• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Is there an invincibility frame during quick run and dodge roll in KH2?

Believe so, yeah. Dodge roll's a lot better for cancelling out of (or at least it ends more quickly), and I believe it's better at invincibility frames. Don't know for sure but I'm sure someone's tested it somewhere.

A ton of additional content (new bosses, sidequests, areas, cutscenes, etc.), an additional difficulty, and a couple of other miscellaneous balance changes.

the ability to replay some of the best bosses with an added challenge, new weapons etc basically same as the older version but with a ton of extra content

Believe so, yeah. Dodge roll's a lot better for cancelling out of (or at least it ends more quickly), and I believe it's better at invincibility frames. Don't know for sure but I'm sure someone's tested it somewhere.

Both are worth equipping since both have their fair share of uses. For example, a well timed quick run will get you out of Lingering Will's keyblade whip attack completely unscathed, whereas dodge roll is the better choice for his dashing sweep attack. Quick run also gets the added bonus of getting a few of dodge roll's i-frames at the very beginning of the animation when both are equipped.

Holmes

Both are worth equipping since both have their fair share of uses. For example, a well timed quick run will get you out of Lingering Will's keyblade whip attack completely unscathed, whereas dodge roll is the better choice for his dashing sweep attack. Quick run also gets the added bonus of getting a few of dodge roll's i-frames at the very beginning of the animation when both are equipped.
Does quick run activate while holding square, and dodge roll when pressing it?

Does quick run activate while holding square, and dodge roll when pressing it?

Yeah.

If you hold square, you'll actually notice Sora do the very start of the dodge roll animation before transitioning into quick run. That's where the extra i-frames are.

Caladrius

Is there a way to stop Marluxia from pushing you into the void-pools? The majority of my deaths against him have been because I try to reflect his homing Rose cage and he starts slashing at me while I'm still casting reflect.

Qblivion

so I was at target today and I saw they had the " limited edition " for $40. naturally I grabbed it and bought it asap. on my way to my car I thought it felt a little light for two discs and a steelbook, so I double checked it and it only was the one game and the pin.

:p oh well.

so I was at target today and I saw they had the " limited edition " for $40. naturally I grabbed it and bought it asap. on my way to my car I thought it felt a little light for two discs and a steelbook, so I double checked it and it only was the one game and the pin.

:p oh well.

lol Yeah the Limited Edition is really Game in a fancy cheap cover with the pin. Guess the Pin was worth it but I could do without the cheap cover. Too bad artbook only came with Collector's edition.

The Lamp

lol Yeah the Limited Edition is really Game in a fancy cheap cover with the pin. Guess the Pin was worth it but I could do without the cheap cover. Too bad artbook only came with Collector's edition.

The artbook isn't nice quality like 1.5's was, it's got a cheap paper cover over it.

neither

Do you guys have any tips for doing Lvl 1 critical mode?
I'm in land of dragons and keep getting demolished
-.-
not having Second Chance(or was it Once More?) really sucks

you're going to need to use Guard basically all the time just to be careful. take the time to level Valor form to level 3 for the sake of high jump. once you unlock it, use Mulan's Limit command strategically to do a quantity of damage and (more importantly) for a decent period of invincibility.

Jigolo

Dman I'm loving the game so far. Just beat Colosseum and now I'm headed to Mickey's castle
- Hades is still the best character
- Auron partner moves are cray
- I love it when Mickey saves my ass for at random times. It's useful, especially for critical mode. I guess he serves that cliche guy thats always watching and saving your ass from the shadows?

neither

you're going to need to use Guard basically all the time just to be careful. take the time to level Valor form to level 3 for the sake of high jump. once you unlock it, use Mulan's Limit command strategically to do a quantity of damage and (more importantly) for a decent period of invincibility.
I always use Gaurd when they're not hitting me, then they hit me! I need to get gud lol
thanks for the tips!

also what was the glitch where your drive gauge fills up by going to the world map or something?

Bladenic

I always use Gaurd when they're not hitting me, then they hit me! I need to get gud lol
thanks for the tips!

also what was the glitch where your drive gauge fills up by going to the world map or something?

As long as you're still in a Drive form and go to the World Map, it'll refill the gauge. Not sure that it's a glitch though, unless they were nice enough to leave it in even for Final Mix.

Lightning

Banned
Is there a penalty for getting rescued by Mickey in this game? Example does something become missable if I use him? I've been resetting just in case but want to make sure.

neither

As long as you're still in a Drive form and go to the World Map, it'll refill the gauge. Not sure that it's a glitch though, unless they were nice enough to leave it in even for Final Mix.
damn, I thought it would work even if you had 0 drive lol

Luigi87

Do you guys have any tips for doing Lvl 1 critical mode?
I'm in land of dragons and keep getting demolished
-.-
not having Second Chance(or was it Once More?) really sucks

Do Beast's Castle and Olympus Coliseum first. You'll benefit from the abilities you get from completing those areas (Particularly Trinity Limit in the latter).

damn, I thought it would work even if you had 0 drive lol

There are other ways as well. If you see your party of people walking about in a an area such as the village in Mulan's world, you can go out to a enemy infested area and use your Drive form, then run back to that area where they were walking, you will have a full drive again. Just don't hit Zero before getting back there. I dunno what happens if you hit anti form and go back.

Afrocious

Damn, I'm finding it kind of a drag to play this, which is odd because I completed this game technically twice, with Final Mix on the PS2.

I just really want to get to the post game. So many damn cutscenes for nothing! The load times are annoying as well considering how it happens all the time. I'm wondering why there's no data install for this game. I'm playing KH2FM btw.

Another thing, I'm running into input lag. It made the Assassin Nobody fights as Roxas unbearable. Then again I'm also playing this on Critical.

I've had this game since yesterday. I should be way past Hollow Bastion and probably near the end of The Land of Dragons by now. I'm so slow :( but damn I think I'm bored and annoyed.

EDIT: Then again, I did just come from finishing Bayonetta 2.

Luigi87

Is there a penalty for getting rescued by Mickey in this game? Example does something become missable if I use him? I've been resetting just in case but want to make sure.

None. However every time you allow him to save your ass, the less likely he'll do so in the next encounter that he possibly can (starts at a 100% chance, declines each time until it locks at 50% chance). If he saves you twice in one battle, and you win said battle, that's two times it will decline. Of course if you lose and Continue, it resets to whatever it was prior, since continues are based on the checkpoint (which is usually entering the previous area, in regards to bosses).

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Also worth remembering that activating a Drive form fully heals Sora.

Buy Hi-Potions.

What's awesome is that if you use limit, you refill both your HP and your magic :D

I managed to survive against 1000 heartless without any reaction commands with help from limit >< it took like 15 minutes though

Afrocious

I might be going crazy, but are the load times on the PS2 version of KH2 faster? Granted, I was 16 I think way back when and then 17 or 18 when I played KH2 final mix.

neither

Do Beast's Castle and Olympus Coliseum first. You'll benefit from the abilities you get from completing those areas (Particularly Trinity Limit in the latter).
Yeah I gave up on Land of Dragons and started Beast's Castle just now lol

There are other ways as well. If you see your party of people walking about in a an area such as the village in Mulan's world, you can go out to a enemy infested area and use your Drive form, then run back to that area where they were walking, you will have a full drive again. Just don't hit Zero before getting back there. I dunno what happens if you hit anti form and go back.
Ahh, thanks!
I'll try using this when I go back there.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I might be going crazy, but are the load times on the PS2 version of KH2 faster? Granted, I was 16 I think way back when and then 17 or 18 when I played KH2 final mix.

Decently faster yeah. The blu ray drive in ps3 is much slower than dvd read speeds

The load times are definitely longer in the PS3 version, yeah. That goes for 1.5 too, actually.

Bladenic

When I played BbS forever ago when it came out, I remember finding it pretty difficult even on Normal. But I still feel like doing Proud first time. We'll see.

I believe each time it happens it decreases the odds of it happening again in the future.

So you're suppose to pause the game to counteract the delay on drives right. Why couldn't they do a partial install like on the psp version of BBS

Got a new controller now I can confirm that it was my controller being faulty cause I clicked r3 and nothing happened. Well about to hit Land of Dragons

Switch over to BBS for a little bit. Man this game looks good in HD.

The Lamp

I love the BBS intro. Not as much work was put into CG but it just beautifully captures how shit goes down in this origin story.

This is the best year for gaming in years.

Squishy3

Is the extra content extremely annoying to do like it was in the FM of the first game? I gave right up as soon as I saw the new synthesis recipes and the stupidly annoying new Heartless that you needed to get the new materials from.

FUCK SNIPER WILDS

Top Bottom