• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Is there any reason to bother with Rare Truffles beyond Mystery Goo (which I find easier to get from White Mushrooms) and easy Tech Points? The Rank items don't do anything from what I remember, and they don't affect any Trophies, right?

It's such a shame you can't get Mystery Goo from the Rare Truffle in the Hercules Cup. It'd be so easy to just spam that one by selecting its seed after beating the Hercules Cup time trial...

Not really. The rank items can be sold but that's it. I didn't bother with Rare Truffles either on my 100% run. Did everything with White Mushrooms since that gave other synthesis items as well and I feel the chances of mystery goo are quite high with them as well.

<--- ;-;

But indeed the Rare Truffle in HC is excellent for some fast easy exp points when the cup becomes available if that is your thing.

Not really. The rank items can be sold but that's it. I didn't bother with Rare Truffles either on my 100% run. Did everything with White Mushrooms since that gave other synthesis items as well and I feel the chances of mystery goo are quite high with them as well.

<--- ;-;

But indeed the Rare Truffle in HC is excellent for some fast easy exp points when the cup becomes available if that is your thing.

Yeah, that's how I feel too. That's a relief as I'm not very good at keeping Rare Truffles in the air (aside from the one in the Hercules Cup), but now I feel bad for the one in your avatar! :(

Is there any reason to bother with Rare Truffles beyond Mystery Goo (which I find easier to get from White Mushrooms) and easy Tech Points? The Rank items don't do anything from what I remember, and they don't affect any Trophies, right?

It's such a shame you can't get Mystery Goo from the Rare Truffle in the Hercules Cup. It'd be so easy to just spam that one by selecting its seed after beating the Hercules Cup time trial...
Elixirs. The best source of both types of Elixir is Rare Truffles. By the time you get to a high level, you can give everyone a Mega/Elixir on every slot and still save some on your bag.

Elixirs. The best source of both types of Elixir is Rare Truffles. By the time you get to a high level, you can give everyone a Mega/Elixir on every slot and still save some on your bag.

I had way too many Elixirs+Megalixirs anyway personally :lol. But then again I never used them outside the optional bosses.

First off, I'd like to say screw Sniper Wilds. I'm on beginner and these stupid things are making me rage. I did manage to squeeze a couple stones out of them though. I'll go back for the rest. I've found that the others are all pretty easy. Even the Black Ballades (sp?) that do the sea shell game. I got 6 stones from them super quickly. I've always been good at those games though.

The only thing, besides Sniper Wilds, that I'm concerned about is just how many Lucid shards I'm going to have to farm. I think I need 40+ at the moment if my calculations are correct. Where's the best place to bust that out?

Holmes

First off, I'd like to say screw Sniper Wilds. I'm on beginner and these stupid things are making me rage. I did manage to squeeze a couple stones out of them though. I'll go back for the rest. I've found that the others are all pretty easy. Even the Black Ballades (sp?) that do the sea shell game. I got 6 stones from them super quickly. I've always been good at those games though.

The only thing, besides Sniper Wilds, that I'm concerned about is just how many Lucid shards I'm going to have to farm. I think I need 40+ at the moment if my calculations are correct. Where's the best place to bust that out?
The waves before Giga Shadows? And I found killing all Giga Shadows nets me one shard too. If there's a better way I'd like to hear it.

Betty

Banned

The best place for Lucid shards is the Wonderland Bizzare Room, 3 sets of Shadows spawn there as well as the Gigas Shadows that drop Fury Stones.

Best place for lucid shards is to summon Bambi in Monstro. I did it in chamber 3 IIRC. Any place will do that has lots of enemies.

Of course with Wonderland you can do the Gigas Shadows at the same time.

Holmes

Do the White Mushroom that precede the Prink Agricus eventually disappear? I've found two and the third is literally nowhere to be found. My HUD doesn't even turn red to indicate any is near. Shit's infuriating.

edit: Found him. He was on a high platform that's on a pole near the boat. Had to go on the roof. smh

Do the White Mushroom that precede the Prink Agricus eventually disappear? I've found two and the third is literally nowhere to be found. My HUD doesn't even turn red to indicate any is near. Shit's infuriating.

Never seen it happen and once I took like forever to get to one because I was screwing up. I have heard that sometimes the one that is supposed to spawn on the boat can bug. At least if there is a timer it should be very forgiving.

Noi

Trying to activate the red trinity in the Oogie Boogie area post-beating the boss, but I'm not getting a prompt to use it. Is this normal...?

Seda

Trying to activate the red trinity in the Oogie Boogie area post-beating the boss, but I'm not getting a prompt to use it. Is this normal...?

Seems like you have to roam the area a bit, kill some Wight Nights and then a Chimera first.

Holmes

Ah, got all the Power Stones that I need. Sniper Wilds turned out to be not so bad, in my opinion. I mean, I was being overly generous with Stopga, but hey. Worked for me. My best was 23 consecutive Sniper Wilds.

Does anyone have access to a KH1: Final Mix level-up bonus chart? (Not just the levels at which abilities are learned, but the actual stat bumps that you get.)

I'm mainly curious because I'm trying to figure out just how much Mythril I'll need to grind out in order to get enough AP Ups to equip one hundred percent of Sora's abilities. Trying to figure out how many AP boosts Sora's got left at Level 76/Staff.

I am getting mauled by the guard armor. Donald and goofy literally just die right off the bat and I can only take a couple of hits before I die.

Holmes

Has anyone actually used Final Rest as a good place to farm Mythril? Bambi's ain't dropping any. Just Mythril Shards. Don't wanna have to do extra synthesis for Mythrils but I can see the writing on the wall.

What do people need all these Lucid Shards for?
Dark Matter.

Seda

Has anyone actually used Final Rest as a good place to farm Mythril? Bambi's ain't dropping any. Just Mythril Shards. Don't wanna have to do extra synthesis for Mythrils but I can see the writing on the wall.

It's only viable the first time there when you fight several waves of enemies, as the emblem breaks away before Final Rest.

McNum

So let's see...

Sora at level 44 (Staff), 10 MP, 90/99 Dalmatians, Lady Luck in hand, Magic as upgraded as it can be.

I do believe it's time to go to Hollow Bastion and continue the story in progress there and face
Riku II and Maleficent
. It will be those fights that will show if I'm rusty at Kingdom Hearts or not. Especially the first of the two. Never had much trouble with the other one.

Anything you think I need to do? I know I don't have all the Trinities, but I imagine there'll be some world revisiting to get the synthesis stuff, so it's okay. I'll grab those later. I might check if I have a bunch of Elixirs ready, just in case I need them. No Second Chance at this point is a little worrisome. But I made my choice in the beginning, and this is the drawback. Just gotta tough it out.

Edit: Also I didn't know that Bambi dropped THAT much MP just by being there. I have to remember to call him if I need a refill.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
But it's only 720p with either MSAA or some Post AA

No it's not. It's much, much higher than 720p. It outputs in 1080p while rendering at a SLIGHTLY lower resolution with black borders, by default, to keep a 1:1 pixel ratio (or close to it - i haven't gone counting them yet :p) hence the sharpness at native resolution. It's easy to tell the difference between 720p w/AA upscaled to 1080p, and native 1080p.

Even saying "it's somewhere between 720p and 1080p" is pretty disingenuous because the difference between the two is MASSIVE and it's far closer to the latter. It's annoying that the OP hasn't been changed yet and that people are still saying this. It's no Okami but it's still impressive.

No it's not. It's much, much higher than 720p. It outputs in 1080p while rendering at a SLIGHTLY lower resolution with black borders, by default, to keep a 1:1 pixel ratio (or close to it - i haven't gone counting them yet :p) hence the sharpness at native resolution. It's easy to tell the difference between 720p w/AA upscaled to 1080p, and native 1080p.

Even saying "it's somewhere between 720p and 1080p" is pretty disingenuous because the difference between the two is MASSIVE and it's far closer to the latter. It's annoying that the OP hasn't been changed yet and that people are still saying this. It's no Okami but it's still impressive.

Someone in the thread posted earlier saying that it was only rendering at 810p or something like that.

Pretty crazy how clear it looks consiering it's closer to 720 than it is to 1080.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Someone in the thread posted earlier saying that it was only rendering at 810p or something like that.

Pretty crazy how clear it looks consiering it's closer to 720 than it is to 1080.

link? is it an official source or did they count by hand? 810p could still be something like 1920x810. Upscales of that magnitude simply don't look this sharp. I don't buy it.

Not to mention there would be telltale signs of artifacting at 1080p due to the awful ps3 internal scaler. Look at NGS2 for example.

Seda

link? is it an official source or did they count by hand? 810p could still be something like 1920x810. Upscales of that magnitude simply don't look this sharp.

Internal resolutions (got from Debug PS3):

KH1.5HD
1440x810 @30fps + 2x MSAA / 1280 x 720 @30fps + 4x MSAA

There are no PS2 remasters that go over the 768p thing at 60fps, there's just not enough VRAM for such thing. BTW there are not many games that do 1920x1080 on PS3 whether it's @30fps or 60fps, most of the nearest to FULLHD ones are the ones that run at 1440x1080 (anamorphic).

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Kingdom-Hearts-1-5-HD-strange-screenshot?pid=280140#pid280140

Posted by R10Neymarfan earlier.

damn that's nice

Ragnarok is definately better. You need to time the last attack right so that you get most lasers.

7yEgkOZ.jpg

Holmes

Mmm. Four Mythrils in one hour at Final Rest. Was kind of frustrating and I think not worth it. Could've just farmed for Mystery Goo's and synthesized them instead.

Holmes

What's the best way to get White Mushrooms to spawn? And does using Trinity Limit against Black Mushrooms always yield a Mystery Goo?

What's the best way to get White Mushrooms to spawn? And does using Trinity Limit against Black Mushrooms always yield a Mystery Goo?

White mushrooms spawn a lot outside the tent in Depp Jungle. Thats a pretty good place to get them, Wonderland forest is also really good.

Top Bottom