• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

sasuke_91

Haven't played in a while and this update is a little overwhelming honestly. No idea what to do 😂

Anyway I pulled an iXemnas, which is cool I guess.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
No, we already got the broom from the pre-registerations.
I think you're wrong.

all players that log in between the dates below will receive the following gifts!

Campaign Period:
Apr. 6, 2017 (once the maintenance has been completed) to May 6, 2017 3:59 a.m. (PT) / 10:59 (UTC)
We got the last M&B before April 6th. This will be our third free M&B.

I managed to complete all of the Proud+ quests released so far!

I only barely edged out the last Magic and Speed quests, though. That Player Turn change actually helped me out here lol.

sPyT9Mx.png

QVSuipq.png

Hphqdme.png

pe9Nyg1.png

iKairi2 is really good at just allowing you to do whatever specials you want that turn without needing to worry about meter management. The only reason those times were so close to the wire was because some of the medal animations take a long time (especially when using a friend medal).

EDIT: I hope future Proud+ quests don't have a timer associated with them; my problem is not surviving with these things. Unfortunately, the wiki has no info on any quests past the level 420 ones.

EDIT2: By the way, OceanicAir has a Jack & Sally with traits (one of them being an extra attack!) and I don't know why.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Installed and started the game for the first time in who knows how many months....lol.
Just did 2 Anniversary Draws....got these 6* Sora&Donal& Goofy A, Illustrated Ansem, Illustrated Xion, Illustrated Riku B....any good ?

I have like 1500 Jewels left....what would be the best/fastest way to farm Jewels right now...maybe i can do one more Draw before the Anni Event is over.

Dont think ill get back into this game...but would be cool to check out what has changed since the early Days.

Medal capacity is on sale?
When did that happen? Didn't see in any of the notices?
Any one know how long it is on sale for?

I think you're wrong.

Exactly.
Someone should tweet them about it because I don't have twitter.
A third brooms would be glorious.

The second M&B was from the registrations. It even said in the pop up when we got it.

Yeah, the e-mail says it's for the pre-registration campaign, which was the reason why we got broom #2. That being said, the e-mail does say that we get it alongside the 6000 jewels and Sora&Roxas for logging in during the campaign, so maybe they'll give an extra to us anyway. Maybe alongside the 1000 jewels they forgot? It would be a dream come true.

Medal capacity is on sale?
When did that happen? Didn't see in any of the notices?
Any one know how long it is on sale for?

Till the 25th, according to the e-mail.

Famassu

I think you're wrong.

I mean, they gave the Sora & Roxas medals & jewels (though wrong amount at first) yesterday. If we were getting another Fantasia Mickey B, you'd imagine they'd have given that at the same time but unless I'm remembering it completely wrong, they already gave that when they first announced the pre-registerations had exceeded the required amount.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I mean, they gave the Sora & Roxas medals & jewels (though wrong amount at first) yesterday. If we were getting another Fantasia Mickey B, you'd imagine they'd have given that at the same time but unless I'm remembering it completely wrong, they already gave that when they first announced the pre-registerations had exceeded the required amount.
But it wasn't tied to logging in between those dates. This notice says this one is. It's possible they screwed up the wording on an update again but we all know what happens when they do that.

lol....just lol.

But thanks.

If you want you can do what I do when I want to go banner pulling with jewels from quest.

Just rush to the end.
Skip cutscenes.
Ignore all objectives.
And kill the target as fast as you can.

I can usually get like 45-60 quest done in like an hour or so.

I think you're wrong.

But it wasn't tied to logging in between those dates. This notice says this one is. It's possible they screwed up the wording on an update again but we all know what happens when they do that.

I hope they give us an extra one, but unfortunately, I think they just wanted to minimize the # of people who got the M&B, so they gave it away prior to the update.

If you want you can do what I do when I want to go banner pulling with jewels from quest.

Just rush to the end.
Skip cutscenes.
Ignore all objectives.
And kill the target as fast as you can.

I can usually get like 45-60 quest done in like an hour or so.

There's even less reason to watch the cutscenes now, since you can watch them all in theater mode without wasting AP, lol.

I managed to complete all of the Proud+ quests released so far!

I only barely edged out the last Magic and Speed quests, though. That Player Turn change actually helped me out here lol.

iKairi2 is really good at just allowing you to do whatever specials you want that turn without needing to worry about meter management. The only reason those times were so close to the wire was because some of the medal animations take a long time (especially when using a friend medal).

EDIT: I hope future Proud+ quests don't have a timer associated with them; my problem is not surviving with these things. Unfortunately, the wiki has no info on any quests past the level 420 ones.

EDIT2: By the way, OceanicAir has a Jack & Sally with traits (one of them being an extra attack!) and I don't know why.
That's awesome! I'm gonna try the 410 proud quests soon myself.

And about the bolded, I never fused the 3 J&S I got during the HSC. Mainly because there were many times that running with two separate ones were way more beneficial than running one fused especially since I wasn't close guilt (actually used a double J&S setup to beat the last Xaldin B quest). I just got reeeeeaaaalllllly lucky. Shared medals are gonna be even more interesting soon.

Famassu

I imagine Coliseum is gonna be ridonkudonkulous this month thanks to beneficial Traits helping people get those extra gauges & inches off of enemies' health bars, helping them stay alive longer with def boosts etc. + i2Kairi2 making SP gauge management a joke + buff/debuff limit raise meaning people can hit far harder than ever before.

I could get to something like the 128th round (and maybe further, haven't tried yet) with single turn victories all the way in all but 1 round (even that was because ABIII on my glorious Meowjesty didn't activate in one battle where I needed it the most). Around 2005th or something in the rankings at the moment. By letting things get to second or third rounds + the Second Change I gave to illuKairi, I imagine I can push myself even further.

That's awesome! I'm gonna try the 410 proud quests soon myself.

And about the bolded, I never fused the 3 J&S I got during the HSC. Mainly because there were many times that running with two separate ones were way more beneficial than running one fused especially since I wasn't close guilt (actually used a double J&S setup to beat the last Xaldin B quest). I just got reeeeeaaaalllllly lucky. Shared medals are gonna be even more interesting soon.

You better be funneling all the Mickey & Brooms you can to that lol. An extra attack would be a huge boon to our party.

creid

Had some nice pulls this morning on the way to iKairi 2: Boss Marluxia, Illus Sora B (I think? the COM-looking one), iXion, and SP something.
I'm hearing Storage is half-off again. Was that in the notice(s)?
I didn't see it in the notice but it is very welcome, lol.

Like a month or so I was complaining about having awful speed medals.
Now I have great speed and with all the ill stuff, idk what set up I should be using lol.

My power is great as well, except I have no one for single target damage.

My magic is now my lowest one even though it was my best for quite awhile. Only because of HD Aqua and Classic Donald.

Initially I was bummed when I pulled an iRiku A here, because I felt that I wasted jewels pulling for one during the last banner. However, I combined them and rolled Extra Attack! Now I can get +5 Green with iKairi and that. As a result, I threw one of my three AB3 Max on my 100% Marluxia B. That thing hits like a truck now. PREVIOUS PULL REDEEMED! \o/

My trait luck continued past iRiku A as well. I had a bunch of dupe Classic Donald; previous plan was to make a few 100% Boosted Donalds with them but only managed 1 so far. I rolled on the 100% one a few times and got +1k Atk. I also have four Meowjesty, but only ever use 2 of them. So, I sacrificed one of them for a trait roll and again got +1k Atk! My remaining two AB3 Max instantly went to these. I now have at least one powerhouse medal for each color to hit ridiculously hard after iKairi + Sebastian + iRikuA/Moana/Maui.

Yeah, traits can definitely help breathe new life into old medals. I went ahead and combined my two Christmas Soras and got +1000 ATK on my 100% guilted one. My magic collection is far, far weaker than my power and speed, but this has definitely helped it out a bit.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there any JP meta discussion on traits and which ones are good for which type of medals?

Also, are there good guides or load-outs available for various keyblades? Again, I figure that JP players have put a bunch of this info together. Having pulled quite a few times to get my iKairi 2 with guilt, I have a LOT of new medals. Of course, they aren't all guilted just yet, but eventually...

And I know we just got the new banner, but is there speculation on the next "good banner" to pull on?

Kitoro

Wait.. in Guilting Illustrated KH2 Kairi, would her bonus attack % even benefit her in any way?

If not, I'm starting to feel silly for splurging for a duplicate...

Anyone getting back into the game/making a new account is welcome to join us on KingdomGAF in Unicornis.

Did a bit of party cleaning of the really inactive ones (several months) so pardon if you were one of them.

creid

Wait.. in Guilting Illustrated KH2 Kairi, would her bonus attack % even benefit her in any way?

No, though you should get nova level(s), a trait, and the new Key Art medal.

And I know we just got the new banner, but is there speculation on the next "good banner" to pull on?
I'm sure there are lots of good stuff in-between, but I've been reading tons of praise for the 0.2 Kairi medal that Japan just recently got. It's similar to iKairi 2 but trades the 10 gauge refill for an additional +6 strength buff and -1 Enemy Defense debuff for 2 gauges.

On it's own it's great and if combined with iKairi 2, that would provide full HP, +6 strength, +2 PSM, -2 Enemy PSM Def, -1 Enemy Def with 8 gauges left over.

Fauve

The fixed damage is increased by guilt. At max guilt she does 20000 damage.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm sure there are lots of good stuff in-between, but I've been reading tons of praise for the 0.2 Kairi medal that Japan just recently got. It's similar to iKairi 2 but trades the 10 gauge refill for an additional +6 strength buff and -1 Enemy Defense debuff for 2 gauges.

On it's own it's great and if combined with iKairi 2, that would provide full HP, +6 strength, +2 PSM, -2 Enemy PSM Def, -1 Enemy Def with 8 gauges left over.

So is this the sort of combining of buffs/debuffs needed to clear the quests with large health pool enemies?

I asked a few questions a couple of pages back that went unanswered. Can anyone help shed some insight?

- What skill are yall putting on iKairi 2? I'm thinking DB3, whenever I get one.

- Are Color Boosts (+3 Blue Moana / Red Maui and +2 Green iRiku) > -1 DEF of iSora2? I set up most of my blades as: iKairi2, Sebastian w/ SP1, iSora2, Attack Medal, Attack Medal but I'm wondering if the color boosts would be stronger?

- Will there be another +3 ATK & Dispel medals available in the future? I'm F2P so I couldn't get iBnB (thus, my reliance on Sebastian for +3). Not having to waste a medal slot on Belle / Antiform Sora / Alice would be wonderful for bosses who get a bunch of buffs.

- Is there a way to tell if a medal gains another trait slot without actually evolving it?

Can someone get me an invite to KingdomGAF? Decided to switch unions to get an active party I could communicate with.

Username: L4DANate
ID: 575529

Psxphile

Trait slots seem tied to the rarity of the medal. Tier 4 and 5 get two slots, everything else only one. Stands to reason as Tiers 6 through 8 are made available, they'll have more slots available.

Fauve

My answers in bold:
I asked a few questions a couple of pages back that went unanswered. Can anyone help shed some insight?

Combine, no. But you can keep the trait you want out of your two medals by using that one as the base.

Few ?s:

- What skill are yall putting on iKairi 2? I'm thinking DB3, whenever I get one.

I personally put Second Chance on mine. DB3 is good too of course. And triple threat if you snagged one from the past avatar board as if you like using status ailments. But keep in mind that status effects took a nerf to their hit rate.

- Are Color Boosts (+3 Blue Moana / Red Maui and +2 Green iRiku) > -1 DEF of iSora2? I set up most of my blades as: iKairi2, Sebastian w/ SP1, iSora2, Attack Medal, Attack Medal but I'm wondering if the color boosts would be stronger?

Moana and Maui would serve you better than the defense debuff from Sora on lower level enemies. Higher level enemies may need their defense lowered to do damage to them.

- Will there be another +3 ATK & Dispel medals available in the future? I'm F2P so I couldn't get iBnB (thus, my reliance on Sebastian for +3). Not having to waste a medal slot on Belle / Antiform Sora / Alice would be wonderful for bosses who get a bunch of buffs.

Sorry, no idea here.

- Is there a way to tell if a medal gains another trait slot without actually evolving it?

Pretty new to the traits system so I can't help here either.

Azuran

Banned
There's no covert guilting campaign going on at the moment right?

Just making sure since they also didn't announce that inventory slots were on sale again.

Credo

I went ahead and pulled another 5 times after the initial 5. So much for impulse control.

I had that thought too and am feeling a bit dumb for doing it. But now that I've done it, I don't think there's any point in me keeping two 3-pipped iKairi's instead of combining them to guilt her and getting the key art. Maybe someone else could see the long-term benefit of having two 3-pips, and if so, please speak up!

Azuran

Banned
I went ahead and pulled another 5 times after the initial 5. So much for impulse control.

I had that thought too and am feeling a bit dumb for doing it. But now that I've done it, I don't think there's any point in me keeping two 3-pipped iKairi's instead of combining them to guilt her and getting the key art. Maybe someone else could see the long-term benefit of having two 3-pips, and if so, please speak up!

There's no point in having two. Guilt her to increase her damage to 20k. You may also get lucky and get the Double Attack trait to increase the gauge recovery to 20 per turn.

Credo

There's no point in having two. Guilt her to increase her damage to 20k. You may also get lucky and get the Double Attack trait to increase the gauge recovery to 20 per turn.

I'm about to guilt her then. 100% expecting poison resist.

Edit: Nope. 99% guilt and Max Gauges +2. Do we not get the Key Art medal until the event ends? Or do I have to get her guilt all the way up to 150% for that.... -__-;

I'm about to guilt her then. 100% expecting poison resist.

Edit: Nope. 99% guilt and Max Gauges +2. Do we not get the Key Art medal until the event ends? Or do I have to get her guilt all the way up to 150% for that.... -__-;

You usually have to wait until whatever deadline they set (April 25 I believe). Whether or not it is max guilted doesn't make a difference.

Credo

You usually have to wait until whatever deadline they set (April 25 I believe). Whether or not it is max guilted doesn't make a difference.

Thank God. I wasn't looking forward to using over half my mirrors just to max her guilt. It'd be nice to max it for the 20,000 damage, but not at the cost of 51 mirrors. And there's no chance I'm pulling on that banner again after 10 pulls.

Thank God. I wasn't looking forward to using over half my mirrors just to max her guilt. It'd be nice to max it for the 20,000 damage, but not at the cost of 51 mirrors. And there's no chance I'm pulling on that banner again after 10 pulls.

Fortunately for you, Max Gauges +2 is definitely one of the better traits for her. Since she can go into any keyblade with no damage reduction you basically gave yourself +2 gauges to every keyblade you have.

Once the Proud quest go past 300 we'll be getting the Reversed mono-type keyblades, which only have 10 gauges at +25. Having extra gauges will be especially invaluable for them.

Credo

Fortunately for you, Max Gauges +2 is definitely one of the better traits for her. Since she can go into any keyblade with no damage reduction you basically gave yourself +2 gauges to every keyblade you have.

Once the Proud quest go past 300 we'll be getting the Reversed mono-type keyblades, which only have 10 gauges at +25. Having extra gauges will be especially invaluable for them.

Just got Max Gauges +2 on Key Art 4 right after guilting Kairi, so it's quite a day for gauges.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Is there a way to get traits without a duplicate medal? Mostly thinking for later on as "meta" builds start coming out.

Top Bottom