• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

So how do we combat the higher level bug? Just beat the game with terra and reloaded the clear save.....(what combat level should the worlds be at?)

Psxphile

Thanks i'll check later, i made a pre final boss save also

I wonder if that even matters. BBS keeps a system save that keeps overall records of each character. I believe that also includes whether any one character's campaign has been cleared. Although I readily admit I don't know how it factors into a clear save's final combat level loadout.

Apparently the PSP method of getting rid of the combat bug was to manually erase your system save and the bugged character clear saves from the memory card and re-fight the bosses to create new clear saves and system save:

I was playing the Final Mix version of this and had to correct the error myself this weekend, so I know what you're dealing with.

Basically, you want to have save states for all three of your characters BEFORE the final bosses of their respective chapters, and make separate save states afterwards (ones that show the mark of completion). Do not save over your current saves, as you well know. The completion of Aqua's Final Episode determines whether or not the world combat level has been glitched. Check those completed saves to see if your battle level raised.

If Ventus or Terra's Radiant Garden combat level does not jump to 9 and 10 respectively (Aqua's doesn't change from 6 until the Final Episode), then delete your system data for Birth By Sleep, delete the COMPLETED saves, repeat the final boss battles for all three characters, repeat Final Episode, and resave on separate files again. Wash, rinse, repeat until both V & T have their optimal combat levels.

I don't think there's a way to do this on PS3 without a jailbroken console and custom firmware: you don't have access to the system file normally. But if what Napalm's saying is true it's probably not gonna matter too much in the long run, increased Battle levels helps leveling go faster but you won't be getting much of a benefit from higher levels against the uber-bosses. And there's no Lv. 99 trophy (THANK GOD) so why bother?

In all actuality, because Aqua's character clear save NEVER gets increased battle levels (only to get them in Final Episode), one could say that it's by design that combat levels don't increase, and that Terra and Ventus' clear save battle levels rising is, in fact, the real glitch.

Heartfyre

Fuck Roxas and his glittery AoE bullshit. How can a game with Disney characters make me so angry?

At least going through the waves of shadows before him seriously raised my Drive and Summon Levels, and Sora learned "Once More" -- a vital ability in Critical.

Fuck Roxas and his glittery AoE bullshit. How can a game with Disney characters make me so angry?

At least going through the waves of shadows before him seriously raised my Drive and Summon Levels, and Sora learned "Once More" -- a vital ability in Critical.
Lol I probably died against him like 30 times

ZangBa

I'm not active in this thread but I love the KH series and I just need somewhere to vent about BbS. I didn't play the game until the collection and I heard so much praise for it but I ended up disliking almost everything about it combat wise. I like the idea of command melding but all I ended up doing was using random abilities instead of playing how I want so I could meld them together for skills the entire game until the final boss at which point I just slapped on a couple cura's and thunder surge/mine spells in the rest. Tonight, I went and beat a couple of the optional bosses, took 4 tries on MF and I hated every second of it(the music was good though). I figured I could level the arena by just doing arena matches but when I looked up that I was going to be forced to play racing mini games and the command board I just ragequit the game. No way I'm grinding all that out so I can mash my square button off for 5 minutes. I guess I just really don't like how the gameplay ends up being dodge spam into thunder surge/seeker mine against all the optional bosses because they were designed so badly. I really loved fighting the Organization 13 Data battles and LW because it was more about recognizing patterns and reacting well. I like to go for trophies, so after learning about the arena thing it was just too much, there is way too much grind heavy things to do in this game, I think that's why I am most annoyed right now.

Terra's voice actor must have been sedated when he read his lines, I mean WTF? I really like Mark Hamil and Richard Epcar in this game though, and the music was exceptional. I had mixed feelings about the game until the final 2 chapters which I really loved, by far my favorite part of the game is the final chapter, and the music is so good there. It was worth playing through the game just to get to that point for me, and the ending might be my favorite in the series.

Oh yeah, and I played on Critical. I started with Terra and the first world or so was a bit rough but after that it was pretty much smooth sailing with everyone. I think I will go for the final trophies I have left in KH2 that I put off to play this. Gummi Ship trophies ;_;

So, one of my complaints has been about how the party members in KH1 and 2 have very little customization in terms of building each character. Sure you can alter certain abilities, so there is some there, but it'd be nice to be able to really BUILD a character other than the player, you know?

So I was thinking: I'm wondering if the new command system used in BbS, re:coded, and 3D will affect this? I'm very hopeful to see, it, now that I think about it.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
This is getting very confusing because every different source gives out different tips. How do I unlock (STANDARD MODE) the secret movie "Blank Points" and secret episode "Fragmentary Passage" exactly in Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX 2.5 HD remaster?

For Blank Points (STANDARD MODE) this is all I've found:

For Standard Mode in Final Mix, you need to:

1) Clear all 3 characters' story.
2) Collect all Xehanort's Report.
3) Clear Last Episode.
4) Complete Sticker Collection for all 3 characters.
5) Collect the trinity trophy that requires you to kill 9999 Unversed.

Is this correct? In case, any tip to kill fast 9999 unversed? I'm still at 3.500 after 30 hrs -.-'

Next, what about the secret episode with playable Aqua (STANDARD MODE)? How do I unlock it? thx

Psxphile

You weren't kidding about there not being a clear answer. I think the main problem is no one's willing to step up and verify what's right and what's wrong, as doing so would be quite tedious depending on just how much you have to do. Basically one would have to speed run each character's story, get their clear saves, follow up by getting every Secret Report and collecting every Sticker and then systematically fill out the Trinity Archives and/or Character Reports, all the while checking after every major milestone by re-completing Final Episode to see if the 'Save Secret Episode' prompt pops.

What a nightmare. It's no wonder most people opt to just play through on Proud at the bare minimum, especially as to even complete the Trinity Archives you have to play every character on Proud for one of the trophies.

Nothing to do but take one for the team and get that Unversed trophy! Here's something you can try: in Olympus Coliseum after completing the story there, go back in and there's an Unversed Battle Challenge in town that forces you into a timed battle with 300 Unversed (those annoying jellies). With Magnega and Megaflare spells you can wipe them out in less than a minute. But you need to check and make sure those kills actually count by saving and checking the Archives. If they do, you're gold. Otherwise, I don't know what else you can do.

For the record: In BBS Final Mix the hidden movie "Blank Points" and "A Fragmentary Passage/Zero Point/Secret Episode" (it's all these things) are unlocked together when you meet the requirements.

Bousf

I'm starting BBS tonight, can't wait!! I will start with a Critical playthrough for each character, then a lower difficulty one for report completion.

For those who got the plat (or are in the run for it): does it help significantly completing the reports on a lower difficulty or should I do it all on Critical? I've completed the game on the PSP on Critical Mode but didn't aim for 100% completion so I could use some advice.

raven777

Started on Ven and it was super easy until I got to Vanitas. I thought I chose the wrong difficulty since it was so much easier compared to Terra.

Started on Ven and it was super easy until I got to Vanitas. I thought I chose the wrong difficulty since it was so much easier compared to Terra.

Lol I had the opposite experience, I thought I chose the wrong difficulty with Terra as he was really easy in the beginning. I've been having a hard time with Ven from the start due to him dealing shit damage and having less health.

I'm also stuck at the Vanitas fight. Any tips?

Edit: NVM got him by rolling around and spamming magic.

Edit 2: Man I'm loving the
Organization 13
fan service in Ven's story. Though it's wierd that
Axel doesn't recognize that Roxas looks exactly like Ven.

sn00zer

Took a break after be on the visuals,beating KH2 on Critical before booting up Bbs....
I was kinda down on the visuals. Aura's castles was very ho hum, deck system is confusing. Then I got to Cinderella's castle...holy shit the colors are GORGEOUS...seriously made my jaw drop...and finally getting the hang of the command system, knowing when to use commands and such, very fun so far

Soriku

I just realized why the hands of the characters look off...

THEY HAVE NO NAILS.

This is besides their hands generally being modeled a bit too big.

Also forgot to mention, Terra's cape magically popping out after beating his final boss is some bullshit lol.

Psxphile

Currently completing each character's story one after the other, after having gotten everyone's Ultimate Shotlock and other miscellanea sorted (may I never see another Command Board in this life or the next). The final battle between
Ventus and Vanitas
still confuses the hell out of me: I understand I need to get his meter up after D-linking by countering his attacks (Shotlock against Shotlock, etc.) but the timing for countering his Commands still get me killed, lol.

I just realized why the hands of the characters look off...

THEY HAVE NO NAILS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liuSbrghzmk

Falk

that puzzling face
Can I still do the data fights after defeating the final boss on KH2?

Beating the final boss gives you a save that puts you right before the final boss. It's also the only way to unlock one of the data fights. (Go figure which one lol)

Soriku

Final Episode boss felt like a superboss, not a story fight :p Good fight though. Probably my favorite thus far. Aqua's Doubleflight is useful after the boss finishes his combo on you. Just to get out of the way. 3 Curas helped get me through it too. Just jump and heal!

I'm on the Secret Episode now. The area theme is good.

Beating the final boss gives you a save that puts you right before the final boss. It's also the only way to unlock one of the data fights. (Go figure which one lol)

It's the only way to unlock 4 of them. Unless there was some hidden point at which the other 3 could unlock that I missed. They unlocked after the end, though.
Note that I am referring to Xigbar, Luxord, and Saix as the other three, besides Xemnas.

It's the only way to unlock 4 of them. Unless there was some hidden point at which the other 3 could unlock that I missed. They unlocked after the end, though.
Note that I am referring to Xigbar, Luxord, and Saix as the other three, besides Xemnas.
Are they difficult on critcal? I'm lvl 99 with the
ultima keyblade

Are they difficult on critcal? I'm lvl 99 with the
ultima keyblade

Fuck if I know. I've only played through on Proud. I took a break for awhile, but I'll go back to it. I also forgot, you have to beat the game to get access to Lingering Will, also another boss fight.

I'd imagine level 99 would be more than plenty, though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I was expecting the Absent Silhouettes to be superbosses, but some of them are pretty easy. Zexion and Larxene were no trouble at all, and Marluxia is challenging, but doable. Vexen, however, is testing my nerves. I'm level 38 or so, for reference.

Also, I don't remember the second half of this game at all... and it's much better than the first. It makes me wonder why the first half even exists. Each return visit is an attempt to write in a new, KH exclusive story with the movie's setting and characters as a backdrop, which is much more effective and interesting than the "Disney movie retread + cheesy Sora/Donald/Goofy dialogue" formula the first part of the game follows.

I was expecting the Absent Silhouettes to be superbosses, but some of them are pretty easy. Zexion and Larxene were no trouble at all, and Marluxia is challenging, but doable. Vexen, however, is testing my nerves. I'm level 38 or so, for reference.

Also, I don't remember the second half of this game at all... and it's much better than the first. It makes me wonder why the first half even exists. Each return visit is an attempt to write in a new, KH exclusive story with the movie's setting and characters as a backdrop, which is much more effective and interesting than the "Disney movie retread + cheesy Sora/Donald/Goofy dialogue" formula the first part of the game follows.

The second half of the game was so much better. After watching 258/2 Days and playing the Roxas introduction, I was so interested with Kingdom Heart's general story that going back to the Disney movie retread was such a bummer. It burnt me out a bit at parts because the story just dragged on due to the retreads. I feel like the game really starts to pick up speed at the climax at Hollow Bastion. I really hope they write KH3's Disney worlds more like the second half of KH2

Protag

Banned
I try and try but this bitch Zexion is evicerating me with that Quad direction blast and that cheap spotlight technique.

How the hell do i survive that spotlight technique?

I try and try but this bitch Zexion is evicerating me with that Quad direction blast and that cheap spotlight technique.

How the hell do i survive that spotlight technique?

It changes positions exactly 13 times so you can better expect when you need to quick run/dodge.

Lightning

Banned
Can i use reflect against it?
If it's that big a problem best option is to enter into a limit during that phase.

I personally just stood in the middle, didn't bother counting, as soon as I saw the blue circle I quick ran into it. Just need to be quick.

Caladrius

You guys prefer Ven or Aqua for postgame?

Aqua's Seeker mine gives her superior damage output (she can do wonders against No Heart provided you know when to use SM) while Ven has the best evasive maneuver. It's all about damage output vs. safety. Both are perfectly viable either way.

Fucking Captain Dark.

I'd rather land on damage panels than event ones.

It's kind of hilarious how that one space can completely make or break the game. Even worse than Bowser spaces.

So guys I have done all stories on Critical but the trophy didn't pop up :/, the trophy is in the Trinity Archives but the PSN trophy didn't pop up. Do I have to do the Secret Episode again or what?

Psxphile

They really should have added a playable Mickey segment in BBS. Maybe not a full-fledged campaign like TVA's, but something that would let you experience his own journey without all the fluff... like Reverse/Rebirth in CoM. Maybe a fixed Command Deck that changes in each world he ends up in and the ability to improve his Starseeker's stats through level-up or something.

Someone at SE seems adverse in giving the mouse a starring role. Re:coded might have been more interesting if you could actually play as Mickey instead of another Sora.

Top Bottom