• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Kinsei

Banned
Yeah, I don't think I'm cut out for level 1 critical, if my experience with Larxene's Silhouette at level 21 is any indication. I have worse-than-average reflexes and I don't have a lot of patience.

Have you taken on Zexion yet? You should be able to win with some well timed limit breaks.

Caladrius

Have you taken on Zexion yet? You should be able to win with some well timed limit breaks.

Not yet. I tried him on my last playthrough but couldn't crack him. (Never considered using the limits, actually. I'm assuming you do that to prevent him from trapping you?)

Kinsei

Banned
Not yet. I tried him on my last playthrough but couldn't crack him. (Never considered using the limits, actually. I'm assuming you do that to prevent him from trapping you?)

Yeah, it stops him from trapping you, it stops you from getting hit by his explosion attack, and it saves you from his one-hit kill attack if you can't get to the spotlight in time. It also brings his health all the way down so you can activate the reaction command to get out of the book.

Tirod

I have to say I'm happy all the chatter about Critical pushed me over the edge to try it. I love all the extra skills and AP I get right from the beginning of the game. Haven't hit any walls (no deaths!) yet, but there have definitely been certain Hearltess/Nobodies I had to exercise caution around.

Just finished wrapping up Land of Dragons and Beast's Castle. Gonna tackle The Underworld tomorrow.

I'm terrified to fight Demyx and Xaldin for the first time on this mode.

Falk

that puzzling face
Is Demyx really that much harder? I mean the difficulty was hitting 100 water sprites, and that doesn't really change through critical.

ed: nevermind I'm thinking of Data Demyx.

Tirod

Is Demyx really that much harder? I mean the difficulty was hitting 100 water sprites, and that doesn't really change through critical.

ed: nevermind I'm thinking of Data Demyx.

I'd have no idea. I haven't really absorbed much of Final Mix's content before outside of the voiceless added scenes from the original JP release on PS2.

I just remember Demyx giving me trouble when I first played this game.

Lightning

Banned
Critical Mode for KH2 is fucking hard. I had no problem with proud mode, expect for the Xaldin fight first time, and I beat the hardest difficulty on KH1FM along with all the optional super bosses. How big is the jump in difficulty from Proud mode on the normal KH2 and hardest mode from KH1FM? I really want to avoid never ending game overs...

Caladrius

Nearing 150 tries against Larxene, and I'm confused as to what I'm doing wrong.

Yeah, it stops him from trapping you, it stops you from getting hit by his explosion attack, and it saves you from his one-hit kill attack if you can't get to the spotlight in time. It also brings his health all the way down so you can activate the reaction command to get out of the book.

Ah, thanks. If I manage to beat Larxene I'll give it a shot.

Twio

Wow, I feel so pathetic sucking at final mix on NORMAL. I took me soooooo long to defeat the first giant nobody Roxas fights. It's been way too long since I've played a KH game.

At Hollow Bastion now..

Chilikar

Wow, I feel so pathetic sucking at final mix on NORMAL. I took me soooooo long to defeat the first giant nobody Roxas fights. It's been way too long since I've played a KH game.

At Hollow Bastion now..

Well I'm pretty sure that fight was to help you get used to the controls and everything. I wouldn't worry too much about sucking in the game. Dont stress too much about it and just enjoy it! The game gets easier once you get cure and a drive mode

Started playing KH2 last night and the improvements from KH1 are so apparent just with the camera being amazing. The start of the game is slow a tiny bit, but I'm enjoying it so far. It's my first time with KH2 and I was expecting it to be awful with how much people had an issue with Roxas, but I'm having a good time.

Kinsei

Banned
Activating anti form during an absent silhouette is terrifying. I did learn that you can stun lock Zexion with it though, so my near heart attack was worth it I guess.

Started playing KH2 last night and the improvements from KH1 are so apparent just with the camera being amazing. The start of the game is slow a tiny bit, but I'm enjoying it so far. It's my first time with KH2 and I was expecting it to be awful with how much people had an issue with Roxas, but I'm having a good time.

While I love the original KH, I feel like KH2FM and BBS are far better games. Or they are my two favorites in the series, anyways. I think you'll enjoy it.

I'm still undecided on Proud vs Critical. I've never played Critical on any KH game, and I'm not sure if I want to start with KH2FM with all those extra difficult bosses, lol. Hmm. I remember dying a good bit on Proud last time I played KH2FM, but it's been a few years now.

Yeah I'm convinced I have to get a new controller cause even when I press the home button my command menu moves. It's really ridiculous cause I'm attacking something and all of a sudden I'm going to my items menu and using a potion by accident. I doubt anyone else is having this problem right now.

Luigi87

Relevant enough to post here, just got the 1.5 + 2.5 Remix seven disc OST in the mail. (191 tracks)

1912430_1513195555611603_3450631548409409184_n.jpg

$26 customs charge through FedEx though (gambled on using them, and lost that one...)

Now I to resume my lv.1 run. Onward to Disney Castle!

Banzai

You could probably beat the story at level 50ish on Normal.

i know this sounds very braggy, but i can somewhat easily beat sephiroth on level 40 on critical mode.
Im just saying people need to try critical mode to realize this game can be so much more than button mashing and tanking hits.

Bladenic

Alright I give up

I need help on Absent Zexion

Any tips

The attack where books constantly juggle you is a pain

But then there's this stack where the book he's in turns red and unleashes some explosion and always kills me

Relevant enough to post here, just got the 1.5 + 2.5 Remix seven disc OST in the mail. (191 tracks)

$26 customs charge through FedEx though (gambled on using them, and lost that one...)

Remember, you should be getting a replacement Disc 2 if you ordered from CD Japan.

In other news, received my copy of the LE game from shopto. Wrecked box, thanks to their pathetic envelope. Send that back.

i know this sounds very braggy, but i can somewhat easily beat sephiroth on level 40 on critical mode.
Im just saying people need to try critical mode to realize this game can be so much more than button mashing and tanking hits.

Oh no brag away! In face I challenge Critical mode GAF. I call it the Sephi challenge.

Beat Sephiroth at the lowest level possible on a Crit run

I myself will be attempting this when I do my Crit run.

You have to take a pic and post on GAF showing your level before the fight starts and your equipment. If you can record it, even better!

Sadly I can't offer prizes at the moment but you earn bragging rights!

PS. Level 1 runs are excluded due to special buffs you get such as defense and other things.

Critical Mode for KH2 is fucking hard. I had no problem with proud mode, expect for the Xaldin fight first time, and I beat the hardest difficulty on KH1FM along with all the optional super bosses. How big is the jump in difficulty from Proud mode on the normal KH2 and hardest mode from KH1FM? I really want to avoid never ending game overs...

Honestly, for the most part bosses will end up being easier for you than groups of normal enemies. It's handling enemies in bunches that's especially difficult because it requires you to be offensively on your toes - crowd control is tougher than keeping one enemy stun locked.

I got Mickey for the first time fighting Shan Yu despite a fairly solid offensive strategy of Blizzard -> Limit -> Brave Form -> Limit.

Oh no brag away! In face I challenge Critical mode GAF. I call it the Sephi challenge.

Beat Sephiroth at the lowest level possible on a Crit run

I myself will be attempting this when I do my Crit run.

You have to take a pic and post on GAF showing your level before the fight starts and your equipment. If you can record it, even better!

Sadly I can't offer prizes at the moment but you earn bragging rights!

PS. Level 1 runs are excluded due to special buffs you get such as defense and other things.

I don't think you get any ''special buffs'' in KH2FM exp 0. You certainly don't have the kind of defensive bonuses you get in 1.5.

Chilikar

I don't think you get any ''special buffs'' in KH2FM exp 0. You certainly don't have the kind of defensive bonuses you get in 1.5.

I'm not too sure, but I remember reading back in 2006 that you get some of your best abilities earlier, like explosion and that other finisher.

Chilikar

You get all the finishers at the same time with or without. Explosion in Space Paranoids no matter how you play.

Really? I must've misinterpreted it (or remembered wrong). That being said, I really do remember there being some extra benefits from exp 0 to make sure the players weren't getting destroyed immediately.

The Lamp

Its really not bad your first time through. It's just draining to experience on multiple playthroughs. Thank God for cutscene skip. The original KH1 didn't have that.

But you'll never feel satisfied if you don't finish the gummi missions in KH1. Dat satisfaction!!!!!

haha, NEVER! I had actually planned on getting the platinum for 1.5, but then I remembered what all I'd have to do and said fuck that. I still need to finish 1.5 actually. I'm not sure if I'm even going to play Re: COM.

Caladrius

Yeah, I had to give up on Larxene. Doing it at low levels requires a level of consistency and composure I'm not capable of. The furthest I ever got was halfway through (which was often, but if I'm getting destroyed before she even whips out the turbine, I think it's a lost cause.)

Burning through the game at a good clip otherwise, at least.

Luigi87

Remember, you should be getting a replacement Disc 2 if you ordered from CD Japan.

In other news, received my copy of the LE game from shopto. Wrecked box, thanks to their pathetic envelope. Send that back.

Ah, thanks for telling me about that. I didn't know there was a defect disc, though it seems mine was already replaced with the fixed disc.
Edit: Also, I find it hilarious that the package has an advertisement for the 1.5 and 2.5 individual OSTs, when the box is the combo of both, lol

Sorry to hear about your problem. Shopto seems to be notorious around here now.

Marcel

I play on Normal/Shield because I'm a stupid baby and as you know stupid babies need the most attention.

qt3Lnd3.png

Pictured (center): Me

LAA

For anyone ordering the Collectors Edition from ShopTo, it seems the DPD tracking number is active on the site now. Was in reading at 5:09pm, heres hoping it comes tomorrow. Seeing its DPD...it should be.

Ah, thanks for telling me about that. I didn't know there was a defect disc, though it seems mine was already replaced with the fixed disc.

Sorry to hear about your problem. Shopto seems to be notorious around here now.

Edit: Also, I find it hilarious that the package has an advertisement for the 1.5 and 2.5 individual OSTs, when the box is the combo of both, lol

Their system somehow "lost" my CE pre-order - I was planning on cancelling it anyways since I got one through Amazon, but the fact that they didn't notify me of it and when I asked them they didn't have an answer , it was ridiculous.

Pachimari

I have always been a huge admirer of the Kingdom Hearts series and I love my Disney, but I have never really played anything than the original Kingdom Hearts on PS2.

I recently bought Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix, and is looking to play through the two games and one movie on it, but is Kingdom Hearts II.5 HD Remix also worth getting or is the story getting so convoluted that it isn't worth playing through because of the story?

LAA

As someone who never buys Soundtracks, I actually have that on pre order on the SE EU store. Pretty excited, though I discovered a little later it doesnt quite contain every KH track from KH1.5/2.5, it seems only the ones that got remade, which means most of Birth By Sleeps tracks arent present. Some 358/2 arent present either.
KH3D too of course, but I can forgive that as it isnt part of the collection.

Kinsei

Banned
The designs of Volcanic Lord and Blizzard Lord are amazing. It's too bad they are a complete joke even on critical. Is it even possible to get hit in that fight?

Top Bottom