• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Lightning

Banned
Part of getting 100% in KH2FM includes completing the game on Critical, which is what I'm playing on.
Then that's very odd. On critical enemy drops were very good in my save on critical. Only items I had to farm was when I wanted to make a lot of an item.

recommended lvl to fight
roxas
?
I did it at level 45.

Reflect his first move, combo him, then block his spinning counter and then combo him again. This will take 3 bars of health from him, sending him into a DM, dodge the DM with quick run and then enter Limit Form and Sonic Rave him, allow him to hit you after your first Sonic Rave to recover MP, Sonic Rave him 2 more times and he's dead. Easiest method.

Psxphile

Ah, Unversed challenge jellyfish... I think I finally have you figured out. Hardest challenge just became one of the easiest.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh right, the combat level glitching I've seen mentioned here and there.

Is it preventable?

In all honestly, and in 20/20 hindsight, I guess it's not as big a deal as it could be. The second fastest level grinding method is maybe 65-75% the speed of the fastest (fastest requires combat levels to not glitch), and grinding for levels honestly isn't anywhere near the top of the totem pole as far as time requirement for BBS platinum (all the bosses on critical are beatable at level 1 if you're masochist etc)

Still annoying as all shit, but not as bad as accidentally overwriting one of your character saves (lol)

Vashetti

Banned
I've been trying to 100% KH2FM, and it's been going swimmingly until I got to synthing. All of the superbosses put together are a lot easier than synthing. I even beat Lingering Will with no items and no Cure to test my sanity. Definitely easier than gathering xx of every material. Fuck synthing, man.

You do have Lucky Lucky turned on for all of Sora, Donald and Goofy, right?

Items rain off of enemies for me. So easy.

Kain

Defeated Roxas and Luxord.

Roxas is somewhat easy when you learn his patterns, but when he starts spamming lasers endlessly (2 bars to die) I had to enter Limit and Sonic Rave his ass.

Then Luxord. I said fuck Xaldin before, well, I say FUCK Luxord now. Stupid minigames and bullshit. In the end I tried another strategy: remove all combo plus, put negative combo and spam Explosion and Magnetic explosion ALL THE TIME. No minigames, no nothing, just spamming finishers and throw reflegas here and there. In no time you'll have him at DM, then just glide and try to win the last minigame, which took me maybe five tries.

Fuck Luxord.

Now Xemnas and maybe LW.

So I started playing BBS yesterday and man I'm really enjoying it so far. I love how streamlined everything is (No gummi ship, no MP, etc...) and don't even get me started on the command deck. One of my biggest problems with the previous games was having to fidget around with the menus while in the heat of battle and the command deck single handedly solves this. My only complaint is that combat seems alot slower/weighted and idk if I like this or not yet (it could just be the fact that I'm playing as Terra). If KH3 combines the command deck with the combat of KH2, it would be the GOAT.

Aru

That becomes an interesting question:
Are all the 7 Warriors of Light going to be playable?
And if so, I wonder how they'd do it. Would you be able to switch characters on the fly, or would it be akin to BbS where they are different stories?

I certainly hope so.
I don't think they would do it the BBS way. Best possible outcome is playable segments for each character during the final battle.

I really want to play as Master Riku, Kairi, Master Terra and Master Aqua :D

I certainly hope so.
I don't think they would do it the BBS way. Best possible outcome is playable segments for each character during the final battle.

The way i'm hoping they do it is that all of them have they're own worlds they travel to (3-4 Per Character) and that way you can experience the game with all of them equally and in the final fight you play all of them!

In my opinion the Comet/Berserk Charge method of cheesing Lingering Will is vastly superior to the Negative Combo/Fenrir/jump finisher method if you're looking to grind Manifest Illusions, btw.

I certainly hope so.

I genuinely don't think
Terra will be playable.

I certainly hope so.

The BBS method of handling all that is definitely preferable to the way DDD experimented with it, I think, or the way Chain of Memories handled it, but it's probably possible to do even better still.

More and more, I think it's really important for KH3 to allow *lots* of simultaneous party members (up to 7 keyblade wielders plus Donald and Goofy, basically) while also allowing you to control any of your party members and not just Sora. Basically, in place of Drive Forms, I'd rather see KH3 have a wide variety of fully realized playable characters (all using similar mechanics, of course).

But given the précis we've been given of the plot so far (in which S/D/G are
questing around to find the key to unlock/free hearts
and Riku/Mickey are
trying to retrieve Master Aqua
while
Lea/Kairi do who knows what
), it does sound like KH3 is gonna need to have multiple campaigns leading up to that climax as well.

The BBS method of handling all that is definitely preferable to the way DDD experimented with it, I think, or the way Chain of Memories handled it, but it's probably possible to do even better still.

More and more, I think it's really important for KH3 to allow *lots* of simultaneous party members (up to 7 keyblade wielders plus Donald and Goofy, basically) while also allowing you to control any of your party members and not just Sora. Basically, in place of Drive Forms, I'd rather see KH3 have a wide variety of fully realized playable characters (all using similar mechanics, of course).

But given the précis we've been given of the plot so far (in which S/D/G are
questing around to find the key to unlock/free hearts
and Riku/Mickey are
trying to retrieve Master Aqua
while
Lea/Kairi do who knows what
), it does sound like KH3 is gonna need to have multiple campaigns leading up to that climax as well.

I would say no more than 3 members to a party, not including the playable character. Otherwise we have to start bringing in significantly better mechanics regarding control of the party and customization, and since these games go for the simple side (not a bad thing), I don't see that happening.

I would say no more than 3 members to a party, not including the playable character. Otherwise we have to start bringing in significantly better mechanics regarding control of the party and customization, and since these games go for the simple side (not a bad thing), I don't see that happening.

Totally disagree. KH2 already drastically simplified party management by having Cure spells hit a radius instead of needing to be targeted at specific characters, and it's got perfectly good granular AI control that most people never even really need to touch.

Seven/nine *would* feel like a lot, of course, but it'd make a big difference if you could trust your allies to have more autonomy without feeling like they're playing the game for you. There are already games that do a pretty good job with this stuff and KH could look to them for templates. It'd be important to do a stronger job of specializing each character so they'd stand out from one another and feel like they play an important role in battle without making each other redundant, of course.

I *do* think that equipment and support abilities need to be simplified, but I think there's already a great existing template for that - Re:Coded's use of much more interesting Keyblades is a good reason to discard armor/accessories altogether (as BBS/DDD do), and BBS does a generally better job with regard to ability-learning by doing away with AP altogether.

Totally disagree. KH2 already drastically simplified party management by having Cure spells hit a radius instead of needing to be targeted at specific characters, and it's got perfectly good granular AI control that most people never even really need to touch.

Seven/nine *would* feel like a lot, of course, but it'd make a big difference if you could trust your allies to have more autonomy without feeling like they're playing the game for you. There are already games that do a pretty good job with this stuff and KH could look to them for templates.

I *do* think that equipment and support abilities need to be simplified, but I think there's already a great existing template for that - Re:Coded's use of much more interesting Keyblades is a good reason to discard armor/accessories altogether (as BBS/DDD do), and BBS does a generally better job with regard to ability-learning by doing away with AP altogether.

Even so, I think it's a bad idea for an action series like this, especially when characters are all over the place, to have that big of a party. 4 members, including the PC, is a perfectly fine number, I would say. If this were a turn-based series, I'd agree.

Kain

Oh my, Xemnas is a pussy compared to the other fights, he goes down easy and fast. I died the first times because the glitch thing (I thought I was doing something wrong until I read info posted here), but this time I did Sessions every time and that's it, the rest of the fight is just Reflega+Quick run all over the place.

Now that I've done all the fights I'm rating them in fun factor, just because:

1- Marluxia. Clever mechanics, lots of variety, clear pattern. It's a blast.

2- Zexion. Way more fun than expected, getting sucked into the world book, understanding what you have to do to get out and punish him is great!

3- Xigbar. Because you have to guard a lot, and that is insanely fun in this fight for some reason. Seriously, he dies by eating his own bullets, that's amazing.

4 - Larxene. She is crazy, she is laughing all the time and she attacks nonstop. Love her and want to see her restored to her normal self to fight her again.

5- Saix. Another nonstop attacker, that's cool, but Larxene is better.

6- Roxas. Yet another nonstop madman, he would be higher if it wasn't for the lasers, which I hated. Screw lasers. And his RC actually makes the fight harder, no thanks.

7- Xaldin, OK, he is a little fun once you get the grip of things, but then again, once you arrive at that point he stops being obnoxious and becomes boring. If you really think about it, he only has one pattern than can really kill you (last phase).

8- Axel. If it wasn't for the floor on fire he would be too easy because he doesn't have that many attacks, but the floor mechanic is obnoxious, and the RC is exploitable. Meh.

9- Xemnas. Two phases. Each one of them easy as pie. BORING.

10- Lexaeus. Now, I still don't know what the fuck this guy does. I've seen guides when you have to block things? Whatever, just spam attack all the time and he goes down. Really, I don't know his patterns or attacks even after beating him.

Now, the absolute worst:

11- Vexen. Break shield, Final Form, spam Firaga, ????, Dead. He has some desperation move which creates spikes all over the place? Limit form and destroy him and Anti-Sora, his defense is pathetic. He could have been cooler, but he isn't.

12- Demyx. Even worse, just get into Wisdom, spam Firaga, when he creates pillars of water block and continue to spam Firaga. Boring.

And the worst one goes to...

13- Luxord! Fuck minigames, fuck having to pause to match circles and exes, what the fuck, screw you! I didn't have the patience to get through that, so I just spammed finishing moves. Now that it works, people, you don't have to do the command minigame, just the guessing where he is part. Then he enters the DM, pause (sigh) and kill him. Go to hell and don't come back, Luxord.

Now on to Lingering Will. I tried once before and he kicked my ass after draining two bars. He'll go down eventually.

Heartfyre

I've had a rather stressful evening. Critical playthrough. Groundshaker gave me a lot of grief, but I eventually did him in. However, I was not prepared to take on the Devastators in Space Paranoids on the second run. Those things are nearly unbeatable for me. Super-fast, long-lasting attacks that just sucked my health bar to nowt before my eyes, time after time. Only Master Form can beat them when they ganging on me in threes, but it's not a certainty even then, if they can get enough hits in before I get the combo going. Just got off the solar sailer now, and I'm red in the face. Very nearly rage quit there.

Lightning

Banned
I've had a rather stressful evening. Critical playthrough. Groundshaker gave me a lot of grief, but I eventually did him in. However, I was not prepared to take on the Devastators in Space Paranoids on the second run. Those things are nearly unbeatable for me. Super-fast, long-lasting attacks that just sucked my health bar to nowt before my eyes, time after time. Only Master Form can beat them when they ganging on me in threes, but it's not a certainty even then, if they can get enough hits in before I get the combo going. Just got off the solar sailer now, and I'm red in the face. Very nearly rage quit there.
Exploit Trons limit. It's ridiculously powerful and hits heaps of times. It can take down 3 Devastors at the same time.

Heartfyre

Exploit Trons limit. It's ridiculously powerful and hits heaps of times. It can take down 3 Devastors at the same time.

In all the Kingdom Hearts games, I always ignore the world-specific characters when I can. I realised, after having to have Tron in my party to fight the MCP, that this was a grievous error in this instance. AoE is not adequate to describe that Limit: it's so much more. Regardless, Space Paranoids was a significant difficulty spike, I felt. I hate to say anything bad against Yoko Shimomura, but having to repeat sections of that area over and over has only intensified my derision of the ambient music for that world. It's a blemish on what is such a great OST.

In all the Kingdom Hearts games, I always ignore the world-specific characters when I can. I realised, after having to have Tron in my party to fight the MCP, that this was a grievous error in this instance. AoE is not adequate to describe that Limit: it's so much more. Regardless, Space Paranoids was a significant difficulty spike, I felt. I hate to say anything bad against Yoko Shimomura, but having to repeat sections of that area over and over has only intensified my derision of the ambient music for that world. It's a blemish on what is such a great OST.

I also found Simba's Limit really good for taking out the Pride Lands' bosses.

Soriku

Do Style Changes in BBS run off your magic stat?

What about shotlocks? Also what are good shotlocks to use? I've just been using Ragnarok.

Psxphile

I'll tell you when I get there. :T

Every time I do Ice Cream Beat it seems to get easier. Now that Aqua's journal entries are filled up, I'll never have to 'Follow the Beat!' again.

raven777

have been playing bbs for about 8 hours and still don't get the system.

-That thing when you become powerful.(don't know the name) Is this random? sometimes I get fire mode, ice mode, and other modes. Does it have anything to do with skills equipped? Also I don't know what is the exact way to trigger this mode. I know it has to do with command bar but sometimes it just gives me special finishes.

- I haven't used D-links. are they useful? I get the idea that you borrow other character's ability but I have used it once for Aqua link and it seemed quite useless.

- I haven't been synthesizing command melding. Is there particular skills that is recommended to buy/meld? I have seen Zantestuken on the shop selling for 1700 and didn't buy cause it was expensive.

-Is the only down side of retry that you lose the items you used in previous battle?

have been playing bbs for about 8 hours and still don't get the system.

-That thing when you become powerful.(don't know the name) Is this random? sometimes I get fire mode, ice mode, and other modes. Does it have anything to do with skills equipped? Also I don't know what is the exact way to trigger this mode. I know it has to do with command bar but sometimes it just gives me special finishes.

- I haven't used D-links. are they useful? I get the idea that you borrow other character's ability but I have used it once for Aqua link and it seemed quite useless.

- I haven't been synthesizing command melding. Is there particular skills that is recommended to buy/meld? I have seen Zantestuken on the shop selling for 1700 and didn't buy cause it was expensive.

-Is the only down side of retry that you lose the items you used in previous battle?
1.You turn into command styles depending on what commands you use to fill your command cauge. If you don't use anything and fill it only by normal attacks/mostly with normal attacks you get your normal finisher instead of changing into a command style. If you use lot's of fire spells for example you are pretty much guaranteed to activate the Firestorm style. You can check the requirements from the menu->status->command styles (dunno the names in japanese).

2. D-links quality vary a lot. Especially in early game they can be great if you have them leveled up which gives them more commands and passive abilities. Aqua D-Link for example gets Auto Life so you resurrect once you run out of HP. Also the finishers are usually pretty powerful. You level them up by beating normal enemies while in D-Link. The enemies have small chance of dropping an D-Link emblem that levels up the D-Link when picked up. If you don't care about using D-Links you can still use them as emergency healing since you get full health when you activate them. You can always cancel the D-Link after activating from the D-Link menu.

3. There are definately some great commands that become almost mandatory post game but for the main campaing it isn't too important. Mostly the most important thing to have are the Once More and Second Chance abilities if you have trouble on the higher difficulties.

4. Yeah. You keep all the exp/item pick ups/whatever too when you have a retry option.

raven777

1.You turn into command styles depending on what commands you use to fill your command cauge. If you don't use anything and fill it only by normal attacks/mostly with normal attacks you get your normal finisher instead of changing into a command style. If you use lot's of fire spells for example you are pretty much guaranteed to activate the Firestorm style. You can check the requirements from the menu->status->command styles (dunno the names in japanese).

2. D-links quality vary a lot. Especially in early game they can be great if you have them leveled up which gives them more commands and passive abilities. Aqua D-Link for example gets Auto Life so you resurrect once you run out of HP. Also the finishers are usually pretty powerful. You level them up by beating normal enemies while in D-Link. The enemies have small chance of dropping an D-Link emblem that levels up the D-Link when picked up. If you don't care about using D-Links you can still use them as emergency healing since you get full health when you activate them. You can always cancel the D-Link after activating from the D-Link menu.

3. There are definately some great commands that become almost mandatory post game but for the main campaing it isn't too important. Mostly the most important thing to have are the Once More and Second Chance abilities if you have trouble on the higher difficulties.

4. Yeah. You keep all the exp/item pick ups/whatever too when you have a retry option.

Thank you for the answers. I guess I need to start leveling up the D-links...

Also, is there a specific way to obtain Once more and Second chance?

Thank you for the answers. I guess I need to start leveling up the D-links...

Also, is there a specific way to obtain Once more and Second chance?

Ones I always use are:

Fira+Fira+Wellspring Crystal
Blizzara+Blizzara+Pulsing Crystal

Also Aero+Aero+Pulsing Crystal gives you Leaf Bracer. Those 3 are the best abilities so you might want to have them if you are having trouble.

Aru

The loading times in BBSFM are MUCH better than in KH2FM. There are some 10 seconds loadings here and there, but usually when there's no cutscene to load, changing area takes 5 seconds max. Retrying is almost instantaneous, save for the annoying intro sequence they put before each forced fight (to avoid jumping right into action, probably).

After the terrible loadings of KH2, this is a relief. It wouldn't have broken the balance if they decided to add a Retry option to KH2.

I guess it's a standard feature now that BBS and DDD have it (I don't remember about Re:Coded, but it probably has it too). I hope they put that in KH3.

raven777

Ones I always use are:

Fira+Fira+Wellspring Crystal
Blizzara+Blizzara+Pulsing Crystal

Also Aero+Aero+Pulsing Crystal gives you Leaf Bracer. Those 3 are the best abilities so you might want to have them if you are having trouble.

Thank you again. I will try to make them.

Just beat Eraqus. He was kinda difficult at first but once I understood his patterns he wasn't so hard.

Falk

that puzzling face
The shorter loading times for BBS are offset by how often the game pauses itself on D-Links and Command Styles the first time you use them in an area. :|

edit: Oooh, thread made Community status. :salut: guys.

edit2: I just got a phone call informing me this is a normal thing and not some kind of achievement.

Kinsei

Banned
So what are the
organization heartless
for exactly?

The mushrooms? There are synth items you can only get from them and getting a B rank (the journal requirement) on 1-12 will get you a new keyblade and a crown/crown upgrade when you go to see 13.

MF is what would happen if Nomura gave me a pen and paper and told me I have 30 seconds to design a post game boss.

You probably wouldn't do anything as dumb as the attack where he blows your commands away.

(That break-the-fourth-wall fuck-with-your-commands shit was dumb when Xemnas did it in KH1FM, it was dumb when Zexion and Marluxia did it in Re:Chain of Memories, it was dumb when Terra did it in KH2FM, and it was dumb when YX did it in BBSFM).

What is this?

When you load your game clear save for a character the combat levels are supposed to go up for all the worlds making levelling up easier. Sometimes this does not happen and the enemies stay weak thus grinding levels is slower.

To be honest it's not that bad. I was surprised how fast the levelling can be even then. I used a trick i saw in youtube where you clear one room in Neverland over and over with exp chance+victory pose. Also luckily you don't have to be lvl 99 for anything in the game, around 70 is fine for all the hardest bosses.

Bladenic

The mushrooms? There are synth items you can only get from them and getting a B rank (the journal requirement) on 1-12 will get you a new keyblade and a crown/crown upgrade when you go to see 13.

hold up you only need B rank? then why did I and everyone else nearly commit suicide over mushroom 8?

Psxphile

Aqua reports 100% complete. Will probably do Ventus next. Surprise surprise him also is crippled by the combat level bug.

I didn't see if you said it already but did you complete Final Episode before reloading your clear saves? We still need confirmation on whether or not the combat level bug is avoidable for Terra and Ventus. If you did then I guess there's no real way to avoid it if you're hit. Or ReMIX made it worse.

For my KH bros

Pre-Order KH3 for $52 at Newegg + Free shipping (I don't think they charge tax)
We're expecting this to retail for sixty dollary-doos, right? Can't pass this up.

EDIT: they do charge tax, at least if you're Californian they do. Also, for the promo code to work you have to provide your email address... which probably means you need to have an account with them.

Geez, Ventus is fucking terrible huh?

He has a better early game than Terra and Aqua, from my experience.

I didn't see if you said it already but did you complete Final Episode before reloading your clear saves? We still need confirmation on whether or not the combat level bug is avoidable for Terra and Ventus. If you did then I guess there's no real way to avoid it if you're hit. Or ReMIX made it worse.

I did. Only Terra has higher levels. At this point I'd imagine it's totally random.

Top Bottom