• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh, it wasn't so much for damage as it is to teleport onto his tongue. Can't remember which one I used.

Groof

CURSED KEEEEYBLAAAAADE

image.php
Spot on
26e.gif

Carbonox

Could someone clarify how the Synthesis trophy is obtained?

Do I need to make everything in the Creations list (which is a fuck load)? Or just completing all items in the Free Development and Recipes list whilst getting my Moogle to max level and completing the Lists page?

Trying to grind Goofy's best shield out of the Halloween Town mushroom (using Stitch) and gahh, I always get hit exactly *once*. So annoying that sometimes Sora just refuses to cast Reflect soon enough.

sappyday

Could someone clarify how the Synthesis trophy is obtained?

Do I need to make everything in the Creations list (which is a fuck load)? Or just completing all items in the Free Development and Recipes list whilst getting my Moogle to max level and completing the Lists page?

To even complete the synthesis part of the journal, you have to craft everything. Get like 25 of every synthesis item (except crystals) until you can buy them in the shop.

Edit: Data Demyx was super easy. Just gotta find the pattern.

There's a lot of other bullshit journal entries lol

Yeah, I remember that it really annoyed me (and still does) that all of the Paradox cups have zero material rewards for completing them, and all of the Winnie the Pooh minigames have zero material rewards for getting a high enough score, and so on and so on. At least give me an AP Up or a Serenity Crystal or something. KH1 got that shit right. It feels vastly more annoying to do that stuff knowing you're only doing it for a little Mickey Mouse symbol.

Caladrius

Yeah, I remember that it really annoyed me (and still does) that all of the Paradox cups have zero material rewards for completing them, and all of the Winnie the Pooh minigames have zero material rewards for getting a high enough score, and so on and so on. At least give me an AP Up or a Serenity Crystal or something.

I find it preferable to Final Fantasy X's "Lock critical post-game items behind extremely hard and unfun minigames."

Would be nice to be able to get stat boosts from them, though.

maaan I got Terra down to 2 health bars left and screwed up when he shot me with that one bow n' arrow attack that wrecks your menu. He's probably one of the best fights in KH history though, requiring strict timing and knowing how to approach each attack he throws at you. Better than like Mysterious Figure in BBS just hurting my fingers by slamming them into the dodge button 50 bajillion times until he decides to give me an opening.

Finalow

done with BBS, Armor of the Master and No Heart where a joke compared to MF.

should I go for critical in KH2 as my first run? I'm afraid that if I do that post-game bosses will be insanely hard.

The Lamp

So watching the secret teaser for BBS shown at the end of KH2 (the one featuring the trio with dual keyblades), I'm totally not the only person who thinks BBS was originally going to be Kingdom Hearts 3, am I? It blatantly shows them picking up what are clearly Sora, Riku, and Mickey's Keyblades.

I knew it wasn't KH3 since like end of 2006 or beginning of 2007 when an interview with Nomura confirmed that the secret video took place way way in the past and that that wasn't the direction the next games were going in. Or something. I don't remember. But people ignored that and still thought the next game was going to be KH3: Keyblade Wars lol.

No, it was never meant to be KHIII. Around KHII's original release Nomura told how he thought there were some stuff that he felt needed to be told before moving on to Kingdom Hearts III and Birth By Sleep was always supposed to be one of them as a game that explains some of the past stuff & and introduces the OG villain Master Xehanort

And of course the keyblades just symbolize the connections Terra, Ven & Aqua would end up having with the "current" owners of those keyblades.

Edit: beaten.

I knew it wasn't KH3 since like end of 2006 or beginning of 2007 when an interview with Nomura confirmed that the secret video took place way way in the past and that that wasn't the direction the next games were going in. Or something. I don't remember. But people ignored that and still thought the next game was going to be KH3: Keyblade Wars lol.

I remember there being a video for the longest time on Youtube with the BBS movie, but it was titled "Kingdom Hearts III trailer", lol. Hell, it might still be up these days.

Lol I remember when I thought this was KH3 too. Way before I knew anything about the games at all.

BBS Spoilers question:
Is there a reason why Ven looks like Roxas and Vanities looks like Sora?

It's partly the other way around.
Roxas looks like Ventus, who came first, and he looks that way because Ventus's heart is broken and is basically back to healing itself inside of Sora (and very arguably Roxas had Ventus's heart the whole time and is basically a sad amnesiac Ventus with some amount of Nobody properties due to his ties to Sora, the ability to merge together, etc).

Vanitas looks like Sora because Ventus is linked to Sora and Vanitas draws his own traits out of Ventus.

Kinsei

Banned
I forgot how clever Data Axel's DM is. Positioning is everything in that fight, so he has a DM that while really easy to block will push you towards the wall.

I'm almost done with the data fights now. I just have Xaldin, Xigbar, and Xemnas left to do. Xaldin and Xigbar shouldn't be too difficult, but I'm really worried about Xemnas. Does the bug from the final fight carry over into the data version?

Ok, ok. So magnet can apparently move a statue made of stone yet you need magneron to get a simple jewelry between some rocks. Scenario writers were probably not thinking too straight on that.

Lightning

Banned
done with BBS, Armor of the Master and No Heart where a joke compared to MF.

should I go for critical in KH2 as my first run? I'm afraid that if I do that post-game bosses will be insanely hard.
Critical is the only way KH2FM should be played, imo. Starts hard but gets easier but you will still likely die alot as regular enemies can easily kill you on critical mode but the extra abilities is worth it.

As for the data battles they are more strategic battles anyway. Lack of a plan in those fights will see you destroyed.

sappyday

Data Axel is making my heart beat too much. I can get him to one HP but trying to the reaction command and trying to survive is some tricky shit.

Afrocious

I forgot how clever Data Axel's DM is. Positioning is everything in that fight, so he has a DM that while really easy to block will push you towards the wall.

I'm almost done with the data fights now. I just have Xaldin, Xigbar, and Xemnas left to do. Xaldin and Xigbar shouldn't be too difficult, but I'm really worried about Xemnas. Does the bug from the final fight carry over into the data version?

Yup, and it fucking sucks. That killed me 80% of the time. I had to abuse Limit form's loading to get past it sometimes, or get comboed for a while since I had Once More equipped.

The best part is you don't have to get all his bars down. When he did his desperation move, I knew I had it in the bag.

I only have to beat Axel, Vexen, and Xigbar. I'm focusing on Vexen atm and I can't seem to figure him out. Any help would be nice. I've found videos but I can't say I'm skilled enough to do what those time attack folks do.

120px-Crimson_Jazz_KHII.png

These shits are the worst part about playing on Critical.

Oddly enough, enemies haven't been a problem at all for me. Not even those since they're huge and squishy.

The closest to an inconvenience I've run into were the Pirates in Port Royal, but they go away forever.

Them and their aero counterparts.
Btw does anyone know why Vanitas looks like
a dark version of Sora?

Because Soras heart connected with Ventus at the beginning of BBS to fix the broken part Vanitas caused. For whatever reason this connection changed Vanitas's appearance.

Kinsei

Banned
Yup, and it fucking sucks. That killed me 80% of the time. I had to abuse Limit form's loading to get past it sometimes, or get comboed for a while since I had Once More equipped.

The best part is you don't have to get all his bars down. When he did his desperation move, I knew I had it in the bag.

I only have to beat Axel, Vexen, and Xigbar. I'm focusing on Vexen atm and I can't seem to figure him out. Any help would be nice. I've found videos but I can't say I'm skilled enough to do what those time attack folks do.

Break his shield and then go final form. Once in final spam firaga until he uses his DM. Revert and dodge his DM (You revert because if your drive runs out in the middle of a combo it negates once more). Afterwards beat up Anti-Sora or take enough damage to get back up to the five drive bars required to go final. Go final, break his sheild, and spam firaga. He should be dead after the second firaga spam.

Afrocious

Break his shield and then go final form. Once in final spam firaga until he uses his DM. Revert and dodge his DM (You revert because if your drive runs out in the middle of a combo it negates once more). Afterwards beat up Anti-Sora or take enough damage to get back up to the five drive bars required to go final. Go final, break his sheild, and spam firaga. He should be dead after the second firaga spam.

Works for me. Bond of Flame + Oathkeeper work?

sappyday

Defeated Lexaeus and Xigbar. However, my triangle button is getting fucked up. Stupid Kingdom Hearts and your stupid reaction commands.

Im trying to farm materials for my ultima weapon. Does anybldy knows a great guide with item materials and their locations? (final mix 2) im tired looking for bright shards and gems.

Top Bottom