• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

I don't give a damn if the ''rooms'' in KH3 are deserted of NPCs like in the previous games (except for towns of course but KH1 and KH2 already did it fine). But goddamn no more cutscenes like the ball/coliseum/Agrabah streets indeed.

LAA

I don't give a damn if the ''rooms'' in KH3 are deserted of NPCs like in the previous games (except for towns of course but KH1 and KH2 already did it fine). But goddamn no more cutscenes like the ball/coliseum/Agrabah streets indeed.

Hmm I wouldnt mind more NPCs really, not too many as it really doesnt matter for KH.
What did annoy me, or just completely distracted me, in BBS with terra in the coliseum. *Crowd cheers* and the crowd areas are completely empty and terra's looking around like hes looking at the crowd... Ha ha. Did SE really think we'd believe the crowd were there or something? Ha ha

Luigi87

So as I replay Birth by Sleep, I realize... The Command system is nice, and I really do enjoy it, but after replaying KH2FM as well, and doing a level 1 run at that, I realize I'll be glad for KH3 to return to the classic gameplay (assuming it does). However that comes at a big hope for the balance to be as well done as it is in KH2FM.

Naturally I understand that BbS(FM) couldn't be quite as balanced for Critical, nor DDD for that matter due to their using the Command system, so there are too many variables to take into account, versus the somewhat linear growth path that KH2FM has. As such I would like KH3 to be similar to KH2FM in that regard. It is a shame that Squenix didn't rebalance KHFM Proud when they re-released it in 1.5, since Lv.1 runs in that aren't... great.

LAA

So as I replay Birth by Sleep, I realize... The Command system is nice, and I really do enjoy it, but after replaying KH2FM as well, and doing a level 1 run at that, I realize I'll be glad for KH3 to return to the classic gameplay (assuming it does). However that comes at a big hope for the balance to be as well done as it is in KH2FM.

Naturally I understand that BbS(FM) couldn't be quite as balanced for Critical, nor DDD for that matter due to their using the Command system, so there are too many variables to take into account, versus the somewhat linear growth path that KH2FM has. As such I would like KH3 to be similar to KH2FM in that regard. It is a shame that Squenix didn't rebalance KHFM Proud when they re-released it in 1.5, since Lv.1 runs in that aren't... great.

I actually had a similar thought. Going from KH2FM to BBS I couldnt help feel BBS is slower than I would have liked. I think KH3D was quicker than BBS though thinking about it. I would like a mix between BBS/DDD + KH2 really.

Weiss

Banned
Man, without knowing about Days, Axel's whole character is just ridiculous. First he's a grinning lunatic, then suddenly he's Roxas' psycho ex, and then he's remorseful and helping Sora out.

I know people crap on Days a lot but I'm glad we got some fleshing for Axel and Roxas.

Man, without knowing about Days, Axel's whole character is just ridiculous. First he's a grinning lunatic, then suddenly he's Roxas' psycho ex, and then he's remorseful and helping Sora out.

I know people crap on Days a lot but I'm glad we got some fleshing for Axel and Roxas.

That's all he'll ever be. Or at least what fans want him to be.

CoM Axel>anything after

Should I be using summons? Because I never use summons.
They are very good as long as you keep the level maxed. It's real easy when you get access to Agrabah and the leveling trick.

Bladenic

Personally, I hate Axel. He's such an obvious Creator's Pet, and he was only an interesting character in CoM. His whole shit in 3D made me want to puke, but then again most of that game's events made me ill.

I also hated him for indirectly doing in one of my faves Zexion.

Finalow

is there any status immunity ability in BBS? I probably need that for this fucking fight.

edit/ NEVER MIND, ROCK vs Vanitas, ROCK won. for some reason it worked this time.

jesus fucking christ hardest battle in the entire series for me, with Terra it's ridiculously hard. Terra's dodge has *apparently* less invincibility frames than the dodge of the other 2 characters and that's why I got hit (and killed) so many times. I haven't tried to use sonic blade against him, maybe that could have worked out.

tl;dr Terra sucks and I should have grinded with another character.

there's gotta be an easy way to satisfy Mushroom VIII

guys pls help me PLS
kttcolidamn

Edit: OMG ITS TRUE IF U POST THEN DO IT YOU'LL GET IT LMAO

Aside from the Gullwing is there a good trick to level up quickly?

Most of the previous exploits were removed or patched, so no, the Gull Wing is the quickest way. What I found to be the most efficient method to maxing out was to go crit in TWTNW with Gull Wing and the EXP ability equipped and start from the save point where you can access Luxord and Saix battles. Backtrack from there until you get the zigzag ramp outside where the two-legged puddy nobodies spawn over and over. Use Magnega or equip the magnet ability for your aerial combos and repeat. Once they all die, move 3 screens away return, and repeat.

Each kill on those guys will grant you around 1000xp and you start leveling quick. I maxed in about 2-3 hours. Also equip Lucky Lucky so you can forego any item synthesis farming you may decide to subject yourself to. Also don't worry about dying - the game sets a checkpoint whenever you enter an area, so if you do catch the bad end of a bad combo, you're only set back as far as the last door.

there's gotta be an easy way to satisfy Mushroom VIII

guys pls help me PLS
kttcolidamn

Edit: OMG ITS TRUE IF U POST THEN DO IT YOU'LL GET IT LMAO

I spent about an hour before realizing the best method is to equip the Fatal Crest keyblade (or ability that allows endless combos) and then wipe out your MP and go into Master Form. Do everything you can to keep your MP from refilling and Master Form will do a pretty decent job at getting you over 50 each time. If your MP fills up and you haven't hit the 85 hit mark, put Thundaga on your quick action menu and try to catch him before he hits the ground. I managed it on my third try once I switched to this strategy.

Weiss

Banned
Dammit, the new boss fight in TWTNW is really hard. I'm getting better results using Decisive Pumpkin but he always slips always and starts comboing me.

He's the first really difficult story boss all game, and I've been playing proud.

Shahadan

Most of the previous exploits were removed or patched, so no, the Gull Wing is the quickest way. What I found to be the most efficient method to maxing out was to go crit in TWTNW with Gull Wing and the EXP ability equipped and start from the save point where you can access Luxord and Saix battles. Backtrack from there until you get the zigzag ramp outside where the two-legged puddy nobodies spawn over and over. Use Magnega or equip the magnet ability for your aerial combos and repeat. Once they all die, move 3 screens away return, and repeat.

Each kill on those guys will grant you around 1000xp and you start leveling quick. I maxed in about 2-3 hours. Also equip Lucky Lucky so you can forego any item synthesis farming you may decide to subject yourself to. Also don't worry about dying - the game sets a checkpoint whenever you enter an area, so if you do catch the bad end of a bad combo, you're only set back as far as the last door.

Thanks a lot man !

Bladenic

You do NOT need to be in critical health to activate the ability of Gull Wing. Repeat: you do NOT need to be in critical. 50% and lower is all it takes.

Shahadan

You do NOT need to be in critical health to activate the ability of Gull Wing. Repeat: you do NOT need to be in critical. 50% and lower is all it takes.

Really? the tooltip says critical so I assumed I'd have to endure the annoying alarm sound for a few hours ;(

Edit: wow it's true, thank god :lol:

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, being as low as possible (I take myself down to 1) makes it less of a hassle to stay under from the stray HP ball or so.

This is more a BBS thing than a KH2FM thing though.

RPGCrazied

In the sewers of Disney town is a machine that has no power, I'm guessing thundaga to turn it on? I used thundara on it and it didn't start.

Luigi87

In the sewers of Disney town is a machine that has no power, I'm guessing thundaga to turn it on? I used thundara on it and it didn't start.

You need to power it up with multiple lightning attacks.

ThunderBolt style makes it really easy.

Edit: Slower than Terra..

I spent about an hour before realizing the best method is to equip the Fatal Crest keyblade (or ability that allows endless combos) and then wipe out your MP and go into Master Form. Do everything you can to keep your MP from refilling and Master Form will do a pretty decent job at getting you over 50 each time. If your MP fills up and you haven't hit the 85 hit mark, put Thundaga on your quick action menu and try to catch him before he hits the ground. I managed it on my third try once I switched to this strategy.

This is exactly what I did lol

RPGCrazied

You need to spam it, and I believe the rank doesn't matter. (Takes 5 or 6 thunder/a/ga)

You need to power it up with multiple lightning attacks.

ThunderBolt style makes it really easy.

Edit: Slower than Terra..

Thanks! Even if the little meter goes up then all the way down? I just thought I wasn't using a powerful enough spell to make it go all the way to the red.

Finalow

damn Mysterious Figure was hard.

not much the first part but when he gets 2 bars of HP left it's a fucking nightmare. the idea of an attack that blows away your command list was pretty interesting and original but it also was the reason of the 90% of my deaths.
it was hilarious when all of his clones combo'ed me at the same time.

-

is there a very fast way to grind 5k medals? If not, I'll probably start KH2 instead.

Alright finished all the mushrooms and got the Winners proof.

time to start the data battles.

edit: you're actually supposed to win against these beasts?

Weiss

Banned
I love how the game keeps framing Sora and Kairi with the other Disney romances, and when they finally meet
he awkwardly hugs her, but when he finds Riku he grasps his hand and starts crying.

Bladenic

I love how the game keeps framing Sora and Kairi with the other Disney romances, and when they finally meet
he awkwardly hugs her, but when he finds Riku he grasps his hand and starts crying.

Don't you know? There are no canon straight couples in Kingdom Hearts (excluding Disney ones of course).

Finalow

so after the last game of the series Aqua is still
trapped in the realm of darkness
and Ventus
is still sleeping?
Or I missed something.

/also wasn't there supposed to be a new 'secret movie' in this 2.5 remix?

Berordn

so after the last game of the series Aqua is still
trapped in the realm of darkness
and Ventus
is still sleeping?
Or I missed something.

Rescuing them is almost certainly going to be a part of the story in 3 after events that will become... Clear-ish in DDD.

Captcha

Aqua is so terrible at the very start of the game. What in the world were they thinking? A magic based character but they give her like...thunder only. I had to stop and grind after the first world.

Bladenic

Aqua is so terrible at the very start of the game. What in the world were they thinking? A magic based character but they give her like...thunder only. I had to stop and grind after the first world.

I grind everyone in the first world (well except Ven cuz he doesn't need it that badly, first world isn't good for grinding him anyway and his first boss is easy). But Aqua definitely needs it the most.

Caladrius

It doesn't help that her initial command style somehow manages to make her physical attacks even worse.

Honestly I have no idea what the hell happened there. Like, I have to assume it was some weird writing flub or something because pretty much EVERY SINGLE WORLD ends up with something about Sora and Kairi, literally going as close as they can to saying that they're in love without actually saying it.

sappyday

I beat Vexen data, Marluxia data, and Larxene data. Not as bad as I was thinking they were gonna be. I'm still scared to try out the others.

The Lamp

Uh, I don't know why people always bring this up. It makes total sense. Sora knows Kairi was safe at home back at the islands.
Riku is Soras best friend and Sora is looking for him since KH1. By the end, he doesn't know if he's alive or safe from the darkness that controlled him. The journey was all about finding him. Then he finally meet him and sees that he's okay.I probably would have cried in that instance too.

Shahadan

F@CK THIS SHIT I'm always dying at the riku part of the fight because this bullcrap of reaction command appears for a micro second whenever it wants to and I have next to no health.
Reaction commands are the bane of my existence.

F@CK THIS SHIT I'm always dying at the riku part of the fight because this bullcrap of reaction command appears for a micro second whenever it wants to and I have next to no health.
Reaction commands are the bane of my existence.

Lol reaction commands is the most reductionist form of QTE we will likely ever experience. Still looks cool as fuck though.

Top Bottom