• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

So I got my second iKH2Kairi and fused them together. I got 96% guilt and a crappy Sleep Resist 20%. Do I try my luck with Mickey and Brooms for second attack? How does this work, exactly?

Mickey & Brooms does not give you traits. You'll need another iKairi 2 for that.

Also, don't bother rerolling her. The extra damage she'll do is negligible.

Modoru

So I got my second iKH2Kairi and fused them together. I got 96% guilt and a crappy Sleep Resist 20%. Do I try my luck with Mickey and Brooms for second attack? How does this work, exactly?

Currently your only way of getting new traits is via duplicate medals - MnB won't do anything else other than re-roll your guilt (or add a dot, where applicable).

I wouldn't be surprised if they make a medal that rerolls traits down the line, but right now we don't have that.

Also, don't bother rerolling her. The extra damage she'll do is negligible.

It's also the chance of recovering another 10 gauges (effectively a full refill everytime), another heal, and another PSM+ and enemy PSM-.

Currently your only way of getting new traits is via duplicate medals - MnB won't do anything else other than re-roll your guilt (or add a dot, where applicable).

I wouldn't be surprised if they make a medal that rerolls traits down the line, but right now we don't have that.

It's also the chance of recovering another 10 gauges (effectively a full refill everytime), another heal, and another PSM+ and enemy PSM-.

I'm implying not to use Mickey & Brooms to re-roll her. ._.

Kitoro

Ahh, thanks, everyone! Is she worth using Magic Mirrors on, or should I save those for the next big thing that doesn't have fixed attack?

Modoru

Ahh, thanks, everyone! Is she worth using Magic Mirrors on, or should I save those for the next big thing that doesn't have fixed attack?

Probably better off not using them on her, really. You'd need 54 mirrors to max her out, prolly better used on something without fixed attack yeah.

Skittles

Huh. That's weird. I wonder why Global hasn't received that. Maybe eventually?
We'll probably get them as Coli rewards before VIP buys. Then Avatar boards.

So.. 28 brooms a week...

Freaking 5 Mickey brooms?! That's insane. I jelly.
I think that's a special for this week. I don't think they usually get that many brooms so quick. I know it's Coli rewards, Avatar Boards, and sometimes event.

Good week of content ahead. ORG XIII event, daily jewel quest, HSC, Stroke of Midnight adam quest, and I think proud+ quests

C9A5eEdVwAE5RCG.jpg

No brooms in sight Captain.

Cinderella SP
Cinderella & Jaq
The King & Donald & Goofy

What to expect. Both Cindarellys restore HP while buffing 1 tier, KDG is a single target Tier 4 attack medal with a decent multiplier that ignores attributes.

Cinderella's kinda useless aren't they?
Unless you get extra attack, and put a SP attack gauge 1 on it? :p

C9A5eEdVwAE5RCG.jpg

No brooms in sight Captain.

Edit: If I had to guess, like last time for ib&b, the week after will probably be another 4 of the same medals. So you can actually guilt them.

Psxphile

Cinderella's kinda useless aren't they?
Unless you get extra attack, and put a SP attack gauge 1 on it? :p

Yeah, they're pretty lousy and unnecessary, especially if you have Queen Minnie or iKairi2. Maybe Global will buff them to make them worthwhile, but I doubt it. I'd only want them if I could get them guilted for the Nova levels, but seeing as how it's an HSC only the whales will be able to manage it.

Skittles

I could see them maybe being useful if you roll double activation+2000 def. Could use them for tanking multiplayer/high-round coli rounds.

So I had to decide between giving my guilted Saix a Str +1000 or an Extra Attack... and I decided on the former. Extra attacks are usually only good for buffers, Saix is really expensive to use, and the extra strength can be used to overcome enemy defenses.

Famassu

Ah, it's oh so nice to do HSCs early on. Got to around 750th place. Now to watch the whole week long as my position drops further and further and probably out of top 10 000 -_-

Had a good 56% multiplier with Iago and iKHIIKairi + that Sora medal with a 89% guilt from friend medals. Might try again without Iago and maybe with Sebastian for the extra buffage to see if I can do anything to those lvl 400 enemies. Or maybe I'll give Sleep to Iago and see if he can help with that.

Edit: lol. Got +2000DEF trait to Iago and gave him DBII. DBII activated twice of the three (?) attacks from the lvl 400 swarm aaaaaand still I died like fucking nothing. -_- Does second change work in HSC at all?

If you were looking for an invite to the KingdomGAF discord, check your PM's. :)

Better yet, quote me to see a link. Was trying to keep it party only but that's pretty silly of me.

Thanks.

Getting back invested into the game again. Been a while. Pulled a Kairi though so that's cool. Still can't do many of the harder missions, like the ones for the moogle keyblade. Like the new multiplayer aspect.

Ah, it's oh so nice to do HSCs early on. Got to around 750th place. Now to watch the whole week long as my position drops further and further and probably out of top 10 000 -_-

Had a good 56% multiplier with Iago and iKHIIKairi + that Sora medal with a 89% guilt from friend medals. Might try again without Iago and maybe with Sebastian for the extra buffage to see if I can do anything to those lvl 400 enemies. Or maybe I'll give Sleep to Iago and see if he can help with that.

Edit: lol. Got +2000DEF trait to Iago and gave him DBII. DBII activated twice of the three (?) attacks from the lvl 400 swarm aaaaaand still I died like fucking nothing. -_- Does second change work in HSC at all?

Yes it does, it activated two separate times for me against a couple copters in the same run (if it did a third time I would have finished it lol).

I got really lucky with my 10 rolls to get my 2 KH2 iKairis since I also received a World of Chaos and a Dark Riku. With another Kairi as a friend medal, I had a multiplier of 105! My Xigbar B did most of the damage against the higher enemies though. Ranked 183 with about 17.5 mil points, we'll see how far I'll drop.

deanote666

I started the 5th union cross board. Same as 3 and 4.

With a 63% multiplier, you'll only be able to get a little over 15,300,000 by clearing everything. I used second chance twice.

Edit: I just used an 84% multiplier and got 17,440,000 points by clearing everything. Using Xigbar B (thanks oceanicair), I didn't need a second chance and am now in the lower 500's.

Kitoro

What's the deal with the Cost x/5 counter on the Avatar Customization Board? Something about traits, too? How do these work?

Also, two more questions...

The max buff allowance for attack is +7, and enemy defense debuff is -7? I ask because lots of people on the top of the leaderboards have nothing but Strength Buff medals that buff over 12 tiers...

Lastly, what are the top tier keyblades to focus resources on? I hear the 4 starting keyblades are not worth leveling past 26.

Psxphile

What's the deal with the Cost x/5 counter on the Avatar Customization Board?

Something about traits, too? How do these work? Thanks!

The "cost" is Keyblade cost, which you can raise by activating the nodes in those boards. Keyblade cost determines how many 6* medals you can equip at one time.

Traits is a new feature introduced in Union X: every medal can now "awaken" a passive ability that boosts its effectiveness. You get those traits by merging duplicate medals into one another.

EDIT:
The max buff allowance for attack is +7, and enemy defense debuff is -7? I ask because lots of people on the top of the leaderboards have nothing but Strength Buff medals that buff over 12 tiers...

Lastly, what are the top tier keyblades to focus resources on? I hear the 4 starting keyblades are not worth leveling past 26.
buffs and debuffs come in two flavors: General and Attributes (Power, Speed, Magic). You can raise/lower both in tandem and reap the benefits.

Best keyblades depend on what medals you carry. Obviously if you have a lot of top-tier Speed medals you'll get more out of them placing them on a powered-up Lady Luck and Divine Rose. And just speaking from personal experience but Divine Rose has been my go-to weapon due to the various Org XIII reversed Speed medals, strong Upright Magic medals like Classic Donald, etc.

Modoru

Dual color keyblades also feature better multiplier slots, hence why people prefer them. Starlight's no joke down the line tho.

Kitoro

Thank you both!

Also, I wasn't talking about Keyblade Cost or Medal Traits; sorry for the confusion!

I'm talking about these:

Outfit Cost and Perks. I have no idea how they work or what they do. @_@

Psxphile

Thank you both!

Also, I wasn't talking about Keyblade Cost or Medal Traits; sorry for the confusion!

I'm talking about these:

Outfit Cost and Perks. I have no idea how they work or what they do. @_@

It's mainly for Accessories. You can add up to 5 individual accessories (hats, gloves, etc.). Accessories is also where you can get Perks, which are supposed to increase the likelyhood of, say, Skill Activation or if a Rare Enemy appears during a mission. Though no one really knows how much of a difference they make.

It's mainly for Accessories. You can add up to 5 individual accessories (hats, gloves, etc.). Accessories is also where you can get Perks, which are supposed to increase the likelyhood of, say, Skill Activation or if a Rare Enemy appears during a mission. Though no one really knows how much of a difference they make.

That reminds me: I really want to know how much damage the extra strength and defense buffs/debuffs do. Are there diminishing returns?

(This is rhetorical. I don't expect you to know this lol.)

That reminds me: I really want to know how much damage the extra strength and defense buffs/debuffs do. Are there diminishing returns?

(This is rhetorical. I don't expect you to know this lol.)

I suspect it's a bell curve from personal use. +1 to General Strength only seems to help a little, +2 seems a bit more than double what +1 gives, +3 seems to be quite a bit more than triple +1. Rocking +6 doesn't seem to be double +3, so I haven't been bothering to use both iBnB and Sebastian yet.

This is all purely anecdotal mind you, I haven't run the numbers or anything. Could be completely wrong.

Kitoro

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with my gems.

Right now, I've got a guilted Illustrated KH2 Kairi medal, but the rest of my best attack buffing/def debuffing medals are at 0 pips. I'm running Mono Magic, and it'd be fantastic if I could pip up, but that isn't possible, of course.

Should I keep splurging my gems on pulls in the Kairi banner in hopes of being able to get two Sora to guilt and then the guilted Key Art #5 I'll get from that, to get a fully guilted team off the ground?

Also, is this the type of game ala Dokkan Battle, in which it's dangerous to post my status screen in fear that people could use that info to contact customer service and claim my account?

Reading the above reminded me.
Do you do the same damage from +1 attack as -1 def on enemy?
Or is one better than the other?

Like does 1 general attack on yourself = negative 1 general on enemy? (Would same rules apply to attribute?)
I would assume yes? Right?

Also the bigger question.
Is 6 general strength better than 3 general strength and -3 general defense on enemy?

I feel like the answer should be obvious... (They should be equal damage?)
But sometimes in games attack boosts are better than damage reductions.

Kitoro

It will never lower- if you reroll and your guilt doesn't change, chances are you got something lower, which is why it didn't move up.

Thanks!

Also, is the drop rate lower for the new Sora vs the new Kairi? My friends and I have all gotten Kairi before our 5th pulls, and even again before our 10th, but none of us have gotten even a single new Sora yet.

creid

Reading the above reminded me.
Do you do the same damage from +1 attack as -1 def on enemy?
Or is one better than the other?

Like does 1 general attack on yourself = negative 1 general on enemy? (Would same rules apply to attribute?)
I would assume yes? Right?
I think someone in this thread was saying the other day that -1 general defense down on an enemy is much more helpful than +1 general attack up on yourself.
Also, is the drop rate lower for the new Sora vs the new Kairi? My friends and I have all gotten Kairi before our 5th pulls, and even again before our 10th, but none of us have gotten even a single new Sora yet.
I've only gotten Kairi from mercy pulls, but did get 1 Sora in my 10 pulls.

I think someone in this thread was saying the other day that -1 general defense down on an enemy is much more helpful than +1 general attack up on yourself.

I think this scales with levels. As the enemy's level increases, general defense drops become exponentially more potent.

On enemies with lower levels, the general defense drop doesn't amount to much because their defense is already so low (and I don't think you can have negative defense). There, attack ups would benefit the most.

Of course, a good combination of both would do wonders, which is why I'm so glad my KA #3 got an extra attack.

Top Bottom