• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Aw crap, I just realized that I don't have nearly enough cost (at 100 right now) to hold even two 6* medals, let alone five. :<

I think I may just have to give up on Timeless Mickey, unfortunately...

Malyse

[chi] goes to Unicornis
uPzFQLb.png

JP Unchained goes to Unicornis
vrl44tC.jpg

NA Unchained goes to Vulpeus
oI8doQ5.png

• Vulpeus - 13,756,585,507
  • Unicornis - 11,003,405,254
  • Anguis - 5,869,060,459
  • Leopardos - 5,304,953,149
  • Bears - 2,980,252,159

Faiz

The top 5 Solo Rankings in Vulpes bottomed out at 300M with the top being 500+.

The Current Top 3 on Vulpes (~1/3 of a day after the reset).:

note the level 251

Yikes... The top rankings in the parade must show the people on your Union then?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Chi is the original browser version.

Edit: in momentary retrospect I realized that probably wasn't the question you were asking. My bad!

No, that's what I was asking! I've never played a KH game, so this is all about the fun grind for me. :)

Boogiepop

Btw, anyone know what max cost is at in the Japanese version, and when we can expect the level cap to increase so we can get some more? It's kind of interesting since we're currently capped at 180, so we CAN equip a full set of 6s, but they'd need to be full of Cids. So in theory as more cost is introduced it'd decrease the number of Cids needed. I'd really like to hit at least 200 so we'd have a moderate amount of wiggle room in terms of being able to slot in new medals without needing to fill them with Cids...

I spent $15 and spent a solid week grinding. Made tons of progress and got a handful of 6*. No guilt, but tons of stuff I'm happy with. Still got completely annihilated on those 140 quests. I don't think Timeless Mickey is happening for me.

lyrick

Btw, anyone know what max cost is at in the Japanese version, and when we can expect the level cap to increase so we can get some more? It's kind of interesting since we're currently capped at 180, so we CAN equip a full set of 6s, but they'd need to be full of Cids. So in theory as more cost is introduced it'd decrease the number of Cids needed. I'd really like to hit at least 200 so we'd have a moderate amount of wiggle room in terms of being able to slot in new medals without needing to fill them with Cids...

I'm thinking 180 sounds a bit low:

I currently have 168 cost and have another 10 (x2) free avatar boards to unlock. There's also 10 cost from the premium avatar boards that I haven't snagged yet.

assuming the next 20 free avatar boards all have a single cost node isn't the current Maximum cost 198?

CRS

Would replacing the Attack Boost on my Black Coat Riku with Poison be worth it? Trying to figure out who to put it on and he seems like the only choice since I'm gonna stick with him for a while.

My TT setup right now:

DiZ, Hercules, Wakka, Coat Riku, KH Cloud

Not sure who to replace Hercules with since I don't have any other decent Power medal. And I don't want to put poison on my AoE since special attacks don't trigger poison. DiZ currently has a Defense Boost as well.

Any suggestions?

Boogiepop

I'm thinking 180 sounds a bit low:

I currently have 168 cost and have another 10 (x2) free avatar boards to unlock. There's also 10 cost from the premium avatar boards that I haven't snagged yet.

assuming the next 20 free avatar boards all have a single cost node isn't the current Maximum cost 198?
Wait, did the level cap raise past 200? Because 180 was the number I got when I added the cost I was missing from the jewel boards and the level up outfits I had up to that point. Would love to be wrong and that point and for there to be more cost to grab right now!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I spent $15 and spent a solid week grinding. Made tons of progress and got a handful of 6*. No guilt, but tons of stuff I'm happy with. Still got completely annihilated on those 140 quests. I don't think Timeless Mickey is happening for me.

Couldn't you use some of those gems to continue a couple times?

Couldn't you use some of those gems to continue a couple times?

Blew them on a medal draw, and unfortunately didn't have any extra leftover. But I didn't even get past the first wave of standard enemies.

I think I spread myself too thin. I focused on getting at least one 6* for every type instead of buffing up one keyblade's set to a competitive level.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Would replacing the Attack Boost on my Black Coat Riku with Poison be worth it? Trying to figure out who to put it on and he seems like the only choice since I'm gonna stick with him for a while.

My TT setup right now:

DiZ, Hercules, Wakka, Coat Riku, KH Cloud

Not sure who to replace Hercules with since I don't have any other decent Power medal. And I don't want to put poison on my AoE since special attacks don't trigger poison. DiZ currently has a Defense Boost as well.

Any suggestions?

Probably a bad idea - Riku is a Top Tier unit because he is a damage dealer, so you need to use his Special. Poison will only be activated when using normal attacks. So its better to put it on non-damage dealer...i put mine for example on 5* Beast.

I would put Poison on a farmable unit so that you can transfer the skill in the future to another unit if needed. Wakka/Cloud and Riku are dmg dealer so you probably want Attack Up skill on them and something like Defense Up on DiZ.

Hachitora

Welp, already done with the two event boards. All I have is that extra event board and I don't rly think I feel like grinding all those out since I can get them from dailies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Now that Half AP is gone, I often find myself out of AP :(

Yeah, I think the biggest culprit of this is super expensive quests with very little reward. Hell, the current event is 15 AP for less than 100 LUX. Sure, Queen Bee Omega gives a ton of Lux, but you are not guaranteed to spawn her. And it will probably start costing you AP to kill her after level 6 or 7.

Not to mention, the Special Quests are CRAZY expensive to run. 30 AP for the Olympia Materials quest. I'm at 123 AP. A full recharge is just over 6 hours. I can run that quest four times and then sit around for another 6 hours before I can play again. With stamina recharges being expensive as well, it just doesn't really help keep people playing regularly.

The primary reason I'm avoiding the weekly unlock is because I know I won't get much use out of it now.

E: Fixed my numbers.

Faiz

I've been farming level 57 for guard armors to prevent complete AP depletion. And I don't even have a 6 star Wakka yet.

Aru

I'm playing the game mainly for the plot revelations, even with as few as there are now. I just want to have all the pieces of info before playing KH3.

RalchAC

Yeah, I think the biggest culprit of this is super expensive quests with very little reward. Hell, the current event is 15 AP for less than 100 LUX. Sure, Queen Bee Omega gives a ton of Lux, but you are not guaranteed to spawn her. And it will probably start costing you AP to kill her after level 6 or 7.

Not to mention, the Special Quests are CRAZY expensive to run. 50 AP for the Olympia Materials quest. 50. I'm at 123 AP. A full recharge is just over 6 hours. I can run that quest twice, wait 80 minutes, run it again, and then sit around for another 6 hours before I can play again. With stamina recharges being expensive as well, it just doesn't really help keep people playing regularly.

The primary reason I'm avoiding the weekly unlock is because I know I won't get much use out of it now.

I don't have problems with story quests and event quests. If I can't defeat the Bee Queen, I let my party buddies finish him off.

Specials... Seems like a big problem. They're too expensive. Hope we see a half AP event soon. Maybe another month after EU launch?

Famassu

So how many times does one have to kill the Queen Bee to get everything from at least either gender's board + the extra board?

Also, are there any bear peeps here? Are there any GAF bear groups to join? Not the most active player anymore, but at least I won't share a 1* Donald Duck...

Flunkie

Banned
Probably a bad idea - Riku is a Top Tier unit because he is a damage dealer, so you need to use his Special. Poison will only be activated when using normal attacks. So its better to put it on non-damage dealer...i put mine for example on 5* Beast.

I would put Poison on a farmable unit so that you can transfer the skill in the future to another unit if needed. Wakka/Cloud and Riku are dmg dealer so you probably want Attack Up skill on them and something like Defense Up on DiZ.

still waiting on my invite :p

How the heck am I supposed to know when the Munny quests are available? Is it literally just "turn on the game and oh there it is"?

Psxphile

I believe someone mentioned that it's different for everyone but they tend to activate around the same time everyday. I guess if you manage to get one, you should note what time it comes on and check back everyday at that time to see if it's consistent.

Almyn

I'm playing the game mainly for the plot revelations, even with as few as there are now. I just want to have all the pieces of info before playing KH3.

Don't worry, you can still have those infos when KH 2.8 will release. Isn't it only the cutscene from Unchained Chi that will be in?

Hachitora

Anyone know of a list that shows what quests drop which medals? I drew a 5* Selphie a while ago and figured miht as well grind her up and guilt her

Someone on Reddit made a 'guide' on the times. I'm not sure how accurate the information is but its worth a look. It seems to be different for everyone. There's 3 a day, and you have a 1 or 2 hour window to log in and run it when it's active.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHea...x_munny_madness_how_to_find_your_event_times/

Well I can confirm that on multiple days I've logged on at noon and 5pm hour and it was there for me.

Anyone know of a list that shows what quests drop which medals? I drew a 5* Selphie a while ago and figured miht as well grind her up and guilt her

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vRtE_piELQXebleCS9Sx8H92C9AKSHRZeUtEpvgyCnA/edit#gid=0

also

Banned
So how many times does one have to kill the Queen Bee to get everything from at least either gender's board + the extra board?

Also, are there any bear peeps here? Are there any GAF bear groups to join? Not the most active player anymore, but at least I won't share a 1* Donald Duck...
Sadly, there doesn't seem to be beary many bear players and I don't think there's a GAF party. I joined a random party (Key BEARers) and it's pretty relaxed; no requirements but that also means less interactions and activity. You should join (approval is set to auto) if you just want to be part of a party but if you want something more hardcore, you should look elsewhere.

Top Bottom