• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Fvx5lUb.jpg

I don't even have a PS3 and I would buy it at that price :eek:

Voror

So I managed to hit three of the Mushrooms with Stop in Atlantica and then a giant one appeared with an HP bar and is dancing. What am I supposed to do to this thing?

Christopher

Man thanks to all your help with the synthesis items you guys really helped me out.

I can't get the shadows to appear in wonderland

Holmes

Is there nothing more discouraging than watching two Dazzling Stones slowly fall into the water and being too slow to catch them?

Voror

Thanks!

You have to cast Stop and try to land as many hits as possible to get rare items, but it's better to try that with the one that appears in Deep Jungle.

Ah, thanks. But I also didn't get a Stop Arts item from the mushrooms. Any reason for that or just bad luck?

Holmes

Farming for synthesis items is daunting and annoying, but if I can upgrade every weapon in NieR without losing my mind, then this shouldn't be too much of a challenge. Except for the Sniper Wilds, maybe.

Is there nothing more discouraging than watching two Dazzling Stones slowly fall into the water and being too slow to catch them?

Farming for synthesis items is daunting and annoying, but if I can upgrade every weapon in NieR without losing my mind, then this shouldn't be too much of a challenge. Except for the Sniper Wilds, maybe.

I think you answered your own question. ;) Watching two Dazzling Stones disappear into the water is incredibly discouraging... second only to fighting/farming Sniperwilds in general. I fucking hate those things. All the other rare items are easy enough to farm, just tedious -- these take the cake for being tedious AND difficult. I've tried sneaking up on them from every entrance into the Second District, stopping one/killing it/running away, etc., and one of the ones I'm not currently killing always ends up seeing me. Ugh. Whoever at Square thought they'd make a great addition to Final Mix... well, I have a few choice words for them.

Holmes

Can I just blast Sniper Wilds away with Firaga? Is that a viable strategy? I chose Shield so the most MP I can have right now is 13. Is that enough?

I might be wrong on this one, but I never go back and forth in a room to get rare heartless. Instead I soft reset. The RNG seems to be more forgiving if you "just started playing".

I also hope they put soft reset in 2.5.

I actually feel like my luck increases the longer I've been playing lol. Maybe it's just me.
Plus it's potentially just my PS3 but saving seems to take forever and I couldn't deal with that every time I go to soft reset.

Can I just blast Sniper Wilds away with Firaga? Is that a viable strategy? I chose Shield so the most MP I can have right now is 13. Is that enough?

You need to spam it, since as far as I can tell only every other one hits (or something), but it works, yes.

Mattiator

If you care about story or not being lost at all, might as well play through Re:CoM and then watch the Days cutscenes. Both are 100% canon although they are spin offs. Re:CoM isn't very long if you play on Easy. Note the plot takes a weird turn or two, and there's a lot of silly stuff but a few interesting things here and there.

Or alternatively you can just find the Re:CoM cutscenes on Youtube.

also

~Friendly reminder to mark spoilers~

Right on thanks for the info, I will play one and watch the other, I got bbs I just gotta dig out my psp. I love this series.

I didn't realize I placed a spoiler, I'm guessing it was the
staff
sorry about that will make sure to do it from now on.

Seda

Right on thanks for the info, I will play one and watch the other, I got bbs I just gotta dig out my psp. I love this series.

I didn't realize I placed a spoiler, I'm guessing it was the
staff
sorry about that will make sure to do it from now on.

No, you didn't, I was just speaking in general. Somebody mentioned a specific event in Days.

Where are some white mushrooms that want stop and aero used on them?

Aero Arts is located in the Graveyard in Halloween World.

Stop is more tricky. You need to go to the Ends of World before the Final Rest and pray that the mushrooms let you use stop on them.

Its so stupid how Square broke this.

In KH Vanilla you usually got Stop Arts in Atlantica underwater. But nope, now they have that shitty Pink Mushroom which ruins everything!

If anyone got Stop Arts anywhere else, please let me know so I can retract my statement.

Seda

Stop is more tricky. You need to go to the Ends of World before the Final Rest and pray that the mushrooms let you use stop on them.

In KH Vanilla you usually got Stop Arts in Atlantica underwater. But nope, now they have that shitty Pink Mushroom which ruins everything!

If anyone got Stop Arts anywhere else, please let me know so I can retract my statement.

Inside the Sunken Ship in Atlantica.

Inside the Sunken Ship in Atlantica.

Thanks! Just got both

Step

Welp that was something.

I decided to leave #TeamStaff and went back to my original choice on vanilla KH +Sword-Staff char.

Riku II
got owned so badly I felt bad for him, he could only use Dark Aura once and I was able to spam counter attack until his guard was down, definetly I'm not a mage on any game.

Sora's smile while stabbing himself always bring a tear to my eyes he is the best guy T~T

Welp that was something.

I decided to leave #TeamStaff and went back to my original choice on vanilla KH +Sword-Staff char.

Riku II
got owned so badly I felt bad for him, he could only use Dark Aura once and I was able to spam counter attack until his guard was down, definetly I'm not a mage on any game.

Sora's smile while stabbing himself always bring a tear to my eyes he is the best guy T~T

Thats right man! #TeamSword is the way to go. :D

KH 2.5 needs to be announced next E3 and then KH 3 release date at next TGS.

When Sora begged Saix to get Kairi back.... dem feels. Felt so satisfying to kill Saix and rescue Kairi later on in the game. Sora X Riku fangirls/boys can cry all they want but Kairi is Sora's princess and nothing will change that. Their Bromance is awesome but it isn't romance. Axel and Saix though, lol.

Seda

Hey guys, after leaving Traverse Town when you get Donald and Goofy, should I do the Coliseum next?

I like to stop by there to grab Thunder magic (but not fighting in the preliminaries yet) before going to Wonderland.

Been playing through Re:CoM. While this game has slightly more iffy voice acting due to a) Haley seemingly trying to sound younger and b) matching lines to lips, I think David does a really great job with Riku
and Repliku
outside of one weirdly inflected 'Sora!'. I've stated this before.

I also thought David's performance in Dream Drop Distance was notably better than Haley's as well.

DPtheGod

I like to stop by there to grab Thunder magic (but not fighting in the preliminaries yet) before going to Wonderland.

Been playing through Re:CoM. While this game has slightly more iffy voice acting due to a) Haley seemingly trying to sound younger and b) matching lines to lips, I think David does a really great job with Riku
and Repliku
outside of one weirdly inflected 'Sora!'. I've stated this before.

I also thought David's performance in Dream Drop Distance was notably better than Haley's as well.

Thanks for the tip. I was fighting the prelims and dying about 7 matches in :(

Thanks for the tip. I was fighting the prelims and dying about 7 matches in :(

A general tip for first time players is to level up at least by 2-3 levels per world or 4-5 for Proud mode.

Say you left Destiny Island at level 7ish after Darkside and some farming of Exp.

You should hit 10-12 at the end of Traverse town.

14/15 at Wonderland

16/17 at Colosium as the enemies over there don't give as much exp and its hard to solo with Sora at the very beginning.

Level 20 by the end of Deep Jungle or higher.

Now here is where it gets tricky. Air Pirates appear in Traverse town so that makes things a bit harder. You have to be careful not to get killed by those guys.

24/25 by the end of Traverse town 2.

Then Aladdin's world should end with you near the 30s.

Monstro is next and you should leave at the 32/33 range considering how much exp you need to level up and the time it takes.

Then either Atlantica or Halloween Town which nets you another 2-3 each if you don't bother farming so around the 41ish level range.

Neverland is the next stop and you should try to hit level 45
Then we get to Hollow Bastion. You should be near level 50 or higher for the Riku fights.

Then its grinding hell as you try to hit the high 60s to beat the optional bosses and try to grab everything in Proud mode.

Overall you work your through the rest of the 40 levels to reach the unstoppable level 100.

Technically after level 80 no one except the Super Bosses can beat you and Sepiroth cannot even kill you lol.

DPtheGod

A general tip for first time players is to level up at least by 2-3 levels per world or 4-5 for Proud mode.

Say you left Destiny Island at level 7ish after Darkside and some farming of Exp.

You should hit 10-12 at the end of Traverse town.

14/15 at Wonderland

16/17 at Colosium as the enemies over there don't give as much exp and its hard to solo with Sora at the very beginning.

Level 20 by the end of Deep Jungle or higher.

Now here is where it gets tricky. Air Pirates appear in Traverse town so that makes things a bit harder. You have to be careful not to get killed by those guys.

24/25 by the end of Traverse town 2.

Then Aladdin's world should end with you near the 30s.

Monstro is next and you should leave at the 32/33 range considering how much exp you need to level up and the time it takes.

Then either Atlantica or Halloween Town which nets you another 2-3 each if you don't bother farming so around the 41ish level range.

Neverland is the next stop and you should try to hit level 45
Then we get to Hollow Bastion. You should be near level 50 or higher for the Riku fights.

Then its grinding hell as you try to hit the high 60s to beat the optional bosses and try to grab everything in Proud mode.

Overall you work your through the rest of the 40 levels to reach the unstoppable level 100.

Technically after level 80 no one except the Super Bosses can beat you and Sepiroth cannot even kill you lol.

This will definitely come in handy as a guide, thank you Crimsonlink!

I have played this one before (original US version) back when it first came out, and only played it once. I feel like I don't know the game at all anymore haha. So, it kind of feels like a nice, first time experience. I started right when I beat Tales of Xillia, so going from such fast paced combat to this leaves the fights more difficult than they actually are.

Still, absolutely loving the game. I can't wait for them to get in gear and drop 2.5. KH2 all day!

How much of the treasures and stuff are able to be missed? I know you can miss out on the Pretty Stone if you lose to Riku in the race in the beginning.

This will definitely come in handy as a guide, thank you Crimsonlink!

I have played this one before (original US version) back when it first came out, and only played it once. I feel like I don't know the game at all anymore haha. So, it kind of feels like a nice, first time experience. I started right when I beat Tales of Xillia, so going from such fast paced combat to this leaves the fights more difficult than they actually are.

Still, absolutely loving the game. I can't wait for them to get in gear and drop 2.5. KH2 all day!

How much of the treasures and stuff are able to be missed? I know you can miss out on the Pretty Stone if you lose to Riku in the race in the beginning.

You are welcome Depu. Glad you are having fun :)

Treasures aren't as important as in KH2 where they counted for Journal completion.

You can miss a ton of them and not worry. With the exception of Aerora which for some reason is in a chest in Neverland, you can safely miss most if not all treasure chests.

Some are smack dab in your face and have nice things like Power Ups and other Ups.

Also some synth materials such as Dark Matter is important to get if you want to make Synthsis much easier or want the Ultima Keyblade.

Speaking of which, for all the trouble the Ultima Keyblade is worth why not increase it's stats more so that it actually is the Ultimate Keyblade instead of a slightly better one and thats only in KH1. In KH2 Fenrir is better imho.

Trinities are unmissable now so you are good on that front. Can't think of anything in particular that you can miss in the Final Mix version.

Pretty Stones are hardly something to miss. I opened my beginner file and lost to Riku due to arrogance and just went on. It only sells for 100 Munny which is chump change lol. Plus its fun seeing Sora's face when Riku beats him. Not that you shouldn't beat him if only for glory and Riku's sour face lol.

DPtheGod

Haha sounds good, thanks a lot! I am glad Trinitys are all easily obtainable now. Here's another q! I beat the gummi ship missions for both the route to the Coliseum and also Wonderland, yet only got one trophy. That's normal right? Just wanted to be sure it didn't glitch!

I am about to tell the Queen of Hearts off :D

Haha sounds good, thanks a lot! I am glad Trinitys are all easily obtainable now. Here's another q! I beat the gummi ship missions for both the route to the Coliseum and also Wonderland, yet only got one trophy. That's normal right? Just wanted to be sure it didn't glitch!

I am about to tell the Queen of Hearts off :D

Yeah, you get 3 trophies based on doing one mission of each level. So you do Traverse Towns 3 gummi missions then you get all 3 trophies. You can mix and match as well. Do one gummi mission in one world while you do two missions in another and so on so forth.

Just a bit of warning, watch out which side you put Monstro on. You don't want him in the path of Atlantica which has an annoying Gummi mission so put him on the Halloween Town side. You can do this right after Aladdin's world.

You tell that Queen of Hearts off. ;)

I was actually hopeing that the Queen of Hearts would turn into a heartless when I first played this game if only to make a bad joke lol.

"The Queen of Hearts is a Heartless Queen"..................... >.>^

Yeah.... maybe I should make jokes like that lol.

DPtheGod

Lol that would have been cool. Would have been nice to slay her as such! Goofy failed me! :( He fainted and by the time I could heal him I got instapwned by one of the huge heartless and a fireball from one of those mage heartless.

One thing Traverse Town taught me is save often lol. Bosses I wipe out so far, the basic heartless destroy me -.-

Have you beat the FM edition before?

Lol that would have been cool. Would have been nice to slay her as such! Goofy failed me! :( He fainted and by the time I could heal him I got instapwned by one of the huge heartless and a fireball from one of those mage heartless.

One thing Traverse Town taught me is save often lol. Bosses I wipe out so far, the basic heartless destroy me -.-

Have you beat the FM edition before?

Well I played Vanilla KH and beat it over 10 times. Watched all of Final Mix videos is another reason why I know so much.

Just recently beat the HD version so no I haven't technically beaten the "original" FM edition.

Anyways I'm curious as to which mode you are playing on.

I''m going to assume Proud if you are having a lot of trouble.

Healing Goofy or Donald isn't always worth it, with potions especially. They auto recover especially with their eventual Second Wind ability.

The Fat Heart can be hit on the head. If you have guard you can block his charge and get a few whacks on him. Usually enough to kill him. If he throws his little tantrum after his health is reduced, you can jump and get a quick combo off to kill him. Or use Triangle to force your companions to attack the Fat Heartless.

Always give priority to the highest damage dealers is the best way to clear rooms of heartless. Mage heartless do petty amounts of damage compared to the physical hits a Fat Heartless gives you.

The basic heartless are usually the most dangerous because they come in groups and attack viciously, especially in Proud Mode. Its sometimes better to retreat than to see the continue screen by overstaying your welcome.

I remember this one time I got into the red zone and both my partners were knocked out so I high tailed out of the area and recovered.

DPtheGod

I forgot about the triangle trick lol. Yeah I am playing on Proud :)

It gets kind of frustrating because it seems in some battles you can go from half of your health to dead from just one attack or combination of hits.

I have fled twice from some regular heartless lol. And I have fought my way to Lvl 15, so I am hoping I can destroy the boss!

In the tea party garden, how do you get the chests hiding above the bizarre room? :(

Psxphile

After all these years I still wonder where did Nomura get
Ansems final form design from

I want to say... Final Fantasy VI.

How about getting a Rare Truffle up to 99 hits and then whiffing #100? :(
Ah well, it's not that difficult to do in Neverland anyway.

Treasure Magnet will increase your chances of catching those drops, unless you're trying to fight it from afar.

I might be wrong on this one, but I never go back and forth in a room to get rare heartless. Instead I soft reset. The RNG seems to be more forgiving if you "just started playing".

Hm. Seems like more trouble than its worth. I've been farming like crazy recently, and for me the proven method is to use the two room away method. This is especially great in places like Agrabah, where the 2nd room away has Black Mushroom spawns for potential Mystery Goo drops. 2 birds with one stone.

And don't use Encounter Up for Rare Heartless. It doesn't work.

Nearing endgame soon.
Riku II
was resilient but went down without too much hassle. I must be over-leveled (50-ish).

It gets kind of frustrating because it seems in some battles you can go from half of your health to dead from just one attack or combination of hits.

I have fled twice from some regular heartless lol. And I have fought my way to Lvl 15, so I am hoping I can destroy the boss!

In the tea party garden, how do you get the chests hiding above the bizarre room? :(

Its better to come back for most of the chests after High Jump or Glide. Much easier and less effort required.

If you really want them though, you need to go through the different pathways each room has.

If I remember correctly an entrance on the side takes you to the top most area of the bizarre room but you'll have to explore to find out.

Atruvius

When that happens you should level up a few times or find better equipment so you'll die in three hits instead of two. ;)

I also hope they put soft reset in 2.5.

Soft reset is in most Square games from what I remember.

Doing my item farming. Black Ballades were not fun. After 2 goes they become ridiculous to track. Luckily it's not a real fight otherwise I'd have broken a controller. Currently getting my Serenity Powers, which is going... meh. Got one before I quit for the night. Ars Acanum works better for me. Ragnarok not even once... Will move onto Sniper Wilds after this.

Soft reset is in most Square games from what I remember.

Doing my item farming. Black Ballades were not fun. After 2 goes they become ridiculous to track. Luckily it's not a real fight otherwise I'd have broken a controller. Currently getting my Serenity Powers, which is going... meh. Got one before I quit for the night. Ars Acanum works better for me. Ragnarok not even once... Will move onto Sniper Wilds after this.

Ragnarok is definately better. You need to time the last attack right so that you get most lasers.

Is there any reason to bother with Rare Truffles beyond Mystery Goo (which I find easier to get from White Mushrooms) and easy Tech Points? The Rank items don't do anything from what I remember, and they don't affect any Trophies, right?

It's such a shame you can't get Mystery Goo from the Rare Truffle in the Hercules Cup. It'd be so easy to just spam that one by selecting its seed after beating the Hercules Cup time trial...

Top Bottom