• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

They really should have added a playable Mickey segment in BBS. Maybe not a full-fledged campaign like TVA's, but something that would let you experience his own journey without all the fluff... like Reverse/Rebirth in CoM. Maybe a fixed Command Deck that changes in each world he ends up in and the ability to improve his Starseeker's stats through level-up or something.

Someone at SE seems adverse in giving the mouse a starring role. Re:coded might have been more interesting if you could actually play as Mickey instead of another Sora.

Well. there was Birth by Sleep Volume 2 that was supposed to be a thing. Last I checked, it was speculated that you were supposed to play as Mickey, Riku, and Aqua. It was supposed to take place between BbS and the end of KH1. But that's all just blind speculation.

I don't really recall much other than rumors about it at the time. Honestly, you should have played as Mickey in re:coded.

quesalupa

Just finished the mushrooms (with guides) and I have to say screw those things, screw those things, screw those thing ahhhh!!!! And to the people that made the guides: what's the matter with you go outside!!!! Freak out over.

Lightning

Banned
Just finished the mushrooms (with guides) and I have to say screw those things, screw those things, screw those thing ahhhh!!!! And to the people that made the guides: what's the matter with you go outside!!!! Freak out over.
I never found the mushrooms that bad. S ranking all of them can be a pain but B ranking them is not bad. I done Mushroom 8 with over 90 hits in a few minutes with Master Form for example and the one I had the hardest time with ended up being one of the easiest I was just doing it wrong. The one in Radiant Garden that you need to spin around.

The Data's were hard but the hardest challenge for me in this game was getting all the journal entries in Olympus Coliseum because on critical difficulty I found that quite challenging reaching some of the journals targets.

Okay I'm missing some blueprints. I'm missing the following: Invincible peak, Invincible lv. 8, Invincible lv 5 and Invincible lv. 3. How can I get these blueprints. I got all the other ones for the trophy

Okay I'm missing some blueprints. I'm missing the following: Invincible peak, Invincible lv. 8, Invincible lv 5 and Invincible lv. 3. How can I get these blueprints. I got all the other ones for the trophy

If you're aiming for platinum, just start S-ranking all non-EX missions anyway - you'll win the blueprints in the process.

The EX mission trophy is the single one that dissuaded me from going for the platinum, though, because lol fuck building a bunch of custom ships for that shit

Falk

that puzzling face
What? You only need to do one EX per route and it's really not that bad going off a base donut. Takes 30 seconds tops not counting loading time to reconfigure the ship for one EX per route.

What? You only need to do one EX per route and it's really not that bad going off a base donut. Takes 30 seconds tops not counting loading time to reconfigure the ship for one EX per route.

I've got a good donut ship and I've S-Ranked every regular mission with it, but don't you need to specifically S-Rank an EX mission for each route? I feel like that'll require some trial and error to build the right ship.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's basically like

- "this route needs 4 ultimas"*
- You open up your Donut ship, add 4 ultimas, run the route (save as a different, throwaway blueprint)
- If you can't S-rank it on the first try consider quitting gaming forever

Donuts are that hilariously OP.

*or whatever other requirement seems the least obtuse of the 3 EX missions on each route.

Edit: I'd say the toughest Gummi-related thing towards Platinum would be Dreadnought 3/Hunter X just because it's got the manual orient mechanic that might throw people in a loop, not to mention Hunter X can also be problematic with a sub-optimal donut. The EX mission requirement is piss in comparison.

It's basically like

- You open up your Donut ship, add 4 ultimas, run the route (save as a different, throwaway blueprint)

*or whatever other requirement seems the least obtuse of the 3 EX missions on each route.

Edit: I'd say the toughest Gummi-related thing towards Platinum would be Dreadnought 3/Hunter X just because it's got the manual orient mechanic that might throw people in a loop, not to mention Hunter X can also be problematic with a sub-optimal donut. The EX mission requirement is piss in comparison.

As long as there aren't any EX missions with requirements that basically make the donut ship impossible, then sure.

Psxphile

As long as there aren't any EX missions with requirements that basically make the donut ship impossible, then sure.

A few EX missions require you to use existing blueprints: one for Highwind, one for Falcon and one for Invincible ships. With the high-tier blueprints they're doable, but not donut-ship ez modo.

I never had to use anything aside the donut ship to get the trophy, there was always an EX mission on every route that would let me use it even if I had to modify it a bit.

Psxphile

Hm, Terra and Ventus' world combat levels jumped after reloading their clear saves. That's good, I suppose. Aqua's on the other hand, as expected, did not.

Also, I have all stickers collected on every playthrough and yet the Collect all Stickers trophy never popped. Gonna reload each one and examine each report thoroughly as the game's trophies are often stubborn about that: you actually have to view the progress to get the game to recognize completion. If that doesn't work, then I guess I won't be getting the plat anytime soon.

iosefe

Hm, Terra and Ventus' world combat levels jumped after reloading their clear saves. That's good, I suppose. Aqua's on the other hand, as expected, did not.

Also, I have all stickers collected on every playthrough and yet the Collect all Stickers trophy never popped. Gonna reload each one and examine each report thoroughly as the game's trophies are often stubborn about that: you actually have to view the progress to get the game to recognize completion. If that doesn't work, then I guess I won't be getting the plat anytime soon.

maybe it wont recognize things until you get the stickers into the "correct spots"

Psxphile

maybe it wont recognize things until you get the stickers into the "correct spots"

?

I already have Rhythm Mixer for each character. How much more 'correct' do I need to be? Anyway, going over the reports didn't help any. And I can't move the stickers anymore now that they're 'complete' so I'm stumped.

EDIT: Guess I'll just keep filling out the reports and hope something else triggers the trophy. Come this far. By the by, Critical playthrough was perfectly challenging. Beginning was roughs for two of the characters, but everything levels off and things get better by the time you reach Radiant Garden. Of course, getting good abilities straight away helps ease the pain. I definitely don't think BBS Critical is as bad as others have made it out to be. Then again, I've yet to fight the game's uber-bosses so this opinion could probably change. But for the main game, I can't see myself replaying on anything less than Critical.

?

I already have Rhythm Mixer for each character. How much more 'correct' do I need to be? Anyway, going over the reports didn't help any. And I can't move the stickers anymore now that they're 'complete' so I'm stumped.

Did you do anything wonky with the save files/difficulties? My trophy popped the second I collected the last sticker. It has nothing to do with the placement/rewards.

Psxphile

Thunder Surge 2 OP for Critical. pls nerf SE

Did you do anything wonky with the save files/difficulties? My trophy popped the second I collected the last sticker. It has nothing to do with the placement/rewards.

Think I made it pretty clear that I've been playing on Critical for every playthough... although difficulty selection shouldn't matter for something like this I think. Also, didn't create a save during the Ventus tutorial and waited until after I could choose a character.

Lightning

Banned
It's basically like

I found that one to be pretty easy. I had the hardest time with the EX mission for the pirate ship. It requires that your ship be below 50HP and that was a pain. There are heartless that ram the shit out of you and throw bombs and both those damage a donut gummi.

Aside from that they were all easy, even the EX missions. Just adjust your donut gummi for the easiest EX mission on each route and you're done.

Man the fight against
Terra-Xehanort in the last episode
is literally the worst thing ever. You miss the block by 1 second and there goes half an hour of work.

HeelPower

People complain about the new boss fights...

and here I am getting repeatedly destroyed by sephiroth.

aggravating fight to say the least.

Falk

that puzzling face
Thunder Surge
Thunder Surge
Thunder Surge
Thunder Surge
Thunder Surge
Thunder Surge
Curaga
Curaga

Congrats, you've now beaten MF with Terra!

I did

Thunder Surge
Curaga
Thunder Surge
Curaga
Thunder Surge
Curaga
Thunder Surge
Curaga

DON'T LOOK AT ME IT WORKED OUT BETTER THIS WAY

Bladenic

People complain about the new boss fights...

and here I am getting repeatedly destroyed by sephiroth.

aggravating fight to say the least.

Really?? Thought he was a joke. And honestly he is compared to the data fights and Lingering Will. Only Attack that's dangerous is Heartless Angel but it's easily interruptible.

Ok, for whatever reason once i swapped a cura to thunder surge he stopped doing his doom spell entirely and started doing the X laser instead thus making the fight from almost impossible to quite bearable. Can somebody tell me who the fuck was the lunatic who came up with this boss.

HeelPower

Really?? Thought he was a joke. And honestly he is compared to the data fights and Lingering Will. Only Attack that's dangerous is Heartless Angel but it's easily interruptible.

His teleport attack is ridiculous.

Very hard to dodge or block(I honestly hate this game's block mechanic)

and once he launches you,you're dead.

Launch in the air->unavoidable string keeps you at critical health->"That's enough" reaction command cannot be done because freaking sora is still floating in the air= Dead.

Soriku

Cartwheel is broken lol. MF's clones can't even touch you. You can also just cartwheel through his moves. It's like they gave him elaborate moves for nothing.

MF will give your hand a workout though.

Soriku

Launch in the air->unavoidable string keeps you at critical health->"That's enough" reaction command cannot be done because freaking sora is still floating in the air= Dead.

You can reflect in the air :p You can also reflect his reaction command.

Man re:coded is fucking terrible. At least there's some new content so it isn't completely a rehash of 1 and I like how we actually got fight scenes this time unlike 385/2 days, but it's still boring as shit.

Afrocious

I just realized that Terra is an idiot.

Dude literally defeats Xehanort, but just chills in place after his final battle. He could've easily grabbed Xehanort, jumped off the cliff on his bike, and helped Aqua and Ven with Vanitas and Braig.

Jesus I can't believe I didn't see how stupid this story is back when I played it on my PSP.

Lightning

Banned

Reflect every attack he does expect Supernova and Heartless Angel. Reflect does a lot of damage to Sephiroth.

For Supernova just glide around to avoid it.

Heartless Angel - Aerial Dodge and hit him as quick as you can before he does it. If you can't get to him in time, have an elixir ready to use as soon as the move hits you.

But reflect damages him a lot.

HeelPower

You can reflect in the air :p You can also reflect his reaction command.

Reflect every attack he does expect Supernova and Heartless Angel. Reflect does a lot of damage to Sephiroth.

For Supernova just glide around to avoid it.

Heartless Angel - Aerial Dodge and hit him as quick as you can before he does it. If you can't get to him in time, have an elixir ready to use as soon as the move hits you.

But reflect damages him a lot.

wow...

Reflect works on him ? that changes the fight completely..I thought he was immune to all forms of magic.

Seda

Alright, finally starting up Birth By Sleep.

I've played the game before, but any general tips? Things I should be aware of as I go through?

Bladenic

You can use commands like Sliding Dash or element Surges to reach a few things way before you should be able to without later abilities. You can get some really good commands early this way.

Otherwise just meld commands often to unlock new useful abilities.

Soriku

Yeah! Block definitely sucks in this game compared to one (wish Limit form gave you old guard and dodge roll both).

It also sucks compared to BBS.

And OG KH2's guard is actually slightly suckier than the FM+ version.

It's easy to guard Sephiroth though when he does his "close up on you and start slashing" attack.

Bladenic

It also sucks compared to BBS.

And OG KH2's guard is actually slightly suckier than the FM+ version.

It's easy to guard Sephiroth though when he does his "close up on you and start slashing" attack.

Only time I used Guard was for the Xemnas 1 on 1 and Xaldin data projectile.

I imagine I might have to use it more often on Critical.

Lightning

Banned
Only time I used Guard was for the Xemnas 1 on 1 and Xaldin data projectile.

I imagine I might have to use it more often on Critical.
lol.

Game is totally different on critical. Up in face hack and slash does not work. Enemies also seem to be more agile and aggressive on top of killing you in 2-3 hits most of the game.

Falk

that puzzling face
On 2FM, I guarded the final part of LW's DM. Couldn't replicate that in 2.5 (visual/input lag, getting older, whatever) which resulted in hours of rage
awakened
till I had the bright idea to just quaff mana pots and spam reflect in place of guard.

I use guard vs Large Bodies, Hot Rods, Xaldin, Marluxia, Lexaeus, Larxene, Sephy,
Roxas

Usually Reflect does the job better tho.

edit: oh, and Xiggy of course!

Man, the Re:Code VA is bad too. They totally phoned it in with this one (can't lame them though) Hopefully it'll go back to it's original quality with 3.

I just realized that Terra is an idiot.

Dude literally defeats Xehanort, but just chills in place after his final battle. He could've easily grabbed Xehanort, jumped off the cliff on his bike, and helped Aqua and Ven with Vanitas and Braig.

Jesus I can't believe I didn't see how stupid this story is back when I played it on my PSP.

Huh?
With what body was he suppose to do that with?

Top Bottom