• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

BEHOLD! A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL GEAR!!!
Finally had enough jewels to buy the avatar board for SP Attack Gauge 1. Literally have 0 jewels now though.

doVYulH.png

1g7qdx7.png

(Just tried it out in Coliseum. It's so weird, but so awesome to get 6 str for 2 special gauges.)
This medal I have is probably one of the best medals in the Global version huh?
It's funny because I'm a pretty scrub player as well. I'm looking forward to when I have actually guilted medals, and then can use my good skills on them.(Like my Attack Boost 4)
I like no guilted attack medals besides when they have event things. ;-;

Can't wait to have this and ill Kairi 2 combo together. Still have to pull 2 more times for ill Kairi 2 though.. unless I get lucky with the next pull.

BEHOLD! A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL GEAR!!!
Finally had enough jewels to buy the avatar board for SP Attack Gauge 1. Literally have 0 jewels now though.

doVYulH.png

1g7qdx7.png

(Just tried it out in Coliseum. It's so weird, but so awesome to get 6 str for 2 special gauges.)
This medal I have is probably one of the best medals in the Global version huh?
It's funny because I'm a pretty scrub player as well. I'm looking forward to when I have actually guilted medals, and then can use my good skills on them.(Like my Attack Boost 4)
I like no guilted attack medals besides when they have event things. ;-;

Can't wait to have this and ill Kairi 2 combo together. Still have to pull 2 more times for ill Kairi 2 though.. unless I get lucky with the next pull.

Now guilt it to 150 percent.

Now guilt it to 150 percent.

;-; I want to... but I only bought one week of VIP(So far my only week of VIP).

I was thinking of giving brooms to him because then I can use him in proud quests. But I will still need one more broom to do so.
Although I'd also want to guilt ikairi 2.
But I think this beast might be more important?
idk.

Slightly related. I've jumped about 20 or 30 rounds now in the Coliseum. And was able to completely ruin the enemies on Power Proud Quest (4) lvl 280. So used the power gem for treasure trove to do even more devastation.

I'm assuming you can't get that medal anymore?

It was VIP reward like 2 or 3 weeks ago? They had it for 2 different weeks.

I was thinking of giving brooms to him because then I can use him in proud quests. But I will still need one more broom to do so.
idk.

Slightly related. I've jumped about 20 or 30 rounds now in the Coliseum. And was able to completely ruin the enemies on Power Proud Quest (4) lvl 280. So used the power gem for treasure trove to do even more devastation.

It was VIP reward like 2 or 3 weeks ago? They had it for 2 different weeks.

You could probably obliterate all of the Proud+ quests. Tack on a general defense debuff and iKairi 2 (along with your two best attack medals of any color) and go to town.

Also, wouldn't your iB&B have 3 dots instead of 2?

You could probably obliterate all of the Proud+ quests. Tack on a general defense debuff and iKairi 2 (along with your two best attack medals of any color) and go to town.

Also, wouldn't your iB&B have 3 dots instead of 2?

I just did the magic proud quest lvl 280 and didn't even need to use my friend medal except for the tap. lol
Although I'll probably need to use my speed keyblade for the 400 one.

I luckily have HD Axel who I sometimes use instead of SP Axel when I feel I need to do more damage in exchange for one more special bar.
Looking very forward for iKairi 2, but I probably won't have enough jewels for like a week(when I do the last 200 story quest) or so since I'm mostly F2P.

It's only 2 dots because I have one more ib&b medal. Idk why I'm holding onto it tbh. I was thinking if I got 1000 more attack would I want to take it and remove 2 max gauge?
So because I'm not sure I didn't put it on. I'll throw it on when I can finally guilt it/make up my mind what I would do if I got lucky again for a trait.

idk.

0t3AFI3.png

Joqu

Um... I didn't get my daily jewels today.

Unless I did get them but without the daily prompt thing, I don't exactly remember how many I had yesterday. Either way, it feels like I didn't get any. ;_;

Um... I didn't get my daily jewels today.

Unless I did get them but without the daily prompt thing, I don't exactly remember how many I had yesterday. Either way, it feels like I didn't get any. ;_;

You posted this 3 minutes before the daily reward timer rolls over. (No, for some reason it doesn't match up with the actual day rollover, don't ask me why)

And my post got a bit buried last page, but I need an invite to KingdomGAF:

Username: L4DANate
ID: 575529

Joqu

You posted this 3 minutes before the daily reward timer rolls over. (No, for some reason it doesn't match up with the actual day rollover, don't ask me why)

I guess my time's off then, whoops. I'm aware of the timer, I always do it now on Saturdays cause I can't play other than for those few minutes today and the time looked right.

Phew

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's so discouraging when you guilt a medal and get like 4% from max. I mean, it's awesome...But it means you'll probably end up having to burn mirrors to get that extra 5 nova levels.

Also, my next medal splurge should hopefully let me guilt a bunch of T3 medals. I have a lot sitting at 1 or 2 dots from guilt.

Can I also get an invitation to KingdomGAF? My current party is pretty dead.

Name: Sasuke
ID: 1417333

You're welcome to join but you have to be in Unicornis. Can't invite you until you switch unions unfortunately.

We'll still have room for 3 more if anyone wants to swap. We've got our own discord channel that we use to chat and coordinate multiplayer in.

sasuke_91

You're welcome to join but you have to be in Unicornis. Can't invite you until you switch unions unfortunately.

We'll still have room for 3 more if anyone wants to swap. We've got our own discord channel that we use to chat and coordinate multiplayer in.

Switched to Unicornis now. Thanks.

Could I get an invite to the Discord?

Lnds500

What's the medal setup you've been working with? When I was doing it I went all out and didn't worry about defense and finished in 2-turns (I'm f2p also).

iKairi 2
iKairi
Jack and Sally
Jack Skellington 100% Guilt
Shadow 100% Guilt

Divine Rose +25

I so a healthy amount of damage but I can't survive his final attack which complete wrecks me. He gets +5 attack now and he hits thrice...

iKairi 2
iKairi
Jack and Sally
Jack Skellington 100% Guilt
Shadow 100% Guilt

Divine Rose +25

I so a healthy amount of damage but I can't survive his final attack which complete wrecks me. He gets +5 attack now and he hits thrice...
Whoa, I guess the limit being raised can go both ways.

But were you able to get a boosted Classic Donald to replace the Jack or Marluxia/Larxene/Xigbar B to replace the Shadow (or any other upright magic/reversed speed)? Because Jack/Shadow don't take advantage of all those PSM buff/debuffs since they are neutral special attacks.

Remember, much like the first fight like this you don't need to reduce the HP to zero.

Try using a debuff friend medal like iB&B so he doesn't hit you with the +5. You'll lose the stack of J&S that carries over, but you'll at least survive die.

Famassu

The multiplayer is kinda bleh at the moment. The regular battles are too easy and other than Darkside, so are the bosses as well. Darkside shows some promise since it can actually kill my non-DB'd ass and a lot of other people as well so there's some need of team play to keep people alive.

That + the performance tanks when there are more than a couple people doing anything. They need to figure out a way of perhaps toning down the special attack VFXs so that the framerate is better than 1 frame per 2 seconds.

Psxphile

The multiplayer is kinda bleh at the moment. The regular battles are too easy and other than Darkside, so are the bosses as well. Darkside shows some promise since it can actually kill my non-DB'd ass and a lot of other people as well so there's some need of team play to keep people alive.

That + the performance tanks when there are more than a couple people doing anything. They need to figure out a way of perhaps toning down the special attack VFXs so that the framerate is better than 1 frame per 2 seconds.

It's a little too chaotic, yeah. Worse is trying to revive someone but getting beaten to it and wasting the medal anyway on a cheap tap attack. The Darkside stage seems tailored for higher-end users a.k.a. whales right now, plus when they got Union Cross Japan had far better medals compared to us so we're a little too under-powered to properly challenge Darkside and so most people just opt out.

How many Cross boards are there? I'm on my 2nd now, wondering how many jewels I can reasonably get from these. They seem to be about 80 per board...

How many Cross boards are there? I'm on my 2nd now, wondering how many jewels I can reasonably get from these. They seem to be about 80 per board...

Wait there is a second board? I assume you get it after completing Magic Mirror Set 1?

I thought there was only one. lol

Lnds500

Whoa, I guess the limit being raised can go both ways.

But were you able to get a boosted Classic Donald to replace the Jack or Marluxia/Larxene/Xigbar B to replace the Shadow (or any other upright magic/reversed speed)? Because Jack/Shadow don't take advantage of all those PSM buff/debuffs since they are neutral special attacks.

Remember, much like the first fight like this you don't need to reduce the HP to zero.

Try using a debuff friend medal like iB&B so he doesn't hit you with the +5. You'll lose the stack of J&S that carries over, but you'll at least survive die.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Ended up hitting the retry button accidentally in one of my runs. Won after that thankfully.

creid

In the English version, during the 04/06/17 - 04/24/17 Anniversary Medal Carnival, players had a small chance of drawing a boosted version of Illustrated KH II Kairi that has 1,000 more base strength and defense. During the period, the Medal came with its Special Attack strengthened to 3 dots.
Oops, I didn't even look at my 2nd iKairi2 before fusing it. Good thing she does fixed damage...

If you were looking for an invite to the KingdomGAF discord, check your PM's. :)

Better yet, quote me to see a link. Was trying to keep it party only but that's pretty silly of me.

deanote666

I am trying to finish all the quests before focusing on the Union stuff. Is it just 1 Mirror per board?

The board I'm on now has 3 mirrors. The first 2 had two each. Jewel nodes are still only 10 jewels.

Edit: Just unlocked the 4th union cross board. Identical to the 3ed. 3 mirrors, 80 jewels

JTripper

I haven't played this game in months and just checked in this week to check out the Union X update.

Is it worth playing through the rest of the story quests? How many are there now? I stopped at around 402.

So how often will the UNION CROSS Multiplayer will be resetting/getting new boards?

The notice said periodically, but does that mean every 2 weeks, every month? Every season? lol

I haven't played this game in months and just checked in this week to check out the Union X update.

Is it worth playing through the rest of the story quests? How many are there now? I stopped at around 402.

600 quests now.
I'd do it just so you would have enough for 5 pulls, so you could get ikairi 2.

Razmos

Came back to the game for the update.. Illustrated KH2 Kairi is a game changer for me. The ability to get back 10 special gauges at once allowed me to finally clear the adamantite challenges I was stuck on, and they were super simple and easy with that medal.

The trait system is also great, though the lack of an ability to reroll outside of merging with another medal is giving me flashbacks of us not getting Mickey and Brooms for an entire year.

The gatcha is so much better now though. Getting at least 1 premium medal per pull is great and I have a lot of amazing tier 4 and multiple tier 5 medals after doing some pulls for Ill. Kairi. Shame they are kinda pointless without the ability to guilt them though.

Also that VIP quest where you get about a 100 of each upgrade medal, my god.

Psxphile

Don't plan on getting more Chip/Dale medals past the Lv. 10 Raid Boss this weekend, all you'll get is coins. Better to concentrate on getting more of your party actively involved in summoning raid bosses so you can farm multiple Level 10s instead.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So is there a good "all around" keyblade worth leveling? Also, can we max all the key blades yet or do we have to be selective?

So is there a good "all around" keyblade worth leveling? Also, can we max all the key blades yet or do we have to be selective?

The keyblade you should level honestly depends on your medals, since even besides being power/speed/magic, the multiplier bonus for being reversed or upright can make a really huge difference. I'm using the new Stroke of Midnight right now for this reason and it's been pretty phenomenal. If I didn't have good reversed power/speed medals and a decent upright magic medal though, their multipliers would only be 1.10, so it would be practically worthless to use. Take a look at what your best medals are and see which of the mixed keyblades they'll slot into best.

For your second question, it seems like we need to be pretty selective for now. Kairi makes the adamantite quests far more manageable, so if you have her and haven't done those yet, it shouldn't be too bad to get up to +25 on the non-Proud mode keyblades. Gems are still quite limited, especially if you've missed a lot of them like I have, so getting them higher than that will be a bit harder.

Modoru

Depends on what you have, but if you've been active even slightly the past few months, best keyblade for most people is Divine Rose, due to the abundance of decent reverse speed medals.

So I just got Moogle O' Glory(+1) and Sleeping Lion (+5), are they good keyblades?

Also I currently have a guilted Master Xehanort. I also have a 3 dot Master Xehanort and a 5 star Master Xehanort.
Should I try getting another guilted Master Xehanort?
Or should I just slap the 6 star and the 5 star onto the guilted Master Xehanort to get a better guilt (currently at 66%) and get a trait on it?

EDIT: also how many Proud Quests are in global right now anyway?

Modoru

So I just got Moogle O' Glory(+1) and Sleeping Lion (+5), are they good keyblades?

Also I currently have a guilted Master Xehanort. I also have a 3 dot Master Xehanort and a 5 star Master Xehanort.
Should I try getting another guilted Master Xehanort?
Or should I just slap the 6 star and the 5 star onto the guilted Master Xehanort to get a better guilt (currently at 66%) and get a trait on it?

EDIT: also how many Proud Quests are in global right now anyway?

MoG and Sleeping Lion are good, yes. MoG is power/magic combination keyblade, whereas Sleeping Lion is full speed with a focus on upright medals (only one reverse slot [third, specifically]) - SL also features better multipliers. Think of it as a v2 to your Lady Luck.

It won't totally replace your LL, but it's a good alternative.

imo evolve 5star and use on your guilted one. I don't specifically recommend having two master xehanorts on a setup anyway because of the cost associated (until we get sp2+atkmax and such, anyway - and even then, you could probably get something better down the line. The trait is probably more valuable to have.

also, 150 PSQ's to date.

Kitoro

So I got my second iKH2Kairi and fused them together. I got 96% guilt and a crappy Sleep Resist 20%. Do I try my luck with Mickey and Brooms for second attack? How does this work, exactly?

So I got my second iKH2Kairi and fused them together. I got 96% guilt and a crappy Sleep Resist 20%. Do I try my luck with Mickey and Brooms for second attack? How does this work, exactly?

Mickey and Brooms won't reroll traits, so without another Kairi, you're stuck with that one.

Mickey and Brooms do not give traits.

Mickey and Brooms only give pips for a medal.
Personally I recommend never using Mickey and Brooms for a reroll because they are very rare.
Even when they become more "common" they will probably be very rare/expensive to get.

Top Bottom