• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Sushigod7

K7GPQxc.jpg

Woo!

On sale today?

edit: I see PM from Frys, no Fry's in Florida that I know of don't think that would work for me.

Psxphile

Most people swear by Deep Jungle's spawn point right next to Jane's Tent and a save point.

Honestly, I've never tried Trinity Limit on Black Mushrooms. But it seems defeating a Black Mushroom with a critical strike and/or finisher gives you a 100% drop rate on Mystery Goo. For me, it seemed faster to juggle Rare Truffles in Neverland and satifying the occasional White Mushroom (which almost always dropped Goo when I hit it with two of one spell and then a random third... getting all three of one type wasn't nearly as successful, I assume everyone having Lucky Strike was what helped).

Holmes

White mushrooms spawn a lot outside the tent in Depp Jungle. Thats a pretty good place to get them, Wonderland forest is also really good.
Just walking back and forth until the spawn? I don't seem to be getting lucky. Seems to be a recurring theme for me tonight. I think I should reset my game and see if that helps any.

Qblivion

So I have an issue... I have every single character in "Characters 2," yes every single one, but still no yellow mark. Please tell me the game didn't break.

Bleep

Why can't I activate the red trinity in Halloween town? I stand next to it and I don't get a prompt.

I had the same problem, I decided to walk around the area and after fighting a unique enemy in that room I was able to activate it. I have no idea if they are actually related or if I just happened to get it to trigger afterwards, but that's how it worked for me.

Psxphile

Characters II: all the world-specific Disney characters and the Summon characters.

Hm. Do you still have a summon gem you've yet to release? Did you visit Geppetto and Pinocchio in Traverse Town to upgrade their entries?

Yep, all summons and I have most of the gummi ships from them.

Best solution is to find everyone and talk to them on each world.

Or just look up a guide and see who exactly you are missing. BTW how much have you finished? Are you at the end of the world?

Maybe Chernabog?

Groof

Man, beat Ursula last night and damn that fight was sooooo booooooooooriiiiiiiiinggggggggggggggggggggg and lasted way too fucking long. It was so monotone. Glad to be done with Atlantica for now.

Man, beat Ursula last night and damn that fight was sooooo booooooooooriiiiiiiiinggggggggggggggggggggg and lasted way too fucking long. It was so monotone. Glad to be done with Atlantica for now.

I've decided to do Halloween Town first this time around instead of Atlantica for my beginner run. Will make the Ursala fight easier at least.

Atlantica was always my worst world alongside Wonderland. Wonderland I don't really like for the characters and Atlantica because I tend to dislike swimming in games and this was no exception. Glad they changed it to a non-standard world in KHII. Woudn't mind some other worlds featuring a song or two (as a mini game, not the whole world, though).

SkylineRKR

I did Atlantica first and it was incredibly easy (I was level 30 perhaps). Even liked the world this time, it looks very good in HD and the music is fun. Ursula was really easy, but the fights aren't short. Mainly because I didn't carry Ethers during the first fight.

I had no problems with the swimming, its just that you can't use specials. But spamming a bit of Fira did wonders.

Groof

I did Atlantica first and it was incredibly easy (I was level 30 perhaps). Even liked the world this time, it looks very good in HD and the music is fun. Ursula was really easy, but the fights aren't short. Mainly because I didn't carry Ethers during the first fight.

It was definitely more bearable than in the original, and I agree, the music is catchy. But the 2nd Ursula fight just dragged on for way too long. It wasn't that it was hard, but that I had to keep clear a lot because she hits like a rabid chicken on Proud.

DeVeAn

I had the same problem, I decided to walk around the area and after fighting a unique enemy in that room I was able to activate it. I have no idea if they are actually related or if I just happened to get it to trigger afterwards, but that's how it worked for me.
I did the same but no new enemy appears.

The new enemy doesn't always appear. Also it might be that you already activated it and the mark still shows, this happened to me. I have all trinities collected but the mark is still there at the gate/arc thingy.

I should preface this by apologizing for what will probably be a bit of a mindless rant.

I played the original edition of the game upon release to completion and never revisited this world. Kingdom Hearts 2 came out at a really bad time for me, and Birth by Sleep I wanted to get but I just never got around to it and was hoping for a digital release.

Anyway, I picked this up alongside GTA V, and played the latter until about the 4th/5th story mission. Next time I found some time to game, I play Kingdom Hearts, and man oh man, it's like a sledgehammer of happiness.

There's no way for me to say this without sounding cheesy or over the top, but the world rendered here is so fucking joyful. Making a Japanese action RPG combining Disney and Square characters should be dumb and random, and yet it works so well.

Why? Cause these guys loved and respected the worlds they were bringing to life. I can't go back to GTA V now, not yet, not until I play this to completion again.

I admit, I'm going through some hard times right now, which is probably why this game feels like morphine right now.

Everything here just fits, it's vintage Disney and defines the most joyful kind of nostalgia, the interactive kind.

To all who were involved in making this come together back then: thanks, this is magic.

I'll shut up now.

I should preface this by apologizing for what will probably be a bit of a mindless rant.

I played the original edition of the game upon release to completion and never revisited this world. Kingdom Hearts 2 came out at a really bad time for me, and Birth by Sleep I wanted to get but I just never got around to it and was hoping for a digital release.

Anyway, I picked this up alongside GTA V, and played the latter until about the 4th/5th story mission. Next time I found some time to game, I play Kingdom Hearts, and man oh man, it's like a sledgehammer of happiness.

There's no way for me to say this without sounding cheesy or over the top, but the world rendered here is so fucking joyful. Making a Japanese action RPG combining Disney and Square characters should be dumb and random, and yet it works so well.

Why? Cause these guys loved and respected the worlds they were bringing to life. I can't go back to GTA V now, not yet, not until I play this to completion again.

I admit, I'm going through some hard times right now, which is probably why this game feels like morphine right now.

Everything here just fits, it's vintage Disney and defines the most joyful kind of nostalgia, the interactive kind.

To all who were involved in making this come together back then: thanks, this is magic.

I'll shut up now.

No need. The game is magic.

KH2 IMO doesn't quite match the height of KH1 when it comes to that magic but the combat, gummi ship ect are so much of an improvement that it can be forgiven. It still has quite a bit of the charm in it but the game (and the series) take a turn to become more of its own thing rather than purely Disney+SE with few original ideas to tie it together. Of course there is nothing bad about it but the pacing takes a hit IMO. You should look foreward to trying KH2 anyway (preferably the Final Mix/HD remaster version) since no matter what I say majority thinks KH2 as the best game in the series.

Ultima Weapon get! I'm finally done with synthesizing!

So the Bizarre Room in Wonderland was the absolute best spot to get lucid shards. The little heartless show up immediately as you enter the room, so I'd pop Bambi out and go to freakin' town on them. The best I did was 5 shards in one run. Otherwise I was still getting 3 or 4 at a time. I guess I got really lucky but that made it super easy.

Now it's time to do the Hades Cup challenges and fight Sephiroth and Unknown. Once that's done I'll see what's missing in Jiminy's journal and then it might be Gummi ship time.

Thanks for all the help!

demonkaze

So i'm just about to enter Hollow Bastion for the first time and I was wondering when was a good time to do some synthesizing? I've currently had 12 items mixed but I see now that the items I need are the ones from the new Final Mix enemies.

Is it a good idea to do that now, and if so, to what point should I do the synthesizing or should I wait until after Hollow Bastion and when I have the -aga spells?

So i'm just about to enter Hollow Bastion for the first time and I was wondering when was a good time to do some synthesizing? I've currently had 12 items mixed but I see now that the items I need are the ones from the new Final Mix enemies.

Is it a good idea to do that now, and if so, to what point should I do the synthesizing or should I wait until after Hollow Bastion and when I have the -aga spells?

Really depends whenever you want to do it. Enemies come tougher after HB so immediately after it is the worst time to do it but you catch up with the difficulty bump quite fast with levels so it really doesn't matter that much. Personally I did the synthesis stuff after reaching the final savepoint.

demonkaze

Really depends whenever you want to do it. Enemies come tougher after HB so immediately after it is the worst time to do it but you catch the difficulty bump quite fast with levels so it really doesn't matter that much. Personally I did the synthesis stuff after reaching the final savepoint.

This is what I was thinking, I'm guessing spells like Aeroga and Stopga help a lot on the new enemies. Playing on proud with Staff/Dusk and Lv 42 heading to Hollow Bastion, is this a good Lv?

This is what I was thinking, I'm guessing spells like Aeroga and Stopga help a lot on the new enemies. Playing on proud with Staff/Dusk and Lv 42 heading to Hollow Bastion, is this a good Lv?

Well that depends on how you feel you are doing don't it? ;) I think I was closer to 50 when I was there IIRC. Staff/Dusk/Proud too.

Of course with a game like KH it makes more sense to see for yourself how far you can get without stopping somewhere to grind IMO since the farther you get the faster you get EXP anyway. That's why I think Destiny Island grinders are a bit cray :)

Where would be a good place to grind a bit before Hollow Bastion, i've got an exp ring which helps a bit too.

Don't quote me on this but maybe Hercules Cup is one of the good ones since it has a Rare Truffle if you can keep it in the air. Otherwise Neverland heartless give the most Exp.

Seda

You'd want to grab Aerora of course for Neverland Truffles IIRC.

Does Aerora help with getting hits on them? I usually don't have much trouble at all launching a Rare Truffle into the air and then it basically becomes just timing the attack button in the air to keep them airborne, not even touching the analog stick.

Does Aerora help with getting hits on them? I usually don't have much trouble at all launching a Rare Truffle into the air and then it basically becomes just timing the attack button in the air to keep them airborne, not even touching the analog stick.

I didn't bother with Rare Truffles at all in my HD playthroughs but I remember doing it with Aerora in Neverland as a kid.

I'll shut up now.

KH1 is a Disney game with SE cameos.

KH2 is a SE game with Disney cameos.

KH1 is a Disney game with SE cameos.

KH2 is a SE game with Disney cameos.

This is a good way of saying it. Tho of course Disney still plays a HUUUUGE role in KH2, way more so than FF no doubt. It's just that KH2 (and CoM) really were the games when Nomura started to take it into your typical anime saga way.

Seda

To me, the by far most disappointing thing about KH2 is how
Maleficent become a bit of a joke villain. She felt a legitimate threat in KH1, and then her revival felt ominous and foreboding...and then....

To me, the by far most disappointing thing about KH2 is how
Maleficent become a bit of a joke villain. She felt a legitimate threat in KH1, and then her revival felt ominous and foreboding...and then....

Well at least it was better than in DDD :lol.

But I gotta admit
her Halloween Town appearance got a few chuckles out of me. ''I'll turn Santa Claus into Santa Heartless MWHAHAHA!'' sooooo silly and stupid :d

This is a good way of saying it. Tho of course Disney still plays a HUUUUGE role in KH2, way more so than FF no doubt. It's just that KH2 (and CoM) really were the games when Nomura started to take it into your typical anime saga way.

Exactly.

Still, I can't deny the obvious combat improvements in KH2. I've only played 1.5 HD for about an hour, but already I can tell 2.5 will be my most anticipated game next year along with Dark Souls 2. I was really surprised how well the original KH holds up today just with a simple HD makeover and some control tweaks.

Thats what happens when you have like what, 8 year gap between KH2 and this. It was the same actor at least.

He did have
a speaking role on BBS, right? I thought he sounded fine in that.
It amused me though, he sounded like the character he played on NCIS, rather than Xaldin.

Andrefpvs

Woohoo, beat
Riku II
on Proud n second try' at level 41!

I don't think I'll have any trouble at all from now on, unless the final bosses are stupidly hard

Oh, and I skipped Atlantica. Screw that world :p

Vashetti

Banned
Kinda wish I didn't defeat
Dragon Maleficent
and
Riku II
today.

I'm really not enjoying the forced difficulty spike after that where every enemy shoots up in level.

Currently level 54, tried the Hades Cup and Behemoth destroyed me. If I'm struggling now, how the hell am I going to contend with all the optional bosses?

Yikes.

Top Bottom