• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Mediking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2e7bX2oVlQ ?

Had to go through a couple of pages of search hits on Youtube to find this, and.. Well, the KH fandom is really something.

tumblr_me5tj1cgvP1qbc2ylo4_500.gif

I was about to say this looks incredibly embarrassing but then I remembered that loving something can make you do crazy things. :)

Hey guys, I'm playing through the 1.5 Collection (currently finishing KHFM and will begin Re:CoM soon), and soon I'll buy the 2.5 Collection, Days and Re:coded (I know apparently a lot of people hate the DS games but hey I'm pretty open :p and full game > cutscenes for me anyways), in which order should I play these games? (Note: I have already completed normal KH2 before).

Also something random but wow never knew they were planning to do a TV series: http://sethkearsley.deviantart.com/art/Kingdom-Hearts-Pilot-Board-415016339?offset=100#comments

I know I say this often, but every year Once Upon a Time creeps closer and closer to becoming Kingdom Hearts.

They're literally splitting people into light and dark halves now.

Disney owns the Heartless, I'm sure they can stick them in as a evil force as easily as they did Pan's shadow.

Hey guys, I'm playing through the 1.5 Collection (currently finishing KHFM and will begin Re:CoM soon), and soon I'll buy the 2.5 Collection, Days and Re:coded (I know apparently a lot of people hate the DS games but hey I'm pretty open :p and full game > cutscenes for me anyways), in which order should I play these games? (Note: I have already completed normal KH2 before).

Also something random but wow never knew they were planning to do a TV series: http://sethkearsley.deviantart.com/art/Kingdom-Hearts-Pilot-Board-415016339?offset=100#comments

Well you need to play the coded last, kh2 and bbs can be played in either order. However,
There's 3 ways to play the series :
The order of release
Chonological
Or the HD remix order

I'd go with the last since that's the way I prefer it now that I've played all of the series and its also the order of release for the 2.5 games.

Malyse

Well you need to play the coded last, kh2 and bbs can be played in either order. However,
There's 3 ways to play the series :
The order of release
Chonological
Or the HD remix order

I'd go with the last since that's the way I prefer it now that I've played all of the series and its also the order of release for the 2.5 games.
Nope! Order of release. Days has KH2 spoilers.

Famassu

As said, you have several ways to play the game. There's the order of release:

KH1
(Re)CoM
KH2
Days
BBS
Coded
DDD
(Chi)

There's the chronological order, which doesn't quite work if you begin from Chi or BBS since those rely a bit too much on the previous games.

(Chi)
BBS
KH1
ReCoM/Days
KH2
Coded
DDD

I'd perhaps personally recommend..

KH1
ReCoM
Days
KH2
BBS
Coded
DDD

The order you'll want to experience Days & KH2 in is debatable. Days does perhaps "spoil" some revelations from KHII and was originally released after KH2, but I'd say maybe the added context of Roxas & maybe a little bit more empathy towards him makes KHII better an experience than being thrown straight into KHII with no knowledge of him or his past. I mean, Nomura did make the decision to include Days in the 1.5 collection already, so obviously he thinks it's ok to experience Days before 2.

sasuke_91

Days was such a boring game I preferred the cutscenes. I only played the game to see those anyway und KH 1.5 remastered all of them (even those with dialogue in between). 3 hours is a lot though and only the last hour is really worth it :p

Psxphile

Days was such a boring game I preferred the cutscenes. I only played the game to see those anyway und KH 1.5 remastered all of them (even those with dialogue in between). 3 hours is a lot though and only the last hour is really worth it :p

I was especially impressed with the remastering of the showdown between Roxas and Saïx.

Malyse

The reason days was bundled with I.5 was because a KH1FM, ReCoM, KH2FM I.5 bundle and a Days, ReCoded, BBSFM II.5 bundle would result in drastically lowered sales for the second. Plus it's unbalanced in weight. Critical story games are KH1, KH2, BBS, 3D, and CoM (mainly for Reverse/Rebirth). Lore expansion games are Coded and Days. Of unknown importance are [chi]/Unchained/Back Cover and 0.2 a fragmentary passage. So logically it wouldn't make sense to have one super important collection and one mostly unimportant collection.

TL;DR Release order.

sasuke_91

Yeah but he/she has already played kh2.
Also, half the stuff doesn't make sense without 358, the spoilers aren't that big imo.
Since he played KH2 already, I aggree with playing Days first.
He should play KH2 FM at all costs though. Best Kingdom Hearts gameplay and difficulty level.

I also aggree with DreamDrop. The spoilers are pretty big.

Malyse

Why does that have to be experienced in KHII? Isn't it as big of a plot twist in Days as it is in 2? Doesn't really matter in which game it's experienced in.

Naw. In KH2 it's a "why is Ansem back and why is he working with DiZ?" That's a mystery that endures to endgame.

We know that's a thing in com, him becoming like that permanently is a better reveal in 358 imo. It kh2 its just like this is a thing now with no context.

Naw. He doesn't do that in CoM. He just uses dark mode.

Furthermore, at the point of completing KH and CoM we know that Riku is on team good as per CoM. Ansem SoD is supposed to be on team bad. So Ansem showing up and helping plays into the overall plot that OrgXIII is running: use the good guy to further the bad guys plan. It's a MUCH bigger reveal in KH2. This isn't even close.

And it's not like that's the only spoiler.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Since I have played II, I think I'm going through with Days > II FM > BbS > Re:Coded. Forgot to mention I have already played 3D too lol (that last world sure got confusing hahaha)
Hmmm but doesn't the game feature multiplayer, lots of playable characters and Disney worlds (I I think I heard the cutscenes took them out)?

zeemumu

That moment when you realize that Roxas is voice acted as Jesse McCartney!!! I had no idea!

Yeah, Kingdom Hearts has a pretty impressive voice cast

Eraqus is Mark Hamill

Xehanort is Leonard Nimoy

Ansem is Christopher Lee

Sora's that kid from The Sixth Sense

Yuffie is Kim Possible

Aqua is Thea Queen from Arrow

A lot of the old Disney characters returned to voice their characters including the original voice of Alice/Wendy

Kairi is Hayden Panettiere

Wonder where that clip of 2.8 came from. There wasn't any closed events I know off
Anyways that's most likely the E3 trailer we'll get in about a week anyways

Famassu

Ultra shitty quality leaked camera footage of alleged trailer, looks kinda legit :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOmD_QDB9Nw
Trailer is in english so the release date is for us I guess.
E3 hype :D
The best guess with potato quality, obscure leaks is always to assume they are fake, considering everyone has smartphones with at least ok-ish quality cameras nowadays. That Aqua bit didn't look like anything too amazing or impossible to fake (it's just basically a little bit of animation, some camera movement & some kind of VFX at the end) and the little bit of English VA could just be copied from some older game (Mickey has probably said "Realm of Darkness" before?), fakes have certainly been far more elaborate in the past.

The best guess with potato quality, obscure leaks is always to assume they are fake, considering everyone has smartphones with at least ok-ish quality cameras nowadays. That Aqua bit didn't look like anything too amazing or impossible to fake (it's just basically a little bit of animation, some camera movement & some kind of VFX at the end) and the little bit of English VA could just be copied from some older game (Mickey has probably said "Realm of Darkness" before?), fakes have certainly been far more elaborate in the past.
I don't usually follow leaks for this reason. It hasn't been taken down yet so I'm guessing its fake as well =/.

DKHF

The fake leaks are always filmed from an angle offscreen in bad quality... It's so fake.

But only 11-12 days or so at the most until we see 0.2 gameplay (my guess but it is 99% likely IMO).

12 days until we see a glorious 4 minute KH3 trailer with new Utada song, Great Mouse Detective and Zootopia worlds and the return of Gummi Ship.

Mediking

well, she has been trapped in a timelss realm.

where and when would she change clothes

Aqua, Sora, and Lea are my favorite KH characters. I was kinda hoping Aqua would get a time skip so her entire appearance would change like longer hair and a even more cooler costume. Lea can keep his hair but his new outfit better be awesome.

Mediking

Yeah, Kingdom Hearts has a pretty impressive voice cast

Eraqus is Mark Hamill

Xehanort is Leonard Nimoy

Ansem is Christopher Lee

Sora's that kid from The Sixth Sense

Yuffie is Kim Possible

Aqua is Thea Queen from Arrow

A lot of the old Disney characters returned to voice their characters including the original voice of Alice/Wendy

Kairi is Hayden Panettiere

Wow. I knew Hayden was Kairi but wow....

Top Bottom