. Now I kinda hope he acts a little kind King from Seven Deadly Sins anime...

I've had no interesting in him yet, but since he actually has some charge moves (fits his lazy personality!) I might... pay more attention?

So Geese has a Raigou (FINAL!) Reppuken and then a Kasumi-ish Counter DM. SOMEONE in the game has one, yay. Raising Storm is actually his Climax. No direct Rashomon or Deadly Rave, eh?

This game has a LOT of Rekkas / feints / derived special attacks.

Team Mexico is full of throws, but these newer to the 48 chara build... don't seem to have any real grapples at all. Not even Sie, who used to have grapple DMs and specials.

Speaking of Kensou, having his old moveset back wit EX's should be very interesting. He doesn't have his Rekka's, but his hopping ground punch chain basically hits like a Rekka... and having his kick command normal with dive-punch now being EX-able sounds pretty sweet, really.

Going to be a LOT to see in this new build come the weekend! SOON, SOON!

TreIII

Also, what team is everyone planning to use?

Team "SexMex" (Dino, Ramon, Angel) is going to be the first set of characters I will try. But I will likely try out most of the roster until I find two others that I want to roll with Dino on a full time basis.

mujun

I thought that the demo thing was just a mistranslation and that it was actually referring to the date people in HK will be able to pre-order the game.

Hmm, seeing Alice's move set just makes me all the more impatient to see her in action. And no more Double Upper for Yuri or is it her EX special?

Also, what team is everyone planning to use? I'm gonna start with Geese, Athena, and Dinosaur.

Honestly, when I play a new KoF, I stick with prearranged team setups to learn the characters with the added benefit of seeing their story/ending and then I put my favorites together as an edit team. I'll main characters I normally don't consider using but when I try playing them to see their team ending, I'm surprised to learn how effective/good I am with a character.

But talking about which team I'll use first. Probably AoF Team since I'm quite rusty, then Team Kim.

OmegaDL50

My team will probably still be Terry, Robert, and Kim. And I sometimes use King to replace with Robert or Kim.

Some casual observations I've seen with the move lists.

Geese doesn't have Deadly Rave. Alice looks be heavily inspired by Terry as I correctly guessed.

Yuri doesn't seem to have her double Upper extension anymore as a secondary and has Chou Upper as an EX now.

Terry's Star Dunk looks to be a grab move, It has a double HCB motion like Clark or Daimon's supers. That is....different.

Wow, the pre order theme has different characters that show up on the ledge.

Yesterday I had the members of team official initiation, today it's team south America.

Yuritchi

Neo Member
For anybody interested in seeing how EX Chou Upper looks

Yeah, Double Upper is basically part of EX Chou Upper now. I prefer it that way over how EX Chou Upper was in XIII!

I don't really have a full team prepared for this game, but Billy/Yuri are set in stone. Usually keep 3rd spot open for anybody I like to practice playing. Interested in checking out Robert/Geese/Clark/Xanadu/Bandeiras/Daimon/Ramon/Leona and Kensou if he plays anywhere close to his XIII moveset!

Very excited to see more of Billy and Geese with the coming trailer!

Loona

If a kof game doesn't have a Bullshit boss it's not kof.

XII exists, controversial as it may be.

But I think I heard that after you beat the game you unlock the boss, probably like saiki? Didnt you have to beat the game to unlock him? And then like, shin Akuma as the boss and just had a snack Akuma as playable?

The unlockable version of Saiki in XIII could be acquired by reaching and beating a match that popped in Arcade mode if you completed enough of the objectives that popped up during a match (ex.: roll 3 times, use a Drive cancel, etc...) - for fewer points you could reach and unlock Billy.
That Saiki, however, wasn't the boss version, and wasn't even present in the original arcade version of the game, it was developed for the console release, and the sprites were clearly based on Ash's.

For XIV looks like you just have to beat the game to get its bosses.

Geese doesn't have his pretzel motion.

This is my breaking point SNK. For other people it was Mai, for me it is pretzels.

Real Bout 2 used an alternate motion for the move, and it was a pretty great game.

Optimal Geese play is more about making good reads to make the most of his counter specials though.

My team usually ends up being Terry, Kim, 'blank' depending on who I like that year. I'll be playing as Geese as well for sure, never been great with him but I've always been a fan of his character, and his boss music!

Zerojul

I'll try a Luong/Tung/Hien team for starters, and I'll rock a very classic Terry/Joe/Kim when I'm feeling like it. But I'll surely try out (almost) everyone and I don't know who will end up being my mains after a few months. So many awesome-looking characters to choose from.

Warxard

Banned
KOFXIV has a lot of Fatal Fury characters.

Moreso than usual. 13 ( 17 if you count the AOF cast seeing as AOF is part of the FF lore.)

WatTsu

Haven't really played a KOF in years (played '99 a lot on the PS1 and dabbled in several of the others through emulators) and haven't played an SNK fighter at all in far too long so I'm looking forward to this. The roster looks super fun.

Just not sure whether to get the standard steelbook edition or the CE.

kunonabi

Hard to say in regards to a team. My usual is Leona/Andy/Goro so I'll check them out first. Angel, Clark and Ramon are going on a team for sure though.

Amedo310

Trivial stuff:

HK PSN has both versions of the up for preorder. English version and Japanese/Chinese version.

Both versions come with the two dlc costumes, esaka theme and falcoon mai theme.

Also, the pre-orders have 10% off for hk PS plus users.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
My wanna be main team from KoF XIII was Maxima, Chin, Leona.
The Revised version replaced Leona with Rule 63 Leona with a better competitive move set Claw Lori.

In this game, I know MuiMui, Tung Fu[ukin! Rue, Zarina, and maybe Luong and Mian all have potential MAIN spots.

And then there's surprise possibilities like Alice, Gang-IL, Meitenkun, GEESE, etc.

I wanna be open to the idea that what feels good to me in this KoF might possible be entirely different from what felt good in an older instalment.

Top Bottom