• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Mediking

I'm really curious to see how Sora's final face will be... because it looks like it's constantly changing depending on lightning and other stuff....

KH2 Sora aka KH DDD Sora:
e692679752ff89d25f45bad690ee243a.jpg

But then... we go to this?

tumblr_o1d8qya4lA1utqb9do1_400.gif

KH31.jpg

tumblr_nq2dfgWlm91qbqhhuo1_500.png

These KH3 Sora face models are dead... I guess:

I'm really curious to see how Sora's final face will be... because it looks like it's constantly changing depending on lightning and other stuff....

KH2 Sora aka KH DDD Sora:
e692679752ff89d25f45bad690ee243a.jpg

But then... we go to this?

tumblr_o1d8qya4lA1utqb9do1_400.gif

KH31.jpg

tumblr_nq2dfgWlm91qbqhhuo1_500.png

These KH3 Sora face models are dead... I guess:
I absolutely love new sora. I think I'm I'm the minority tho a lot of people don't seem to like his face

Mediking

I absolutely love new sora. I think I'm I'm the minority tho a lot of people don't seem to like his face

New Sora doesn't look bad but I really need to see him speak and do his expressive facial expressions in a cutscene or something because he just looks so drastically different from KH DDD/KH2. His face is so dang different.

You know what? I'll accept the derpiest face there is if in return Soras IQ doesn't drop another 50 points like it felt in DDD.

And I'm all for Sora for being a good guy with some cheesy lines but tone it down a bit.

Malyse

You know what? I'll accept the derpiest face there is if in return Soras IQ doesn't drop another 50 points like it felt in DDD.

And I'm all for Sora for being a good guy with some cheesy lines but tone it down a bit.

Sora is a legit idiot in all of the games tho

Lol I'm dumb.

The Goku Effect.

Justified by plot.
KH1 - Searching for Kairi and Riku. Stressed.
CoM - Searching for Riku and Naminé, Riku is Evil!Riku again. Stressed.
KH2 - Searching for Riku. Still. Finds out Kairi is missing. Stressed.
D3 - Riku is safe. Kairi is safe. Revert to Destiny Islands personality.

I wish unchained was a 3ds game.

I've been saying that for a while. Streetpass
and an Amiibo line
could only make it more fun.

Justified by plot.

and an Amiibo line
Lol his friends admit he's alil slow tho.

botty

Banned
Justified by plot.

and an Amiibo line

It deserves to be a full game. I think the platform/set up it has is clearly holding it back from being something on par with CoM.

also

Banned
So now that Disney is out of the games business does this mean the series can go digital?(Assuming it's not just Utada and her music)
There are Disney PS1 classics so the problem can't be Disney refusing to go digital. When they made the original games and contracted Utada, I doubt they included downloadable releases in the contract. Utada complained that DIsney doesn't pay enough so I guess Disney didn't want to renegotiate and pay for the rights for downloadable releases and I don't think that will change.
Honestly, they should just kick Utada out for KH3 and beyond so we can finally get some new iconic themes. As much as I like Simple and Clean and Sanctuary, I'm sick and tired of hearing them.

There are Disney PS1 classics so the problem can't be Disney refusing to go digital. When they made the original games and contracted Utada, I doubt they included downloadable releases in the contract. Utada complained that DIsney doesn't pay enough so I guess Disney didn't want to renegotiate and pay for the rights for downloadable releases and I don't think that will change.
Honestly, they should just kick Utada out for KH3 and beyond so we can finally get some new iconic themes. As much as I like Simple and Clean and Sanctuary, I'm sick and tired of hearing them.

There's other issues beyond these two main theories that fans take as facts - neither has been confirmed,but they have been denied, at least for BBS. I believe Nomura said it wasn't due to either Utada or Disney,but he couldnt say why either - around the time of BBS (If I'm remembering the game correctly, I saw the interview linked 2-3 years ago).

This was the best I could find with a quick google, its late here and I'm about to sleep http://www.siliconera.com/2011/02/2...ingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleeps-absence-on-psn/

also

Banned
There's other issues beyond these two main theories that fans take as facts - neither has been confirmed,but they have been denied, at least for BBS. I believe Nomura said it wasn't due to either Utada or Disney,but he couldnt say why either - around the time of BBS (If I'm remembering the game correctly, I saw the interview linked 2-3 years ago).

This was the best I could find with a quick google, its late here and I'm about to sleep http://www.siliconera.com/2011/02/2...ingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleeps-absence-on-psn/
I'm aware of that quote but I think Nomura is just making stuff up because he doesn't to paint any of the companies involved in a bad light.

Malyse

So now that Disney is out of the games business does this mean the series can go digital?(Assuming it's not just Utada and her music)

Crisis Core isn't on PSN and Hikaru doesn't own those songs. Also, I bought Heartstation on iTunes when it came out so she has no problem with digital music.

Mediking

I know Uncharted 4 is completely different from KH... but in UC4 there's a cool mechanic where you get to choose what Nate says in dialogue sometimes. I think it would be pretty freaking awesome if like Kairi asked you something like, "Hey, let's go to the next world together!" Then the camera pans to Sora and you can choose: "Yeah!" or "Maybe next time!" or "Stay here and train!"

Or maybe King Mickey asks a question to Aqua like, "What's more important to you?" And you can choose either "friendship" or "getting the heck outta here."

What do you guys think?

I know Uncharted 4 is completely different from KH... but in UC4 there's a cool mechanic where you get to choose what Nate says in dialogue sometimes. I think it would be pretty freaking awesome if like Kairi asked you something like, "Hey, let's go to the next world together!" Then the camera pans to Sora and you can choose: "Yeah!" or "Maybe next time!" or "Stay here and train!"

Or maybe King Mickey asks a question to Aqua like, "What's more important to you?" And you can choose either "friendship" or "getting the heck outta here."

What do you guys think?
If I tell kairi yea..will she actually come, if so sure why not

Mediking

Shonen anime/manga in KH....

Dragon Ball Z style:

Sora = Goku

Riku = Vegeta

Kairi = Chi-Chi

Xehanort = Cell

Ventus = Braddock (Goku's dad)

Roxas = Teen Gohan/Adult Trunks

One Piece style:

Sora = Luffy

Riku = Zolo

Xehanort = Buggy the Clown

Kairi = Robin

Ventus = Luffy's Dad

Naruto style:

Sora = Naruto

Riku = Sasuke

Xehanort = Orochimaru or lmao pick any bad guy in Naruto. They almost always come back.

Kairi = Hinata

So supposedly the SE financials show 2.8 planned for the west in 2016. I hope we get the date at E3.

I also remembered that I'm strangely looking foreward to the Nomura boxart. DDD+Chi could allow for a funky look if they wanted to. The pink logo certainly gets the vibes from DDD.

Doe I dunno if Nomura can top Goblin Xehanort.

Mediking

So supposedly the SE financials show 2.8 planned for the west in 2016. I hope we get the date at E3.

I also remembered that I'm strangely looking foreward to the Nomura boxart. DDD+Chi could allow for a funky look if they wanted to. The pink logo certainly gets the vibes from DDD.

Doe I dunno if Nomura can top Goblin Xehanort.

KH 2.8's cover.... It'll prolly be Sora, Riku and Aqua posing in a dark night with a Heart shaped moon in the background.

aravuus

It's your own fault for not playing a free game.

Well sure, but I thought the Android game didn't have any story bits yet or something? And the game would be updated with more missions and actual story stuff later on.

Or something.

e: W/e I'll just look up Malyse's brief 24k word story (?) explanation tomorrow

Or wait for 2.8 like Sanji said.

Malyse

Well sure, but I thought the Android game didn't have any story bits yet or something? And the game would be updated with more missions and actual story stuff later on.

Or something.
But you know who the Foretellers are within minutes of starting. At least, you'll know yours, and in under an hour you hit the first important cutscene.

I can tell you who they are in short order, but without the context of why they matter that's sort of a pointless exercise.

aravuus

Huh, guess I either never got very far in the game or just sucked at paying attention, then.

FWIW, the game is super choppy on my GS2 tablet. Not really fun to play like that.

Top Bottom